Vale of Shadows Part 6

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Coming up upon windrunner and its prey, Veraka instantly felt the berserker stir inside of himself. He wasn't suspecting how quick or how random and spontaneously it would erupt from the depths of his soul.

His eyes glowing red with unnatural wrath and fury boiling inside them, the aasimar let loose a howl of unnerving power. Rage seething from hiim, Veraka instantly charged the worm, bringing Marala Vharc up and around in a horizontal power attack, putting every once of his strength and fury into the blow right as Inrii's fireball impacted.

Neriah, at first, was caught off-guard when the aasimar let loose his roar of rage, but quickly regained her senses, and prepared an [i:3gnb5yj1]Ice Strom[/i:3gnb5yj1] to hurl at the worm, whilst Aurora bolted out alongside Veraka and kept ready to unleash her frost breath, should Veraka need it.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

the arrows struck, adding to its own spikes, but didnt effect the ticked monster. the cleric worked on healing the random man but his injuries took him to soon. unable to revive him he turned twords the Dunewinder seeing the jakel now joining in.
"no!" he hollared at the extended arm from the jakel to Zek. the cleric rolled out of the way of maw of the worm. the ice storm now raining down on it an otherworldly noise screeched from the cold. he was hurting now.
Inrii seeing that her taunt didnt do anything added her own ice storm to the mess.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

First priority for canid cleric, not being the lives of strangers, needed hear only one "No" and no less from a person of a people that has shown neither him nor his jackals any hospitality. With a dismissive wave the offered hand is retracted and lowered to grab the near death first victim of the worm, and before the wall of sand collapses, into the substance of shadowstuff, he, his jackal, and the grabbed man become, slipping between the borders of the material and shadow planes together, gone and away, leaving the adventurers to their fate.

The other cleric shall surely spite him now, joke is on him, while existing half-way between two planes, the Dune Winder is no threat there, and allows him time and luxury to begin a series of castings, the first being [b:1iz3639f]Neutralize Poison[/b:1iz3639f] to prevent any poison from doing further harm. Next comes [b:1iz3639f]Death Watch[/b:1iz3639f] to discern how close to death the poor fool really is.

A momentary pause, concentrating upon the spell, and its outcome, brings a shake of the head, and the next two spells come with only a dour stoicism. [b:1iz3639f]Gentle Repose[/b:1iz3639f] to preserve the body followed up with [b:1iz3639f]Bull's Strength[/b:1iz3639f] so he may easily hoist the dead victim over his shoulder, and hurry along before the [b:1iz3639f]Shadow Walk[/b:1iz3639f] wears off. Only an hour away, is the Temple he seeks, an hour those he left behind will have to survive without, or not.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
[center:1iz3639f]-One hour later, and roughly 50 miles away-[/center:1iz3639f]

Out from between the boundaries of the two planes comes the Jackal Lord, self-named and yet-to-be introduced, Aramut, still carrying the dead human, into the blackened sands of his home, a Necropolis of all things, where most of the residents are dead and entombed. Up steps of stone and into an unimpressive (on the outside) temple to Anubis, he proceeds. Attendants are waved away, not about to have him prepared for embalming. Down the human is laid, and left, only to be returned to with a highly valued, and rarely used item. Fashioned of gold, a Rod of Resurrection in hand, he summons all his jackals a pack of ten, to surround and watch. Over the dead man the rod is waved, and the command word spoken, bringing him back from the dead, fully.

Before the revived human can act, and the moment his eyes are open, Aramut holds down his head, speaking into the man's ear, "I have saved your life, human. So before you stir, mind your manners, or I shall take back the gift of life, I've given you. Cause us no troubles, and I will return you to your people." He releases the human then, and steps away, growling in the unique beastial language of the Jackal Lords, to his jackals, setting most of them about giving their visitor room to rise, but to continue following, and watching him. The female yet remains at Aramut's side, whom calls back as he returns the rod to its rightful place, "Follow me." To the jackal at his side, "Ria, stay here, keep the others in line." Out he stretches his hand to the man, to guide him away.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The screech from the Winder only served to amplify Veraka's strength as his attack glanced off the worm's hide, as it dived at their cleric guide.

Deciding enough was enough, the Berserker within the aasimar let out a raging howl, and lunged at the beast, Marala Vharc driving hard for its maw.

