Vale of Shadows Part 6

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

At his brothers words, the aasimar fumed; "how could I, how COULD I?!!" He roared back at his brother, though something seemed odd about his words.

"How can I just sit by when everything that I hold true is being violated all around me; out of honor and duty did I uphold the values of the tribe and marry this young woman out of respect for our tribe and who we were warring against. However, when enough is enough, I will put my foot down. How could I do this, I chose to. If I wish to be with another, then I will decide who she'll be, and not some dispute. . . . "he stopped, just flinging up his arms in hopelessness.

"How can everyone ask such a thing of me and expect me to be perfectly content with it. FOR what?!! If to spare of the lives of our own, than [b:1rwb8xiy]that[/b:1rwb8xiy] I will abide by; but. . . . ARRGGGHHH!!"

He slammed a fist into the trunk that he'd been leaning against, the bark giving a heavy 'CRUCNH' to the force behind the blow.

========================

Neriah just shook her head in reply to Finrae; always the jest of some, she was; which was good for her, for that meant she kept the fey'ri amused with sarcastic-witted humor half the time.

"So I'm not in my norm; what else do you expect after a successful coup such as that?" She waved a slender hand around, emphasizing the building and what had transpired just months earlier.

"So their finally getting off their asses and prepping themselves, huh? Perhaps I should go teach them a lesson in timing;" she chuckled to herself, the idea very satisfying in the moment. Then she turned and looked up at Finrae.

"However, I'm guessing that you had some other news for me, otherwise, I probably would still be pacing about my room. So what is it, or have you just come to talk my ear off?"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

(dream, V and N continue)

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((note for anyone, im putting a heading above in the subject line , up there ^, so no one gets too confused who or what a post refers to.))

"you...selfish idiot!" he said in attempting to calm, "its not about us! how could you so dishonor [b:rmk4col3]our [/b:rmk4col3]family like that. that is your role! to unite our tribes, for our survival. it is bigger than what you [i:rmk4col3]want[/i:rmk4col3]. sometimes we dont get to decide."
he shifted the ax and hooked it back onto his belt and became comanding as well as laying it one with heavy guilt.
"get your butt back and I will not speak of this sorcery and stupidity to anyone. or by Uthgar, I swear..." his voice rising again to carry the threat well.
====
Finrae looked at her nails in a causal attitude, "yeah, you can say that." she gave a long pause before continuing, almost testing the co-comander of Raven's Claw, tho she knew not to push it too far. Alya might have been the more dangerous of the two, Neriah was still formadable in her own right.
"oh yeah that. some large armored tank is waiting. that wierd male that showed up in the city months ago with that strange group," her movement then back to an upright stance, "still aint figured that one. but what do i care I'm just the lieutant."
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka, already getting tired of being berated on, just turned away from his older brother. A thought then crossed his mind; turning back to his brother and staring at him, his silver orbs boring into his brothers eyes, he asked, "and what happens when what is good for the tribe goes against everything I stand for, something that may bring honor to our tribe, but takes away that which makes me who I am, takes away [b:2zt46pzg]my[/b:2zt46pzg] honor, my [b:2zt46pzg]dignity[/b:2zt46pzg], my [b:2zt46pzg]morality[/b:2zt46pzg], huh? How can you, or anyone in our tribe, ask me to violate this woman as such, just for a the sake of our society, in order to achieve unification of some other tribe. You, and all of our tribe, ask me to become an object, and to make this young woman, whom had [b:2zt46pzg]no[/b:2zt46pzg] choice in this decision as well, an object, something with no consciousness of her own. How far are we all willing to go for honor, for the tribe, when it sacrifices the very essence of who we are?"

Without further waiting, Veraka shifted his weight and proceeded back to camp, whilst letting his words sink into his brothers skull. [i:2zt46pzg]Some things just can't be explained to those who do not wish to understand.[/i:2zt46pzg] He thought to himself.

=========================

Neriah chuckled slightly to Finrae's response; as always, the lieutenant knew how to crack a joke. At what she said about some 'armored tank' showing up, and saying that he was here, and to see [b:2zt46pzg]her[/b:2zt46pzg]; something didn't add up.

