Vale of Shadows Part 6

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

The nearest? Why that would be first through the portal, and that would be the Firebelcher, big as a Kodiak Grizzly, it's all Nixue can do to rein in the mount from charging in return, trying to turn it aside, whilst Naien hops off to intercept the charge with one of her own, sweeping her buckler at the incoming mace, and thrusting with her mace at his gut, growling in the last, [color=red:1xrj1i5c]"Strike me again human! I'll send your bones and your soul to Tiamat!"[/color:1xrj1i5c]

Back with Nixue, he leans over to Veraka to whisper, [color=darkred:1xrj1i5c]"She's been in a bad mood lately, if that human is an ally, you may wish to stop the fighting."[/color:1xrj1i5c]
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching the whole scene he just shook his head palming his face for a long moment listening." Like that deity would need more annoyances with souls being sent to them... How not to earn their favor..." He muttered coldly before watching them. This was one of those times he wished he could either scare them all to a hair of death, or transform for just a moment into such a colossal beast it'd set them in line. Muttering" Gods... you vex me so at times...." Eili looked at him." You can kill something later... save it for when you can sink your claws into someone."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka and Neriah both feel the tremor and looked over to see the portal open. Neriah silently hissed in contempt at their guests, whilst Veraka's silver eyes narrowed at the lumbering beast that came through. He'd already killed one of them with a stab through the skull, he had no intention of facing against such a force again, unless he had to.

[color=red:64eggjjn]"Not so fast Paladin! We had an agreement by honor! Besides, this monkey wouldn't quit causing us trouble, until we helped it get back to you."[/color:64eggjjn]

Upon hearing that all too-familiar voice, the paladin arches his eyebrow at the source; "and so we still do," he retorts to the two Arcaniss. The aasimar has no idea what they were doing there, however, his mood sours when the Bedine priest goes religiously ballistic on the Redspawn.

Neriah gives a clear snort when the priest meets his stop at Naien's buckler. Veraka growls lightly, gets up and stomps over between the priest and the Redspawn, his own temper starting to flare.
"ENOUGH!!" he barked at the two, his voice carrying into the night.
To the cleric he says "These two are bound to me be an oath of honor; and if you happen to know anything about dragons or their kin, it's that they take their honor very seriously."

To Naien he snaps "You say that we have an oath of honor, then I suggest you stick by it! This human is our guide out here in the desert, so unless you wish to wander aimlessly about for an eternity perhaps, which [b:64eggjjn]I[/b:64eggjjn] do not, then keep your fire breath to yourself and let the incident go. He is a man of faith, much like me, only less experienced in the ways of the world. Aside from that, he was not aware of our honor oath that is bound to us both."
"Now if you two wish to continue this senseless, and meaningless argument, then by all means continue, however, my patience has already been worn thin as of late. Besides," he turns to Naien, a gaze as hard as diamond; "if our oath is still true and strong, then this human is someone you might not wish to strike, lest I decide that such an action violates that oath."
Last edited by veraka on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Amused, Virgil stands about watching this unfold, a man who repents his cursed soul almost daily, he holds no particular love for men of faith, at least not those who strike first, before they are attacked. Such in his experience are the rabble rousers that bring down angry mobs on his head for a cursed birth that he didn't choose. In fact there is a subtle sigh when Veraka stops the Arcaniss from beating some sense into this fellow human. Not so subtle is his declaration, [color=indigo:1alsu6kp]"The virtues of a Paladin, I can abide, but there's no such oath binding me. I hope our guide's faith is not so narrow-minded concerning [b:1alsu6kp]me[/b:1alsu6kp]. "[/color:1alsu6kp] A glare is turned on the Bedine cleric, both questioning, and wary.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

the bedine stepped back after all of it, saying nothing. of course last nights dreams had still been effecting him, making him on edge more so than he would otherwise be.
"very well," trying to regain himself, "let us be on our way. no more fighting, nor killing each other. I must reach the gate and then yall are free to go and do whatever."
the man walked over to his camel and hopped on.

Inriia remained silent, tho a smirk was on her face at the situation.
"well, the human does have some smarts," agreeing that getting moving was the best option.

((so we might be sharing camels as Inriia's is gone. maybe Neriah and V want too... ;) ))
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

(that's not all they're sharing...)

Watching the situation diffuse finally he nodded to her." What's next? Snow in the desert?" He would not be surprised by some divine means making this possible and a reality. If he knew the spell, he probably could attempt such a thing even if it was an illusion.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

a smirk and a mischevious smirk showed up again on her face, first real smile since waking up for the day.
"snow? why not?"
completing the right motions and words, snow fell around them. anyone arguing would have to sooner or later notice snow falling on them in the middle of the desert.
"hows that?"

