Vale of Shadows Part 6

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((short post to give a chance for others to catch up.
if V wasnt to have Neriah's camel missing just so they can ride together...then theres you some RP character development and story line stuff for his future wife...))

Inrii comfortable on the camel, and arms on the rangers waist, they were off again. They traveled a good many hours in mostly quiet, making up lost time for the fight. Nothing else attempted anything on the dangerous group.
the human spent much of the quiet ride keeping tabs of the jackel still trying to sort out everything he knew and was taught with today's experience.
Night settled, the air near freezing in the desert with the heat of the sun gone. Her piwafwi was wrapped around her. and the extra body heat keeping her rather warm, she didnt need to use a spell yet.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Not at all unaware of the many looks received, particularly from his fellow desert dweller, Aramut could not resist chuckling to himself for having harbored any notion the Bedine would be so quick as to accept him, even IF one of his kinsmen had been brought back from an untimely death, and returned to his people. The glances from aasimar and fey'ri come across as a sign that he might have to explain himself some time, doubtful the roguish female will be able to resist curiosity for long.

With Zek's approving greeting, he offers a partially jesting, "Anubis help me!"

As for the rest of the journey until setting of camp, he is quiet, and spends the journey mentally preparing himself for the known risks of long journeys through the wastes, including prayers to his god, to find peace in the next life, should he not survive this journey. A dour attitude to be sure, but for him, it is a thing he looks forward to, albeit makes no effort to actually pursue. As the walking comes to an end, and camp is being set, he begins his own preparations, beginning with casting [b:1kwow6sq]Create Food and Water[/b:1kwow6sq] with spectacular effect (racial caster level stacks with class caster level), as the spell generates what could be considered nothing less than a feast, with food enough to provide everyone with eight servings each. And then, he calls upon an innate power, summoning a pair of jackals from the desert, and with each establishing domination over them. He will need his rest to prepare his spells for the upcoming day, after all, and trusts them more than these other people, to alert him to danger.

With his two new feral additions to the party, the serving count is slightly diminished, but no one will go hungry, or thirsty this night, and will not have to dip into their rations.

As for the cool of the desert night, he and his companions, naturally hold in heat better, and keeping close company, the trio of jackals, help keep each other warm. Cautious for now though, despite however welcome he has been so far, he still eats, and sets off by himself, keeping a distance from these elves, humans, and the like. Some he knows have their heads filled with tales that make him seem frightening, and others not entirely yet sure what to make of him, his race, and the powers he seems to have without having to use conventional spell-casting. They will welcome his company fully, sooner or later, or not. To this his attitude seems indifferent.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((yall gunna laugh. a year later, i realize i been leaving the '[i:20zznaf6]a[/i:20zznaf6]' off the short part of her name. Inriia is what i was supose to spell this whole stinkin time since thats the syllabus break up of her name- enchanted chaotic rebel her whole first name and enchanted chaos her short form of her name. oh well. so if you see it spelled different thats why))

at about midnight, the group came to a defensible area. large boulders and many cacti around. the air was just above freezing and the sky clear with all the sapphires dotting the black blanket of the sky.
the cleric having checked out the spot nodded that it was good. camp is set, tho they wont be long, at dawn they will head out- or so the plan is. the cleric intends to arrive at his desination today. one step closer.
with the others setting up and getting comfortable he notices the jackel fix dinner.

the air was...strange. tho nothing detectable to anyone. unknowingly above any ability to detect it draws near.
an essence.
Inriia slid off the Zek's camel also doing a perameter sweep and setting a couple small noise traps. She then came back seeing the newest member at work. near a large boulder she sat her bag and a small (pop) tent, that held a couple folks, was taken out and in the process of being put up. ((i wonder if anyone brung a tent. tho people can share. haha the cleric and Aramut might have to share one...hehe))

the cleric pulls out a small berry plant, orange and red colored. setting it in the center, he cast a small flame to it and it lit up. not large, but the warmth was instant and very discernible. the differance comfortable and pleasent.
"less noticable, tho still risky here," the human said. he looked over to the food. after a mental battle, he expressed gratitude and reached for a plate.

Inriia's tent up, she laid on her stomach looking out the front open part at the now lit tiny fire and the small feast.
"alright," the young drowess said to the jackel, "some kind of explaination might be nice..." leading him to explain self/introduce self.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

When they arrived at their camp he set up his own little traps around the perimeter things that were deadly, ungodly so. To the point one could wonder if he was humane in the least. something fiery, poisonous and just made for death. When it was all done he moved to the tent where inrii and the jackal were and settled down his back against a rock enjoying the warmth from it from the sun having beat on it all day. He just closed his eyes resting them, the strain of dealing with the sun all day annoyed him more than anything else. Sleep and him were bad bedfellows, it came rarely and when it was he slept lightly little things could wake him, so meditation was the only reliable form of rest he had.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka gave a Neriah a hand when the group finally arrived at their camp, despite the fact that he'd been riding with the fey'ri woman the entire time, which was more than a little unnerving for the paladin, despite the fact that Aurora kept giving him flak for it all the way till they had arrived at their makeshift camp.

"Thank you, my handsome paladin," Neriah cooed to the aasimar, making him flush red in his face; fortunately; he still had his helmet on, making it impossible for the others to even recognize his uneasiness at the comment. His breath forming steam as it came out of his platinum scale helm, Veraka felt his body core temp rising as he looked over Neriah's form as she started to settle herself down into the camp, making sure that she was [b:96fdg7n3]away[/b:96fdg7n3] from Inrii and Zek.

The aasimar found himself sitting down a ways away from everyone, more than a little curious why Neriah was so. . . . . [i:96fdg7n3]upfront[/i:96fdg7n3] about her getting with him, and all that that implied. Veraka leaned back against one of the large boulders, the heat from the cooked rocks providing a soothing relaxation for his tense muscles in his back. Veraka eventually just fell asleep where he sat, not even taking off his helm. In his full platinum dragon scale armor, the aasimar looked more like an inert golem than a paladin, though with Aurora plopped down near him, that thought would be short-lived.

====================

Neriah, as soon as she was at least settled in, went over to where the newly arrived Arumut had created a very appetizing dinner; she grabbed herself a plate's worth of food, and then went back to her area, her eyes constantly watching Veraka where he was.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((for those resting already. and while i got my homework done. it will affect upon entering rest. so ogrim you can still chat a with inriia before your 'dream' occurs. the others are at rest so i will have theirs going in order they posted.
i hope this works out well and get interest back into the RP.))

it drew closer, the presence of so many persons. everyone would eventually subcome to it, no matter how strong the will or how many protections were up. the stronger the will, the hard the fight and better it would invade. if it could smile with wicked glee, it would have. It slip thru as easy as air and just as undectable.
they would not know what hit them.

((im not gunna play out the cleric's dream. if anyone is bored enough, feel free to write it.))
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((alright bear with me in this. i'm gunna attempt this as best as i can))

[b:2l25kdfy]first it came to the ranger-[/b:2l25kdfy]

the place was a dark cavern not far below the surface. the presure was not the opressive underdark he'd been away from so long. a number of bodies lay around, all torn apart by...something not normal, awoken inside the man.

at first the scattered dead appeared...like nobodies, just shells of something that once lived, countless enemies slain at the end of a blade thru the long years of immortal life. but somehow the ranger assassin would know them, did know them. companions? allies? possibly friends? loved ones? it didnt seam real yet it did. a hand wiped across his own brow smearing the splattering on dark skin. Zek shook slightly, his mind in mild confusion at what occured.

a crackling in the distance of a familial voice. husky yet feminine with power. the darkness suddenly grew deeper blood felt like it was at a boiling point and a deep pain tugged and ran thru his body like the scars that were there.

the shadow of the feminine figured neared, her pace slow and methodical, magical aura radiating all around her. in the corner against the cavern wall, unconscious and the only one still alive among the bodies, the sorceress. she'd been beaten up and ravished to near death, covered in blood herself.

the foot steps in the impenetrable darkness halted and waited.
"well done," it started in a congratotory note and her words about to finish the sentance

((a chance to ask whats going on or whatever before she finishes her statement.))
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

[b:1aolz74a]it came to the aasimir- [/b:1aolz74a]

inside the tent the breeze fluttered. silvery orbs opened feeling the thick furs of the bed below his barely clothed body. the smell of sweat, fire, meat, and a tinge of blood, smells associated with the barbarian tribe. the aasimir sat up, the blacket covering his abdomen.
"its about stinkin time you lazy bum, no time to lose" the male fatehr figure said cracking the covering of the door to the warrior's tent.
Veraka grumbled before looking around in panic. then back to the cracked door.
"i'm getting, i'm getting."

the tent flap closed and he wiped his forehead. he remembered what happened last night all too well. tho how it came about he didnt know. he had been betrothed to a woman from a warring tribe and a treaty had been reached thru a political marriage. yet the young aasimir had protested every way he could before honor and duty caused him to give in and agree.

but another woman, not of a tribe had caught his attention and enraptured the aasimir. a seductress with secret plans of her own.
she reappeared in sight, nowing to be discovered so soon would blow it. even if she was beginning to question the plan. she was to find someone weak will and easily manipulated, and most importantly not to actually fall for them. but as the weeks drew near and her affair with the man had became more. and now today she was supose to carry out the last step. to finish the job.
Veraka smiled and wrapped his arms around her to pull her close. he was thinking of running away now, away with her and forgetting his duty. the fey'ri pulled away slightly and he furred his brow in confusion.
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

[b:812h0uv4]it came to the Fey'ri-[/b:812h0uv4]
((for this you gotta play just neriah. sorry its less developed as the others. im still trying to get something here. i got the main idea))

She stood in the room. a large talon carved into a plaque with a small orb inside above her head- the symbol of Raven's Claw. her and her co-conspirator had just had it out. the albino drow was making plans behind her back, the official face of the leader. She knew that Alya was always secretly working for the church of the masked lord. but before it had never caused problems. Alya was up to more than her usual tricks, and she felt that she might be in the way. Neriah knew what drow did to no longer useful allies.
she paced the room allowing a small girlish dream of that someone coming and sweeping her off her feet. she grunted shaking her honey colored locks. why was that stinking thought seeping in again. She didnt need a man to rescue her!
a fist punched the wall, knocking the plaque to the floor. it hit with a clang that resounded throughout the room. another frustrated sigh.
a knock on the door brung her from her thoughtful state.
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Off by himself, Aramut sat, enjoying familiar and trusted company of his feral kin, nearly any jackal in the desert a guaranteed friend to him. These two would not compete with him for his meal, nor would he allow either to have to fight with each other, seeing to it both appetites are satisfied. There is not the communion between he and them as there is between paladin and wolf, but for what there is, he shows an understanding and caring affection toward the feral intellects, as proper a pack alpha as a humanoid could be. The sharing of this kinship is not all together disrupted, however distracted, by the surprising gratitude of the Bedine cleric, and then a request for an 'explanation'.

He glances first toward Aurora, curious if the wolf has been watching, then either way, nods toward Inriia, "I will assume your question does not pertain to where the food came from, and that you wish to know why I elect to travel with you. The simple version of it is, you're a curiosity, traveling through an expanse of land that I claim as territory for myself. I would see you through it, even if I must travel with one who believes he knows me because of the wicked ways of most of my race. Anything more than that, perhaps it is not my place to say, but I have a feeling, you're not meant to die, quite yet. Even though, I am still debating whether it is luck or fate that you survived the Winder at all. Better to circumvent the beast, than get its attention."
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

(chattin in camp in the desert)

"i have access to magic. and I live among those devoted to the church," meaning those of clerical abilities, "so I can figure out where such food can come from."
the sorceress was propped on her elbows, glances around to her companions. it was strange, they were in a deep rest. which brung her attention to how sleepy she was feeling. but she shrugged it off, fighting agaisnt it in the meantime while listening to the jackal.
"oh, so territorial then? and aint there a saying about curosity?" she jested, yawning slightly, her mind getting more groggy than before.
"fate?" she chuckled, "I make my own path."
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka was back with his tribe, and was already [b:308h8knt]married[/b:308h8knt]. This was not something to which he had agreed to go through with, but his father had helped persuade him that it was a necessity.

Still he felt that it was more of a nuisance than anything else; even to go as far as to mock the tribe's shaman, openly criticizing him about the idea that this marriage was needed. It wasn't like the young warrior to openly go against the tribal shaman, especially when such a delicate political maneuver had been accomplished. Still he had an obligation to the Black Lion.

The aasimar decided to stalk off into the surrounding woods, frustrated with his plight at that moment. Silent footfalls slowly followed him, which were blurred out from the aasimar warrior's heavy armor resounding with each heavy, solid step that he took. When Veraka made it to the more thickly wooded area, he just leaned up against a thick oak trunk, and took in a deep breath of air; though, something didn't [b:308h8knt]feel[/b:308h8knt] right about the air. True, the tribe was along the Sword Coast, but the air felt [b:308h8knt]hot and dry[/b:308h8knt], not cool, crisp, and bit chilly like it was around the Sword Coast, at least where his tribe was supposed to be.

