Vale of Shadows Part 6

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

When he was let back up" Glad you found what you were looking for, could have asked you know." Looking back to the other." Death comes in many forms." Shrugging" In time the trap will fail you. The fates will sever your string in time." He just smiled" And a good chance I'll be there when the day comes." He mused coldly. looking to the tree tops seeing the light from the sun. Watching Inrii head over to talk to Xull he nodded before moving to his feet. The bow finding its place on his back and his blade as well. Eili stretched yawning not wanting to move.'Do we have to leave today?' 'Yes, no arguments.' She glared at him with the typical feline death glare. Muttering" Demon cat.." he moved from the fire to search the grounds for some things to use for quick homemade healing items but more poisonous ones. Of course while he searched his senses were keen of his surroundings and a hand near a blade of some form or another. He had more weapons on his body than what is healthy, for those around him anyways.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

Frowning a bit at Zakafae, who seemed to have some hidden agenda against him, mainly concerning ways to kill him, he called after him, "when the trap fails i have my other skills to make up for it."

Now, seeing that their conversation was over he looked around, seeing the other people who were now his companions for this journey. "So when do we leave?" he asked aloud.
Vel''bol zhah veirus, shlu''ta tlu pahntus. Vel''bol zhah velkyn, shlu''ta tlu muth. Vel''bol zhah dossta... shlu''ta tlu usst.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Hearing the two drow males in a now somewhat heated debate, Veraka just shook his head and said, "look; if you two are fighting over breeding rights for the fiery one, then I shouldn't have to remind you both that drow females pick their own mates, usually the more [b:3d2zseff]competent[/b:3d2zseff] ones to boot, at that."

The aasimar made sure that his voice carried so that everyone in the camp heard it.

Neriah, as well as Aurora, looked at Veraka with a stunned expression on her face, which quickly turned to a very sly smirk.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

Vel heard the aasimar's remark and let out a hearty laugh.

"Very true my friend, very true!" he replied with a grin. "Fortunately for him, maybe us all, my breeding grounds tend to be among the other races, usually other elves. They tend to be less violent and much less reliant on whips...even though they [i:3uj37awx]still [/i:3uj37awx]manage to find them," he murmured the last words and then revived his grin. "Doesnt mean i cant fool around. He shouldnt take my flirting too seriously, i know quite well that if she was offended by it, which was not my intention, she would've probably whipped me already!" he finished with another laugh.
Vel''bol zhah veirus, shlu''ta tlu pahntus. Vel''bol zhah velkyn, shlu''ta tlu muth. Vel''bol zhah dossta... shlu''ta tlu usst.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Shooting a glance to Veraka with a look that probably would kill an army if he had that ability." Are you calling the kettle black? Need I remind you of the conversation I believe we had earlier involving your love interests and the interest at present? I think it could go well to say, she chose you." Looking back to the other one." So you're a whipping boy, quite fitting actually. The question is, do you enjoy the lashings or not. We had a saying involving lashings back home involving lashings."
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((im gunna be a bit slow with finals this week. just a heads up))

Inrii as well as the camp heard the smart remark from the warrior. the sorceress just shook her head as she smirked, as the lizard on her shoulder ((just assume i brung her to begin with)) rolled her violet eyes.
'[color=red:14i69bie]yes boys will be boys[/color:14i69bie],' Inrii commented to Zarstra.
Xull nodded for the dark clad young drowess to come with her. Climbing up, Inrii joined her in the makeshift shelter. the seer had followed after.
Elkar had joined over the group at the fire, to put it out as well as posibly stop a fight.

((feel free to use him if want. as well as other NPC's. inrii will be inside for the equivilent of an hr, RPG time. which means 3 hrs or so till time to leave. possible to go gather water at the pond, fish or find other things to take/make. it is [i:14i69bie]winter [/i:14i69bie]so its cold, tho not snowing, if any thinks of jumpin in the water...
still havent gotten word from the others.
if one is not with the party and has not PM'ed me and talked to me, it is assumed you have stayed behind and will need a re-enter post to join back up.
not sure how V will deal with the reds and the vow if theres no word from them by then...))
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

Vel laughed again. "Oh no, im no whiping boy, that is not to say that i'm not whipped," he said, and then gave Zakafae a blank stare. "Honestly, i dont know who in the world will enjoy lashings. 'Twas one of the reasons i send my home to hell and went to live in the underdark in the first place. What a bitch of a sister i had, never once i regretted the dagger that i stabbed her with." he finished with a smile, as if remembering a fond smile.

