Vale of Shadows Part 6

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding to her" Right.. I'll add that to the very long list of famous last words. And no, I highly doubt they'd let our little party in willingly. I do have my means of negotiations... as Veraka saw while we were leaving the city." Thinking a moment" Through under around or over doesn't matter." Shooting his attention to the wolf and the others, he just shook his head muttering" Hells and the void take me, talking of being parents already you two?" He knew he'd catch some flak from it." Aww the grizzled rampaging one talking about starting a family already? No, I will not babysit, no I will not help in raising. I'll train to fight, that is about it."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Inrii chuckled to the ranger and Veraka's comments, till Neriah spoke.
starting off and leading them south along the foot hills of the mountains. the dry desert air was warmer than the other side, and the ground mostly sand and emptyness. the desert they say extened well beyond even the sight of the drow keen eyes.

When the group approached the old or-run mine, they’d lay eyes upon twin skull-mounted, bone-reinforced heavy gates. Thick tree trunks imprted from the other side of the mountains acted as the main support for the gates, which made the mine entrance seem more like the entrance to an underground fortress built by war-scarred shield dwarves.

Behind the gates and off to the side a little before the mine entrance, stood a simple, but efficient camel pin. Not exactly the prettiest hold in the Realms, but able enough to keep the stubborn desert camels from running about.

Just before the camel pin, but on the opposite side, lay tents, many of which had a few tables each with goods lined upon them. Desert thrift stores and pawn shops, the local rabble might call them, but those tents were as much needed as the stubborn, somewhat smelly camels that lay just a distance away from them, but down-wind as well.

Up in the cliffs, some buildings, fashioned from local clay mixed with whatever rain water came in, as well as few other ingredients, among them certain non-mentionables. The buildings and dwellings, though simple and crude in design, did the two things that were intended of them, keep the elements out during the summer and the heat in during the winter. However, to the war-trained eye, one would notice a few choice look-out positions atop a few of the buildings, as well as couple choice sniper spots for archers to rain down death from above, should any unwanted people come calling.

((i guess i can thank V for the better discription than what i had...tho i did find mine))
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching the sight he kept quiet mostly though he was observing the situation. He had seen some nomadic bazaars on the Shaar. One of which many moons ago he scorched to the ground, because one they were humans and two, they had stolen things from ruins that belonged to his ancestors before the fall. The drow should have them, not humans. That said he took all the goods and hoarded them and sold few sparingly. Snorting at a scent that he got he looked over seeing the camels. Muttering something along the lines of the strench of his sister's reanimated smelled better....
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Shut it ranger; besides, at least she's only [b:mkwo5qwr]half-insane[/b:mkwo5qwr]; unlike you're idea for a date."

"And you; an uncle, I must say Zek, I would be shocked. And an uncle who would teach my kids how to fight with two weapons, well, I won't say no to that. Maybe the young ones will get Eli to come outta her box, though I gotta say, I can't see the furball with her fur ruffaled." Veraka heard Neriah chuckle from behind him just as Aurora perked her ears up and said [i:mkwo5qwr]Furball; Where?!?[/i:mkwo5qwr]. (([url=http://veraka.deviantart.com/favourites ... s:mkwo5qwr]pic idea[/url:mkwo5qwr]))

With that, Veraka burst out in laughter just as Aurora's ears perked up.

At Zek's comment, Neriah replied, "is that a dare?", a smirk/grin etched on her tan face, her crimson eyes daring the ranger to reply.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii brung her hands up into a neutral position showing she wasnt planning anything. the looks from many of those keenly on the drow and the large human looking man. the folks didnt mind trading with dangerous races, but they werent stupid either. they were keenly prepared for hostile actions.

a short man, shorter than Inrii- which was saying alot for the 5'5" drowess who was tall for her race, greeted them. he was tan, the years of exposure to the sun obvious along with the wrinkled skin and greying hair and beard. a long, flowing scarlet robe shielded the man's skin from the sun and allow air to reach the body its loose-fitting form to prevent immediate sweat evaporation. his turban was held with a leather band and was also a rich scarlet color and embroidered with azure threads in patterns of geometric shapes. the sash, matched the thread of the hood, in a bright color and also embroidered with simular patterns of a reddish thread. he was clearly of some importance since others were wearing less rich colors.
"welcome trav'lors," he said, his accent heavy and thick as his bushy beard. he was eager for shoppers. and considering that there was little else, the clan would make good profit.

