Vale of Shadows Part 6

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((i'll post Inrii coming back out tomarrow after my last final.))

[quote:1op8oktf]Raising a brow at the female whom came out with the bundle he spoke" May I ask what is it?" [/quote:1op8oktf]
the drowess gave him a look after the other male took it. "its supplies, mostly dried meat and fruits. the bundle is waterproof cloth and a great wind breaker."
she smiled to Vel smiled and headed back inside.
((this occured before the conversation tween the males about home so no need to reply to her, but one is welcome to be nosey and check it out.))
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Neriah raised a golden brow to Zek at his statement to her; "perhaps I did, though isn't that something he should worry about, not you? Besides as I recall, you were the one who delivered that slam that made me black out, correct; perhaps you spiked your gauntlet with something, like a hallucinogen, hmmm?"

Aurora chuckled, naturally, just Veraka put a hand to his face, shaking his head in the process.
"Zek, are you sure that you [b:3dvcrr4x]didn't[/b:3dvcrr4x] spike the pommel of your sword when you struck that blow to her head?" he asked, indicating the fey'ri's honey-amber locks, which draped down from her head down her back.

"Oh and, yes, ranger, I would prefer silence, at least to that blasted, dung-infested, rat-hole of a city." The aasimar, for once, had a slightly maniacal grin on his face.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

Nodding his head to Zak's explenation and opinion he cleared his throat. "I cant exactly blame you for doing so. The only one who accepted my help was a young king, the rest of his army were...weary of me and not once i had to beat a drunken soldier to the ground when he decided to voice his...opinion on my existance." Vel said and shrugged. "Then again, it was worth it. I mean, how else do you think i became a commander of a drow fort far into the northern mountains?" he finished with a smile.
Vel''bol zhah veirus, shlu''ta tlu pahntus. Vel''bol zhah velkyn, shlu''ta tlu muth. Vel''bol zhah dossta... shlu''ta tlu usst.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Looking at the 'couple' he just shook his head" Honestly? I wouldn't be surprised if I coated my gloves or my blades from end to end with poison of some sort. Though yes the blow probably did knock some things loose." looking at Veraka" It was either that or death, so if there's something broken later on down the line. I do not take any responsibility. She's lucky she didn't get the poisoned part of the blade." Looking at the other he shrugged slightly" I can think of a few ways, some of which does include beating others senseless or some sense into them and getting some station. Then again... killing everyone there has the same effect. I'd own a keep or tower if I thought it'd be good enough to hold whatever goods I gain on my travels... I'd need an entire mountain citadel to possibly sate things.. for awhile anyways."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((lets assume time has passed. so next post say u did something for an hr to 2 hrs somewhere in it))

the door to the entrance opened up and the sorceress stepped out, and levitated down to the ground. her face was...expressionless, as if deep in thought. Inrii then looked over to the sleeping reds. then she looked back to Xull and nodded to the agreement. If/when the warrior asked, she would mention it. tho he seamed rather [i:3r6xlp2y]distracted [/i:3r6xlp2y]lately. she walked to over where the others were. saying nothing, just remaining unusually quiet.

the drowess who'd handed them the bundle returned, dressed and ready to go. she was gunna lead them to the edge of the forest (when time) then they were on their own.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

For the time that had passed he had taken a quieter part of the camp where he worked on creating newer poisons and such from what he had gathered, but also keeping his home made remedies for things up to levels he preferred. He always liked to experiment with making poisons and had developed a slight liking to testing some with his own blood, both to see how potent it was but also in some cases adding a small bit of his own to batched to test. He knew drow had a resistance to a degree to poisons. So naturally he used his blood as a base to test effectiveness of poisons but also to see if his blood could be used as a base for more potent ones. Not exactly clean magic use but effective enough to get results.
Site, story being redone

Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

"Well yeah, killing everyone would've been more effective, but i wasnt exactly keen on an army coming later to evict me from my keep. Besides, its not my style." he replied to Zakafae.