"Mind you answering me how am I fitting to be a whipping boy?" he asked Zakafae with a wide smile.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He held up a hand with two fingers up." One, you mentioned women always find a means of finding a whip to beat you with. Two, you've mentioned it several times I believe since arriving. As for who enjoys it? Compared to what I endured, I'd rather be lashed. I was born in the underdark. I have two sisters and belonged to a house whom would kill to gain status. My mother slaughtered her mother and her entire house putting us up in rank. Infact The house slaughtered anyone around us in rank. Made a few deals and when it looked good ended them in blood." Shrugging as he finished his gathering he moved to the water to fill some water skins of his." Of course when the bigger house wars left, everyone went to the surface. They would rather leave than be disgraced and be killed... Officially the house is dead. Unofficially? We're all still very much alive, as I'm sure a couple may have noticed from the last battle we had a newcomer whom looked much like myself. My twin" Looking at him" Of course.. with one of my sisters... death was something the others didn't want to consider. Given her skills. I killed, she gave them further use."
Site, story being redone

Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

"Hah, pretty much sounds like a regular drow house, honestly. Although a bit more brutal. The ending is unusual as well. I simply got tired of politics and other meaningless kills, assassination attempts on my life and other...more personal matter. After all that, i simply left it all behind me and got the hell away from it all." Vel remarked.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

the few out and about the cold morning was careful to keep an eye out on the two drow males, waiting till the hard joking turned ugly. many knew, had experinced it before with a few guest and folks brung from the night below. an older female drow, tho still very physically attractive, was carrying a bundle wrapped snuggly. she looked at the three, two over at the pond and seeing the other guest asleep (assuming the reds are along with the assassin).
"Xull asked me to bring this out to yall," she said, looking at them expectantly for the leader, or someone to speak up and take it.

Inrii sat upon the wooden stool after the unknown female exited with the bundle. she's had gotten some supplies from them for the trip. Xull paced the room still as inrii's knee bounched in the waiting.
the priestess stopped and then looked directly into the sorceress eyes and opened her mouth to speak.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka put on an amused look at Velkyn's statement and replied; "if that's the case, then my applause to you," he joked back; "not many a drow males that I know could say the same thing."

To Zekafae, he merely smirked; however before he remarked to anything, Neriah spoke up; "if it's 'calling the kettle black', as you phrase it, then I would go as far to say that it metallic-gray; as I recall, I never really choose anyone as a. . . love interest; though, I'll admit that I do find Veraka appealing in many ways."

Aurora rolled her eyes at the fey'ri's remark; [i:3v771tcs]oh joy; not only do I have to deal with two drow males bickering over atypical ideas, I have a-now-indecisive fey'ri, who has an [b:3v771tcs]appealing[/b:3v771tcs] interest in my little brother. Brilliant![/i:3v771tcs]

At this, Veraka found himself both dumbstruck while laughing.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

Vel laughed at the Fey'ri's remark, joining Veraka.

"Finally! Someone who appreciates my presence here!" he anounced loudly, sending an appreciating nod at Veraka. "Unlike some people..." he sent a glance at Zakafae, "...who bark, growl and bare their teeth at me like territorial dogs."

with a shrug and a chuckle he stood up and accepted the bundle from the drow female. (i understood that it intended for us...?)

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Looking over" I left the underdark before my sisters and mother had. I took up hunting, used my skills of working in the shadow and assassinating others to better use. "

Raising a brow at the female whom came out with the bundle he spoke" May I ask what is it?" Always leary of someone offering a gift, especially a female drow. One didn't live this long without having the paranoid sense in tact. Hearing Neriah he palmed his face for a moment." I have a feeling you wanted him before the fight. Then again.. I think the blow to your head before we delivered you elsewhere may helped.. or hindered things. I question that still." Looking at Delvaro" Some of us dogs are tired at flamboyant and outgoing behavior. More suitable for a jester of a court. As for appreciation, I do not give it nor respect easily." It was true, he had an actual respect for few in the world and trusted even fewer. In some ways he'd trust his own sisters despite his past with them well before he'd trust anyone else. Shrugging finally he finished up on filling his waterskins and capped them off.
Site, story being redone

Delvaro
Regular

Post by Delvaro »

He looked back at Zakafae as he spoke. "That is true, partially at least. But i did not survive two wars by being...silent and sneaky, although i did a lot of that. Survived through a siege that lasted two tendays, four open battles and a lot of other stuff usualy involving me going into enemy camps to slit throats at night." he explained, now a completely calm expression on his face. "As for my...charming personallity, i blame the harsh conditions i spent in my last few decades. If you were fighting with an army who will prefer stabbing you in the back instead of accepting your help...you will be upset as well. Its just the way i deal with it. You're actually the first one who complained!" he said in feigned shock.

My character:

Velkyn Val''''Serra
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Shrugging slightly" I enjoy the cut throat tactics like any rogue or assassin. Sometimes I enjoy going to the frontline and venting. As for helping an army who'd rather kill you? I have a solution to that... a kingdom who refused my aid to remove a problem due to my race. I walked away and sat on the nearby hill and let the city be destroyed. Naturally I went back at night after the slaughter and took some goods and gold." He had a wry grin" They deserved it I was nice and cordial after all." Tapping his chin." I'm still not pleased I didn't get to see the last city we went through be scorched to the ground... I need to make a return trip there to make sure." Looking at veraka" I'm sure our friend would like the peace and quiet after"
Site, story being redone