others in their stalls stood up eager to assist and well as sell goods. there was one with waterskins and other liquid storage. another selling dried goods and foods. between the two was a shop of supplies like ropes, mountain gear and leather goods. a gap in the tents showed another tent with riding equipment, stationed alone, closer to the camels. a smaller tent of a tan canvas stood next to the pen's gate with a board and a foreign script. the woman sat leaning in her seat watching the group. if they were going in the desert, then they would come by her tent.

Inrii nodded to the man who greeted them, "here to buy supplies only," she said. the man signaled and then indicated for them to follow.
"alright, we can split up and meet back at the camels. I suggest we remember that prices will be higher as there is no competition with other shops."
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

(Dang, sorry it took me so long to reply here. Been i nthe hospital and didnt have internet but im back now :P).

Vel silently followed their guide out of the forest, quietly listening to the various conversations and sometimes chuckled at the group's antics. Its been a long while since he was in a group and he felt fond memories surfacing from the depths of his mind. So far he decided to shut up, since Zek didnt seem to like him that much and he had poisons. Experience told him that one should not provoke a man with poison at his disposal. He smiled to himself a bit and then returned to the matter at hand, as they finally reached the mines.

Surprisingly they were actually greeted in a civil way, something that he wasnt used to outside of his homeland. Hearing Inrii say that they could split up he gave her a nod and rubbed his palms together. "Let's see what they have here, i have a good sum of coins ot waste."
Vel''bol zhah veirus, shlu''ta tlu pahntus. Vel''bol zhah velkyn, shlu''ta tlu muth. Vel''bol zhah dossta... shlu''ta tlu usst.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((no problem. glad your back and better.))

Inrii looked to each (when they agree or what not)[/size:1b0rd9z1] and headed to a dark brown open tent. the table was out front and showing the goods. (think flea market i supose. thats what i imagine anyway)[/size:1b0rd9z1] since they would head into the mountains, they would want some climbing gear.
the woman, a tall lanky half elf smiled to Inrii. but there was fear in her eyes. as much as she needed the business and coin, the dark elf reputation was still there. and this nomad group knew it well.
she inspected the different parts, including ropes, hooks, clips, spikes, among the items.

((this so i didnt waste a spot.
have folks nervous and scared of you considering what we are, yet eager to sell. veraka might be the only one that they be less scared of, but since he's so big...well...))

edit: no one mentioned that i accidently wrote dear instead of fear? :lol:
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He looked at Veraka an almost incredulous look" Half? Only half?" He shook his head and shrugged slightly as Eili Muttered almost growling" Claws will meet skin before then." Zek sighed" I'm grateful you're not a displacer... i'd have to put a collar with bells around your neck.. and keep you on a leash." Looking to Neriah." I would rather be in the abyss and in the hells than babysit. With how the two of you are, I expect something placid or highly chaotic. I wager more on the latter. " He'd head off to do some buying, which if anyone noticed some of which was for desert survival, but a lot of it was interesting. He bought things that generally wouldn't go together but knowing him he improvised. Ropes and hooks.. larger hooks especially... it was like he was expecting something. If it was sharp and potentially dangerous, lethal and hazardous he got it. Finishing the buying he'd sell a couple things he had gotten from the time they were in Daggerfalls, the results of selling netted him a fair bit of coin in return, not like he needed it right now but it was good enough for now. Thinking for a moment he spoke" Any hunts in the area? Animals or monsters that's been a problem?"
Site, story being redone

Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

He began walking around the baazar-like camp, looking at the various goods the people were selling, purchasing some things that interested him, like curious-looking bottle with some mysterious liquid inside, an old map of the desert, which might prove useless with the always-shifting sands and an old jeweled ring. After that he proceeded to buy the proper supplies he will need to survive in the desert, which included a lot of water.
Vel''bol zhah veirus, shlu''ta tlu pahntus. Vel''bol zhah velkyn, shlu''ta tlu muth. Vel''bol zhah dossta... shlu''ta tlu usst.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the man watched the drow (Zek) gather odd choices for stuff, but coin was coin. he knew to play it cautiously and to be careful. he traded some items that the drow gave him, checking the (whatever) carefully for tricks and agreeing to the prices, as he also took the coinage.
"animals?" his broken common, the accent barely conveyed as he thought about it and shrugged, "we part of Bedine. so our enemies are many. but who knows, depends on where. Zhentarim maybe. maybe gnolls. fear desert more. she is cruel mistriss."

