A Clone Encounter (Part 2)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The clone looked to Lothir, and had to smirk; "Lothir, for once in my artificial life, I'm actually scared. To think of you like that, I can't see it. After all, then where would we clones get our musical quips from."
The clone was jesting at the bard as he gave him a good clap on the shoulder, not sure even why he did it, but in the moment, not caring.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Zanathie listened to the clone and the bard converse. She smiled at the thought of someone from this planet trying to take over an aliens home ship.[i:ij62wowm] Wait! Mother ship?[/i:ij62wowm] "Did you say there's more of these things!?! she asked excitedly, "and there's an even bigger one?!!!!!" Zana said this which such excitement and enthusiasm she scared even herself.

[i:ij62wowm]Holy shit[/i:ij62wowm], Vlad said, looking at her like she had gone mad, [i:ij62wowm]don't wet yourself. Calm down. I've never seen you this excited...it's kinda scaring me.[/i:ij62wowm]

[i:ij62wowm]But we get to go into the ship, into outer space! No one on this planet has ever done that![/i:ij62wowm] she bubbled with excitement.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Hearing their newest arrival getting ecstatic, Onix turned his head and nodded to her question.
"Oh yes, there's [b:2cwmcyg4]many[/b:2cwmcyg4] more ships like this one, and yes there's an even bigger one; that bigger one is the [i:2cwmcyg4]Nighthammer[/i:2cwmcyg4]. That'd be our mothership, and she probably has 300, maybe 400 such craft ready for deployment when need be."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Crazy excitement showed in Zana's eyes. "We [i:aawatqxc]do[/i:aawatqxc] get to see this [i:aawatqxc]Nighthammer[/i:aawatqxc], right?" she asked, practically jumping up and down at this point. "This is going to be sooo exciting!!"

[i:aawatqxc]Wow, you are scary happy[/i:aawatqxc], Vlad said, giving her an odd look.

Zana looked at him with a full blown smile and gleaming eyes.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Well, Onix, I guess you'd have to get your fill from Pyro there," the bard says innocently, with a mock tone of pity. "But have no fear, abbil, I will not abandon you to that fate!" He grins, and claps the clone back.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae followed suit cautiously, yet so excited to explore. at times she was too curious for her own good...often getting the young drowess into trouble.
the inside was just as spetacular as the outside was if not more. the pure power of the flying alien ship was felt thru her enchanted boots. she also felt more of the mechanisms and whatevers all around.
'so much to see...' she said to herself.
finally she commented to the clone (not facing yall tho), "get enough magic and the right people...someone could get their hands on it."
she wasnt purposely thinking how she could take it if she wanted to, the ideas sorta just popped into her head.
before she realized it she was drifting twords the power rooms
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin prepared himself to follow the clones and the others onto the ship. The first sight of the ship startled him, but the effect was beginning to wear off. He was almost thankful for all the strange things he has seen in the Host Tower, those allowed him to more easily accept what he was seeing.

Grisnaw talked with Onix, "Okay then. I want to shoot those guns then when we get there."

Drakin merely sighed at the gargoyle. [i:24tewguu]nothing ever seems to face that imp,[/i:24tewguu] he thought to himself. But Grisnaw's 'normal-ness' actually helped him remain calm.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looked to Zarae and shook his head; this lot were a stubborn bunch; but like him and his squad that was probably a good thing.

To Grisnaw, he said, "the LAST thing I need is the captain calling me down because of you getting your hands on the controls of one of the plasma batteries."

"Meh, if the imp is truly stubborn enough, he'll get in anyways," Pyro chimed in. Stalker told him to shut up by giving him a long forgotten, but arcane gesture. Pyro stuck out his tongue, brought a gloved thumb to his nose and swung his fingers around in a funny gesture to the sniper.

Onix sighed, turning to Ryltar and Lynx and seeing they were on board, as well as Drakin and the gargoyle, Onix chimed the pilot on his comm; "Hawk, we're ready to lift off, over."

The comm-system crackled to life over the speakers in the ship; "Alright everyone, hang-on tight back there, and up we go."

At once the repulsors thrummed with power as electricity surged thorugh them, amplifying the magnetic field they generated. The gunship began to slowly ascend, leaving the ground slowly, then gaining speed as it roared higher and higher into the sky. Onix looked out the window to see the ground shrinking up, faster and faster, as they were already an easy 1000 feet up in the air and gaining altitude.

Then a deep rumble emanated from the engine room which quickly transformed into a slight roar, as the pilot ignited the engines.
"Hang on," Onix said to everyone right as the craft blasted forward, accelerating rapidly, as Onix and the Theta's could feel the G-forces pulling on them. The gunship roared into the atmosphere, increasing its angle of ascent. However much as it might be to the group's surprise, everyone stayed in their positions despite the near 50 degree angle that the deck was at.

Some confused expressions told Onix he should explain; "these deck plates are artificially generating gravitation, which is why we're all not going crashing into the wall."