"Hmm, now why would a juggernaut, if your description is as true as you say it is, show up, at our doorstep, looking for me. Odd, I wonder if it's yet another male that I must seduce in order to make him leave me alone?" The fey'ri laughed lightly at her own lude comment.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Wary of the behavior being witnessed, Aramut mentally questioned the yawning, for he had always thought that the elves, all varieties, meditated, rather than slept. He would not wear the suspicion on his face though, expression turning only to a slight grin, "Spoken like a true mage, no need or room in the arcane ways for the notions of gods, and a divine plan. Do you make your own path, or did the gods craft you to be as you are, and the choices you appear to make on your own, just another part of the grand design? Supposing we even have free will, how are we to know when we actually exercise it? Even if a god were to come down and oppose our every action, can we call this free will, or did they use reverse psychology in order to influence us into doing what they want, by making us to believe we were exercising our free will? An ultimately depressing question, and best to accept that those things that happen outside your control, are fate, your free will only exists within those things you have control over."

The hour late, the evening's meal done, and his companion jackals fast asleep, Aramut found himself beginning to yawn, and yet he'd not rest, just yet, casting circles of protection, one to ward off Chaos, and a second to ward off Evil. It is then, and only then, that between the pair of jackals he'd summoned earlier, does he lie down, and let sleep take him. Last thoughts on his mind, a prayer to Anubis, the same one as with every night, preparing himself for death as if every evening were his last. The desert after all, is a dangerous place to let one's guard down.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

it came to the Jackel

Inriia, smirked, "I have met the Masked Lord, or an avatar of him, even saved my life im sure of. but yet, here I am. I am supose to be part of many plans Uncle Jezz has for our house and," she paused purposefully to not give out anything of the plans she knew about, "even if there is just an illusion of this free will, I'm having fun anyway." leaning up and stretching, tho in truth she was a free spirit (CN), there was more to that below the surface of the conversation.
"you think to much about it. thats why you wont have free will. I, I just dont care. If it fits my fancy, then sure why not. If not, who cares. sometimes, they can suck a toad."

====

he stood there, his breath heavy from exhaustion. his eyes were blurred from who knew what. smoke and dust mixed with heat and...blood. hand wiping away the moisture on his fur, which quickly struck him as odd considering canines dont sweat. a look to his hand showed correctly, dark blood. he didnt feel injured, and most importantly, he didnt remember- anything.
finally able to open clearly, he looked around, a village on the edge of the desert, the foothills of a mountain range separating desert from open green plains. turning around, he saw the carnage, the [i:3hxgm7nk]mess [/i:3hxgm7nk]left behind. suddenly dying sobs and cries pleading for help filtered into his ears. some confuison was still in his grogy mind. it felt like a rage that had expired, which caused him to fall to his knees.
sounds of running was from behind, drawing closer, and calling out to him with concern. at the moment, the jackel couldnt tell who it was.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

(dream, V and N continue)

"you still cant see that all your thinking of is yourself. 'my, my, my,'."
closing the conversation, the brother turned and also headed back. the walk was quiet, except for armor and weapon movements.

nearing, a gathering of folks were at the forest 'gate' waiting expectantly. preperations were finished, and angst and worry mixed with fear showed on many faces, while on others anger and thoughts of the second son a coward.
the father waited by his own dwelling, disppointment most clear as along with shame. he said nothing, just shook his head and headed to the large constructed feast hall for the final commencement of the union of the two and the tribes. a bonding that would strengthen them against the invading enemies that were planning their demise.
a wiff of a scent known only to one drew the aasimir's attention. tho where it came from was another thing.
====
the rogue have a 'yuck' look then shrugged a whatever. "you have strange taste, thats all i'm saying."
Finrae then turned and walked away leaving Neriah alone. when clearly out of any hearing and sight, a 'psst' was heard, pausing the elf. a magical barrior to scry and magic surrounded the rogue and shady figure.
"yes, I will have it set then. and no, she shouldnt suspect it then tho dont doubt she will always suspect it and thus be vigilent," the sun elf said then walked on twords the other side of the guild house.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

(it came to the sorceress)

((heads up, suday thru wednesday gunna be outta town and no internet access. welcome to continue the dream sequence during that time should you be stuck waiting on me))

the young drowess continued to fight the wearness coming over her. her mind thought something odd, tho she hadnt the slightest clue what. she looked around to each companion one last time, before laying down in her makeshift tent.
--
she broke to the surface of the large warm spring taking in a gulp of the fresh forest air. she wiped the excess water from her face. the darkness of the night was slowly fading and dawn was drawing near. the most of the keep was settling in to bed. and this location was mostly secluded, the sounds far in the background made the place rather quiet.
She looked around, her clothes and stuff piled over on the shore next to the figure partially hidden. another figure, larger framed and bigger bulk sat down next to the other and joined in watching over the water. her keen eyes spotted the heat signature of the other in a tree squatting on the thick branch.
her hands wiped across her head removing excess water now. She began swimming back twords the shore, taking her time and humming a dark tune heard often the in keeps equivalent to a tavern.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

long overdue, school work's been keeping me locked in work)

