Vale of Shadows Part 6

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((yall can still fight the rats, just gunna post this since its slow. and this is after their dindled. ))

many of the rats were dead, or dying as the group was annihilating them. Inrii pushed her self more, continued to kill them, one after another. soon there was only a small handful left after the spells, swords, and other attacks.
they stopped coming at her. she just leaned against a pillar and slumped to the stone floor.

the man with some supernatural abilities leaped up thru the hole and into the chapel with the others. he was familiar, a guard from Daggerfalls' gate. he hadnt forgotten the humiliation from them nor his crushed ego/pride. and after the guild had fallen, he taken upon himself for 'revenge'.
he spotted the three he wanted, tho he didnt expect to see "NERIAH?" he paused confused now. from all accounts she had been killed and Alya missing. the pause was enough for him to lower any defense.
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Recognizing the visage and zek already on the warpath, his agitation at an all time high took one of his blades and threw it hard and fast at the man whom appeared from the location the swarm of rats came from. Cross the ranger and they'd find that his skills went far deeper than being a warden of the forests.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

(i was wanting neriah to respond first)

still distracted by one of the mistresses (boss) he didnt see the blade till it was right there, and he couldnt completely move from avoiding it. blade tip dug deep into his shoulder into the joint of his weapon arm (from the front). he hollered loudly and nearly fell back stumbling as blood now poured from the instrument. a nearby rat turned to see him as did a few of those left. beady red eyes fixated on him.
like an idiot, he pulled the blade out letting it fall to the stones with a wet [i:1ygyyhki]clank[/i:1ygyyhki]. he hosted up the spear, activating the enchantment with a single word of power and thrust it at the ranger (its a heat seeking so it will hit somehow.)
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt whirled when he felt the magical energies of a transportation spell, and, saw Zek's dagger strike a male in the shoulder. More insidious was the spear the male threw at Zek. The magical aura around it showed Zazzt it was enspelled to always hit its target, so he reacted as quickly as he could, Zazzt cast a quickened wall of force, putting it between Zek and the spear, hoping it would be enough to give the ranger time to react.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

As the fey'ri and winter wolf made their way over to a now collapsed Inrii, she heard a thud come from Aurora; looking around to see Elliath, the assassin who'd come after her, tumble off the white wolf's back and thud to the ground.
Scowling to herself, she said to Aurora, [i:2t76joch]try and drag him over to Inrii, and make sure to keep an eye on him.[/i:2t76joch]

Aurora merely nodded.

Neriah then heard her name called out from beside her; looking around, she found one of the members of the former guild looking at her, just in time to receive a blade to the gut.

"Fool; you die a meaningless death," she hissed at him even as his life fluids trickled down onto the floor. She decided to play a little improvisation for her part.

"What are you oolos doing; the one you want is [b:2t76joch]there[/b:2t76joch];" she pointed an arched finger towards a raging Veraka.
Aurora heard this and turned to stare down the fey'ri, her ice blue eyes speaking death.

Veraka drove Marala Vharc through the last of the rats he was facing just in time to hear part of what Neriah had just shouted; turning round to see her pointing at him, the berserker didn't target her, being as she was the reason it had come out; instead, the aasimar roared and charged the nearest goon.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((it was a shoulder hit technically))

Zazzt spell went up, deflecting the spear' enough to only strike the ranger in the shoulder/ arm. the human was less happy about the miss and the interference of this wizard who had no involvement in his strife with the three. but there was little he could do, he was losing too much blood, and growing weaker, his face now rather pale. the blade must of hit a major vein he guessed. he looked to veraka as his mistress pointed to, but he fell to one knee as it gave out. pulling out a vial of blue liquid from a pouch, his shaky hand dropped it and it crashed to the stones, spilling the precious liquid. falling to his hand to even lick some of it was futile.
"Mistress, help," he called a bit raspy to the fey'ri. for he hoped his service would somehow cause her to take pity. he had been a faithful member, even informing her and Alya of the three's entrance into the city; he suffered pure humiliation from those companions and now all he wanted was to pay them back! she of all would understand that.

