Shores of Dispair (part 6)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Wile Zarae was looking over the stones Cinder sensed something in the weary trees.
She saw the others coming but focused her eyes on Sania who seemed concerned. It seemed that what Cinder was feeling was something appart from what the others were concerned about, this was something that was among the trees sensing their sorrow.
Cinder felt it to it was at times distracting but as a druid her duties to trees were important.
Seeing Adain coming closer
She called to him
" Adain can you feel the spirit among the trees it is sad and very disturbed about their state " she asked him.
Walking toward the tree's were this spirit seemed to be dwelling.
she moved her hand as if trying to find something in the air.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian looked uncertain.

"Be careful, Cinder," he said. "Sometimes the frightened or confused can be the most dangerous."

Still, it wouldn't do to have their backs to the thing if it were dangerous. Perhaps dealing with it now was a good idea.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" It is not dangerous it is sad Adain " she said firmly.
" She felt this presence moving she felt the sadness and the deep desire to help the trees.
Adain was now close enough that Cinder could draw from his healing light the earth here was so barron it seemed Adains light was the strongest healing energy she could draw on. The spirit drew near
* Cinder gathering the viotel light and pushed it to ward the spirit which it seemed to drink up she saw the eyes of a beautiful young female who's form was wispy and illusive but her eyes were full of love as she grasped onto a tree hugging it affectionatley her almond shaped eyes looked at Adain then back at Cinder thankfully.*
Adain can you try and help the tree's at least the ones around her.
Use the light that is a endless pool that you are emersed you have to learn to use it some time."
*Cinder shook her head and drew from him once more, she seemed to have a certain access from there intamate relationship. She once again gathered the light and moved it around the spirit protectively the spirit could then use the is light to give what little comfort she could to the trees around her.*
It seemed to take some of the sadness away.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((sorry hadnt replied, hadnt been on much last few days. just incase i made it confusing, b/c i confused my self also, the large stones aint really anything, there just there... and the fact we aint been disenegrated is because we have the 'key' on us. the stones i forgot to distinguish from the others. the feeling ont he neck was the scrying of Pyoro.
any other confusions let me know. maybe i'll be awake this time during posting :P))

Zarae studied the man-made pillars on the shore of the Teardrop. but there was nothing magic about them. they just were.
her eyes spotted small bobbing lights again heading into the frozen swamp and pause as if calling them to follow. Zarae followed the mysteriously bobbing lights as the others were dealing with the trees. the lights were almost capitaving, that she didnt think to say anything to the others, just followed.
(so [i:cqj80sjy]after [/i:cqj80sjy]you get done then yall might notice the rogue sorta gone. and the lights might persuade yall to follow also, 1 at a time)

they lead to an opening in the ground, the rogue carefully moving across the frozen swamp waters. many spots were thin, and would cause one to sink into its depths. the enterance was a small, and looking down into it there was a water level a good 5 feet below. water breathing cast from her house insignia and the potion drank she was ready. the glowing orbs suddenly spun toward Zarae.
Will-o'-wisps!
Stepping on a loose thin block of ice, the 'floor' gave way from under her and down into the cavren she went.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

~Cinder noticed Zarea at the edge of the lake and followed thinking that they had one all they could for the trees and the mysterious spirit.~
She watched Zarae and followed her she took a drink from the vile and followed her.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian whirled about to see Zarae break through the ice, followed by Cinder.

And the Wisps moving in for the kill.

He didn;t know what those lights were, but he could feel the malice coming from them. Fortunately they did not seem to want to follow Zarae or Cinder.

He quickly drank from his own vial and shuddered. Gods, but that was cold! Then he drew his sword and swung it at the Wisps, scattering them. With only a brief hesitation, he leaped into the freezing water after the two females.

Visibility diminished quickly the deeper he sank, his weapon and armor making a drag he was unprepared for. Fortunately he was able to breathe and did not freeze, thanks to the potion.

Unfortunately it didn't grant hm any extra swimming ability. HDespite his best efforts he began to sink into the darker depths of the lake.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder could hear Adain as he splashed into the water.
The weight of his sword pulled him down toward her. She clung to him her arms coiled to him her white hair swirled. Everything in her mind seemed to move slowly " Adain "
She realized he did not have a spell to breath under the water.

She opened her eyes and was looking into his, she had a spell to breath underwater so she held her mouth to his breathing into his as she shared what breath she could with him.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka, Neriah, Sanisa, and Aurora all noticed first Zarae splashing into the water under the ice, whom was followed by Cinder, and then Adian.

"I don't think now is a time to hesitate, my son," came Sanisa's concerned voice from behind Veraka.

The aasimar quickly looked to his fey'ri wife, and gave her a concerned look.

"I have the proper spells ready; now [b:kh1ufitv]go[/b:kh1ufitv]!" Neriah shouted at her husband and the winter wolf.

Aurora dived in head first, holding her breath against the splash, followed closely by Veraka, Neriah, and finally Sanisa.

