Shores of Dispair (part 6)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Shores of Dispair (part 6)

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

[color=cyan:2tlo4lyw]((here for the next part![/size:2tlo4lyw]))[/color:2tlo4lyw]

:D

((cant make the smilies bigger...))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt looked to Zarae, and mentally sent to her, "What can you tell me of this lake? Should we be expecting a fight when we get there? I vaguely remember something about a dragon in the area, but I haven't seen any signs of the beast as of yet."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder glared at Adain her eyes peirsing his.
" Oh Adain and what is that suppose to mean " she snapped. Signaling Meldrinus she turned and rode swiftly after Zerae.
Zarea had rode quite a distance, but Cinder was certain she could catch up.
Something cought her eye she reared Meldrinus in and headed toward the strange glittering in the snow.
Last edited by CinderSuru on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((oh i forgot the dragon...tho i never intended a dragon persay, but with all these people in this empty forest...))

((incase any wonder, zarae and the few are like an hour ahead. so we're less than an hr from the cave.))

[quote:26f97y21]they passed an unusual tree that caused her mount to slow and hesitate. on the tree was a sigil ward. the trunk diameter was the diamater of a large feast table. the tree was bare and leafless, but the tree seamed to not be in hibernation. [/quote:26f97y21]

thinking about it, "neither have I," she said menatally while still inspecting the ward on the tree. she knew of them slightly and only becuase noble houses often had powerful wards protecting them. thinking, she wondered if she would be able to disable it. but she wasnt sure what type and what conditions were set. but people from Bitterleaf had been able to get to the lake, so unless it was recent, a high probability, then it had to be set for something less humanoid.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/glyphofwarding.htm
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian stared after Cinder, his jaw dropped open in befuddled shock.

"What just happened?"
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder was surprised to hear Adain coming up behind her, she stppped and turned to him as he approched. " what are you doing here? she said flatly
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt landed by Zarae, and glanced at the glyph, "Tricky things, these." He sighed, "The simplest way would be for me to set it off, and hope there aren't any secondary glyphs under it..." He shrugged, "But I would rather avoid alerting the one who set these glyphs of our presence."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"can u read it?" she asked. studying it more, she began to think she might have known a way to disable it (possible for rogues tho hard).
and if it had been from those of the town she wasnt sure she wanted to disrupt it.

the distance her eye caught sight of a small herd of white furred deer (hart i think), the buck large and majestic with dark antlers and and shimmering coat. he looked over to twords them, more to Moonlight then moved his herd further into the forest. Moonlight neighed softly then was quiet again, his breath forming a foggy cloud around his muzzle in the cold air.

((im going with a glymph against aberrations and such type evil beings since bitterleaf is predominately rangers and elven))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

[i:phz4qksn]Surely some wonder after the whereabouts of the mysterious Agmasek, where has he gone to, as people began exiting the magical structure, with his racial near mastery of shadow magics, he exited along with Sanisa, though whether she knew it or not, melding with her shadow, moving into a state more than a place, between the Prime Material, and Shadow planes, the latter a place where his good heart is unwelcome, but his inherently dark powers give him something to bargain for his safety with. He did not need to go there, this time though, and once outside, where shadows of people and trees happened to converge, bridges formed into deeper wilderness, where he separates himself from the group, for now. For now, he is tired, and hungry, and returned to his dragon form, that hunger does not take so long to cause distant cries to rise in the distance. To the ears of adventurers experienced in the north lands though, the concern for those cries quickly passes, for these are the unmistakable death cries of yetis, creatures none among the goodly people of the world will mourn losing a few of.

The dragon eats well today.[/i:phz4qksn]
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt shook his head, "Not read it. Well not exactly." He turned to Zarae, so she could see his eyes were closed, "Reading a rune or glyph you don't know about is about as dangerous as poking a sleeping giant in the eye. A truly intelligent wizard could simply cast a spell to see what the rune was. A select few, who have a deeper connection with magic, can feel what magic is coming from the rune, and identify it that way. I choose the latter option." He opened his eyes, and winked at Zarae, "A useful trick I picked up from the person who taught me the truth about magic."