Seeing that Zakafae was busy doing something, most probably creating poisons by the looks of it he simply shrugged and took another swig from his battle, looking over the camp.
Vel''bol zhah veirus, shlu''ta tlu pahntus. Vel''bol zhah velkyn, shlu''ta tlu muth. Vel''bol zhah dossta... shlu''ta tlu usst.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka listened to the exchange between Velkyn and Zek, a look of calm on his face. At Zek's comment, Veraka just shook his head, not surprised at the drow's response.
"Honestly ranger, I wouldn't be surprised myself if that were the case. In truth, I'm honestly surprised you didn't poison her outright."

This drew a raised honey-amber brow from Neriah towards the aasimar.

"Oh and Zek," Veraka said looking at the ranger; "I've been with you for how long on this little excurssion of ours and still have my sanity intact, as well as my physical being, I can't see what might break down the line with her?" At this Neriah actually gave a smirk; however, that smirk quickly disappeared as soon as the fey'ri caught sight of Inrii looking at Veraka.

Aurora by this time had let herself fall into a moderate sleep, as Neriah came back to where the two had been resting and sat down, gathering her things.

At Velkyn's statement, Veraka turned toward him and replied "yeah; that'll generally happen when one does that."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((irony, no one asked what Xull spoke to inrii for so long lol.[/size:1r4cjs3j]
well, i dont know if Virgil, the reds or the other assassin is coming, but a [b:1r4cjs3j]note to all[/b:1r4cjs3j]: we're getting ready to leave this camp, so if u plan to continue the journey and havent reply recently, [i:1r4cjs3j]nows [/i:1r4cjs3j]the time to reply.))

Xull just continued to stand on the porch of the shelter she was in. the sun was now about 2 hrs above the horizon. the area had warmed up but it was still cold, indicated by the warm robe she wore. one of the younger guys had departed to gather the warlock.

((may have some edited depending on if i get a response)) another, a human ranger was over by the redspawns. he was deep in concentration, like sending a message to them via a dream.
the young guy returned shrugging to Xull.
"either something happened or he left. i saw no signs of a struggle nor Caldyn."
now that did concern the priestess. she would have to go and check now.

Zarstra, sitting on the quiet and distracted sorceress, had noticed the conversation tween the priestess and the boy and relayed it to Inrii. she's finished packing her things, had placed the newest pieces into the pack carefully. then very discretely, she placed an object into her pack, something she figured Xull would notice missing soon. standing up she turned to the sleep companions, then looked at the boy.
"we go on," she said bluntly should any wonder of the others.

the other drowess, had a keen eye on the sorceress as well as the two drow males. quick to pick up and read people noticed the issues going on tween a few of the party.
"if you plan to succeed, then I suggust you get whatever out of your system soon and work together. that is why our kin cannot conquer," she stated then walked ahead of the group and paused at the treeline. of course if she knew where they were going, she might would have hoped they didnt succeed.

"i will take you to the edge of the wood."
"we can figu..."
"it is not a request."
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Hearing veraka he shrugged" Simple, we were told to bring her back alive. And I'd be damned if I didn't fufill my part of the contract. My poisons have one mission, to kill or destroy as much as it can as quickly as it can. She's lucky, because I could in time find means to destroy anything made of flesh and bone. I do whatever needs to be done." Looking to the woman who spoke" It has more to deal with we do not trust each other. I know what my travelling companions can do.. rather those I have traveled with. I have enough trust to know they can handle themselves adequately enough to survive." Shrugging as he finished up packing his gear." If we're ready to move, lets move before our welcome here runs out."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka nodded but at the same time, felt a sudden urge to hurl Marala Vharc at the ranger; [i:2bwzhw73]damn it to Nine bloody Hells, why do I feel this way about her.[/i:2bwzhw73]

[i:2bwzhw73]Perhaps it is your uncanny ability to detect the true good in others, despite what their surface may say about them, hmm?[/i:2bwzhw73] chimed in Aurora, again with her oddly timed wolf wisdom.

The aasimar paladin couldn't help but nod at the winter wolf; sometimes he wondered if Aurora truly was a wolf or a druid in disguise. He shook his head from the thoughts and went over to where Neriah was, and began to clip his adamantine plate back onto his mail undershirt.