The sword was deflected off of the worm as soon as its wicked edge made contact with it; the worm, still hurting from the twin [i:19dkrmvx]Ice Storms[/i:19dkrmvx] launched at it, turned to regard the wrath-filled aasimar and attacked, throwing itself at Veraka. The aasimar dived outta the way, rolling enough to just clear the Dunewinder's attack in time.

Before he got the chance to turn about, Veraka was swept off his feet as the worm tripped him up with its tail. The paladin landed on his back with an audible 'OUF'.
Right as the winder reared back to strike, a blast of icy power erupted from behind the worm, chilling it to subzero temps instantly, and giving the worm yet another reason to screech out in a howling pain.

Seeing his chance within a slowed timeframe, Veraka grasped Marala Vharc, got himself up, and lunged for the Winder, roaring as he did so. The worm was stupid enough to look at him, giving his sword the opening necessary to plunge tip first into its maw, and rip out the other side of the creature. The aasimar then put words into speech as he channeled Marala Vharc's storm smite into the Dunewinder, frying the beast with arcing bolts of white-hot electricity.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the frost damage did the worse bit, and added with the lightning and arrows (im assuming Zek still firing some) and the cleric's own careful attack it wasnt long before the killing blow took effect. the bedine priest didnt get to warn Veraka, even tho he wouldnt been heard thru the loud sounds of the wind and screeches of the Dunewinder.

with no chance or warning the creature pulled out its last trick, it exploded into a blast of poison spiked flesh. ((deals 12d4 points of piercing damage. injured by this attack, make Fortitude save or be poisoned)) [/size:3of1srss]
Inrii, her reflexes like a cat as well as being a bit in the back as the spell caster, managed to pull her piwafwi around her like a shield. the pieces of flesh still stung her. but thanks to her ring she found in the cave (early in the RP)[/size:3of1srss] she was protected from the poison.

the cleric knowing what was coming had his shield before him, but a few managed to hit him in the shoulder. he felt the poison seeping thru the small nicks in neck. so he began a neutralize poison spell for himself as well as the others.
--
the human in a strange land, unsure of what happened and totally out of his mind confused and with no options agrees to do as asked/told.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Sparing nothing to keep the his arrows going seeing the ice take affect he enchanted a couple of his with an ice spell to add the damage. Taking the pause in firing he directed the camel behind a dune some. Muttering to it to lay down it did and just in time. Dropping down he felt a couple pieces whiz through the air past his hair and some even nicking it. Holding still he'd wait till the wails were over and checked himself and the camel over. Finally he'd bring his mount over and dismounted to begin his 'fun' to hunt for any unfired poison tips and sacs to add to his arsenal of being a very deadly being." Maybe I can get enough to build an immunity..." He knew if he could make himself highly resistant or immune to as many toxins as he could it would make his work easier and also the lives of others more difficult.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

(You belittle yourself much too soon, and without even asking after me.)

Away into the darker recesses of the temple, Aramut leads the human, and holding that given hand securely, leads him once more to pass between the planes of Shadow and Prime Material, traveling upon the very border between them. Travel in this way goes by at great speed, in mere minutes, the many miles of two days hard travel flies by, and within a short time later, the walls of the man's city become visible. Outward from the Shadow Walk, Aramut comes, leading his passenger with him, back into the Prime Material, and as Shadow Walk tends to do, launched another hundred feet, landing both within walking distance of entering those walls. It is here, he releases the man's hand, and turns toward the desert, and in the direction of the band of travelers, and tells him, "Go human, back to your people. This is the last time I will save you from your eternal repose. And if you should speak of our encounter... I suppose I shall hope that you teach them that my kin are as diverse morally, and ethically as your own. Though I'll not be at all surprised, if you wish to express your gratitude by seeking my demise."

His supply of Shadow Walks for the day, exhausted, this man-jackal creature, this Jackal Lord, as they're called, a priest... a cleric, not so much of Death, but of Repose, strides toward the group who has managed to survive the Winder so far, and comes to them most of his prepared class spells changed out for healing and countering poison. He is arriving, only in the nick of time, to witness the 'foolish human', turn the Winder into a bomb of exploding poisonous spines. The racial arsenal of cleric spells however, he has wisely left unchanged from the norm, and hardly dressed or equipped to find cover from the anticipated death throes, quickly calls upon one of these, casting [b:2nn41y1k]Soul of the Waste[/b:2nn41y1k] (from Sandstorm), his body (and all possessions) melding into the sand at his feet, giving the spines that might have struck him, no target.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((then i will quickly apologize. its just i had many join then leave, so one just expects it to happen.
and yay you did come back! so i only need V's response and we can get on the road :)) ))