the very short stubby man watched also with weary as the drow (Vel) came over. he could pass off as a dwarf, and might have been one for who all knew.
"Desert journey? he asked noticing the choices. "might want some of these."
he pulled out a large tin box and proceeded to open it. inside was the strangest looking plant with bright redish orange berries.
"its freezing at night. especially this time of the year. these here keep you very warm, more than any fire. and it very small, no smoke, no signal."
he closed it till a decision was made. but he also indicated the clothing around for the desert, including robes, turbans, cloaks, ect.

((responding as sellers, but feel free to play the NPC's if you have a particular action u want with them or dont wanna wait on me. i'll post as Inrii when it slows a bit. she's just buying at the moment anyway.))
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka threw a hand down at Zek for his comment toward Neriah; "Ehh, why would he even bother guessing if he'd rather be in the Abyss?" Veraka asked as he made his way, with Neriah and Aurora, over to some of the more odds and ends shops.

"Why, for the sake of Dark Dancer, did you even say that?" he asked the fey'ri as she strode up along with him.

Neriah seemed caught off guard, but quickly recovered; "it's always easier to scare [b:3ct9yv54]that[/b:3ct9yv54] ranger off with the idea of me with kids." She finished with a smirk on her tan face, her crimson eyes glowing.

The aasimar chuckled, as did Aurora, at the statement.

"So, what are you gonna be getting?" Neriah asked inquisitively.

"Whatever looks or sounds good to get," Veraka replied as he walked toward the first shop. So, Veraka, with Neriah and Aurora beside him, proceeded to pick out some rations for the road, quite a number of waterskins, fully filled as well.

Veraka then eyed something peculiar; a stack of armor plates, but that didn't look like any metal he'd ever seen.

"What are those, hmm?" he asked the shop-keeper, pointing to the armor plates.

"Ahhh, yess, those be scorpion plates," replied the half-smiling shop-keep, forming a finger triangle in anticipation of another customer.

Veraka looked to the plates, and then asked to see one; the man, unknowing of the aasimar's intentions, handed him one.
Veraka balled his fist and slammed it into the plate.

Neriah flinched at the sudden 'CRACK!' that resounded from the chitinous plate getting smacked from the aasimar's armored fist.

"AAAAIIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!! WHAT You doing??!!!" the shop master howled at Veraka.

However, the scorpion armor held true; Veraka looked up, pleased, and nodded towards the shopkeeper.

"I'll take em all," he said, handing the plate back to the man; however, the smiling shop owner shook his head, instead going back and gathering up the rest of the armor.

"Here you are; now about price, hmmm, yess?"

Veraka didn't even bother to say that he had something on hand, when he pulled out a platinum coin from his pouch. The aasimar was as dumbfounded as both Neriah and the shopkeeper, who blatantly stared at the coin as if it were a demigod in monetary form, then immediately snatched it up as if he were a hungry animal with a piece of meat.

Veraka turned around to see Neriah staring him in the face, her eyes narrowed, but a smile firmly on her own lips; "you never told me that you were [b:3ct9yv54]that[/b:3ct9yv54] loaded with finances."

"No I didn't because I wasn't; at least not until now," he replied.

[i:3ct9yv54]How would I say a word for my own crap, but in a way that claims the falsity of your statement?[/i:3ct9yv54] Aurora asked, with more sarcasm than usual, rolling her ice-blue eyes to emphasize her point.

"Horseshit?" Neriah replied, shrugging her shoulders.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

Vel looked curiosly at hte plant. "Ooh, pretty. I guess it will be very useful for us. These will make the journey a lot more safer than usual," he remarked and looked at the various cloaks, turbans and other clothing.

He decided he should take a couple of warm cloaks for the night, if not for himself then for the others. his cloak was already warm enough to keep him comfortable during the night and he could endure the awful heat of the day.

