Shores of Dispair (part 6)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder could feel what Adain was feeling about the night before it was quite clear in her mind as well and made her fell both uphoria and fear. She had never been with a man before it felt as thow part of her was fusing with something deep inside him.
" I will race you " she said " do you think that old plug can keep up with Meldrinus. ' She dared him laughing.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

He looked down at Raven, then back up at her, one eyebrow raised. His horse was partly magical thanks to the priest, specifically adapted to the weather up here. [i:1x8lauep]Old plug?[/i:1x8lauep] The animal was only about two or three years old!

Even the horse looked offended. Raven snorted at the challenge.

"Easy," Adian said, patting her muscular neck. "She's not serious about calling you an old plug. Humor. That's all."

Raven quieted but gave Cinder a challenging glare.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder moved close to Raven and gave him a friendly pat, and a wink then gave Mendrinus a signal to speed up. Her long thick hair flew behind her as she sped up leaping fallen old trees effortless instead of going around them, elk were avid jumpers and both Cinder and Mendrinus were enjoying a good run after the long rest.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Unbelievable," Adian muttered.

Still, the challenge was hard to resist. A horse challenging an [i:dpfgt3m8]elk[/i:dpfgt3m8]. He sighed.

Adian snapped the reins and Raven charged forward. The spirited horse took off after the challenger. Cinder might share a bond with her mount, but Adian was a trained rider. The horse leaped the same logs and bushes with equal enthusiasm. Raven was going to show this upstart what a real runner could do.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

(( Elk..hmmff he is a Caribou Adain a cousin of the elk i guess but more of a northren winter animal much more beautiful ..closer to a raindeer but much larger ))

Adain was gaining on her fast, Meldrinus's magical speed was only ment to be useful in battle otherwise he was quite ordinary but still a swift creature.
Suddenly a flash of blue light blazed accross the trail just ahead of them. Cinder quickly reared in Meldrinus who was also spooked by the sudden flash he readed up on his hind legs and Cinder fell in the snow. " Did you see that Adain that blue flash of light?
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian pulled up quickly, looking around.

"I saw it," he said, looking for signs of an ambush. "The flash, anyway. No idea what it was."

He closed his eyes and opened his senses again, seeking malicious intent. Not that it would do him any good if it were some sort of trap or spell, but if it was an entity, knowing its alignment would be a good thing.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder calmed Menlrinus and leapped back on his back. " I can try and trace it, it was quite stong " she said turning to Adain and she sent her sences out swiftly trailing the direction it came from.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((well, sorta waiting on the other scouter....
but a heads up, paper due and major test this coming week, so be slow. but if no repsonse this next weekend by zazzt then i'll continue on. oh, yall might have to give me a brief of the deal with the first cave if its connected to coming one.))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" All I can say for sure is that it came from the cave " Cinder said.
" Maybe we should try catch up to Zarae. I will let her know what we saw and that it came from the cave. I think maybe we better keep our wites about us " Cinder said to Adain and indicating to Meldrinus that they were about to continue toward the cave.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Agreed," he answered. "Let's hurry. Something feels...wrong."

He reached down to give Cinder a hand up, but his attention was on the surrounding forest. Was it a trap? A signal? Or had it been some sort of scrying effect?
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder followed Adains pace, as they rode she kept her focus on the sorce of the blue light. Suddenly in a distance ahead of them there was another stream of the blue light much like the other that flashed before them moments ago. " I am not sure that they are directed at us, there is something else out there Adain, in the direction they are are moving toward, and it is very far away. " I think it would be safe to say it is aimed at something of Orc origins Adain, well something Orkish anyway " Cinder said giving him a puzzled look.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

(this real quick.)

the rogue slid off Moonlight's back. she knew trouble around. and his black coat severaly contrasted the snow. telling the mount to stay, she sent a message to zazzt, 'some alien being[i:24z6uazw]s[/i:24z6uazw], be aware.'
then she vanished from sight and moved twords the cave enterance. the presence growing stronger.

she heard the sounds of mutiple feet, like a scorpion inside. it was weaker, and likely a guard or first line of secruity. but it smelt her, or more what she had...metal.
it was the size of a small pony, with four insectlike legs and a squat, humped body. Its hide was clearly thick and lumpy with yellowish tan on the belly and rust-red on the back. Its tail ended in what looked like a double ended paddle. Two long antenne came out of it's head, one under each eye.

((this guy: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/rustMonster.htm ))

((hmmm what main monster should we use? maybe some abherration? ))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian frowned. That was [i:3c8fbb4l]not[/i:3c8fbb4l] good news.

"Maybe a tribe has claimed this area we're entering," he said. "We need to catch up with the others right now. They could be walking right into something."

He snapped the reins again and rode ahead even faster than before.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder kept her mind open and alert Orcs are usally something her mind were quite sensitive too, Meldrinus was twiching his ears clearly alerted, he leaped into full speed keeping up to Adain.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

(An Alboleth maybe? I might have misspelled that.)

They were coming up on the site fast, but didn't see them yet.

"Come on, come on...you guys haven't gotten that far ahead of us have you?"