The gunship continued to ascend rapidly, it's frame shuttering like the land might under a light earthquake; however the clones seemed uncaring for the rickety creaks coming from the crafts hull, but that was due to them using it so many times, so as to becoming accustomed to the craft.

Onix again glanced out a window, and saw that the gunship was approaching the outer atmosphere and the star-glazed blackness that followed. The pilot leveled out the ship and Onix could now see nothing but black all around, for they were in space now.

((OOC: and now I'll wait for everyone to respond before I continue.))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

When the gun ship started gaining speed from the rapid ascent Scar couldn't help but be squished against the floor. He started freaking out and had a flashback of a past memory.

(Flashback)

Smoke filled the air making it hard to see, and slightly burnt the eyes. A small elven like child, covered in blood, was walking through the smoke. When a black demon and its rider fell, dead, on top of him. A human on top of a horse, both killed from the Drow raiding the town to kill an abomination. Pinned down underneath the horse the child continues to weep, but struggles to get free. Then, he eye catches figures in the distance. The smoke clears just enough to see the figures in detail. There was a human female, his mother, and two Drow elves. They were toying with her laughing as the slashed wounds and tortured her. The woman is screaming horrified. Finally the Drow grow tired of playing and chop her head off.

(End Flashback)

"No Mommy, No!" He screams frantically while crying and struggling against the force of gravity pushing on him.
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

"So this is outer space," Zana said, staring out the window in awe, "it's so big, so vast and endless..." her words drifted off.

Even Vlad was floored, [i:3u85ysaj]This is just...amazing,[/i:3u85ysaj] he said, completely forgetting about how angry he was at Zan.

"Just to think that there is so much more out there than us. We are just one tiny little speck amongst trillions of other planets. And those planets are in solar systems, and so on. I feel so small, so insignificant..."

[i:3u85ysaj]And humbled[/i:3u85ysaj], Vlad added.

[i:3u85ysaj]I agree[/i:3u85ysaj], Zana said absently, still staring. "Now is it possible to take this gravity off? That would be fun," she asked the clone whose name seemed to be Onix.
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

As he struggled to contend with the G-force and the roar of the engines, Drakin thought he heard someone yell from the back.

No one else seemed to have heard it, he noticed. He knew better than to go against what his senses told him. While the others were busy with trying to adjust to the gravity, he pulled out a long, thin stilleto, and moved away from the others.

Drakin saw a shadowy form trying to keep its balance. He moved into a crouch and began to sneak up on the target. Whatever it was, was obviously shorter than the aliens average size and girth.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((edit: post sniper! i had to change some of mine just so u know... :p ))

the rogue hadnt expected what happened, a sudden take off. her natural dexterity kept her from the floor and adding to the effect the ship had. the sky suddenly turned dark and dots of brilliant sapphires dotting a velvet curtain. she carefully made her way twords the glass as they moved, she waited for selune (moon's name right?) to come into view, the symbol of the Lady.
with all the sounds it was hard to enjoy the moment, even a wierd sound like...screaming? no, it had to be the ship? but it sounded too much like a person far away or inside a closed cell. she turn to the others if they sensed it or heard the faint sound or if she was imagining it.
it wasnt out of the ordinary to still hear the screams of the dying, the fight going on around her, the booming and shaking of the compound, walls falling, and then the sound of no other bodies behind her- the loss of her twin brother.
she began to move deliberately twords the direction she heard the sounds. then she saw the assassin moving. he must heard it too. she slowly drew a dagger moved around twords another side
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

Slowly Scar regains his composure and stands up no longer crying but there are tears left on his face. He shook his head, and regained his senses.

"Wooah! That was a trip." he said to himself in a whisper.

He drew a little chi and surround himself with it, but it was no where near the amount to make it visible, just enough to give access to a larger amount if needed. He spread his feet and crouched low, and began walking to the front of the ship. With each step he made sure to go toe to heel like a friend of his a long time ago taught him.
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin closed the last few feet to his target. He grabbed the target around the throat and hit the back of the enemy's knees and started the downward swing of his dagger.

Grisnaw heard a commotion in the back of the transport. He turned that way and saw Drakin attacking someone. Grisnaw was off, planning on burying the enemy under him.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

ONix noticed Drakin and Zarae both wondering toward the aft section of the gunship, and began to get curious himself, when he too heard a slight screaming against the noise of the rattling gunship as it finally leveled off.

Putting his helmet on, Onix switched too X-ray mode and saw a figure getting ready to in a fighter stance. Thinking to make the situation one of turning the odds against the attacker, Onix opened his comm.

"Hawk, we got a problem, cut the gravity."

"And why would I want to do that, over?" came the curious pilot's voice.

"There's a stowaway onboard, so do it!" Onix barked into his comm.

Right then a sound of the gravity powering down could be heard underneath everyone's feet. Right then, the cargo compartment went Zero-G, with everyone floating up into the cabin as the artificial grav was cut off.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix