Vale of Shadows Part 6

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Vale of Shadows Part 6

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

[quote:zgze9zf8][color=brown:zgze9zf8]Legend tells of the Vale of Shadows, a lush valley hidden in the mountains that holds a sacred pool with the power to make dreams reality. The Vale is considered a myth, a story that has been passed down through the generations. Over time the stories for the most part were forgotten[/color:zgze9zf8]. [/quote:zgze9zf8]

(([b:zgze9zf8]recap[/b:zgze9zf8]- two set out, then was joined by two more, entered the city of dagger falls, sought help from the guild, but required to do a task; began it, yet was stopped from completing it by a bealnorn, thus he required a task-capture the szarki and fey'ri.
the party went after the guild, killed most all, inrii was captured and taken. others searched and found her in this mountain valley. the group continues to goes after the antaganost, joined by more on both sides. fight begins with basic stalemate till stone stops magic.
i forget anything?

ok post here ))
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka grunted as the firebelcher rammed head on into him at full-speed. Marala Vharc did it's job though, surprisingly, as the sword's razor sharp tip ripped through the skin, and tore through the thick skull of the rampaging beast. Multiplied by the firebelcher's own lethal charge and Veraka's own lunge, Marala Vharc had more than enough speed to ram through the beasts thick head, slashing into its brain and ending its life right then.

However, the beasts momentum also carried it right into Veraka, who had lunged in his attempt to kill it. The firebelcher's large horns slammed into Veraka's stomach, but not before being partially deflected by the aasimar's shield, though not by much. The paladin growled as the larger beast's momentum carried him backwards before falling to a halt.

Veraka coughed up blood onto the dead beast as he pushed himself up off of the dead creature, looking down at the hit onto his armor. His adamantine armor had held up to the charge, but at a steep cost to Veraka; blood now leaked down his and out of his armor; however the aasimar stood up and shrugged it off, a testament to his raw toughness that was built into him during his years as a barbarian. Marala Vharc was starting to feel hot through his armored glove.
Placing his boot onto the dead firebelcher, the aasimar pulled hard at his sword, yanking from the skull of the dead beast. Marala Vharc glows red lightly as it has been heated by the blood of the now-dead beast.

[quote:2e7dkthu][color=red:2e7dkthu]"We.... surrender. Champion of Bahamut, we know ourselves defeated and cornered without escape, we beg your mercy. My son and I, we will come peacefully, be your prisoners, run away if you wish, grant our spells to your cause perhaps, so long as you're not to pit us against the allies of our goddess."[/color:2e7dkthu][/quote:2e7dkthu]

The aasimar looks up to see the two redspawn on their knees, with their weapons tossed out in front of them. He does however, notice, the concern with which Naien puts forth for the other redspawn.
[i:2e7dkthu]Odd; I was always under the impression that most Reds only cared for their nests and eggs as far as paternal reactions go,[/i:2e7dkthu] he thought to himself and Aurora.

Aurora walks over to his position right as the aasimar puts forth his thought, with the emerald-scaled Zarstra still clinging onto her fur.
[i:2e7dkthu]What are you going to do with them?[/i:2e7dkthu] she asks Veraka.

[i:2e7dkthu]There's not much to do, I'm afraid; she's both surrendered [b:2e7dkthu]and[/b:2e7dkthu] begged me to stay my hand. My being a paladin demands that I do as requested, especially if she has yielded the fight.[/i:2e7dkthu]

[i:2e7dkthu]Yes, but she also attacked you first; should you not retaliate for the crimes against you?[/i:2e7dkthu] Aurora shot back, wanting to get a chance at the redspawn.

Veraka admitted part of him wanted to just kill them both outright and be done with it, but that part of him was also what he had control over.
[i:2e7dkthu]Yes, I'll give you that, part of me wishes the same; but that part of me isn't Veraka, it's the Berserker, and while I possess control over it, I will not let it get the better of me; however should the redspawn prove treacherous to her surrender, then don't think that I'll not be ready for it.[/i:2e7dkthu]

The great winter wolf grinned at his reply, knowing full well what the aasimar was capable of when his rage was in full swing.
"Servants of Tiamat, Your surrender is accepted, and I will stay my hand; you will accompany me and my companions to our destination, " he called back, keeping his weapon down, and his shield ready by his side; "however, know this; should you betray your surrender, you will bring down a vengeance from me the likes of which even your goddess has not seen."
[i:2e7dkthu]Umm, little brother; we may have a slight problem,[/i:2e7dkthu] Aurora quickly chimed in.