However he fell to sleep, was hard to say. The dream however that he was experiencing, was the absolute reason why he despised slumber. Meditation was his preferred means of sleep, though the dream was familiar. Disturbingly so, the voice however agitated him almost making his blood seethe perhaps even boil in his own blood lusting rage. Despite the confusion he could feel the old enjoyment stirr a feeling he did not enjoy now in his current age. With the dream he fought the urge to do what he had done ages ago. That was to lick the blood from the blade. He'd speak flatly" Naturally, I know how to do my job. Who. Are you?"

While the paladin had his own rage issues, zek's rage was deeper, focused perhaps even primordial. His mentors on the surface had names for it, but it was clear he could do his job without issue through the channeling of things. It was the core reason why he was so deadly. He was biding his time to find a means to lash out against whomever was causing this. Revenancer be damned, he'd make it known that vengeance would be paid.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

(dream, Zek continue)

((this doesnt seam like a dream. since in a way its more than one. so everything in it is what is real to the character at the moment. later when out of it will anyone realize it wasnt true))

((hey, no problems. i understand.))

she paused in her sentance, stepping closer and more into sight. a beautiful face of a powerful matron mother; and not just any, his own. she stood in a velvet sheer black robes, a matron crown/headpiece (i dont know what its called) containing a blood red ruby. her hair hung in loose curls and released a fragence of musk like incense. on her hips was a metallic silver belt with the same rubies. she shook her head with a 'tsk tsk' sound.
"ungrateful jaluk," her dark sultry voice said, "how do you forget your own mother."
she stood less than two feet away, her eyes dark with...something. he wasnt sure at the moment. She then began circling him, a finger on his armor whilst so.

the sorceress in the corner began to stir, but she did nothing more than breath sharply as she attempted to open swollen eyes. only one opened enough to peek out, the crimson orbs seen using their darkvision.

the matron paused, on his left side, to turn and look over at the female in the corner.
"it seams you have yet to finish."
just then the faces of the dead were visible. faces vagely familiar. an aasimir that took alot of work to finish, a feyri who but up a good spell battle. a dog man. then some of the others were seen, (think other companions from his past). near the female was a ranger (the one who taught Zek. i dont recall his details. will edit to fix)
the ranger's heart had an unusal throb of something unfamilar to him. the matron picked up on it quickly.
"finish her," she said, the force of the command almost impossible to resist.
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

His mind swirled, while the eb and flow of pain in his throbbing head dazed him.

[i:3myvwucc][sub:3myvwucc]How had this happened? In all his life as a Priest, following the will of Anubis, he had never been given to such wanton slaughter. Something must have spurred him to action. They must've harmed or threatened someone dear. They...[/sub:3myvwucc][/i:3myvwucc]

And then his thoughts paused, as thoughts of his mate struck him. The human she had once been hated him, before she was changed, and for awhile after, but in time, those feelings were transformed as was her mind, and his affections and kind treatment made them a pair. In all the world, he could only imagine slaying so many for her sake. The dead, he had no place to raise them, the dying had earned their plight if his fears could prove true. He would return to give them funerary rites, if need be, later.

First matter was to see if he could stand, and check himself for wounds, if necessary stripping himself of clothes and using them to clean blood away to be sure it's not his own. The voice in the distance, calling to him... was of little concern. It was too alien for someone who can speak his name, to be concerned for him. His fellow priests would not keep him from death if he was soon to find it, his own kind wouldn't show such concern. No, he puts the voice from his mind, dismissing it as a figment of his imagination, distorting the chorus of pleading cries.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

(dream Aramut continue)

the female slowed, as she noticed the priest checking himself. He found nothing major, mostly minor cuts and scrapes from feeble weapons. a few spots of burnt like patches of fur from minor spells. flashes hit his mind.
an attack, a fight, then blank again. turning around, the female was very familar, one he knew so well. again she called with concern, at least it seamed. he might have noticed a slight difference, something off. but most would have not mind it in their condition, for it was only a split second.
she then started to sprint, slowing before colliding.
"I was worried," she replied before grabbing him up in a tight hug.

the silent signal.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

There was a familiar sneer at the comment." Ungrateful matron, I do the work with no thanks. I can kill you." Listening to the rest he narrowed his eyes and they shifted over this mother of his. It was something he had wanted to do, so long ago was to kill her for what he had endured. Blade in his hand he shot his hand out fast in a strong strike, his other hand ready to follow up and end this so called dream of his. Whether he'd finish everyone off in this dream of his, who knew. It was a good chance that he could and probably would even as much as he could just walk away.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

(dream, sorceress continue)

Inriia's feet touched the sandy-rocky bottem as she neared shore. the slow fade to golden colors of approaching dawn behind her. she walked along, her dark [i:eg3w8eqv]flawless [/i:eg3w8eqv] and unclad form stepping up out of the water at a slow pace, her hands pulling her long silvery hair up off her neck. her hands fell beside her as she was on the shore, kneeling down to reach for the large towel.
the first of her companions looked at her, his eyes glowing almost hungerly, with the use of his darkvision. a slight grin was forming. the other figure, a large warrior watched, waiting. the man in the tree hopped down, also waiting.
"you missed the warm water," she started, the towel rubbing over the silver strands.
"I dont think I've missed anything," he said gruffly. his fingers snapped. the others companions coming to attention and began moving in, surrounding her.
Inriia began growing suspicious, as she always was, but her mind still wasnt registering that these folks she's been working with were up to anything.

were they?

"uh...guys..." she started, the towel clutched in her hands stopped moving. the companion who'd been in the tree began chanting the words to a spell.
the sorceress dropped the towel to begin her own, but the tall cleric finished and the area was nulled of magic, her spell fizzling out. Instantly she moved into a defensive position.

she threw the first punch, socking the cleric in the jaw hard and kicking out twords another's groin. She managed a few glancing blows, but the large warrior moved in first. his large powerful hands clamped around her tiny arm, allowing the cleric to take his spot so he could wrangle her kicking legs.

His fist made contact with her stomach, a blow nearly folded her in half. one now with her other arm allowed the other to get her into a choker hold and the three dragged her to the ground roughly.
her eyes were wide in mixed horror and fear, but betrayel was the most clear emotion showing up as she tried to struggle. the choke hold was slowing her down, the oxygen not able to get to her brain as she begain slipping into a unconsciouness.

he had been closest to her. had formed a closer bond than she'd ever known. now he drew closer.
"all alone and no one hear your cry for help."
Inriia's struggle continued to lessen beneath their weight, her pinned up arms up above her head and one holding her feet. their grip like vices, nearly crushing the bones of her arms; a burning sensation as the nerves and joints screamed for release.

the males mocked her as he stood over her prone form, straddling her. no matter how much she tried, she couldnt break their grip. suddenly his face was no longer a cloaked shadow. no it was someone she knew form long before. a face that still her with fear.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

(dream, ranger continue)

the matron suspected his actions, the blade coming for her heart. but she was not stupid. and the magical barriors stopped the blade from doing damage.
"still as feisty as ever," she mocked, moving swifty into the shadows of the cavern as his second hand came at her. "one does not become a powerful matron to fall to such child like tricks."
remaining in a cloud of shadows, the room was lit with a dull glow. inside the chapel. the spider motifs minor, tho very much dark elven in design.
"you cannot not become what you are. how long can you keep your bloodlust down?" she called from her position, "look at the work you've already done," her voice crackling with dark and wicked glee, almost proud, if a matron could ever be of a male child.
images flashed in his mind like a painful jult.
"now, finish!" she siad again, "the female on one altar, the other male on another."

((im not sure what exactly the wakening of the blood is, so i imagined it as a bloodlust kinda thing where it makes you wanna kill all and any, even companions and allies. if that wasnt what then you might have to direct it that way.))
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Many a human had occasionally stricken Aramut as familiar from time to time, some because they often looked so much alike, very few had he bothered to take any time to recognize differences. This one, initially seemed so different, and when she embraces him so, his response is could-shouldered, shrugging her off and pressing her back, "I don't know you, human, and I can hardly imagine why you should fear for me. Your people have never cared for my company, not even as I favored a path apart from the ways of my race. Now, I must return to my temple and assure ALL of my pack is well and safe."

Looking around at the carnage, he adds, "You may accompany me if you wish, it's a one way trip, but most here will not survive the hour, and there are too many for me to help. May the desert take them swiftly, and give them peace eternal. You on the other hand, yet live, and stand a better chance surviving with me than with them.