Shores of Dispair (part 6)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" I am fine thank you Zarae I am glade to see you are alright as well. " she said warmly.
" There is something down there in the distance shining, I suppose it could be eyes as much as anything. Do you think we should bring Moonlight and the others with us intio the cave? she asked. " From here it looks like they could follow us in. i hate to leave them out there alone. Meldrinus might be of use if we get into a battle, and his antlers can be very dangerous. I think we will need all the weapons we can bring." she suggested.
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

[i:1m669vju]The old dragon had made his promise to look after Adian, though that was a freebie, Veraka too though, and though a few more hours of rest, after a satisfying meal, would be nice, he too had kept his senses extended far from where he lay, focused on the Drow Paladin. Sensing the mild duress, annoyed him, but this was worse for the source than the Paladin he privately thinks worthy of being his brother, no small compliment. With a shade present in their location, serving as a guiding beacon, he delved deep into his natural powers, and shifted into the Plane of Shadow, using the point of exit for the Shadow Spider, into the Prime Material, to tell him where he would most likely find them. Well within, among the darkness of the embattled cave, the Drow Agmasek, coming from a shadowy portal, though seeming to appear out of the very shadows themselves, stepped forward, mindful of restraining the radius from reaching those others, the disguised dragon called out his Frightening Presence aura, a potent ability of mature dragons, that rare few creatures could resist. Rust monsters, not among those few, and the gravely injured beast, in his presence would suddenly know a deep dreadful fear of that mysterious Dark Elf with a name uncommon to the race, and an urgent need, stronger than hunger, to get away from him as far and quickly as possible. To add to the fear it holds for him, he reinforces with, "How many of you pests must I chase out of here?!"

Sure, Adian could probably guess what terrified the creature so, but since he was inclined to let the dragon decide when to let on, he thought he might see how long it might take for someone to figure him out, and expose him. It would be amusing at least.

Just because the Rust Monster, is however making a bee-line to get away from him, or trying to, may not mean that he has driven it yet, out of attack range, though it would likely be in no state of mind to even try defending itself. He glances up to Adian, to inquire,[/i:1m669vju] "Trying to play hero in a suit of rust, are we? I hope seeing me again isn't starting a trend of being ill-prepared for possible conflict, such as facing down an annoyed dragon without your sword." [i:1m669vju]A reference to something long ago between them, but he keeps his voice such as to make it sound more an example out of the blue.[/i:1m669vju]
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder wanted to retreve what ever arrows she could that may have fallen off the creature. She found some of Adains and brought them to him. She embraced him affectionately. " nice to see you in one piece " she said. " What a strange creature. " she turned in the dicection of his friends voise.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian smiled at the "drow" as he gave Cinder a one-armed hug. They [i:km0nar60]were[/i:km0nar60] in more or less hostile territory after all, so he had to keep at least one arm free.

"And this time there is no dwarven guard captain to save it," he said with his tongue firmply planted in his cheek...metaphorically speaking. "Cinder, this is Agmasek. A friend from an Undercity I visited some time ago during my training. I was presented with quite a challenge. that day. Agmasek here helped me out."
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" Didn't I meet him at Verakes wedding? " she asked. " People are popping up out of know were, it is hard to keep track. I am glade to meet you non the lease Agmasek, well come. " Cinder greeted the drow. " I am sure we can use all the help we can get, who knows what is ahead. I am going to clean my arrows let me take yours as well, you can visit your friend. "
Cinder took Adains and her arrows and when out side to clean them with the snow. After taking her bag from Meldrinus she sat on a dead tree that had fallen and took out a cloth to clean them and opened her mind to the forest. What ever was moving around out there had settled down, but there was still something disturbing in the distance Meldinus was restless and could definatly sence something.
Cinder went over to calm him with affectionate strokes to his white coat. " You feel them too don't you " she said. leading him back to were she was cleaning her and Adains weapons, she sat back down and continued her task. probing the distance with her mind.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((well, i doubt the mounts would fit in the cave...))