Veraka whirled to see Neriah in trouble as the assassin transformed into a balor, and her magic failed at that moment.
"You wish to be assistance to me and my comrades, then kill this [b:2e7dkthu]thing[/b:2e7dkthu] with me," Veraka shouted at the two Redspawn.
Last edited by veraka on Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the struggle tween the two drow females continued, both become rather bloody and driven by rage, and neither gaining the advantage.
Alya tried to flip the the thin sorceress over her shoulder but Inrii had a good grip. and as she held on, she began pulling the blade from the bards shoulder yanking as much as she could to rip and shred the flesh. the bard grunted in agony as she again rammed backwards into the stone partially crumbled pillar.
the blade slipped free of the bloody flesh and Inrii released her grip as she pulled Alya with her.
both women fell back and Inrii brung the curving blade. a dripping tip was seen sticking from the szarki's chest. her ruby eyes grew wide in surprise, her lifeblood pouring. the heat of life slowly faded, her heart slowed. despite her horror there was a genuine smile on her face.
she whispered hoarsely to Inrii where she could only hear, "I always liked you best," before she faded, her eyes cold and staring.
and within that second she was suddenly gone (preset contingency from way before. if yall dont think it would work then as soon as zek closes the coffer, then she would.)
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Neriah was going to let her fire elemental take on this newest challenge; however once her elemental vanished and she felt her magic suddenly vanish, she hissed, barely having a split second to leap out of the way of the charging demon possessed assassin.

She rolled outta the way, but not before feeling warmth run down her back; reaching back, the fey'ri felt something hot and wet; bringing her hand around, she saw her own blood dripping from her fingers. She whirled in time to see the demon coming in at her when a roar of malevolence and pure wrath emanated from behind her. Less than a second later, Veraka rammed into the demon with a force a battering ram.

The aasimar wasn't even in his own body anymore, he was watching and commanding the Berserker, which now fueled and possessed his own body. His muscles had swelled to the point of near bursting his armor as the preternatural strength and dark superhuman stamina flooded his system. Despite his injuries, the raging aasimar slashed at the demon with relentless fury, Marala Vharc curving a bloody path every which way it went. His rage had peaked, as the aasimar continued his ravaging assault against the demon, two sais arced in and plunged into the balor's chest.
Neriah lashed at the balor with her sais, ducking and dodging her way around blows, using her lithe form to her advantage as the raging Veraka continued his assault against the demon. In out came her sais, each blow a lethal one that she could make.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Zek stopped hearing the dragons talk, he knew the tongue though said nothing. Seeing one of them move in he skidded to a stop and braced himself. The black ichored blade waited as he was poised, he'd spill more dragon blood if he had too. Stone in one hand, blade in the other he was poised. Seeing the charging one yanked back he couldn't help but to sneer some." Good you kept him back, I wouldn't want to slaughter another dragon." His attention moved to the fighting females, and saw the scene with the two being close and the blood. Muttering" You know... I'd rather have brought her alive to the Baelorn. Oh well." Though it seemed he was distracted he moved his sword arm some, ready to strike almost on impulse, if someone got too close to him. This was until his attention went around him. Slowly he'd close the coffer up ready to open it once more if things went arwy. Keeping it partially open until he damn well made sure things were settled. He learned to rely on all skills, not just magic, and adapting to the situation made things all the more interesting.