((presdigination spell))
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Looking at her seeing the smirk, he knew no good could come of it." Riight... why not." Watching her he noticed the weather chance so now they had snow falling."That'll do... at least it won't be so hot."
Site, story being redone

Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

With a singular, unanimous motion, the pair of Drow draw a venomous glare from Nixue and Naien both, and a plaintive growl from their Firebelcher mount. Tempting as it is to start a magical duel and incinerate them both, Naien slaps aside the younger male's hands as he begins a casting to do just as such, then shoots a look at Veraka, [color=red:371nrfsw]"We honor our debt, but this chill in the air is going too far. Honor your side of this, or we go our own way."[/color:371nrfsw]

After all, cold weather, and more importantly magical cold, are profoundly discomforting, if not outright baneful to Red Dragons and their kin. The painful antithesis of this trio of fire sub-types.

((Plenty of room aboard a Firebelcher for some gear, or one more naked-monkey... err I mean humanoid, assuming one of them can convince them to share. Also, if I am misunderstanding, and the snow is an illusion please message me, I will edit accordingly.))
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((not a storm or weather change, just snow falling from nothing. it will basically melt when it touches as its still desert morning and heating up by the moment. the spell is a simple create things kinda deal. ))

the human cleric rolled his eyes as the drowess' little spell began. but he moved his mount over towrds them in hopes they would also do likewise and ready to leave. they should hit the place later this afternoon.
"be ready for intense heat. only stop if necessary.

"How can anyone not like snow?" the smirk still on her face. she let the spell exipire on its own, preparing some heat protection on herself as well as the few protections she had. then motioned she would grab Zek's camel and bring it over.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Smirking at the comments from the dragons she shook his head, poor things just showed a weakness. And he the hunter he was.. and assassin would keep that information. Honor to the paladin or not, he however had his own codes and ethics. Ones that gods helped whoever felt the bite of his blades for retribution or just outright desire to do something he felt that needed to be done. Looking to her he nodded letting her get the camel." We'll make sure of that of course."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[color=blue:1svb0034]"The virtues of a Paladin, I can abide, but there's no such oath binding me. I hope our guide's faith is not so narrow-minded concerning me."[/color:1svb0034]

Veraka turns his head towards Virgil at those words, his silver orbs focusing on the warlock for a split second.
"I remind you, Virgil, that I am bound to keep my fellow clerics and paladins from harm, should the need arise. Let's not make any hasty actions; besides, I believer our Bedine guide is wise enough not to raise the temper of an Uthgardt-raised paladin. My patience may be even, but I am easily angered at ignorance."

[color=red:1svb0034]"We honor our debt, but this chill in the air is going too far. Honor your side of this, or we go our own way."[/color:1svb0034]

To this, the aasimar turned to the Arcaniss, and raised a soft, silver brow; "I see that you have."

He turns his silver eyes to Inriia for a moment before Neriah weaves a simple [i:1svb0034]Dispell Magic[/i:1svb0034] and rids the area of the drowesses spell. The snow fall stopped in the moment.
"I think I need not remind you of the [b:1svb0034]purpose[/b:1svb0034] behind our honor oath?" Veraka asked Naien in a very pointed question, while shooting a look over to Nixue, knowing full well that had the female Arcaniss not intervened, Veraka's blade, Marala Vharc, would have plunged into the young one's body. The paladin made a mental note to keep an eye on those two; while he knew of Dragon's and how seriously they took their honor, he was a paladin of Bahamut, Tiamat's ever rival and archenemy. He simply wouldn't let his guard down.

While Veraka gave his little tirade to the Redspawn, Neriah looked onward towads the sky, not liking the approaching sunrise.
"Make your words quick, paladin; the scorching sun rises, and I for one, would rather not be in it's rays."

Once Neriah had readied herself, Veraka yanked their camel over, and gave the fey'ri sorceress a boost up, her light frame nothing for his toned muscles. He, however, stayed on the ground, keeping more than enough waterskins behind him for one winter wolf whom was uncomfortable with the scorching heat.

[i:1svb0034]You going to be ok, Aurora?[/i:1svb0034] The aasimar asked his wolf companion telepathically.

[i:1svb0034]The sooner we move, the faster I drink; so it really doesn't matter.[/i:1svb0034] With that said and done, the three were ready to move.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

[OOC: Getting a little crowded... and I'm just not realistically seeing Aramut sticking it out after his dream. So I am gonna bow out on this RP I think.]

All these issues well and good, from silliness dispensed with, to a trio of newcomers, and the sunrise nearly upon them, Aramut cuts in, "I must bid you farewell. Perhaps the visions we each have had were foresight, or tormenting lies, but I cannot risk it, not knowing for certain. Besides, I cannot bring all of you through a Shadowwalk. May the desert welcome you into peaceful repose, should you fall. Stepping close to Inriia, asks of her, "Please place on of your darkness spells over me."