Inrii heard everything around her, yet it was like she wasnt there. the sorceres saw the heart seaker, unable to do nothing; a bit of dread hit her at the results of what could happen. she couldnt even react to the spear hitting the ranger, tho thankful zazzt had been able to deflect it some. Neriah's actions to her mind proved that the fey'ri was what she knew all along, 'i told you so,' she said to herself.
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

The blade slammed into the shoulder, the hide armor dampening the blow and a fastener deflected it enough to miss serious injury.. or rather major artery or vein. Reaching up with his free hand he clutched the spear and growled almost animalistically as he pulled the spear from his shoulder. Sighing in relief he changed his grip on the spear and stalked silently towards the one who threw it. Even though blood flowed from the wound, Zek was a stubborn soul. Muttering half in draconic, half common." Just wait until I get my hands on you... I'll rend your soul from your shroud of flesh."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt whirled at Neriah, angry that she would betray his friends, and calling up arcane energies, sent a bolt of lightning her way. Followed by himself, as he sprinted to close the distance between himself, and the traitorous fey'ri.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka heard Neriah shout at her former cohorts, and whirled on her. For a split second, his aasimar and paladin abilities returned and he was able to see her aura again. It didn't speak of treachery.

Almost on instinct, the aasimar leaped in front of Zazzt's lighting bolt and take the blast for the fey'ri. His natural immunity to electricity, plus his Blessing of Bahamut that was still in effect, lessened the impact and damage that the aasimar took.

"Quit it, Zazzt!!" Veraka roared at the wizard as he lowered his shield.

Immediately, two of the former guild members charged him, thinking him under the fey'ri's charms, but right then, Veraka let the berserker back out. He roared with pent up fury as Marala Vharc sliced through the air, clashing with the swords that the idiots were using. Red eyes glowed as the aasimar sliced, slashed and hacked his way through the goons.

Neriah heard the weak plea for help; turning her head over to see the dying former member of the guild. Seeing the dying member bleeding to death, she felt a twinge of something, but was unsure of what it was. Rather she continued to act out her part.
Striding over to the dying man, she kicked his empty bottle to him; "you failed to keep yourself from death, then what use are you to me dying?" she asked callously.
Last edited by veraka on Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt's eyes flew wide as Veraka took the bolt of lightning and didn't even flinch. However, Zazzt was certain that his barbarian friend was simply under the effects of some spell the fey'ri cast on him. One that he couldn't see or feel, but there was no other explanation in the drow wizard's mind. Zazzt tried to stop, his sandals skidding on the stone, and he stopped just out of sword range, "She's betrayed you, friend, snap out of it, or I will snap you out of it." He dropped into a fighting stance, hands facing Veraka, and feet out wide, allowing him full mobility. His hands glowed with magical power, just waiting to be shaped into whatever element Zazzt wished, or used to simply strike at the very soul of his enemies. He let out a long breath. Zazzt never dreamed he would have to use his techniques on his dearest friend.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((a few others showed up somehow...;) ))

the dying guard eye's growing ashy widened as he knew his end was nearing. she did nothing! his face was near the stone floor, his hands barely holding him up as the loss of blood slowed, for he had lost so much as it was. the ranger with death on his visage was coming at him he knew, saw him behind her as he drew closer sword poised to kill and was all the interpetation he needed for what he didnt understand. he weakly reached for a dagger to attempt to defend himself.

(as soon as their dead we can head out of this place. magic users will sense a warded door behind a curtain afterwards. Inrii is barely conscious so i'll let another find it.)
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

An adamantine armored fist hammered the last of Veraka's enemies to the ground. Then, hearing Zazzt's exclamation, the aasimar whirled raising his shield in the process, Marala Vharc coming up to his side, but not raised.

The aasimar met his old comrades eyes with his own; he dropped his shield down to his side and lowered his sword.
"I won't fight you," he said simply, his eyes returning to their normal silver radiance as his berserker rage was rained in under his control finally.