Neriah, much as it might come as a surprise to the others, helped Veraka with putting on his armor. She helped the aasimar with his chest plate, strapping it into a solid position whilst Veraka held the heavy plate in position for the time. When that was done, she assisted him with packing up the gear and then, the three were ready to go.

Veraka came up to Inrii, Neriah and Aurora behind him, and remarked, "alright, let's get going."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii nodded in agreement to both, leading the way behind the priestess. the path was unmarked, and hard to navigate. at times she was sure the other drowess was taking them in purposeful maze-like way. the sun, some peaking thru the thick trees once it reached above the mountain range to their left generally; tho at times it was before and other times more twords the right. should one know the area well enough, they would logically guess the Desertmouth Mountains. the land on the right, still not seen yet, really flattened out. a dry air could gradually be felt, tho the air around was still cool.
the trek was a good several hours. they passed several small ponds and even circumvented a marshy swampy area. the trees thinned and a clearing was seen off to the right. the priestess turned and headed for it still quiet and saying little.
then she suddenly stopped standing at the edge of the woods. flat vast empty land before them. the ground heading westward grew less lush and more sandy. a hard warmer breeze hit, a possible reprieve from the Daleland winter, but it also meant desert. turning to face them, the priestess spoke.
"here is were we go our separate ways. this road," indicating the Black Road that cut thru Anauroch in the west and twords Daggerfalls in the east, "will take you either direction. Xal z'hin wun l'ssussun d'l'quar'valsharess, lu'il orn mrigg lu'sslig'ne dos."
stepping back from them she turned to head back, but when she was 10 feet away, she appeared to vanish and was gone.
Inrii took that as her cue, "to the Mines."

((where the greenline meets the short red at the blue circle arounf the mine))
[img:31c08pv6]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125 ... roch-1.jpg[/img:31c08pv6]
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

When everyone was ready, he'd follow them through the forest along the path, taking note of the terrain and the change. He looked at the woman then to the road. When she disappeared he shrugged slightly before nodding" I take it we get to enjoy the trek through the mines? I'm hoping to find some nice ore to make my arrow heads out of. Amongst other things. Eili however was perched on his shoulder[i:1hv9m7bp]' I thought you would make me a collar to wear'[/i:1hv9m7bp] She chimed in mentally which prompted his own musings [i:1hv9m7bp]Right a collar, as long as you're on a leash. We'll see if you keep out of trouble or help me out in the future."[/i:1hv9m7bp]
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii looked back to the ranger, "thru? oh no, just a temperary stop. If my memory is correct," which it more often than not was, "the orcs were cleared out and a group of nomads set up a sorta supply shop. I serously doubt they would [i:2f2s789o]willingly [/i:2f2s789o]let you in."

they didnt have too far to go, a few miles twords the base of the mountain.

(im gunna let the others reply before i start with the travel to the mine)
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka followed their guide outta the camp, along with Neriah and Aurora. With Neriah hauling his pack, despite her appearance, he had to admit, that the fey'ri had more strength than he gave her credit for.
When he looked back at her, he caught Aurora looking at him with her eyes, lit with that gleaming wolf mischief in them.

"What?" he asked her aloud.

[i:ag99f4zm]If you get any ideas, do NOT ask me to baby sit.[/i:ag99f4zm]

Neriah's soft, alluring voice came from behind Veraka; "I heard that, wolf."

Veraka turned around and glared at Neriah's attractive form, even as she brushed her honey-amber curls back behind her pointed ear.

"If you mean and imply that you'd be a father, well then, I suppose you'd better be ready for anything, hmm?"
Her voice carried off to the front, as so all would hear her.

She then shot a seductive smirk to the aasimar, which only served to turn his turn his ordinary silver skin a deeper shade of red, and he turned away from her.

He turned back to Inrii and Zek as they tracked toward the mountain base.

At Inrii's comment towards Zek, he remarked, "well then, I guess we'd have to make ourselves [b:ag99f4zm]unofficial[/b:ag99f4zm] guests, hmm?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix