A Clone Encounter (Part 2)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Lynx watched Maryne's reaction with a hint of compassion and understanding. [i:2mtgahi7]It's alright. At least you did not -miss- it. Porting into the void would have been far less pleasant. [/i:2mtgahi7]

[i:2mtgahi7]For the wards I'd need some crushed quartz, a half-ounce of it per glyph, also I'd need some wax. Then I'd need a map of this vessel so Ryltar and I could decide where to place those. Also we'd need to warn all our 'companions' that -any- use of arcane or divine magic would trigger those wards nearby and I'd have to replace them... So better ask them nicely to avoid casting once we're done with them and leave some areas unwarded. [/i:2mtgahi7]

The elf rolled her shoulder again and winced slightly as her wounded bicep was still aching some. [i:2mtgahi7]And please, start, Onix. I really want to go through that bug-killing tutorial.[/i:2mtgahi7] She gave him a wry smile, the viper around her neck calmed down and went still again.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((so it is a cat. i read a horned thing...))

the rogue took the hug, and recipicated it.
"I am surprised to see you here. and yes, he gotten rather large. It's ironic I keep finding people I have met before."

this also came with fear- fear for these people she called friends. and if they did plan to traverse the Underdark, how much closer they would be to Lloth's grasp, how much closer she would put them in danger. and more innocent blood on her. it was this curse that she remained distant from people (not literally). she signed quietly. for she prayed they were out of the Spider Queens grasp at the moment; tho she had hoped so on the surface, and that complacency nearly gotten her companions killed.

the rogue chuckled to the new priestess before getting serious, "we are dealing with a large bug that somehow traveled the multiverse to our world. If you are wanting to know more of that you'll want to follow that guy," pointing to Onix , "he's explaning it."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The dark elven marine looked Stalker straight in the eye and replied "what are you gonna do . . . ‘clone’, huh? You’re job is to protect those around you, not destroy that which you protect.”

The drow male was about 6’ even, a few inches shorter than Stalker and Pyro, but he still towered over Lothir, Scar, and Drakin. Some of his fellow colleagues came over, backing him up against the clone. Among their ranks were more male drow, and a few burly humans.

“Yeah; I also protect my brothers, you over-grown lout,” Stalker growled back to the marine. Noticing that Lothir had come up and was siding with him, the sniper looked to the corner of his eye, and said, “this isn’t your fight, Lothir, besides, these fierfeks are Marine Alpha Recon, there’s a reason why they’re that size they are.”

“The clone copy is right, little runt; best be watching yourself,” the drow replied, his eyes twitching slightly upon seeing Lothir’s blades come out.

“You’re fight’s with me, you dimwitted Alpha-fucktard,” the sniper growled back, ejecting his gauntlet vibro-blade to emphasize his point. By this time, the usual mundane nature of the tavern had quieted down to listen to the drow marine and Stalker exchange heated vocabulary. Even a few officers out of uniform, were gathered around the two, though Stalker was just backed by Lothir at the moment, but he did notice the odd glimmer come from Scar’s eyes. That told the sniper volumes.

“So what’s it gonna be, ya tube-grown soldier, huh? You really wanna take us all on?” the dark elf asked Stalker.

“Not your friends; I just need your head on a silver platter,” the sniper shot back. Stalker could sense the tension in the air, as some of the patrons in the tavern made room for the oncoming brawl. They all knew that if anyone EVER harmed another clone, their brothers would rush to their aid . . . or kill the offender in question.

“Lothir, I told you, this bastard is [b:2zizn80k]my[/b:2zizn80k] problem,” the sniper repeated to the bard, not wanting his newly found allies getting injured, besides Pyro needs some attention, and I’m gonna have my hands full.”

The clone glanced over to the now fully sized Leecher queen and nods his thanks to Ryltar, then turns to Lynx; "shattered quartz, and wax, should be easy enough to come by.
"As to your map," he pulls out a small circular device, and depresses the button in the middle. A hologram of the [i:2zizn80k]Nighthammer[/i:2zizn80k] burst forth from the little circular projector; it was the an inside detailed schematic of the ship from stem to stern, showing every deck, and every corridor.
"This should be of use to you," he says, handing the projector to Lynx as he switches it off.

