Shores of Dispair (part 6)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian's head tilted slightly. There was not any malice in this one, but more of a shifting field. It rather reminded him of his somewhat mad friend Zazzt.

How odd...

"I am rather curious to learn how you managed to get out here, a full week from the nearest small town."
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

He more felt than saw the blade leave the vicinity of his back he allowed himself to breathe a tremendous sigh of relief. By the gods he knew how females could be crazy, especially elven, not specifically drow, even though his dark kin took the whole lot of the list. He recalled that awful time ages ago when he recklessly charged a whole bunch of drow, who had two priestesses with them. How he survived was beyond him.

Sinse he wasnt stabbed yet, he could only assume that the female behind him wasnt a manic Lolth worshiper.

"How i got here? By foot, how else. I just walked and walked until that storm hit me so i found this cave and decided to take shelter until it passed. And do not worry about the reception. I get the same kind of greeting whenever i try to come back to my home, and im their bloody commander. Honestly, i had no idea that someone was already there," he said, letting his ruby eyes gaze upon each person in the room. "Velkyn Val'Serra, at yer service, if you need it of course. I dont really have anything better to do at the moment..." he finished with a sly grin. "Unless you happen to worship Lolth..."
Vel''bol zhah veirus, shlu''ta tlu pahntus. Vel''bol zhah velkyn, shlu''ta tlu muth. Vel''bol zhah dossta... shlu''ta tlu usst.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

at the mention of the Spider Queen worship, slightest response was seen, a response of disgust and pain that showed that none there had anything to do with Lloth.
"such things should not to be taken lightly," she said bluntly, "this is Neriah and Veraka," pointing to the couple, "Aurora, Adain," indicting the wolf and other warrior, "and a few of us have left temporary."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

He gave a nod to each one, including the wolf -who had an intelligetn spark in his eyes- as the drowess introduced them.

"Heh, i take it rather seriously. Due to my...business-like assosiation with Corellon i will be... forced to kill you had you been Lolth worshipers." he explained at length, "Its a long story but i'm one of his 'dark crusaders'," he emphasized the last words by air quoting with his fingers, "and he has the best holy day, [i:37sfepc8]ever[/i:37sfepc8]. What other deity considers slaying orcs a holy day?" he finished with a chuckle.

"Well, since i'm not going to get myself killed at the moment, and if you dont mind me asking, what were you doing here? It doesnt seem common for travelers to enter a cave and apparently blow up it's inhabitants."
Vel''bol zhah veirus, shlu''ta tlu pahntus. Vel''bol zhah velkyn, shlu''ta tlu muth. Vel''bol zhah dossta... shlu''ta tlu usst.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian lifted an eyebrow.

"This place has been connected with a series of disappearances at Teardrop lake," Adian said. "And that...thing..." Adian tilted his head back to the remains of the monster. "...attacked us when we arrived."
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

Velkyn looked back at the remains. It certainly looked like...well, a thing. Nothing much discernable remained.

"Ah, i dont know much about what that thing is, since i cant recognise these remains, but it will seem logical that this...thing protected its lair. Unless you think it had something to do with the disappearances." he said, "Where is that Teardrop Lake? I havent heard of it, nor of the dissapearances?" he asked.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"then you havent been south of here. Bitterleaf has been sending folks to investigate for a while, yet their people keep vanishing."
the rogue looked to the male scrutinzing him suddenly. how could he not of had some supecion or idea if he'd came from the south. and there wasnt nothing north Darkwood forest. she kept thoughts silent for the moment.
getting back to the mission, she turned her attention to the crystals and gathers some of the smaller ones into a pack she's gotten from the shop.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Sanisa didn't need to know that Velkyn knew what she was in order to guess it. But still, she wasn't completely clueless as to who he was to begin with. Being a solar of the heavens did have its benefits.

