Shores of Dispair (part 6)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((its ok, sickness totally understandable. somehow thought u had lost internet access for a bit, well a different way.))

Zarae turned hearing the steps coming her way to see Vel first then Veraka (i think, right?). Shade stayed put, close to the small but very warm fire, to see how they would react.
"I'm afraid I havent. but if they dont turn up, the palomino and the white white are eligible to be ridden. they have to go back to Pyoro when this is all done, but its a mount."
she looked to both, "find anything? Adian hasnt been this way, he might have found something."
outside the storm had calmed a bit but waiting it out was the better option, and then they would hit the lake tomarrow at light.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

Sighing in defeat he just shook his head. "Really, i cant believe i wasted so much money for that demonically-possesed beast. During all the time i rode on him i could always feel he was planning something devious whenever he wasnt trying to throw me off. And now he ran away," he lamented, looking at the ceiling with a frown.

He looked at Veraka and offered him a smile. "Aye, it was a black horse. A nasty one at that. I do not know why but people seem uneasy whenever i ride horse of a more...bright color scheme."
Vel''bol zhah veirus, shlu''ta tlu pahntus. Vel''bol zhah velkyn, shlu''ta tlu muth. Vel''bol zhah dossta... shlu''ta tlu usst.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

After Reprimanding the Captian of the Guard Sundue made her way back to Cinder. Sitting beside her she took her hand. There was not enough poison to do serious damage, it should within hours wear off, And she would be fine, it was just a matter of waiting it out. She picked up the book her grandaughter had been reading and read out loud to her.
" Two hords of demons guard the living light " she read " there are two crystals one for each hord. The crystals are black and deep red the red one will aid in sending back those demons that have a red glow back throw a portal that the crystal will open sending them from wence they came closing the portal behind them that they may not return. The black crystal will do the same to the hord that has a blackened glow. These demons will stand in a configuration around the living light. The red will be slightly behind and between the black as they must be taken first as the back draw on them for unseen insights. With out them even there normal sight is decreased." Sundue read on.
Another weakness of the black demons are the singing crystals that can attack the nervous system of such creatures.
Cinder heard her grandmother reading and her thoughts went to her friends, she struggled to wake up, she focused on her room and the candle she could feel burning beside her.
She listened hopelessly as she prayed to the Dark maid to keep them protected and bring her back to the world she belonged.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"here," indicating the Palimino, "Argo?" she looked to see if he acknowledge her with an affirmative, but just kept eating the oats, "he's a good horse. Zazzt didnt like riding a horse so he kinda left him. but Pyoro said these were highly intelligent and specially bred horses. or so I thought," the last part directed to the horse which she coulda swore gave her a wink.
Shade began to crawl twords the tunnel leading into the main lair, Zarae beginning to follow.
"we might should head to check on Adain and maybe set up a quick camp somewhere."
'i wander how Cinder is doing with the research?' she thought heading back into the depths.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder saw Zarae with the horses she was muttering something to them as always, Cinder was there with her but yet she was not, she missed her friends, most of all Adaid.
She just wanted to get back to the world were she belonged she listened to her grandmother reading she heard herd it faintly, she focused back on her grandmother.
Sundue had an idea, she snapped the large book closing it sharply making a loud sound that echoed through the chambers.
Suddenly Cinders eyes opened and she twiched and blinked.
Are you back with us finally my dear her grandmother said taking her hand.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka chuckled a bit as Vel gave his comment to the aasimar.
"Perhaps not investing in a horse, but rather [b:3tz4xbjr]befriending[/b:3tz4xbjr] one might do you some good, hmmm?"
Veraka came up to Blaze and gave the warcharger a good rub on the head, before following Zarae back to where the others were.

When he came back to his wife and his mother, Veraka was greeted by a quick, but passionate kiss from Neriah. Despite his better instincts, Veraka wrapped his arms around his fey'ri wife and returned her kiss.

When she released her mighty paladin husband from her embrace, Neriah quickly added in, "and what do you say?" Her face one of expectation, but a slight hidden smirk in there as well.

Veraka grinned slightly, replying "one more?"

This sparked a giggling fit from Sanisa, her musical tone enriching to hear.

Neriah frowned, putting both her hands on her hips, and shook her head; "I suppose I lost that one."

"Lost that one what?" Veraka asked, genuinely curious.

"A bet with your mother as to what you would say if I asked you that after giving you that smooch on the lips, my dear m'ranndii. You're mother said that you [b:3tz4xbjr]wouldn't[/b:3tz4xbjr] reply with a 'thank you.' "

Veraka grinned again; "well, she [b:3tz4xbjr]is[/b:3tz4xbjr] my mother."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian's explorations had turned up a small cache of potions in a metal box. There were eight potions remaining, and all of them looked like they were filled with a blue fluid and covered with a thin layer of frost. When Adian exposed the vials to the air, they actually seemed to steam slightly.

"I don't suppose anyone here might know what sort of potions these are," Adian said, presenting the box to the group.

Those knowlegeable would realize quickly what they were...presumably that creature had used these to get to whatever was in the frozen Teardrop Lake.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" I must to get back M'lady Sundue!!
they will soon face the living light "
Cinder said then suddenly fell back into her pillow
she was weak.
" There is plenty of time Cinderanna i will bring you some food "
Sundue said then slipped out the door and down to the kitchen.

Cinder watched the fire and rapped herself in the warm blankets.

" Adain " she call out in her thoughts "can you hear me?? how are you out there?? "
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Aidan's eyes lost focus for a moment.

[i:1fylxzso]"Cinder? Are you all right?"[/i:1fylxzso]
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" Adian " cinder whispered.

" I am fine at the moment was unconscious for a wile, an assassin fired a poison arrow at me but only grazed the back of my neck. " she explained.

" I am recovering and hope to be with you soon."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"let me see," she replied entering the room with a giant spider beside her. she walked over to took the interesting vial (assuming he hands it too her) and began inspecting it. she didnt have the componets to use an identify spell.
"they're clearly magical. think they are for the lake?" she reasoned tho when she looked up from studying it, Adain seem to be in a daze or lost in thought.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian's eyes refocused.

"Sorry...Cinder was saying she's all right. Things appear to be rather strange on Evermeet. And yes...I suspect this is what that thing used to get into the lake. So we have our way in...possibly."
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder's Grandmother came in with a tray of hot biscuits, tea, honey and a bowl of berries and set them on the table beside her bed.
" M'lady Sundue I wish to join my friends before the sun rises on them, they will meet the living light there after. "
Her grandmother pored them both tea then handed it to Cinder with a small plate with honey covered biscuits.
" You must be strong enough and all the poison from you before i can transport you such a distance. Eat my dear and drink it will help " She picked up the book and continued reading aloud.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

As Adian looked somewhat stunned for a moment, Veraka gave him a look of concern.

"Hey, brother; are ya alright?" the aasimar asked the young drow, walking over to him and laying an armored hand on his shoulder.

"Also how is your young lover doing?" Neriah asked, a smile on her face, but her tone saying that she was genuinely concerned.

Sanisa said nothing, as did Aurora, but both wolf and solar had looks of concern etched on their faces, worried about Cinder, as well as Adian.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarae went digging thru the box seeing how many there were while the married couple helped Adain. she'd never been in a relationship so she wasnt good for advice in such things.
when she got a chance, she would see if Neriah had the spell to identify each container.

(im thinking some kinda cold protection or elemental protection? allows us to get into the freezing water? we got water breathing scrolls, two for sure anyway. and Zarae's house emblem has that spell. and Cinder might have some way of having that spell)
signature made by Larlan
~Character~