Vale of Shadows Part 6

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Virgil can only grimace at the thankless pair of reds, who seem to hold no value for hospitality that they might never know in any other such settlement. No, maybe not both of them in that consideration, one he realizes is taking cues from the other... from the elder of the two. It makes sense to him for what little he knows of dragons and their ways.

Once everyone is relatively well settled, he moves a bit off out of the line if sight,requesting of Xull, to join him, and once she is there with him, he keeps his voice down, but begins letting her know his tale, and his plight, [color=indigo:3an871ew]"I pray to find your camp so welcoming still once you know the truth. You see, there is a touch of Tanar'ri in my blood, yes, the reason that a 'human' is born with white hair, and yellow eyes. Not enough of the wicked blood to turn out Tiefling though. It is however only a small factor in what makes me Warlock. I do not know all the specifics, but an ancestor of mine, made a deal... a contract, with.... well... I dare not speak the name lest I invoke a visitation or worse, but a ruler of a layer of the Abyss. In exchange for his unscathed 'immortality' beside her, the soul of every male descendant is hers to claim, upon the day they them self sire their first male child. In order to protect this cursed bloodline, each male within it realizes the power of a Warlock as they enter puberty."[/color:3an871ew] All that off his chest, he looks about nervously, as if expecting the fabric of reality to rip open all around him, pouring forth the very demons he dreads most. Finally he asks, [color=indigo:3an871ew]"For all our sakes, is there someplace I could stay, a plot of land particularly holy, where demons could not easily tread?"[/color:3an871ew]
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

[i:35ia37se]Not quite entering the camp-proper, but entering well enough within that only those keeping their eyes to the outer-most perimeter of the little settlement, might even notice, comes a graceful creature, proud and elegant, and staring, scrutinizing in silence the elves it knows belongs here, and the strangers that do not. Surely it... he could not escape the notice of the scouts or the local ranger of this wood, and while unwilling to present himself openly, they respect his wishes, though, any watching them might follow their line of sight... might glimpse something worth notice, and so exotic and rare, even a druid unfamiliar to this wood, might drop their jaw.

There, standing alone among the trees, catching beams of moonlight is the figure of a splendid gryphon, with fur white and highlights of silver, pattern of pale gray stripes and spots upon body and wings respectively, pale gray beak and talons even, and crisp sapphire eyes staring back.[/i:35ia37se]
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

the amoral and free spirited (CN) drowess wasnt sure she still understood his dilemma, persay. she felt him tense under her touch, and wondered if she shouldnt have. but then he had likewise did so. and again to her surprise she didnt flinch as she normally would have beneath his touch. she remained quiet to let him think as she just sat next to him and watched the fire.
"and you have survived; no, more than survived. I hope you find a solution to what it is that trouble you so," she whispered, tho not sure if he was listening.
she was getting more sleepy as a plate of food came to them, which she gladly took. eating a few bites, it was the best she had (so she thinks at the moment); of course have not eaten in sooo long had that effect on people.

the priestess who'd been watching the interaction tween the red and Iulia when the warlock come over and requested her. she gladly gets up and heads over, a message to one of the morning watchmen.
she listened to his tale, comfort in her eyes to his pain. yet sorrow and indignation (not at him) for what has been done to the innocent. to his question she smiles.
"this place is a place of security, a place of rest and peace." which the glade was in a way protected. (maybe thats part of why the reds felt a bit uneasy also?) with a finger to her lip as if thinking, "but i could place a spell of sanctuary around your dwelling for your time here?"
she looks back over to the groups, then to Virgil, "I can see that you have not followed in their steps. you have chosen your own way. yet this continued to haunt you. this journey yall are on, is it to remove this problem?"
she'd guessed something of an important quest of sorts based on the drowess who'd spoken. tho Xull had reasoned ranging alternatives amongst them as varied as the companions were. again she glanced to the drowess next to the ranger. she was clearly concerned of her, or more who she represented. somehow she knew Inrii was of those who her group often struggled against; and a concern that she was a spy abusing their hospitality was a fear. she also looked to the others, the warrior and the fey'ri. such an unusual combination, was such union possible? there was uncertainty with the fey'ri she could tell. maybe an internal struggle as most these here seamed to have.
then she turned back to the warlock reaching into her pouch, "i have something, it might help. I dont often do this, so this will be our little secret." she whispered and winked to him. "but..."