Onix then looked to this 'Maryne' that Zarae apparently knew, saying "small world after all, I guess?"
As the clone looked to Maryne, he saw her facial features pale, and immediately moved, coming over to her by Zarae. The clone looks to her and gives her a look over; by his guess, she's got the aura of an officer, but not the stature of a marine, or barely one. To the clone's 6' 5" frame, she's barely at his chest, and that's with his helmet off.

"With respect, ma'am, or Maryne, if you prefer; I'd highly recommend trying to keep 'that' he pointed towards her stomach, "down, it doesn't bode well on-board, especially for the marines on hanger duty. If you need something to calm yourself down, well more particularly, you're stomach, I can fetch that for you as I take Lynx and Ryltar to . . . ."
The clone pauses for a moment, then continues, "forgive me ma'am, where are my manners. To answer you're question, I'm not sure I'm qualified to answer that. You just opened up a portal onto the [i:2zizn80k]Nighthammer[/i:2zizn80k] and stepped through, that's pretty much all there is to it, as far as I can tell."

He stops, looking downward as if thinking about something, then says, "Maryne, is it, correct?" he asks praying he got it right.
Last edited by veraka on Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

He stares down the marine calmly, in spite of the soldier's larger size, completely unimpressed. "Well, he may be big, but you know what they say- the bigger they are, the harder the FALL." He gives the marine as hard stare, and smirks. "Besides, I've taken on things WAAY bigger than him- and I'm still standing, now AREN'T I?" It's clearly more of a statement than a question, as if to show that he considers the dark elf's size to be of little importance. To the soldier, he growls, "Watch who you're calling 'little runt'. You may end up EATING those words- assuming you ever get your foot out of your big mouth." (OOC: He's actually tall for a drow- 5'5" It's the Moon elf blood....)

"Tell me, Stalker- why waste you time on a mal'ai like him, anyway? He's obviously just jealous. Mayhap his 'gun' does not compare to you clones?" He tosses a meaningful grin at the marine, the direct dig meant to throw him off-balance. Anger is a tool he uses well against his foes, as much a weapon in his hands as his blades.

At the mention of Pyro, he glances over, and shrugs. "Well, he's still breathing, that's a good sign. If we're lucky, that hit might have actually knocked some sense into him. He'll keep. but of course you have your hands full- all the more reason to lighten the load a bit, eh?" He grins at the clone, and it's apparent that he is anxious for a good scrap. "So, I suppose the question is- which half do YOU want, Stalker?"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The Alpha marine merely grunted away the insults or what he thought passed for one. At the bards last comment, he actually snickered, "I've met halflings with more sense than you, but a pint for your effort, small-fry." At that moment, more of the Alpha's stood up and joined the burly drow. That brought the number to around 12 to four, if Stalker counted Drakin and Scar as in on this little qualm.

The sniper looked to the bard and replied "It's not my time that I'm wasting on him, it's my patience," and if anyone knew what a sniper's patience were at, then Stalker had just made a very real threat to the marine.
However, Lothir's comment, the sniper actually smirks; "I don't know on that one, bard; these guys claim, 'they never have the time' to use such a device, so I'm not sure what to think."
At the bard;s last question, Stalker replies "I want the TWO places with the most nerve endings in them; causes more pain that way," he growled.

Lothir's little comment, did little to deter the dark elf, but Stalker's comment added fuel to the fire that it had triggered, which soon would burst, judging by his facial expression.

"Yeah, how about you look at it like that, sniper; your 'brother' needed some sense knocked into him; so I did him a favor. Pray I don't find the urge to not do it again."

That caused the sniper to narrow his eyes at the dark elf; if anyone could see it, Stalker was within a hairline of snapping, his anger that he normally, and very professionally, bottled up, was coming surging to the surface. He only needed one more comment like that before he'd erupt like a super-volcano.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Lothir sees that the clone is on the verge of a melt-down, and shrugs. "Well, I MEANT whcih half of the lot of them, but if you really want to start taking body parts into the equation, it's no skin off my nose..." he says, shaking his head.

He turns back to the marine, and his glacial-hued eyes narrow dangerously, looking every bit as cold as the icey shade implies. "One more crack like that, and he may not be the ONLY one looking for body parts to cause the most pain. you might want to reconsider the wisdom of your words, gol-vith'ez clau'kiliik."

Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin watched the confrontation with Lothir, Stalker, and the Dark Elves unit with growing interest. This reminded him of the time he spiked his friend's Veraka's drink. [i:1vz5ssd6]Ah, good times,[/i:1vz5ssd6] he thinks to himself.

He took off his spiked gauntlets, generally the rule of brawls is no killing. Though if it came down to that, he was still prepared.

Slipping off his stool, Drakin melted into the crowed, the Alphas were so absorbed in their dispute with Stalker that they never even notice he was gone. He moved to the back of the group, ready for any action that might happen.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The drow looked to Lothir and this time replied "Well, at least I'm not that picky, like you seem to be."

At this point, Pyro stirred from his unconscious state, grumbling something inaudible as the grogginess started to where off from the artificially induced slumber. The Alpha marine noticed this and stated "Man, you bastards are more resilient than I thought, guess that's why the females like you all," as his hand balled into a fist; "I guess. . . " his words were cut short as Stalker's OMNI armor glowed fury-red in as the sniper maxed out it's strength, and the clone grabbed the dark elf by the throat, and with one fluid motion, brought him around in a 180 spin hurled him into the nearest object, with a sickening thud.

Two Alpha drow jumped the clone from behind, one grappling him by the neck, the other trying to tackle the two to the ground. The trio collapsed onto the floor, with Stalker on the bottom.

Grunting, the clone planted both hands on the ground even as his throat was being constricted, and pushs upward. His natural muscle tone, augmented by his OMNI armor, allowed him to easily lift the two bulky marines from the ground, along with his massive weight. Stalker plants both boots firmly to the ground, and launches himself sideways into a roll, that puts both drow males beneath his back

Then he ejects his wrist vibro-blade and slashes it across the arms that are around his neck, leaving a very deep laceration across the drow's arm, who was trying to strangle him. The commando raises the same arm and jabs backwards forcefully, winding the marine that's right beneath him. He isn't aware at this time that the other Alpha's were charging at him.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

{{It's not an actual cat ... it was created through magic, so it has horns. :P}}

[color=indigo:beb4djhg]It's alright. At least you did not -miss- it. Porting into the void would have been far less pleasant. [/color:beb4djhg]

"I can only imagine, Miss ... ?" She smiled faintly at the elf.

Turning to Zarae, she shrugged, "I do enjoy seeing what few friends I have every now and then, to be honest. The Underdark was getting rather boring, and then I came to the surface ... I haven't seen a familiar face in a while. And as to me being here ... " she frowned, "Either my friend gave me the wrong direction, or this ... " she nodded at the elf that had spoken to her first "field thing brought me here and he was right."

[color=indigo:beb4djhg]"Maryne, is it, correct?"[/color:beb4djhg]

As the man Zarae pointed to came over, Maryne stepped back a little so she would not have to crane her neck to look at him. She smiled, "Yes, sir, Maryne is correct ... and you are?" She took a deep breath and shook her head, "And don't worry. I'm fine. It isn't always you find yourself on a ... Nighthammer? ... in the middle of the sky."
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((OOC: why do I feel like this RP is on NOS and Caffeine? LOL))

[quote:kkxrs346]"Yes, sir, Maryne is correct ... and you are?" She took a deep breath and shook her head, "And don't worry. I'm fine. It isn't always you find yourself on a ... Nighthammer? ... in the middle of the sky."[/quote:kkxrs346]

Onix wasn't sure what to make of Maryne; yes she was here, but he didn't know what to do. He decided to add her to the team as another member, though he wasn't sure what to make of that.

"Lady Maryne, Theta-180 at your service" he really was starting to detest using his IDS number; " but most of our group just call me Onix, and with all due respect, ma'am, it's just [i:kkxrs346]Nighthammer[/i:kkxrs346], it's the name we've given the ship."