Zyeke
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

Not disrupted from his task at hand, Tristian, while other had been preparing to go out scouting, had found a suitable tree, paused in order to seemingly speak to it, and then, simply stepped inside it, and was for a moment, just gone. Naturally his ever protective Companion and Mate, disliked when he did this, leaving the silhouette of a Dire Bat, perched upon the small landing upon the mountainside where they had camped, studying the land below. A creature to be alarmed about, usually, for medium and smaller sized creatures were often their food supply, this one waits patiently, and does not leave her perch.

It is not long though, that she must wait, for Tristian gave his report, and informed the Clan that he would be watching over a peculiar and large group of adventurers for a time, one of whom he thinks he recognizes as having helped him find his way home some years past.

With the red-eyed Moon Elf returned to the forest nearby, his exit tree comes out closer to the scouting party this time, and he pauses to turn about, getting his bearings then respectfully thank the tree. In getting those bearings, he could not help but note, the group staring intently at another tree, and this brings a VERY warm smile to his face. [color=green:1jjppdvb][i:1jjppdvb]'My beloved, I am returned, go see if the shining warrior and white wolf are present.'[/i:1jjppdvb][/color:1jjppdvb] says he through that special bond of Druid and animal companion. He has described to her many times the 'shining warrior' and his 'white wolf' that she might know to recognize they that returned her mate to her.

Keeping his bow put away, this elf with his pale face, and dark hair, approaches the marked tree, and those studying it, [color=green:1jjppdvb]"It warms my heart to see so many folk of less nature-attuned walks of life, so engaged in studying a tree. And a dark elf among them, no less?"[/color:1jjppdvb] There is an irony he realizes, in his assumptions, for he has Drow to thank for the lycanthropy that runs through his family, and his family to thank for his druidic path, which he now ponders teaching to a Drow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Within the area where Zazzt left behind so many others, still preparing, that perched Dire Bat has left her perch, and descended down to the forest floor, not close up upon the gathered party, but close enough that either can see the other. Indeed, she does see, however limited it is, enough to send back her confirmation of the 'shining warrior' and 'white wolf'. But this is not enough for her, to simply see them. In a sort of crawling motion, for a proper bat of any size, is still short-of-legs, she moves at about the same land-speed as a halfling might. Notably, this Dire Bat wears a minimal amount of leather barding, as it must avoid interfering with her wings, and also carries a leather bag, fastened to her back, the bag itself not taking up much room, nor carrying much in it. Hard to believe, as it might be, this one appears to be tame. If allowed to draw near, might even prove so, in attempting to sniff about Veraka and Aurora, she herself, smelling of all the time she spends close to that peculiar moon-elf, that the wolf has met before.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt whirled around, surprised anyone had managed to sneak this close to them. Arcane fires and lightning flashed and sparked between his fingers, and his wards hummed with power as they were brought to full activation. However, seeing that the elf had no weapons out, Zazzt relaxed, and the power he summoned up dissipated harmlessly. He let out a long breath, and soon returned to his normally relaxed state. He regarded the peculiar elf more closely, noting that there was something... strange, the way that elf carried himself. It was as fluid and graceful as any elf, however there seemed to be another quality, hidden just under the surface. Zazzt decided to put it out of his mind, and smiled, "Yes, trees with magical glyphs of warding on them are truly a sight that anyone, drow or otherwise, would do well to examine with care." He waved a dismissive hand over his shoulder at the warded tree, "Was this your doing, perchance? Very well crafted, I must say. If it wasn't for my sharp eyed friend here, I would have missed it entirely."

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"I want to know what made you so angry!" he said as he rode along, feeling definitely put-upon.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" I told you what I saw " Cinder said " Your tone suggested that you did not believe me. Don't you trust me? Do you think I am delusional or something " she shouted
I love you Adain. I am certainly no expert, but there is one thing i do know about love and that is if there is not trust there cannot be love ... with out trust it is only the illusion of love.
I guess I would like to think what is between us is real and not illusionary. She turned her head from him. " Just leave me alone Adain." she said firmly.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

One word spoken in jest and now she was as angry as a wounded [i:3u1aj6we]maelthra[/i:3u1aj6we]?

Stung deeper than he would have thought possible, Adian retreated. His face was slightly gray as he tried to figure out exactly what had suddenly gone wrong...and what could be done to fix it.

Trust her? Of course he trusted her! He'd said so on several occassions. Now all of a sudden she things he doesn't?

This was bad...the erstwhile "leader" of the group distracted by a spat over...what, exactly?