"I know who I am, and I know that she's not evil, regardless of what the others may say," he sheathed Marala Vharc to emphasize his point.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt looked at his friend, and seeing that he was in full control of himself, at least as far as Zazzt could tell, he nodded, and also relaxed his stance, hands dropping to his side, the magic whirring to a dead silence. He walked over to Veraka, and placing his hand on the paladin's armored shoulder, he nodded, "Don't let your feelings for her cloud your judgment. If she betrays us, I will kill her, and I hope you realize it not as an act of vengeance, but protecting the group, and bear me no ill will." He looked in Neriah's direction, eyes narrowing briefly, but then replaced by his normal calm expression. Zazzt looked around the chamber, at his randomly scattered friends, and his eyes settled on a curtain with a magical aura in the shape of a door around it. While his friends quickly dispatched the remaining enemies in the room, Zazzt walked to the curtain, and tore it down, revealing a hidden, and heavily warded door, "Is this of importance?" He asked Inrii, "A way out, perhaps?"

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii blinked a few times and slightly shook her head.
"im afraid I am not familier with this place. I showed up bound and gagged, dropped in the dungeon."
but she wasnt surprised; the chapel in Minauthkeep had a secret doors and compartments.

the ward was complex yet with some patience, logic, and a bit of skill, could be dispelled. behind it was a large hollowed out room. the room was dark with an unnatural darkness. a small portal, simular to the one in the cave back in Cormanthor, stood there. three silver alloyed poles stood evenly spaced. the control panel with a few keys was off on the side. it was powered down at the moment, but wouldnt be too hard to get it running, if one knew the key.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Neriah looked at Zazzt, not sure what to make of him. But from what she heard, the fey'ri knew that she wasn't welcome among the aasimar's friends, at least among Inrii and Zazzt.

Aurora padded up next to Neriah, an unconscious Elliath on her shoulders. It couldn't be said that the furball was incompetent.

The fey'ri looked to the winter wolf with confusion and a tight little despair in her eyes; [i:yge1llah]I suppose that the wizards reaction should've been expected.[/i:yge1llah]

Blue icy eyes looked up to meet Neriah's crimson glowing orbs; [i:yge1llah]are you so surprised, given your reaction and the ploy you just pulled?[/i:yge1llah]

She looked away, not sure of what to make of all this still.

[i:yge1llah]Be glad that my little brother thinks so highly of you, else I would not be having this conversation with you now. I care about my brother, and I won't let anyone harm him, either physically or emotionally. Be glad, Neriah Dlardrageth, that you have garnered enough of Veraka's respect and hope to have stayed both my claws and fangs; I do not easily let someone as close to Veraka as you are now. Do [b:yge1llah]not[/b:yge1llah] disappoint me or him.[/i:yge1llah]

[i:yge1llah]Is that a threat?[/i:yge1llah] the fey'ri retorted, her own crimson eyes narrowing at the wolf.

[i:yge1llah]Absolutely,[/i:yge1llah] Aurora shot back, not barring her teeth, but giving an expression of that she [b:yge1llah]would[/b:yge1llah] lash out at Neriah should she prove hostile.

Veraka eyed Zazzt with glowing silver eyes, which held both hope and disdain for Zazzt's words. The aasimar did not wish to see his trust and hope in his instincts shattered, but at the same time, until [b:yge1llah]he[/b:yge1llah] saw betrayal and treachery from Neriah, he would defend her.

"I trust your words; my feelings for her are irrelavent at the moment. I can sense that she's not all that she's been made to be or seems to be. There's more down, buried very deep, but it's there and I intend to dig it out."
The aasimar was referring to hurt and hatred that he could see inside the fey'ri; her aura spoke volumes to his celestial vision, yes; but his mind said that there was more.

Veraka looked the wizard in the eye for a split second; "it you do what you must to protect the group, that is your call."
He leaned in close so only the wizard could hear.
"However, until I see with my own eyes that she is treacherous, and betrays what trust I've given her, I [b:yge1llah]will[/b:yge1llah] defend her from any and [b:yge1llah]all[/b:yge1llah] hostilities." The aasimar truly hopped it would not come down to blades at each other's throats, but he was adamant as he was stubborn, and while others may give into their stereotypical prejudices and cautions easily, it took much to shake his foundation once he placed his faith and trust in someone. However, if they did prove false, then he would not hesitate to unleash his full fury upon them, berserker or not.

Watching Zazzt find the door, the aasimar came up to it and replied; "well if it's our exit, then I suggest someone find out if its rigged or trapped, otherwise, we'll find out the hard way." If anyone could guess, the aasimar meant full well that he'd smash the door in or attempt to, his patience in the past hours was wearing dangerously thin.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix