Shores of Dispair (part 6)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder could feel Adains impaitents as they road swiftly through the old mountain road. " These trees are eirrie Adain and quite disturbed they have been tampered with, some are down right evil, or simply sleeping others well oppressed in some way. The eliments are very off here Adain " Cinder said rather troubled to him telepathicly.
" some are causing some kind of interfearance with my abilities to trail the lights or read them. " She said in a erritated tone. Cinder was not about to be bested by trees. She drew in from a combination of sourses and put the trees that were causing trouble to sleep with the others, then pulled into her heart the lights easily excessable to her from Adains endless sourse of violet light and sent it out to the unhappy trees.
If he was not going to use it she would help herself. Gratefully she thanked the soureses that helped her including Adains warm nurturing lights that builted around him. Then reastblished her trail on the lights at the same time she prodused an arua of what she hoped would be a stable protection around them and thier mounts.

((( Hope my spelling is not to badly off i have slow speed were I am right now and the spell check is messed up )))
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((hmmmm, i thought that one also, but thats prudy powerful monster...can we handle such?))

'nuts,' she said to herself. the beast coming for her. her blades clearly attracting the beast. tho most were silver, mithril or adadmatine. thinking, she took the black sapphire from her belt clasp and activated the power in it.
within seconds, the purplish cloud of mist appeared and shaped into a spider. Zarae sent mental instruction to Shade who quickly scittered off and around. the rogue drew a dagger and aimed for the head beneath the eyes.
when the beast stepped into position, Shade released a string of sticky web in quick reaction creating a web. the net of webbing slowed the monster considerable, but it continued after her while fighting the web.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

(Veraka and his lady can almost certainly handle one.)

"Thee," Adian said, pointing. "Their horses. They must have found the cave!"

He veered his horse toward the exterior camp of the party and eased up on the reins. Their horses and camp seemed undisturbed, so perhaps they were all right.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" Zarae is in trouble Adain we need to get to her, here I have found her tracks. They must lead to the cave enterance." Cinder jumped off Meldrinus and started in the direction Zarae's tracks lead. " We need to hurry Adain there is a creature in there of somekind. "
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((well technicall im not alone, just zazzt hasnt discrened trouble yet? or he found something to occupy his attention ;)))

the blade hit dead on, but it would take more than that. moving quickly around, the beast continuing to try and follow as well as struggle against the webbing.
"more," she called to Shade who replied with more of the sticky strands.
'for once a club would be most useful,' she said as another dagger released from her hand at the monster hitting in the other 'eye'. thinking, she levitated up some, then concentrated hard to remember the simple spell. her hands moved thru the air as she spoke the word. then she fired a small orb of acid at the target, it hitting the beast and leaving it mark. it hollered in it unearthly tongue she guessed from pain.

((tho not technically a wizard, nobles of her house were taught some [i:wd37bcru]arcane [/i:wd37bcru]magics. so she can cast a few that dont require too much concentration, odd components or too elaborate intricacies. like 0 or 1 level arcane spells))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder found Zarae, the beast was stuggling in her web and had been in pain from Zarae's magic. Cinder shot arrow after arrow directed at it's throat. She had brought along her small axe and took her aim carefully, took a deep breath and swung with the exailing of her breath, it sunk into the creatures shoulder. She once again picked up her bow and took aim.
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

((Ever had your house hit by lightning? Really does a number on cable TV and Internet service, trying to catch-up now.))
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian came bounding down to where Zarae and Cinder faced off against...uh. oh.

Quickly he pulled out his bow and nocked an arrow. He was a fair archer, by elven standards, but not remarkable in that regard. Taking aim, he fired and hoped that his attacks combined with the others might confuse or frighten the blasted thing.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