"Fine, i will take these and a handful of cloaks," he stated and handed the trader a rather large pouch, which jingled carelesly with each movemnt. The trader widened his eyes at the sound and took it so fast it seem the pouch simply vanished.

Vel smiled at that and waited for the trader to bring him the requested items. that pouch had enough coin - perhaps even more than enough - to pay for all these things. He never lacked coin nowadays, all he needed to do was send a messege and he will recieve a delivery with financial resources (having a dwarven mine underneath his keep, with dwarves and all usually helped in the financial side of things), not that he ever needed to do so. His adventures usually gave him more than enough supplies.

He picked up the bundle of cloaks and that curious plant that was supposed to keep them warm, thanked the merchant and walked away to deliver the cloaks to his new traveling company.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

before Vel left, there was an item that would catch his attention. an unassuming brown bag that felt warm. the magical energies surrounding it was a reminder of bag of holding. asking of the price, would find it at a good deal. (you really should buy it, it'll be fun!)

Inrii set the idems down before the half elf, mentally calculating the total as well as figuring out trade in value. she pulled out the painting first and unrolled it. the woman was clearly interested, eyes watching then grew large in interest. but she was quick to realize the drowess was catching on, and cleared her throat.
"it will cover this and this," indicating the hooks and clips.
the sorceress was thinking it thru, shewrdly as well.
"throw in that scroll case, and I'll agree."
the woman gave her a not so sure look, but turned to reach for it, Inrii pocketing a few simple things that looked useful as well.
when the half elf turned the drowess held out 10 gold and dropped them in her hand, taking the simple case. she smiled packing the items and heading twords another table.

the wizard there held many items, a good number of scrolls and a few wands. in the back was a large standing cupboard like magically locked. he knew right away the magical aptitude of the female drow.
"yes, my goods will appeal to you very well. special, powerful in the arcane i see you are."

she browsed the wands, inspecting each and feeling the power in them. then she moved to the scrolls; there were a good number of many types, tho most were of the lower rings of the arcane, detect magic, dispells, even some offensive like frost ray or acid splash.
looking at one she fured her bow in confusion, "bigdy's [i:20f5sqge]expressive [/i:20f5sqge]didget?"
the wizard laughed and shrugged, "odd man traded it for small things. his money was good. i sell it now."
"Jellybean?"
"its nutrition without having to haul all that much."

she finally decided on a couple, charm person, charm enemy (monster), see invisibility, and shrink item (a couple of prank ideas with that. :devil: ).
a particular rod was marked down in price, apparently not able to be sold. it was a slender rod, the wooden handle carved in a simple yet fancy design. The air surrounding it is was cold and uninviting, even while a spark of excitement ignited somewhere in the back of her mind. inquiring into it, the sorceress took it.
she counted out the large sum, and including the blade taken from the priestess. taking the payment, the wizard then beckoned she join him over by the chest.
whispering the password it opened to a few very exquisite pieces of jewelry and high level scrolls, along with a few other magical items.
"I have a contingency on this, if you steal it, you will regret it," the wizard said, his face totally serious. Inrii was very tempted to test it, but decided not to.

((for me really: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Rod_of_Cha ... uipment%29 ))
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Going through the rest of the market, he'd pick up a few things more paying for them along the way. Not really a lot he cared for, but enough to finish shopping. Moving to the side he leaned against a post and waited quietly for the others to get done. Watching Inrii at the chest he shook his head slowly. What was she getting her hands on now... gods help them it could never be good.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii checked out the scrolls first, seeing a few she would love, pulling them out and handing them to the seller. then she checked out the potions, grabbing 1 light blue liquid and a few others.
then she moved to the jewelry, nearly all glowing with magic. a silver chain caught her eye, and using a spell to double check it, she took it as well.
she pulled out a gem, a medium sized emerald along with a good number of coins to pay. the wizard was extremely happy and gladly took the pieces. Inrii put the stuff in her pouch, Zarstra liking the shiney liquid container.
she looked around to the others shopping, seeing Zek over by the camels. she walked over to join him as the others finished.
"let me guess, instruments of death, poison, and shiney baubles?" she joked to the ranger.