(I want something to kill!)
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

Eliath only dimly registered the pain as the aasimar's blade cut into his body. The demon possesing him, on the other hand, felt the pain acutely, but only due to the powerful enchantments on the blade. Nevertheless, it was hellbent on not letting go of its prize. It raised Eliath's arms, and roaring in pain, aimed a two handed swing at the raging aasimar's head, if it connected, the barbarian would have been slammed into the ground with enough force to crack the stone, never mind his head. But it never got that far. With the revealing of the anti magic stone, the bonds that bound its soul to Eliath's were shaken a bit, and instinctively, Eliath resisted. Through force of will, he unconsciously forced the balor out of his body. The changed reverted to normal, and he collapsed, unconscious, on the ground at Veraka's feet. The dark cloud of the balor's essance swirled in the air above Eliath's form, and it new it had to find a new host, but as soon as it started to stretch a tendril towards Neriah, it realized the field that destoryed all magics, including the one that had tied it to this plane. With an almost audible shriek of rage, the demon was sent back into the Abyss.
Death is an inevitable process of this world. The lords and heroes of this realm kill just as much as I. I simply profit from death, and so they call me evil.

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

with Alya temperarily gone Inrii just leaned back on the floor. magic returned, but she still had no access to hers yet. not without a decent rest anyway. and still didnt have Alya to bring to the Belnorn. she just closed her eyes, the wounds on her arms and legs slowing in blood flow, but she had some prudy good lacerations from the metal spiders. the sorceress had been pushed beyond with everything- the fight with Raven's Claw, captivity, and now this fight. she felt she could sleep like a human.

(and for a random encounter for zek ;)
but her in the distance she heard a new noise. i sounded below them, most likely in the few tunnels thru this mountain. it was less thunderous and more like soft feet pads hitting rythmically in a large group yet chaotically. slight squeaks and squeals were also heard. the sound grew closer. the earthquake from Alya had created a few holes in the floor near the dias. and that was were the sound was most prominent. then thru that she heard the sound of boots running behind them, few in number, but definitely herding.
before the injured sorceress could say anything, hundreds of filthy dire rats burst from the floor. but these were no ordinary dire rats, there was something extra planor about them, a sense of feindish. beading fiery eyes and half starved, they were angry and hungry. and the smell of blood drove them more into a frenzy.

((rats: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/direrat.htm ))

((and u could guess which guys we made mad earlier in the RP to hunt us down. no, not the Baelnorn. for those who werent in the ealier parts, we made a few guys mad...))
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

( I lost count the number of people we had upset)

When things were settling down and the coffer was closed he paused finally and listened to the sounds coming from below. Muttering" The hells..?" Seeing the dire rats emerged he just shook his head slowly." It's always rats isn't it? Sheathing the black blade of his he'd unsheath the silver ones instead and move in to act as first line of defense. At least he had the stone just incase.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((magics back on, tho wards and such type [i:b2xh540k]spells [/i:b2xh540k]have to be recast.
hmmm, giants, farmers, guards, Bob's guys, half the town of daggerfalls, whats left of the guild, i thinks that bout covers it. tho i got a ghost and some people in Minauthkeep also angry.))

the rats sped in every direction going after fresh meat. those of good nature would find some set back. but most disconcerting was that the disease they could transmit with the slightest scratch.

Inrii scrambled back, and thankfully she was not near them, but she was covered in blood, and many turned attention to her. she struggled to get up, but managed to get on her feet while picking up her whip.
a good spell would have been nice, but no thanks to the bard, she didnt have them yet. so she pulled her whip back readying to strike.

Zarstra still clinging to Aurora, hadnt realized the threat was gone until more showed up. the lizard hurried up the wall and out of reach of the hungry rodents. she just wanted to go back to the safety of the familier pocket.

((make sure yall leave Zek some...or he might go nutty on us...or more so))
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

((Actually, any permanent spell is merely suppressed, along with magic items, when in a dead magic zone. They don't have to be recast.))

Zazzt heard the slight skittering of rats. He also noticed Zek had closed the coffer, and so, he turned around, and sweeping his arm in a semi circle in front of him, Zazzt cast a firewall spell not far from himself, sheilding him and Inrii from the horde of rats, though they were quite free to continue to plow though it if they wished. (It's a maximized firewall, hitting for about 100 points of fire damage :) I doubt the rats would like it.) Zek was just out of its range, but with that, Zazzt turned his attention back to Inrii, "Here, you look like you need this more than I." He handed her the ring back. "What a pain, you should have warned me about that stone of yours, my wards will take a long while to set back into place. A definite nuisance there." He shrugged, "As long as you are relatively well, i suggest we press on, there are some rats our ranger friend seems rather eager to kill." He pointed at the raging inferno behind him "Although I doubt any will approach him with that there."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((yeah thats what i was meaning, only those cast like inrii's. b/c a pernamant one would be a 1 time spell cast. ))

the whip came down on a few, fire cracking thru the leather rope-loke material and ending in a loud pop. the rat was burnt and soon dropped. but more replaced it.
hearing Zazzt, "what fun would it be to give it away. besides, it the only way to beat her. tho I know she wont come after us for a while."
still unsure of the ring, she took it. her injuries would be slowing her down soon, and now wasnt the time to be the weakest link.
again Firecracker popped, dropping two more at her feet. her foot kicked one across the partially destroyed building knocking it out cold.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The berserker, seeing its target now gone, and with no apparent target, was about to unleash its fury upon the nearest person, aside from Neriah, the one person that'd triggered its rage.

Upon hearing the squeaks and squeals of the dire rats, the berserking Veraka turned to regard the newest threat to himself and Neriah. In came the dire rats, hungering for the fresh flesh all around them, only to be stopped by the demoralizing roar of the berserker. Veraka then charged the stunned rodents, his eyes red with pent up rage, and Marala Vharc's wicked edge thirsting for blood.
The rats may have been many, but the aasimar merely swatted any that got in his way, only to cleave them in half later.

While Veraka hacked and slashed the rats to pieces, Aurora and Neriah looked down to Elliath.
"Hmmph, that's what happens when you babble with the affairs of the Hells," the fey'ri snorted at the assassin, who was unconscious before her and the wolf.

Aurora looked to the fey'ri; [i:2s2umc99]put him on my back.[/i:2s2umc99]

Neriah looked at the great white wolf.

[i:2s2umc99]I am now just do it,[/i:2s2umc99] Aurora growled back.

Neriah, not wanting to further invoke Aurora's wrath, did as instructed, lifting the assassin's unconscious body onto the wolf's furry back.

[i:2s2umc99]Now come; the sorceress could use some help, and I'm not one to leave any friend of Veraka behind to be rat meat.[/i:2s2umc99]

Neriah merely nodded and the two them took off towards Inrii.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Zek wasted no time in all but diving into the fray, evisceration was the name of the game with him. One rat head went flying in one direction followed by the other portions. What didn't meet his blades met his feet, which were violent kicks aimed to kill and maim. For a man whom had portrayed himself as a ranger. Precise movements, swift silent, but also visceral in effectiveness, it was clear he knew what he was doing. Dodging the leaping ones with bobs and says he'd all but roundhouse kicked one rat hard into a tree, the effects needn't be described as it was seen. The more he went on the more agitated it seemed he got. With what seemed like a sweeping motion of one of his blades fire followed suit scorching everything in front of him. Neither of the two blades was still, both were alternating on attacking and deflecting strikes from front and back. he knew he could get a disease from the foul things, but knew it'd be a hell of a time for them to get solid scratches or bites to give it to him. There were the occasional times when one clung to him biting at him through the hide armor, as well as the next movements of him ripping them off. Needless to say he'd be highly agitated if his armor was damaged to the point he needed new armor.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the two below didnt stopped as the summoned rats went to work. of course they were getting annihilated, but it was enough for a distraction. the short man held his hand out for payment which the thick human paid. transaction complete, the gnome hurried back to Bob and the camp knowing that the adventures were powerful and not to be messed with.
the man walked further down the tunnel. and stopped below the home-made entrance into the chapel. the bits of faerie fire filtering down glinted off the metalic chain he wore and the spear in his hand.
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

Eliath came to consciousness. He opened a stinging eye, and saw that he was sprawled on the back of a wolf, and he saw his target, even though her back was turned to the assassin. Eliath raised his head a little, and he felt so sore that he dropped it back down onto the wolf. He managed a weak chuckle, and shifted his fingers slightly, all he could manage, in his weakened state. "You are the first to have survived. I think you are a truly special person." He managed to gasp out, and a weak chuckle, that was part cough, as some blood bubbled out of his mouth. He slid off the wolf, and hit the ground, too weak to maintain a perch on the creature.
Death is an inevitable process of this world. The lords and heroes of this realm kill just as much as I. I simply profit from death, and so they call me evil.

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851