"I think you will find most of companions here serve the Dark Maiden. I myself am in the command of Torm himself, whilst my son, who you obviously have a curiosity about, is in the service of the great platinum dragon, Bahamut, just as my now-new daughter-in-law, Neriah, is a member of Mystra's ranks, as well as a member of the Dark Dancers. As with Aurora, she is a servant to Selune."
As she said this, Sanisa waved to each of the companions; Adian and Zarae first, then herself, then Veraka and his wife, Neriah, and finally, the great winter wolf, Aurora.

Sanisa finished this as Zarae let her introductions begin.

Veraka and Neriah both returned the nod towards Velkyn, as did Aurora, when Zarae introduced her to the new drow. ((Note: Vel, Aurora's a female winter wolf, lol))

When Vel finished his little speech on being a 'dark crusader' of Corellon, it was Veraka who spoke up.
"I think you will find that attitude of 'holy days' among more the a few deities, as the Platinum Dragon himself approves of the destruction and removal of any evil dragons, and those whom would do unjust actions upon Toril's surface."

At his last question, Veraka again spoke up; "I have to concur with Zarae on this; I myself have not been within this region before, and yet I stumbled upon this area by chance. That is, of course, due in part, to someone close going missing for a while. Aurora was gone for a longer-than-usual amount of time so I decided to come out looking for her. Only when I joined up with this group was I made aware of the problems arising from this Teardrop lake. Either that, or you've not swung by Bitterleaf prior to meeting us here."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

Hearing the large man tell his explenation he nodded is he listened. One word struck a cord within his mind: She. He took a glance at the large winter wolf, realising that it was female, feeling rather embarrased he sent her an apologising look. Having picked up something from rangers during his years in the White Spine mountains in his homeland, he felt he insulted himself, and the wolf, that he didnt recognise her gender.

"That is true," he replied to Veraka, "while im not really worshiping Corellon, i do his bidings in regards of slaying my more evil kin. In return i recieve his blessings, like my eyes for example. While they will never be used to the light like the eyes of the rest of the surface dwellers, the sun is not as painful as it was years ago." he explained, remembering how elated he was when he recieved that blessing years ago.

"You are also correct on your second guess.Beyond my homeland my experience with other surface dwellers is...strained at best and mostly i end up being chased out of the village or town i visit by a mob with torches and pitchforks. Because of that i prefer staying away from towns..." he released a lamenting sigh, "I can get more than enough food to sustain myself in the nature. I have not visited Bitterleaf and so i couldnt know they had any problems, else i wouldve offered some help."

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

calling over from her position, "i find it odd that you would work for him," she shrugged as the last of the smaller ones, enough for everyone to have two, went into the pack, "but I am not the most 'religious' so i guess i cant say much."
she walked back over and showed the pouch to the group, "think these will work?" she looked back at them in contemplation.
"what we got to start working on is how not to freeze getting into that lake. I doubt theres those animals that live in the icey waters...um, whales? tho turning into one temperary might be helpful."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

"Oh, its a story in itself, and quite a long one. While it does seem odd for a drow to work for Corellon, i dont really...worship him. It feels awkward and the stares i get from other elves are even more awkward. Let's just say that i had a deep grudge against my kin, Corellon just... forged it into something greater, hence the whole 'dark crusader' thing. Makes me feel that i actually do some good in this troublesome world." Vel explained, picking a canteen from his bag and taking a sip. He took note of the small crystals Zarae had.

"May i ask the purpose of these crystals?" he asked.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Unknown, at the moment," Adian said. "But hopefully we can figure out what it was using them for. Then we need to deal with whatever else might tell us its connection to the force in the lake and how to deal with it."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

closed the bag up and put it into her pouch (of holding).
"how bad was the storm?" she asked while walking around the room still searching and inspecting it.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

"Annoying enough, snow pelting my face, white everywhere..." he replied, looking at the directino of the cave's exit. "Visibility was awful, barely could see where i was going and I had no clue where was north and where was south. I stumbled upon this cave by sheer coincidence i think. Hopefully, the storm has weakened by now."

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"do we wanna rest and wait the storm out or move on twords the lake? or keep searching this place?"
they were in the main lab, at least she reasoned they were. so what else would a giant teethed tube need? would there be many other rooms?
"how much further in the other tunnels did yall get?" she asked.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~