Shores of Dispair (part 6)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

[i:1pmbj558]Goddess have mercy...[/i:1pmbj558]

Adian stared in horror at the drowned victims. Drowning was one of the more terrible forms of death, and these people...Adian hoped they were dead before they had been bought here.

A tiny mercy, perhaps...

He couldn't swim upwards. His armor and weaponry still pulled him downward. He would have to climb. He would have sighed but he was breathing water at the moment. With Cinder in one arm, he started to climb to follow after Zarae.

He had to avert his eyes to avoid looking at the victims in their cages.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

swimming closer she noticed it was sealed. it was the only passage inside the room. so either their way to the sourse of Bitterleaf's problems was elsewhere, or there was a trick to getting past the wall. and she reasoned it was something with the runes on the door way. but there was the whole stone that allowed them into the lake without being, 'vaporized'.
Zarae decided to let the others catch up.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian , still sharing his breath with Cinder, climbed the rock walls steadily. He glanced up once in awhile and noticed that Zarae had come to a stop. He hoped she was just waiting for the rest of them to catch up.

His hopes were dashed when he saw the runes. He stared at the in complete incomprehension. His look to Zarae was a sort of "what now"? expression.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae gave him an unsure look. maybe something Cinder discovereed? or something with the cave that she hadnt visited?
She turned back to study the runes. maybe contingency runes? she sighed, 'hand me one of the enterance stones. I'm gunna try something.'

((giving the others a chance to reply))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Sanisa noticed Zarae's mouthed [i:3r86fsti]Thanks.[/i:3r86fsti] and replied to it with a nod of 'You're welcome.'.

She then noticed Neriah's eyes grow wide with horror and her own son narrow his own silvery hued orbs, into blazing circles of radiant vengeance, as the both they and her own eyes came across the underwater prisons and their occupants.

"Torm bless these poor souls," the solar woman prayed as Veraka went about examing the drowned prisoners.

"Veraka. . . " Neriah spoke up, wanting, hoping, that the people inside were fully dead, and not being tortured by some innate, very slow magic.

"They're dead, all of them," he said in reply, his voice holding back his now building anger.

"Leave it be, my son; you can do nothing for them now; if you wish to avenge their deaths, then save that wrath in yourself for when it is needed," Sanisa said to the mighty aasimar in a firm, but understanding voice.
The paladin merely nodded and gestured for Aurora to come over to him. With one hand grappling the massive wolf underneath her belly, he proceeded to jump up onto the wall, and with two powerful strokes of his legs, Veraka set Aurora where Zarae, and Adian were, then climbed up himself, followed by Neriah and Sanisa.

Looking to the warded door, the aasimar put in; "if you need someone to smash it down, Zarae, let me know."

"If we needed that, my thin-sighted husband, I do believe that Zarae would've already asked for you, hmmm," came Neriah's harsh voice from behind the aasimar.

Veraka merely remained silent, wanting not to get into an argument at that moment in time; though he let a low growl/grunt of resignation escape his lips.

A wave from the celestial's hand silenced them both and then her own words came; "Zarae, is there a way through; I'd very much like to see the . . . [i:3r86fsti]creature[/i:3r86fsti] responsible for this atrocity brought to justice."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian nodded and fumbled in his pouch for the stones. The water wasn't making it easy to move, but he managed and passed a handful of small stones to Zarae.

He didn't know how Veraka and his ladies were able to talk...whenever he tried to, all that came out was sound, not words, thanks to the water. Maybe that was a skill or ability he hadn't earned yet.

He waited with forced patience as Zarae worked with the gems to sort out the odd puzzle.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder was in a daze as she held on to Adain her mind was trying to focus on staying linked to Zerea. She could hear random thoughts but could not make sence of what she was thinking.
Well at least she was linked to her as Adain has asked.
" Every thing is moving so slowly in my mind " she said to Adain.fear was not something she easily gave into but it saw overpowering
she watched Verake and Aroura. she could feel Verake's anger at what he saw. The sadness over took her as she thought of the torment of the dead. she looked into Adain's eyes for a moment and gripped his shoulder..feeling faint she struggled to regain some strieghth.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"We need to get inside," Adian managed to say after a couple of tries. "The potions could wear off any time. I think it's getting to Cinder."

He was getting worried for Cinder more than himself. He could feel that she wasn't doing well and was anxious to get her someplace warmer than the bottom of the lake.