Shores of Dispair (part 6)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((cinder must be moody, or bipolar...lol and im joking...sorta ;))

Zarae spun as the 'elf' drew near, a dagger in hand and ready. but zazzt seam to think he was no threat. she kept it on hand, but moved to a less threatening stance waiting for an explanation also.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Only now did Adian snap put of it and realize they were not alone, staring at the strange creature. Calming Raven with a few calming strokes on her neck, he rode forward.

The creature, though frightening in appearance and strongly resembling a bat, did not feel malicious or dangerous.

"Steady," he said, trying to shove his spat with Cinder to the back of his mind. "Who, may I ask, are you?"
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" I can hear you quite clearly " she said in her thoughts to him.
Cinder had a duty to the groups as well she knew, she had said she would comunicate with Zarae for Adain. She had to go back allthough she felt like jioning Zarae. She realized that he did not take it lightly " Adain wait " she called out. " I guess i could have over reacted, possiblely " She rode up beside him. " Yes you have expessed your trust in me. But trust is not a matter to jest with, not with me. " She wondered why he was making it so difficult to remain angery. " Pehaps now is not the time and why is it that i feel like i am the one to appologize to you."
Suddenly Adain stopped and was claiming Raven staring at some strange creature. She reared in Meldrinus, and reached for the small axe hanging on her saddle taking it out of it's case.
Last edited by CinderSuru on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Sanisa noticed the female Dire bat crawling up to her son and his wolf companion, and spoke up; "Veraka, I do believe you and Aurora have a visitor."

Right as the solar said this, Aurora sniffed the air, and spun around, knowing the scent, only to meet the eyes of the Dire bat. She initially thought it was Tristian, whom she and Veraka had met in the Underdark. Upon closer inspection she found that she was mistaken; it was the female bat that Tristian had been with.

[i:1fz987bu]Little brother; your mother is right. A familiar face, or at least one that I recognize,[/i:1fz987bu] the winter wolf said telepathically to the aasimar.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

And Adian was once more reminded that his thoughts were not entirely private.

[i:3ew4v8dm]I apologize as well. We can just start the morning over again. At the moment...unless I am mistaken that is a were-bat. Mother Veladorn described them, but I had a hard time imagining them. Not anymore, though.[/i:3ew4v8dm]
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Some day i will explain how you can block me if you wish, i know you would probly rather i was not able to hear your every thought or emotion, someday any way it is rather convenient " Cinder said giggling. " I do not allways read right, well allmost any way. " She teased.
" Are they harmless then? you don't seem to concerned "
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Oh, they can be very dangerous," he said. "But if she meant us harm she'd have struck by now."
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder reached over and took Adains hand " I should not have spoke to you the way I did " she said softly. looking into his eyes. " I have some kind of sight that i don't understand I am a bit touchy about it. "
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

(*whistles nonchalantly as i wait for zazzt ir tristin's characters)

the cave that was less than 2 miles from the small scouting group was barely noticeable with the pile of snow and the surrounding rocks blending well into its environment. the hole wasnt very large either and a large girth person would have some trouble squeezing in.
when someone made it, they would notice the odd smooth stones of an obsidain like material. any form of light reflected back a dull sheen.

((i wasnt back for the other cave, what was the deal with the colored stones, journal and stuff? i think i have the ones we get sorta refract the beam that kills so we can enter the lake.))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

((Oh im waiting for tristian...))

Zazzt shrugged, and nodded to Zarae, "Perhaps we should move on? I think our elven friend will have no trouble finding us again."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((well i was too, just threw ur name in there and not sure why...but if he aint responded in the next few days, then gunna move on))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((alright, moving on for now...))
"agreed, he seams to be afraid of us. but we may wanna keep an eye on him."
Zarae then took a chance and with some luck or skill, or both, disabled the ward. she then took a careful step past the tree to test it.
nothing happened to her, a good sign at least. she sent a mental message to the other group letting them know a ward was down and they shouldnt have any problems.
Moonlight came near and the rogue hopped up on his tall back and they got moving again.
"we shouldnt be much further. and the others cant be too far off, unless they took longer to leave than I would have guessed."

Moonlight picked up a slow trot, the drowess moving with his movements like an experinced rider. he slowed, the ground now more periolous than any they had been on. then without warning he just stopped.
"its ok boy. what do you sense?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian gave Cinder's hand a quick squeeze, then led the now-fully-packed-and-mounted group onwards. The cave they were after was so close he could taste it. Stage 1 almost complete...
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder followed Adain back to the group and was happy to get started toward the second cave. She road beside Adain " I can hear Zerae, she said something about a ward being down and we should not have a problem getting through."
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Hopefully that mans that she was the one who bought it down," Adian commented, trying to refocus his mind on the task at hand. It wasn't easy: The previous night was fresh in his mind and it took an effort of will to concentrate. "Let's pick up the pace a bit, shall we?"