Neriah first cast [i:kh1ufitv]Protection from Energy, Cold[/i:kh1ufitv] upon herself, followed by [i:kh1ufitv]Water Breathing[/i:kh1ufitv]. Veraka shivered off the freezing water, as he put arms out and kicked out, propelling himself up, despite his size. (([[i:kh1ufitv]Endurance[/i:kh1ufitv] and Swimming skill=24))

Aurora followed suit, though her buoyancy was quite lighter than Veraka's. Sansia merely floated in place, her arms and legs keeping her aloft in the dark, for she already had [i:kh1ufitv]Water Breathing[/i:kh1ufitv] upon herself. Soon, Neriah had [i:kh1ufitv]Protection from Energy, Cold[/i:kh1ufitv] cast on Aurora, followed by [i:kh1ufitv]Water Breathing[/i:kh1ufitv] as well on the wolf.

Veraka began to feel his breath wean down; his vision clouding slightly as he slowed his swimming; however, all of that burst when Neriah gently put her hands on his head and locked lips with him and breathing in life-giving air into the aasimar's lungs. His wife breathed in one more gulp of air before letting Veraka go. She then cast [i:kh1ufitv]Water Breathing[/i:kh1ufitv] upon him as well, and then they all followed Zarae down to the bottom, not knowing what to expect.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the water breathing spell working well and not feeling the ice water, she looked around the cavern she was in. she had a good few moments ahead of the others, their footsteps carrying very good thru the water above. she oriented her self and swam further down the long tunnel, the splash of the others above showing they entered; she hoped they remembered their breathing and cold protection. ((and if you didnt, you [b:3del64wy]will [/b:3del64wy]have to play out the consequences please.) it needs to be realistic in that way. so no just suddenly having had it done and not said you did)) [/size:3del64wy]the tunnel jerked at an L angle heading deeper and deeper into the midst of the lake .had someone had to hold their breath, it would challenge even the best stanima (keep that in mind)[/size:3del64wy]. many other tunnels broke off from the one she was in, and any of them possible leads. and it was possible her companions believed she was in any of them. but she continued on almost trance like. the tunnel narrowed into a tight squeeze which the lean drowess fit thru with no problems. the cave was large and round. the sandy/rocky bottem was littered with skeletons. looking up she noticed a difference in the water.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinders link to Zerae was still intacked enough to sense her direction
She swam with Adaid knowing he would need her assistance with breathing, His sword seemed to hold him back some what, it was very heavy.
She closed her eyes and sommon the magical lights, they swirld around her and Adain one turning into the large 7 foot fish that helped them in the caves. The two lights managed to latch them onto the stergian as it swam pulling them along. Cinder contiued to share her air with Adain at intervals as they were pulled down the tunnels toward Zeara.
She kept her arm around one of his shoulders as he secured his sword with the other.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((b/c cinder interacted w/ adian specifically, we have to allow him to respond for his character. and i know V is so busy with all his RP's or i would say we would also have to wait for him))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian stared around under to water, exchanging breath with Cinder every once in awhile. Thanks to the potion he could breathe and resist the cold, but he didn't know for how long. It took him several moments to see Zarae's warm signature disappearing into a black cave entrance.

He nodded to Cinder in that direction and began to half-swim, half-walk towards Zarae's location.

[i:7qyzs6it]Stay in contact with her,[/i:7qyzs6it] he silently told Cinder. [i:7qyzs6it]Help me find my way to her. [/i:7qyzs6it]

He did notice that as alien as the bottom of the lake was, there was a great beauty to it. He might have liked to admire the view, but as previously stated, he wasn't sure how long he had.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarae went over to the skeletons, a when something bumped her leg. the heat signature somehow masked or something protected it. all she knew is it was something playing with prey. her bags, sealed againt water, if she didnt open them, held things of use. so all she had was the blades.
again it managed to rub against her, and she moved her foot, the chomp vibrations felt. it was trying to eat her...and it was in this frigid waters?
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Verka, Neriah, Aurora, and Sanisa continued to sink, until they all had Zarae in all of their sights. It was Sanisa who saw something wasn't right around the drowess.

[i:dnyd66x9]Zarae, look out![/i:dnyd66x9] the solar woman called out through her mind to Zarae, as she let loosed a [i:dnyd66x9]Destruction[/i:dnyd66x9] spell upon her stalking predator. Veraka turned to his mother to look at her with a strange look, but Neriah saw the results of the celestial's spell.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the predator opened its massive jaws to chomp down on the young drowess but as jagged teeth was coming down it was dead and floating upword.
she mouthed a thanks while she let the others catch up. they had to be close. so close!. Zarae indicated upwards for them to swim then began swimming herself that direction.

10 feet above her she noticed open areas in the rock holding many 'jail cells', a corpse in each one. a door like enterance was further up, the archway carved out of the stone with runes in an unknown language.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~