[quote="Vailintin":1s66vw6d]((Ever had your house hit by lightning? Really does a number on cable TV and Internet service, trying to catch-up now.))[/quote:1s66vw6d] ((oooo.. sorry. i moved from the lightning capitol of the world FL but never had anything get hit.
if it helps: half the people aint left the camp site yet technically. but a few- me and zazzt (for sure) left early to scout and with possible others, then the rest were to move out.
so as far as it looks, theirs three groups: scouts, adains group and those who've not decided or replied in ages.
zarae, and now cinder and adain are fighting a rust monster at the cave. zazzt and whoever went with the scouting are doing... something. ))
--

the beast was slowing more now from the wounds of acid, arrows and daggers. and all he wanted was to eat. (we're so mean) the beast suddenly turned from chasing her to a larger source of metal (like metallic armor). Zarae reasonably guess a few of the others had joined up with her. tho where was the apparently fickle wizard?
Shade released another netting of web and crawled around to prepare to spring. she wasnt as powerful as the people, but she had a mean bite and of course venom to add to it.
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder reached for her larg daggers in her boots and waited to see the results of Zarae's pet, she knew very well that it had Adain in his sights.
Last edited by CinderSuru on Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Blaze, sensing the trouble ahead, reared and let out a snort as he came down onto the ground, his jet-black hooves impacting the earth with earth-quaking force. Sanisa took note of the charger's reaction and sensed that three of their companions were in battle. She turned to Veraka and his beloved; "my son, your friends need your assistance, now go! I will keep moving on and keep your friend here occupied for the moment."

Veraka spurred Blaze into a full on gallop, Aurora bolting right beside him, easily keeping the horse's pace. Neriah grasped her husbands armored shoulders as Blaze raced across the frozen earth, following Aurora as she sniffed out Adian, Cinder and Zarae, much to his disgruntlement.

The winter wolf found their friends the midst of a battle with an odd creature of sorts. The wolf howled, then rushed in, her maw releasing frozen crystals of glacial wrath upon the monster as her icy breath blasted forth.

As Aurora did this, Neriah raised herself up so she was standing on Blaze's back, and with her elven dexterity and grace, leapt up and off the war charger, her hands going through the motions as she conjured a [b:3qqnbzx1]Delayed Burst Fireball[/b:3qqnbzx1] and lobbed it at the creature.

Veraka continued onward, looking at the creature, who had now turned on Adian and seemed quite interested in him.
"It's a metal-eating creature," came his wife's voice from behind him.
[i:3qqnbzx1]That would explain a lot,[/i:3qqnbzx1] he thought to himself. Veraka decided to do something incredably foolish, at least by his standards it was.

"HEY!! Can-eater; over here!!" he shouted toward the creature, hammering Marala Vharc on his shield to catch the beasts attention.

((Sorry; someone mentioned that V and his lovely fey'ri wife could easily take down something; so here they are. Besides, can't let you guys have all the fun, now can I? :devil: ))
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder summized that the orb of acid Zarae had thrown left a weak spot. She ran toward the creature. Knowing the function of every well forged muscle in her strong agile body perpelling herself in the air landed on it digging the daggers deep into the wound and twisting, before she sprang off the creature slicing at the web she sliced at his throat were many arrows had weakend him. She landed safely on the other side of the creature in seconds.
The action taken had taken her breath she moved deeper into the cave and sat leanining on the stone wall she slide down sitting with her legs bent agianst her chest she dropped her blooded daggers and hugged her leggs and dropped her head on her knees.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Stubborn...thing," Adian muttered as he fired off another shot.

The sad thing was that the Rust Monster wasn't malicious. Just hungry and stupid. To drive it off, they'd probably end up having to very nearly kill it. Especially with the magical metal he and Veraka were draped with.

Oddly, Cinder and Zarae were both better equipped to deal with the thing than either paladin.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder looked up at the beast it was weakining quickly she was certain it could be finished of with out to much effort.
Looking in the other direction down into the cave seeing something glitering in the distant darkness, she opened her mind to Adain again and comunicated what she was seeing.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((not sure if they give up or go till death))

the beast seriously hurt decides to take off finding a spot in the cracks of the boulders around and burrow in.

"well, if thats just a taste of what to expect, I'd hate to run into what else might be in there," the rogue replied. of course now she was missing two of her throwing blades she realized with it gone.
"again. i hate replacing those," she said more to herself.
seeing some of the group here was a good thing. she hurried over to Cinder to see if she was alright. plus, something might reach out and grab the druid if she wasnt careful.

((how bout this in the cave. normally its a surprise, but gotta find more info. http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Phaerimm ))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~