Zarae focused on the cave enterance, the small hole that even she would need to duck to enter. she searched it for anything suspecious and unusual. then she headed over to the group sheathing a dagger and pulling off one of the pendents from the mithril chain around her neck. her closed her hand around it and held it securly in her fingers.
"prepare yourselfs. and lets go in and see where these rocks we need are. then we can head to the water and freeze our buts off getting down there to that thing."
activating her house emblem, she put a magical shield around herself and then made her eyes see the magic around her (true seeing). standing at the enterance again she called (not loud) over her shoulder to the group, "coming?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Right behind you," Adian said. "Come on, Cinder. We've got work to do."

The passage extended downwards at a steady angle into the earth. There was no noise at the moment...only their own breathing.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder slide her now clean daggers into her boots and and gripped her small axe in her hand and went into Adain bringing him him arrows. " There is a torch on the wall over there Adain should take that with us, I have some flint in my bag here . "
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarae heard the question, "not unless they (non-drow) absolutely cant see. it would be better to inspect it first then 'turn on the light'."
upon that the rogue slipped in, ducking some to enter the small entrance (if ur taller than Zarae then u will need to duck).
stepping in, it was about three feet before the temporary ceiling flew up and away to a large cavern room. the walls were smooth and the whole place dome shaped. it was sparsly furnished, yet the floor was covered with a large carpet rug of crude suposed gemometric designs.
Zarae paused looking for traps. the whole place oozed of necromatic and evil. she signed to those behind her that no traps were seen and to come on, but to be careful.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Nine...Hells," Adian swore. The remnants of old evil stank in this place, at least to his senses. What was worse...there was a hint of something newer, more recent.

"What kind of place is this?" he said, keeping his voice down in case of guardians.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

(oh for got we can see)
Cinder held her scarf over her nose as they desended into the darkness. `I think there are some eyes down here these gliters i saw earlier are moving a bit.` she moved closed to Adain. `maybe they are bats or something.` she pulled her hode over her head to cover her hair . `i supose they could be spiders or some other crawling creature. can you see them Adain.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

He shook his head and gestured in the Silent Tongue.

[i:355m9ddk]No. If it were bats, there would be a mess all over the carpet in here. Something else is here...or it could be some sort of relfection. Zarae, stay close to the wall on the left, Cinder, the wall on the right. Traps usually go for the center of an area. And be careful...obey your instincts.[/i:355m9ddk]

He remained where he was...this part of the task was their area of expertise, not his. Instead he made a silent prayer to the Dark Maiden and included both Zarae and Cinder in the blessing. Every little bit might make the difference.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka, along with Neriah and Aurora, followed Zarae into the cav, all three going down, Veraka especially given his physique. Three different sets of eyes glowed through the creeping darkness, each one distinguishing the owner.

"Something stinks of the evil here," Veraka whispered nonchalantly, his radiant silver orbs piercing through the darkness. The fiery red eyes that floated next to his narrowed and shot him a glare that spoke of silence.
"Learn to keep your 'holy' comments to yourself," Neriah hissed silently as she and Aurora crept alongside the aasimar.

[i:110crx4l]Cinder; do you detect anything abnormal here, from a natural perspective?[/i:110crx4l] Aurora asked the druidess through her mental link.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((feel free to take over the rocks/crystals and lab stuff as needed))

the rogue studied the fasicnating yet repulsive cave. continuing to search for traps, the wasnt any to be found. Zarae finally tested it and moved twords the center, prepared to shadow jump at a moments notice. still nothing happened, so signing to Adain and the rest, she told them it was basically ok to enter.
her eye then caught the essence of a secret door opposite of the cave exit. nearing, a slight draft was detectable. and the essence of darkness hitting her as if it was a heavy net.
"[i:1t4efl37]here[/i:1t4efl37]," she signed. having one of the holy guys around might be helpful at the moment.
--

down the tunnel it was. waiting. when it would be finally seen, it would be conical in shape with an ovoid head. a set of barbed teeth and a poisonous barb on the end of their tails adding to the alien being. four arms sprouted from its body. it sensed them rather clearly. and like a patient panther it continued to waited.

[url=http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mof_g ... g:1t4efl37]monster[/url:1t4efl37]
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian approached the hidden door Zarae and pointed out and examined it.

"It looks as though I can just push it open right here," he said, feeling the wall with his hands. "Okay, stand back."

As Cinder watched Adian brace himself to open the door, the violet aura she usually saw around him became suddenly black. Her instincts told her instantly what was happening.

A few seconds from this moment, Adian was going to die.