the ranger sat watching as he whittled the wood. the shape of a fawn and mother forming. he glanced up in the direction, a sight that took his breath way, he nearly dropped the tool and carving.
"no way..." barely escaped his lips. ((so u dont think ur being ignored...:D))
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding silently he watched the scene, though what caught his attention was a recent arrival. Though having gone through more than what he'd like to have and actually bordering on maybe sleeping he raised a brow. This was unexpected, a gryphon taking in the details that he could make out, it needless to say got his attention though he remained quiet. He had seen a few in the distance various colorations. Never had the chance of seeing one up close, alive anyways. One thing he never had to deal with was one. Looking to inrii he nudged her slightly and motioned slightly towards the latest arrival.

Taking a breath he spoke" When we arrive at our final destination, it's time for me to move on. You're welcome to come with me." He shrugged" I don't know where I'll go, but I have a feeling on things however..."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[quote:339c15ek]With a boyish smile and youth awkwardness, "here," he said, his eyes peeking periodically to the curled fey'ri.[/quote:339c15ek]

Veraka looks at the young lad with a small smile and accepts the tray of food that the boy had extended to him. He noted the young lad's interest in Neriah, whom was curled up in his arm, and resting, surprisingly well, considering all she'd been through.
The aasimar turned his stark silver gaze back toward the boy and said; "you sure waking her is such a good idea?"

The question itself wasn't meant to scare the boy, but rather was Veraka's way of saying 'let her be'. Veraka, though still angered at Neriah for, what he considered, using him all this time, had that soft-spot coming back for her. Again, the aasimar felt an odd sense of protection over the fey'ri.

Perhaps it was because every now and then he would catch glances coming off of others, even some of his own, Inrii for one, was not going easy to talk down, and if it came down to blades at each others' throats, he wasn't sure if he could actually choose who to side with. Neither, Neriah nor Inrii had given him all the facts, so he felt like he couldn't really judge the two based on that.

While contemplating this thought, Veraka munched on the food provided, keeping his pace slow and clean.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((:p straight to the point then.))

old he was! his hair graying, thin and his body wispy, eyes seamed almost fixed and nearly milky white. around his nearly frail body was a thick warm blanket against the cold morning air. Kronintra sat alone a quiet hidden among the group. he had seen the group who'd come, and with mixed thoughts watched as they were accepted into the grove. he knew his priestess knew what she was doing, but at times, she tended to see the good over the truth behind the facade. but he would trust her judgment, for now. so quietly he prayed and meditated. unlike any of the others of the glade, he was humans might call a seer. so skilled in divination that he was useless in much else where. but as any know, the future can change. this was why he rarely spoke of it. with quick reasoning, he sought each future (of us traveling), dug deeper into their lives. then like a zap of lightning answers came to him, most in the form of riddles. trouble he saw for some; others were less easy to understand. and some, a change in them, whether for good or bad.

getting up from the shadows of the solitude, he slowly walked, well more hobbled thru the camp. eyes fixed [i:r3aakc4h]first [/i:r3aakc4h]on the big guy with the demonfay he walked over to him and spouted a set of incripting words:
[center:r3aakc4h]Follower of the Light
Daughter of Sin
Friends of Shadows
Whoms passion born of Fire
Through darkness, they wonder
Split by a daggers thrust
Fall into madness; fall into Black
Rise from despair; rise into light[/center:r3aakc4h]

((if any wanna a propesy and the one who wrote this [b:r3aakc4h]willing[/b:r3aakc4h], give me a brief of your planned future and i'll see if i can come up with.))

"yeah, I sense it," she whispered.
the presence of a magnificent beast off in the woods. the details she could see from her position wasnt much, the slightest bit of a sheen from the setting moon. but the magical energies surrounding it she could feel. then hearing his words, she paused in her meal, tho it was nearly devoured. thinking a moment, then she turned to face him.
"I..." she seamed speechless, but a small smile was slowly showing. her face moving past the initial shock.
"I..," clearing her throat. she'd charge in head on at a enemy with seaming reckless abandon, yet things of the heart were beyond her. at least she always thought so.
again she heard from her pouch, "[color=red:r3aakc4h]just say yes already[/color:r3aakc4h]."
"really?" she asked a bit hopeful. and as things were progressing, she would.
turning back to face the fire, pulled out the large spidersilk cloth for a cover and leaned in closer to him.
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Ok, smart-one with the tongue out; [b:9f8209f4]you[/b:9f8209f4] try stayin up for 24 hours straight, plus another 12 hour day ahead of you AND make your post just as good. Oh yeah, I see where that would go in two seconds.))