Still, Veraka just shook his head, not caring for whatever happened next.

"You [b:308h8knt]do[/b:308h8knt] know that it can be dangerous for one as young as yourself to be out and about alone," came a seducing, yet sweetening voice from behind the tree.

The aasimar didn't have to turn a quarter of the ways around before he met the eyes of his mistress, crimson burning orbs of raw passion. Her slender arms encircled his neck, and her lips met his in a kiss of desire. He embraced her, pulling her close as his heartbeat multiplied upon itself, his blood surging. Finally, she let go, and whispered "you [b:308h8knt]do[/b:308h8knt] know that tonight is going to be a the feast to celebrate the unification of your warring tribe with your enemy's, right?"

The aasimar merely nodded, a small smile forming on his face.

"I'll be waiting for you not far from here.. . . " with that, the woman vanished as fast as she had appeared, leaving Veraka to ponder the thought with a slight grin.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

(in Veraka's Vale dream sequence)

the father figure headed back to the tent, this time not caring about privacy. flinging aside the cloth of the door, the light filtered in showing the empty bed.
"if that boy..." he started to grumble. already much was at stake. he just could not figure out that big-headed son. His other sons had taken their respective places and roles within the tribe.
He turned to see the worried wife standing behind quiet tho she wanted to say so much.
he looked back to the wife, "fetch Aldar," his tone sharp and edged with seething anger that had been boiling for months.

the older son, one of the quietest, tho still loud compared to say an elf, moved swiftly thru the woods. a decent tracker, he picked up the trail.
in the distance he saw the unmistakable form of the large younger brother. about to rush over, he saw the...some demoness, enchanting Veraka! He turned, back against the tree facing away from the two. his breath was sharp and quick in almost panic. pulling the ax from his belt, he was about to turn and charge, but she was gone. still confused, he waited a few more seconds, slowing his breathing allowing the scowl to grow along with the anger he saw in his father.
the brother turned sharply, ax still in hand, and stomped twords the aasimir.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka, still caught up in his thoughts, barely noticed one of his clans trackers, and his family member, to boot, stalking up to him.

[i:24x4becy]Great; just when I thought I was gonna start having an acceptable day,[/i:24x4becy] he thought to himself as he bumped himself off of the tree trunk he'd been leaning up against.

"So what has you furious and limbering around with your weapon out like an enraged battle-ox, hmm?" Veraka asked his older brother, genuinely curious about what he was doing out here, but nonetheless weary of his drawn weapon, the reason to why Veraka kept his own hand not far from his sword's hilt.

================

Neriah looked around, unsure as to [b:24x4becy]who[/b:24x4becy] would be knocking for her this time of night, especially given her newly acquired status.
With a flustered sigh, she got up, her bat-like wings folding inward, and her tail twitching in anxiety, she walked over to the door.
Unlocking the few latches that were there, the fey'ri opened the door to see one of the guilds more loyal elven rogues, and one of her more personal favorites among the thieves and bandits of the Raven's Claw.

"Finrae; what is the meaning of this disturbance? I've much to worry about, and if this is not of significance, I'll be frustrated, to say the least."
The Fey'ri arched a brow, and put on her 'make-it-quick' expression.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

(dream V and N continue)

Aldar paused 5 ft from his younger brother. all the families men were the clan's best in some form of fight. Veraka's, in raw strength while Aldar more subtle swift, fast and hard.
he was speechless still, only unbelievable sounds escaping his mouth, while the anger grew to disgust mixed with disappointment.
"HOW...COULD...YOU?!?" he managed to get out, "your tribe, your people, YOUR FAMILY?!? to do what, consort with demons?"

====
Finrae, the thin whisp of sun elf, cocked a hip with a mused expression herself. her leather armor that of the guild, deep black like midnight, silver studs inbeded and a talon ingraved in the shoulderpad. her coppery hair was cropped at her high cheekbones at a sharp angle, a single streak of purple rebelling. her hazel eyes filled with a mirth unusual among the clan members.
"oh, grumpy. bad timing I see," Finrae smarted off, "well, its almost time. your team will be heading out first apparently."
Finrae knew the argument previously, so it was amusing to her to watch the fey'ri's reaction to the disagreed course. but she was just the messenger, at the moment.