Shores of Dispair (part 6)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

OOC: Okay, fixed it up a bit, hpefully its much better now :P)

Finally reaching the entrance of the cave he brushed the snow from his shoulders and head and walked deeper into his newfound shelter, wondering if itw as just a cave or maybe an entrance to the underdark, which will provide him with relative warmth until the storm will pass.

moving further into the cave to escape from the cold, ducking under the low ceiling he entered into a large round room. A distant sound cam to his sensitive ears and he stopped. It sounded almost like...whispering, but it was gone now. Deciding to investigate, just in case, he moved further into the cave, his hands on the hilts of his daggers.
Last edited by Delvaro on Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vel''bol zhah veirus, shlu''ta tlu pahntus. Vel''bol zhah velkyn, shlu''ta tlu muth. Vel''bol zhah dossta... shlu''ta tlu usst.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((sorry to not discribe the cave, didnt think bout it....go figure me to forget something like that
but it u just entered, u ducked for 5 ft then are in a large rounded room. the group will be down further, and at the moment above.))

Zarae held a hand up, to quiet the group. her raections indicated someone or something else showed up. and not sure if it was friendly or not, she vanished in plain sight ((invisible))and began making her way down the stairs, carefully since she was still weak from the shades attack, and thru the tunnel picking the one back to the enterance.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

OOC: Hmmm, fixed it up a bit, hopefully thats fine now :P

IC: Vel crept through the winding tunnels, making not a whisper of a sound but all the while he had the awful feeling that he was watched. As he moved on he saw that this was no ordinary cave, something akin to a large cave-turned-base. He frowned at the pieces of flesh that littered the area, but did his best at ignoring it. He saw balcony, even a pair of stairs and a large hall! Now genuinly curious he moved on, eventualy reaching something that looked like...a lab. Unfortunately, there was still no sign of the owner of this place, or the one who caused the carnage that was littered around.

Entering, he saw a door. Tightening his grip on his weapons he slowly moved to the door, getting a feeling that something was behind it.
Last edited by Delvaro on Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vel''bol zhah veirus, shlu''ta tlu pahntus. Vel''bol zhah velkyn, shlu''ta tlu muth. Vel''bol zhah dossta... shlu''ta tlu usst.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((the room is the lab u entered, has pieces of exploded flesh everywhere. you went down a hall, to a room with a blacony and stairs. down a hall and entered the lab. and the group is in a storage room.))

the unseen rogue had spotted his heat signature as he passed by her twords the others. she decided to spy him from these shadows, but drew her blade should he prove hostile. her sneak attacks were devastating after all. she followed a distance behind as the experience scout she was. remembering Cinder had left she didnt know if the message link work the distance but tried it anyway, telling her to tell the others to be ready for company.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looked to Adian, and chuckled; "Adian, despite what you may think, you've no idea what you did for me," the aasimar said this even as he stepped behind Neriah and wrapped his hands around her; "regardless of what you say, I'll never forget this."

Sanisa found herself smiling at the young drow's reaction; "Adian Novar, take it from me; you won't be getting rid of my son's oath to you. When he swears something like that, he doesn't forget easily, and never will."

Neriah, however, was more focused on her surroundings at that moment, given the fact that what had just had happened to her was no slight thing. When Zarae raised her hand and disappeared, she tensed.

Veraka, not ready to see anything happen to his new family and his good friends, felt his wife tense up like a brick, and slowly drew Marala Vharc, keeping sure to put himself between whatever it was and Neriah, but keeping her fey'ri form close to him as well.

Aurora, no light-weight in the realm of smell, sniffed outward, trying to detect whatever it was that was intruding on them here in the cave. The great winter wolf pawed silently along the ground, and put herself near Zarae, as if to make herself a target, giving the rogue a clear shot on the intruder should it come down to that.,
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" Know problem Zarae " Cinder answered.
" Oh... excuse me Adain.... Zarae says get ready for company "
Cinder said picking up her book and continuing her studies
wile keeping her sences sharply tuned in to Adain and Zarae.
Last edited by CinderSuru on Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

[i:1jmypxut]We've detected them,[/i:1jmypxut] Adian assured her.

He set himself up against the wall next to the entrance, his sword ready for when the stranger made his way through the door. He had no intention of striking, but the intruder would very quickly find a blade close to his throat when he arrived.
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

Taking a deep breath, certain that he heard something behind that door, he placed his hand on the doorknob and opened the door and to his surprise sees a large armed group waiting for him there, several of them being drow.

He tensed, remembering his usual encounters with the drow and hope that it wont end the same way.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian's blade seemed to simply appear within his vision.

[i:5n03zyh2]"Mumbao nau,"[/i:5n03zyh2] Adian warned. "Do not move."

For all they knew this newcomer was an ally of the monster they had destroyed, or a rival.