Veraka's eyes shot open and he leaned up, gently as to not disturb a still fey'ri on his shoulder and chest.
Looking into the elder's eyes, Veraka said coolly "You wanna run that by me again, old one?"
Veraka, despite his usual calm, had a hard time understanding the words that the elder seer had just said. What Veraka heard unnerved him to a very fine degree.
[i:9f8209f4]Follower of Light, Daughter of Sin? Who is this guy referring to?[/i:9f8209f4] the aasimar asked himself as he tumbled with the thought in his head.

It was while Veraka was thinking and pondering the seer's odd statement that Aurora popped her eyes open and locked onto the gryphon that was within the trees. The winter wolf's ice-blue eyes looked over the magnificent creature. The great wolf raised her head from the ground and looked to Veraka.
[i:9f8209f4]We have company, little brother; and in the rarest of forms. A gryphon has graced us here in this camp.[/i:9f8209f4]

This caused the aasimar to look up and immediately find himself staring at the gryphon.
[i:9f8209f4] I can honestly say I've never seen one before,[/i:9f8209f4] Veraka replied through their telepathic link.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

72 hours with work and school, I have you beat. HA!)

Watching the scene then the old man he raised a brow watching. Looking back to her then the 'happy odd couple' and finally back to the gryphon. Looking to inrii when she started to speak he nodded." Answer when you're ready, I feel as though we have a long time before we reach your destination." When she leaned in closer to him he patted her back lightly, letting her lean or lay against him. He remained sitting where he was, oddly not eating. He wasn't hungry at least right now anyways he wasn't.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((if i stayed up that late? God help yall. i get crazy with lack of sleep..i shoulda mentioned, he just looks like an old man, tho magical energies surround him.))

the man smiled to the warrior.
"it is not mine to interpet."
then he walked away, continuing thru the camp at a slow steady pace. a female half drow brung over a mug of hot liquid to which he gladly accepted with a sip of the steaming cup. then he turned twords another (who, just depends)...

"what if i want to?" she finally manage out.
'[color=red:1ec1k5oe]was that so hard?[/color:1ec1k5oe]' (the lizard)
Inrii looked over her shoulder, while she was leaning on the ranger, to the old (drow) seer as she overheard his words to Veraka. she was stumped at the prose directed to him. with no context given, what was he spouting?
"ooo, sounds so ominous," the sorceress smarted off softly, never it occurring that he would possible hear her.
"[color=red:1ec1k5oe]mock me? I know more than you could possibly comprehend girl.[/color:1ec1k5oe]," came into her head.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

(( at 72 hours you begin to halucinate, a week and the body shuts down to sleep, which CAN kill you given the fact you can fall asleep anywheres))

He looked to her" Then you'll be in for a long hike." Hearing her mention the ominous bit he spoke flatly" Simple, it talks about Veraka and Neriah's conflicts that will continue on until a resolution. Whether it is for the better or not who knows." He looked back to the old man for a moment then looked to her" Two things, he's closer to my age.. or he's older, either way it's not promising to consider." Shrugging he looked to the fire." Fun in the darkness and shadows, how much fire will do who knows. Might have to absorb the darkness with deeper darkness and shadow." he mused slightly though had a near frostbitten edge to it. Battle of who's the eldest here? who knows amusingly enough it'd probably be a close match which to zek amuses him to no end.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka shrugged slightly, then took the mans word for what it was and munched on it as food for thought. Neriah opened her crimson eyes and looked the aasimar in his own with them.

"Did I miss anything?" she asked softly as she rose from her slumbering position.

"Not really; I had a prophesy said to me, but other than that, nothing really."

The fey'ri's eyes looked at Veraka with an expression of curiosity; "really, what was it about?"

Veraka recited what the 'old' 'drow' seer had said to him to Neriah, and noticed her brows suddenly shoot upwards. The aasimar glanced at her with an expression of concern.

"It's nothing, really; just . . surprised at what was said to you." Neriah replied to Veraka's concerned look.

"Alright; well it's been a long time since I've actually got any [b:135q97nj]real[/b:135q97nj] rest, so I'm gonna relax a bit."