Providing she provides for this request,he is just as suddenly gone from the area all together, presumably to return to his home temple, else, he finds another source of darkened shade to enter Shadowwalk.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

(( :( ok. but i understand.

side note, i just found an article on the desert, in winter, its supose to get freezing. but since its the end of autumn, i'm gunna have it dropping in tempature each day. nights are gunna be freezing.))

Inriia, riding up on the camel, shrugged, and threw a globe of darkness for him, allowing him to disappear.
she moved to let Zek on, holding a hand out if he wanted it to get on.

__
(after getting going. if have more to say while stopped, go ahead.)

the sun beat down on them, not as bad should it have been summer, but it was still rather hot. the bedine leading the way, sad that the jackel had left while still suspicious of the newcomers. he only had payment for 4. so it would be up to them to pay the others.

the morning hours passed, the sun rising higher into the air.
the cleric on alert for more danger beneath the sand than anything. the Black road continued, the mountain to the south curving away from them and forming a U shaded vast open area. it was in there they would be heading. the mountains are known as the Scimitar Spires- obelisklike rocky spires that resemble black, jagged blades of stone rise out of dusty sand with out foothills, raviries, or any trace of vegetation.
another hour and in the distance a singular stone, carved to look like an obilisk stood on the road. a slightly seen possible trail would lead south twords where he needed. far in the distance, the land looked slightly different from the rest. tho it couldnt be known till closer, it was a salt flat.
unknown to any, it would later be a water bed when the city of Shade returned.
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Virgil found himself having to put on a slight frown, almost a scowl. But, when has the man been seen smiling, other than rare moments of unguarded humor or joy? Everyone but he appears to have a mount, be it horse, camel, or fire-breathing horned toad (Firebelcher). As everyone is prepared to depart, he waves for them to continue on, insisting they not worry about his keeping up, which frankly he can't. First, the desert is harsh on his body so accustomed to green forests, and the brown muck of farm and swamplands. Places where humidity and rain were so common that traveling by foot ensured you would spend at least one day wet. Second, the weight of his scythe was a new burden, but since it was a gift, he dared not lose it, deliberately or otherwise. Lastly, his stubbornness would not allow him to make use of the -other- gift his keepers sent him back to the mortal plane with.

It would be until nearly exhausted, sweat pouring down his brow, legs burning with fatigue, and sight of his companions lost in the distorting waves of heat rising off the desert sands, that he sighs, resigning himself to the shame of being further indebted to Shar's skill at helping talk him out of trouble, and sent back far from empty-handed. Down his scythe comes then, dropped from his shoulder, and with one hand wielding, sinks the arched blade into the sand, so it rests at his side, pole sticking up at an angle. Out from a belt pouch comes a small black statuette of a horse, so perfect in its resemblance, sets it down upon the sand, and steps back. He clears his throat, and never having used such an item before, utters the command phrase, in more of a shout, [color=indigo:hf6dcx3x][i:hf6dcx3x]"Blackfire!"[/i:hf6dcx3x]
[/color:hf6dcx3x]
Surely the companions ahead of him might hear that, but even if they do not, the roar of flames, and the neighing of a horse, outraged and unwilling that follows, is not easily missed. For Virgil there is a mix of awe, sympathy, and trepidation at the beast he has summoned, knowing well what it is like to be an unwilling servant by circumstance. Perhaps some day, he imagines, should he find his own freedom, he'll find a way to release the hellish horse from its bonds, to choose its own path. For those companions ahead of him, doubtless some can sense what manner of creature has been called, others may suspect, and a guide might know, or might be about to soil his drawers. Out from the heat haze does the white haired human come riding, astride a horse few can ever have claimed to tame, coal-black all over, covered in blackened steel armor and saddled for riding. Mane, and tail all aflame, flames licking out from eye-sockets, nostrils, and inner ears. Licks of flame lick and flicker out from under the armor covering over the mare's mane, sparing her rider from open flames.

Riding into view of his companions, the Warlock brings the Nightmare to a halt, not that this keeps her from pawing the sand, obviously eager to get going, and allowed to return to her own plane. Virgil gives a resigned shrug, [color=indigo:hf6dcx3x]"A... gift from my handlers. You can thank Shar later if you like. For now, let us keep moving, I don't wish to keep her here any longer than it takes to get out of this wasteland."[/color:hf6dcx3x] Perhaps it's just a trick of the imagination or the desert heat wearing on people's minds, but in that last statement, one might swear to have heard sympathy from the Warlock. As if he might actually care about the feelings of the wickedly evil horse beneath him.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)