Adian opened his Sight again (detect evil) to evaluate the stranger, his eyes narrowed as he watched for sudden hostility.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the still invisible rogue, was now behind him, blade not touching but at his back and waited for his response to the males in front. she wondered if he had been working with the...spell flinging giant tube thing. he didnt seam hostile at the moment. more...uneasy. of course she would be too if a near 7 ft armored man and a drow was was there with a demonfay.
she then leaned twords him and whispered, "if we wanted you dead, you would be already i can assure you. so i suggest you state your business if you dont wanna go sleeping with the fishes." (the lake aint too far)[/size:2vw20woc]
if he did move to attack, he'd get nicked on her poison coated blade and become unable to move.

((Rathrae Dos poison. http://fantasyrole.org/group_page.asp?id=169&gid=1502 ))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

Vel froze as soon as he heard the whisper and not dared moving at all. From the proximity of the voice he could discern she was right behind him, and considering he possibly dealt with a drow here, more than possible due to the fact he handt even sensed her presence, it was highly possible that he had a dagger's tip at his back.

Nontheless, his grip on his hilts tightened even more, if it was possible. The probability of the dagger being poisoned was absurdily high and even so, if it came down to it he will die fighting, taking a couple of them with them, though he doubted about that big guy. He didnt turn his head to face here, worrying that she might stab him for doing so, he quickly thought up an answer, preferably one that might desolve all this tension, and not get him stabbed.

"I hope its not the way you greet your every visitor," he said while his eyes darted between every occupant of the room. "If you dont have vacant rooms you could've just said so, instead of holding a dagger to my back. There's a pretty rough storm outside..."

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

[quote:3ksvz0e6]"I hope its not the way you greet your every visitor," [/quote:3ksvz0e6]
the rogue stepped back and reappeared into sight, slightly pulling the her blade from him, yet maintaining her readiness.
"only those sneaking around after that big nasty's been blown up," indicating the pieces over the lab. she moved to the side of them, a tall and lean drowess of unusual hair (red streaked silver) and eyes that were shifting to a violet hue.
"so we ask, who do you work for?"

((oh, whats your alignment, since both pali's can see it?))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka waited till their newest intruder/acquaintance stepped through the door, before he brought Marala Vharc up and through the doorway, but let Adian and Zarae, along with Aurora, corner him.

Neriah looked over her husbands shoulder to catch a glance of the group's newest arrival; "you should let him know that we don't take kindly to surprises, especially ones of the [b:2jiop9s1]non-friendly[/b:2jiop9s1] type."

[color=blue:2jiop9s1]"If you dont have vacant rooms you could've just said so, instead of holding a dagger to my back. There's a pretty rough storm outside..."[/color:2jiop9s1]

"Storms; I happen to be quite skilled at those, friend," Veraka chuckled, lighting crackling up and down the edges of Marala Vharc.

"Enough, all of you," spoke the commanding, and strong voice of Sanisa, as she walked up to the group from behind Veraka, her wings glowing, as were her eyes. The solar woman looked down upon their newest arrival, her golden, celestial eyes glowing as she looked over the drow.

"Well, young traveler, whatever fears you think that these friends possess towards you, know that those fears are well-founded; now, who are you and how did you stumble across this place?"
If the celestial solar was anything right now, it was that she was not in the mood for excuses or lies.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

OOC: Chaotic Neutral my friend, im a CN :) Extremely chatoic :P

"Big nasties blowing up?" Vel murmured, remembering that rather disgusting sight. "Well, i summarised that it just might be some strange sense of decoration. Trust me, i've seen worse, like a cave where the decorations were dead bodies hanging from the ceiling with missing limbs...but im getting off trak here," he finished, feeling rather at ease since he was still alive, without bleeding wounds so far.

The big guy was rather intimidating, which was a surprise to him since he had several quite large companions in his time. And that sparking sword didnt help at [i:2txb0z4f]all[/i:2txb0z4f]. This was a surprisingly odd group. He saw a celestial (no doubt about that, considering the wings) and he suspected the big guy to be more than a human.

"As to who I work for? I worked for many things, ranging from nobility, a king, the interests of Raven Hills stronghold and even Corellon's interests at one point." he explained, finishing with a lamenting sigh. "Fun times these were. Right now though i work for myself, you know, having fun and all. Been walking around this forest when that bloody storm hit me and so i found this cave before i was buried by several feet of snow, which i dont find that amusing."

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((he's not afraid of the drow female??? :'( i must not be doing my job...lol))

the rogue lowered her blade and instead twirled it in her fingers. a drow to mention the name of the [i:14w2qqs3]one [/i:14w2qqs3]responsible for their condition (the curse into drow) was probably nuts and not likely a Llothite.
"you pick bad timing to just randomly find this cave. I know my kin well. so you can see why such procedures are taken," Zarae replied seriously, then half smiled. she wasnt serious often, but for all he knew, she was up to something.

((cant be as insane as a few of the drowess on here...not mentioning names tho... :D ))
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~