the human took off running, just ready to get out the nightmare that was this desert. while he got a distance, guilt hit him, and he called out a thanks in his native tongue. maybe the experince did something to him?
--
When the last bits were done flying, she stood back up to look around. Inrii heard the human hollar out after running, and she knew the dog guy (how she thinks of it for now) was back.
In the distance was the camel that survived and the cleric (healing anyone? neutralize poison?).
"well that just totally stinks. Stupid porcipine," still grumbling over the loss of the camel, or more the money spent on everything that was now a smuldering pile of ashes. She had the mountain climbing gear and all her desert gear just gone. Inrii kicked a stone onto the remains and turned back to her group.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka watched the worm howl out in pain, as Marala Vharc's storm smite did the worst to the beast, electrical bolts of brilliant energy arching up and down the Dunewinder. However, Veraka suddenly felt a very bad sensation well up inside of him.

Then within a split second, he was lifted up and thrown into the air, shards of serrated skin, poisoned as it were, hitting him with all the force of a landslide that could muster. The aasimar's only saving grace was the adamantine armor that he wore, and his brutal, physical upbringing among the Uthgardt barbarian tribes.

Veraka landed with a heavy grunt, sliding backwards until he skidded to a stop. Neriah came to his side, and offered him a hand up. The aasimar accepted the offered hand without question, though he was surprised by the power with which Neriah had behind her frame.

"Thanks," Veraka nodded to the fey'ri as he pulled himself up with her offered hand; "why do I . . ARRrrrrrr," Veraka clutched the side of his abdomen; bruising was already starting to occur under the the skin.
"Great," he muttered.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

The cleric hurried over to the warrior, the green(?) light of the spells effect working. when he was done he turned to the fey'ri if she needed it.
afterwards he then hurried over to the camels to round them up before to late. meanwhile he was looking for the jackel he saw reappear. He'd be less quick to judge him, but still be weary.

after a few minutes the cleric returned, four camels following.
"m'lady, since you lost your ride," he started bowing to her, "I am willing to allow you to ride with me."
Inrii looked at the man, raising a brow while crossing her arms trying to get at his intent, clearly not keen on the idea.
"thats ok."
he shrugged then hopped up on his camel, and turned westward waiting for the others.
the light was growing dim, as the sun was nearly set by now. the sandstorm had stilled twords the end of the battle and the air was still, growing chillier by the moment.
"we can ride till midnight then rest for a couple hours. I suggust dressing warmly as the temputure will be freezing," he said commandingly.
Ogrim
Maid
Maid

Post by Ogrim »

Aramut had not gone very far, but as a cleric, as well a dweller in the desert wilderness, adept of making good use of the environment, he is in fact very nearby, and once the human cleric's camel moves off a bit, the sand it had stood upon rises up in a vaguely humanoid mass, and growing ever more defined as the jackal and his belongings reform to their natural states. He glances to Inrii, and proposes, "If you prefer to ride, he could spend the night as one of my feral kin. It will give me time to make other arrangements for you, Dark One."
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

When the carnage subsided he brought the camel back around from behind the nearby dune. Looking to the scene." She lost her camel? She can ride mine, don't mind, will make due with other means even if I walk alongside." He offered, rarely generous in this sense.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka nodded at the cleric for the healing, and then turned to Neriah and Aurora, but when they both shook their heads, he shrugged and started on over towards Inrii and Zek.

At the odd voice, the aasimar, fey'ri and winter wolf spin around to regard the newcomer. Veraka and Neriah come to find themselves both transfixed upon the jackal when he spoke up. They both glanced at each other unknowingly, and then back to the jackal.

However, Veraka, upon hearing Zek's suggestion, nodded in agreement.
"The faster we get moving, the better I'll feel. Don't wanna end up getting ambushed by another creature of the desert."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

all the attention, she didnt know what to think. The cleric turned slightly twords the jackel waiting to see if the others of the group he was with was just gunna allow him. closest to the paladin, he leaned over and whispered asking about being sure allowing the newest to join.

"Agreeed," she said, her hand extended to Zek to hop up on his camel with him.
"If you are coming," she called to Aramut, "then keep up."
another desert guide might be useful, especially after they drop off the human at the dried waterbed. chances are he might have an idea about this place they were looking for.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching the scene he looked briefly to the jackal for a moment before looking to her and took hand and helped her up onto the camel." Welcome aboard."
Site, story being redone