He then looked to Lynx and Ryltar, then turned back to the priestess and Zarae, "if you wish, Maryne, I can explain everything about most of what is going on here, as well as possibly give you some information that might be a little unnerving, unless you're one who enjoys a good bug hunt now and again."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:1rimi1zi]Nice... An illusion created by mechanical means.[/i:1rimi1zi] Lynx tucked the projector into a pouch on her belt, nodding to Onix once more. [i:1rimi1zi]It seems we get delayed all the time. Let's actually get down to business, sir?

And I am called Lynx.[/i:1rimi1zi] She introduced herself to the newcomer, again giving her nickname only, reluctant to use her real name for some reason. [i:1rimi1zi]And this is Ryltar.[/i:1rimi1zi] She nodded at the drow male by her side. [i:1rimi1zi]And I am sure you'd want to learn more about the bugs and how to hunt them... So let us?[/i:1rimi1zi] Looked to Onix again, casting a sidelong glance at the horned cat.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Seeing Stalker getting jumped, the bard sighs, rolls hie eyes, and shakes his head, then shrinks both blades back down and tucks them in his belt, knowing that causing permanent harm to any of the troops is not likely to endear him to these people, and not wanting to alienate (OOC: Get it? "Alienate"?) the people on this ship. "Well, in for a copper, in for an orbben," he mutters, and grabs the nearest marine on top of the pile, yanking him up and spinning him roughly around to throw a fist hard into his face. Then he heaves him as far as he can into another table, sending the drow crashing into and over it.

"Ha! Haven't had this much fun since that time in the Spider's Den!" He laughs, as he ducks under a blow from another Alpha. Someone grabs at his hair from behind, yanking him backward to deliver a hook on his jaw, and he suddenly spins around to meet the attacker, shoving one knee up into the soldier's groin. "NO ONE touches my hair, vith'ez!" he yells, still peeved over the earlier singeing.

Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin moved as the Dark elf troopers jumped on Stalker. He pulled out a straight edged stiletto dagger and a forward curved kukri. As he moved forward one of the Dark Elves turned toward him.

"Hold it there shortie," he said to Drakin.

Drakin didn't respond to the insult, letting his weapons do the talking. He lashed out with the pommel of his stiletto, hitting the Alpha in the throat, leaving him gasping. Then he brought both pommels to the Alpha's temple, leaving him on the floor.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

[quote="veraka":6mxc318z]((OOC: why do I feel like this RP is on NOS and Caffeine? LOL))[/quote:6mxc318z]

((OOC: That's because it is. And because you introduced a topic that obviously spiked a lot of people's interest (only you can pull it off, V :D ))

Zana took what looked to be a sniper rifle off the rack. She put it up to her shoulder with her left her under the main body and slipped her index finger of her right hand through the trigger. "This feels good, not as foreign feeling as I thought." She studied the weapon and looked it up and down, not missing a single detail. "Does this thing fire slugs, or some sort of energy blast?" she asked Ironsides, "And am I even holding the right one? I would prefer the one with sound suppression, I have no desire to be spotted."

Vlad's ears then perked up. [i:6mxc318z]You hear that?[/i:6mxc318z]

[i:6mxc318z]Hear what?[/i:6mxc318z] Zana said, falling in love with the assortment of weapons around her.

[i:6mxc318z]Down the hall. Lots of shouting. Sounds like a fight. Maybe I'll check it out.[/i:6mxc318z]

"Let me finish up here, then we can go check it out," Zana said aloud.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

"Ah. So this is a [i:2h7vxldh]ship[/i:2h7vxldh]. I've always wondered what they look like." She nodded to herself, as if making a mental note of something, and then clapped her hands lightly, "Well then, Onix, you'll have to forgive me for staying here with you, but I truly don't wish to try a teleport spell here not knowing where I'm going or where I truly am in the first place. I also offer my help in this ... problem you have. Something tells me it's not a normal infestation?"

She inclined her head respectfully to Lynx and Ryltar. "I am Maryne, as you probably know by now, and this is Tasha." The cat caught Lynx's glance and grinned widely, displaying sharp teeth before plopping down and resuming its search of the hangar.
Last edited by Arya Baenre on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.