Neriah nodded silently to him as the aasimar took a comfortable position, and closed his eyes. Neriah laid down on him, resting her head on his shoulder, while keeping her eyes open, looking around at random people.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"resolution, let me have a chance, I'll resolve it," she stated, not hiding Inrii still had a grudge against the fey'ri. and the sorceress didnt let things go. sometimes to the pain of herself. then changing subjects she closed her eyes a moment.
"I'm up for a good adventure. and the company wont be too bad either," she joked. she yawned, nearly sleep.
the soft crackling of the fire, the cold breeze of the nearly winter season, and the rangers near rhyme faded to a disance. normally she didnt sleep like a human, but under the circumstances of the past days, maybe even weeks had caught up. and soon she was asleep upon him.

((keepin this active. tho soon, the RP will need to move to morning. so i hope yall can respond soon.))
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

He head been hoping for a proper Temple, but seeing none, or at least none being presented to him, he held his doubts at the security these kind people could hold, should his presence attract unwelcome attention from Shendilavri. How that name, even the thought of it brought flashes of memories before his eyes, a younger, less capable Virgil, rescued from Death, only to have his immature innocence smashed by the 'education' of a succubus posing as his dead mother, in an illusory setting made to make him believe he had died, and had gone to that, Paradise the priests often spoke of.
The memory seemed like a few seconds to his reckoning, but had been a few moments at least, staring at the concerned priestess, his pale face, and yellow eyes, betraying the visage of a haunted man, with many scars unseen but deeply felt. His mind comes back to the moment at hand, [color=indigo:2mpwdpks]" A Sanctuary Spell? Perhaps a Hallow spell, would be better, that even if they should come for me, I shall be out of their reach, and you'd not be as pressed to lend me such protection."[/color:2mpwdpks]
@============[Enter an antagonist]================@

[color=violet:2mpwdpks]"Sanctuary?!"[/color:2mpwdpks] Came a harsh, mocking, and deceptively pleasant-sounding voice, [color=violet:2mpwdpks]"Protection?! Foolish little Virgil, when will you learn to stop trusting priests?! They offer you words of compassion while the rabble they tend to gathers in angry mobs to string you up on a post and argue over how many ways to execute you, or have you forgotten the last time?"[/color:2mpwdpks] This voice, alluring through some unholy charm to the ears, hearts, and hormones of men of weaker willpower, its source comes revealed stalking toward Virgil directly, making no effort to hide its... 'her' visage. Were it not for the wings, wyvern-like tail, and peculiar feet, the mocha-skinned dark-haired beauty would likely have even more men under sway of her charms. A succubus, and she seems to know the Warlock quite well, they have a history together it seems.

She has not shown just yet, any signs of aggression yet though, only scolding Virgil who glares back defiantly, to hide the fear that edges in around his eyes.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching silently he closed his eyes listening before speaking flatly" Between the two of you, a resolution if left unchecked would be the death of one, the other or both." hearing her he cracked a smile" One could say the same.." When he felt her body relax with sleep he looked to her and nodded slowly, before his attention went to the rest of the camp. Watching the overall scene silently. With whomever came or moved, he didn't react to... yet. He waited to see how things would go, especially with their warlock companion. Everyone had demons they had to fight, some more literally than others.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Xull paused, her face turning serious. her hand went to his shoulder in a protective way, standing up to the threat she sensed coming. several warning came into her mind. numerous set of bows were aimed at the newest 'visitor' to the Glade. they place was set as 'holy' but any evil would find this place must uncomfortable, maybe irritating. the seer had moved out of the camp to a safer spot, but prepared with his spells. Xull drew her sword (a holy sword) and stepped up between the demoness (right?) and the warlock. several around camp had also drawn weapon waiting on word to strike.
"you have no business her demon," she said in a very commanding voice, sword poised to strike; then she began the words to a spell ( http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/holySmite.htm ). those in the tree homes on edge just itching to release the stinging arrows.

Inrii was in such a deep sleep she didnt know anything of her surroundings. her dreams tho, were a mess of randomness.
then in a soft voice barely above a whisper broke thru the swirl of chaos and spoke,
[list:1go62ia9]"A road of Shadows,
Of truths and lies.
From salty shore to barren desert,
From daylight to Evernight.
To find truths dreaded.
In this trial of darkness,
You will find,
A treasure of heart’s desire.
Treasure found, treasure lost.
Look to Daughter of Chaos,
Lest you be lost to Chaos."[/list:u:1go62ia9]a sensation of falling and then flashes of light and shadows surrounding her.