A Clone Encounter (Part 2)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((sorry yall...been SOOOOO busy...even got a major test tomarrow, im just taking a break to get on here))

Zarae finally joined back up half way thru the converstion (say i was scouting the area) and ironically just in time for the alien's comment.
it caused her to pause with a dumbfounded look. that she didnt expect. she again cleared her throat softly to hide the slight bit of uncomfort from attention. he was making it hard to stay unnoticed and in the background.
"um...so...going?" she recovered quickly.
how foolish she musta sounded to be caught off guard by an alien of all things.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:2zgmig59]Perhaps we should shrink him too, Ryltar.[/i:2zgmig59] She murmured, musing quietly, glancing to Pyro with a slight wry smirk, still holding that pinch of chalk dust in her hand. [i:2zgmig59]Before he kills us all.[/i:2zgmig59]

Lynx was obviously jesting, yet it was clear she did not find Pyro's antics too funny. Her gaze lingered upon Stalker's scarred face, then she nodded faintly to herself, leaning a little against the drow mage's side once more, looking to Onix. [i:2zgmig59]We're ready[/i:2zgmig59].
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar snaked one arm about Lynx's side, pulling her closer to him as she leaned against him. [i:2hxoy5om]He might make a good doll, perhaps a toy for a child.[/i:2hxoy5om] The drow grinend at the thought, while Lynx was jesting, the drow was only half so as the mental images played through his head for a few moments before he dismissed them with a shake of his head. [i:2hxoy5om]Yes, I'm ready.[/i:2hxoy5om]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[quote:2m3mg175]"um...so...going?" she recovered quickly.[/quote:2m3mg175]

Onix was about to speak when the roar of engines drowned out his voice and stopped him in mid speech. The gunship hovered into view over the horizon, its plasma cannons and railguns bristling form its bow. The glistening white craft came into a hover nearly over the Thetas and their allies.

The pilots voice came over Onix's comlink; "hey there, Theta lead, how's the day been to you? Well, you ready to return to the [i:2m3mg175]Nighthammer[/i:2m3mg175]?"

"Affirmative," the clone yelled into his wrist comm.

"Rodger that; alright, watch out I'm bringin' her down." After the Hawk said this, the gunship started to descend from it's height in the sky. It's engines thrumming as they surged with power, keeping the gunship aloft with it's magnetic repulsors. The ship lowered itself to the ground at a careful rate, finally extending it's landing gear and setting down promptly onto the ground.

If sights were truly something to see, the gunship was one of them for the clones and probably for their allies. Easily forty feet in length, the gunship was a powerhouse of weaponry and heavy armor. Four main plasma cannons faced forward to provide the main assault power of the ship, while railgun rotary turrets provided both antipersonnel and anti-armor capabilities.

A ramp lowered for the troops to come on-board. Onix waved the marines forward; "Come on Marines, move it; we've got a schedule to keep, move!"

The Alpha marines moved on board, with medics carrying Lieutenant Myria.

Onix turned towards his allies, "here's our lift," he said with a grin, not waiting to see their expressions once they saw the [i:2m3mg175]Nighthammer[/i:2m3mg175].
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

"What is that!?!" Zana exclaimed, unable to contain herself. She was excited but equally scared, for she had never seen [i:3hhjj67a]anything[/i:3hhjj67a] like this thing in her life, and she was sure none of the other planet folk had either. "This thing is amazing! So fascinating!" She looked at the ship and all around, completely forgetting that she was the nubie to the group and that she should probably keep her guard up. But curiosity over took all other emotions and precautions.

[i:3hhjj67a]What the hell are you doing?[/i:3hhjj67a] asked Vlad, [i:3hhjj67a]get away from that thing![/i:3hhjj67a]

[i:3hhjj67a]Are you kidding! This is the coolest ship I've ever seen! Admit it, you find it as interesting as I do[/i:3hhjj67a], Zana said.

[i:3hhjj67a]You aren't thinking about going are you? You know you can't do that! Your boss will kill you![/i:3hhjj67a] Vlad cautioned.

[i:3hhjj67a]He can go screw himself for all I care[/i:3hhjj67a], Zana at Vlad and he knew she meant it.

[i:3hhjj67a]I did not just hear that[/i:3hhjj67a], Vlad rolled his eyes, shook his head, and smirked.

[i:3hhjj67a]Look, I'm not even thirty yet, I'm still a child by some standards. I want to experience as much as I can before I become completely bound to my boss. Plus, think of it as a learning experience, I'm simply exploring and expanding my knowledge, which will help my hunting skills, right? Plus, if we go on this ship, boss won't know where we are,[/i:3hhjj67a] Zana said excitedly, half bull-shitting excuses and half meaning them. [i:3hhjj67a]And, two of the passengers are bounties.[/i:3hhjj67a]

[i:3hhjj67a]So, let me get this straight. You're going onto an alien space ship loaded with only what gods know. You're giving them the home advantage, and you have no idea when they will be returning, if ever,[/i:3hhjj67a] Vlad said bluntly.

[i:3hhjj67a]Pretty much. Don't you want to get away from the psycho-path boss of ours and the life debt I owe him? It's almost a win-win situation,[/i:3hhjj67a] Zana explained.

[i:3hhjj67a]You're crazy, you know that, right?[/i:3hhjj67a] Vlad cocked an eyebrow.

[i:3hhjj67a]I know[/i:3hhjj67a].
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Lothir watches the strange female's reaction to the ship, and notes- though he says nothing- that something is passing between her and the tiger. Knowing that some druids and rangers were able to speak mentally to their animals, he makes a mental note, but turnes his attention back to the ship, and studies it appreciatively, though perhaps with a touch of awe.

"By the moons and stars! Even my father's flagship Executioner can't compare to this! He would KILL for something like this. Good thing he has no idea such a thing exists..." He shakes his head, staring up at the ship with a low whistle.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae stood speachless as it dropped in front. even all the tomes she had read never described anything quite like it. when she could make herself move to go on, she would have to definately explore it.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin began to flip his dagger around his fingers again, he didn't care if any of the others noticed he was nervous. He even began to reach for a flask he kept for emergencies on his person, but he wouldn't allow himself to become that far out of control.

Grisnaw, on the other hand, was excited as ever.

"Oh, oh," he cried, "I call being in the front! Can I use one of those big light-shooting thingies?"

Drakin didn't even bother trying to tell Grisnaw off. He was too busy trying to get past the lump in his throat that had mysteriously formed.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Lyxn peered at the descending vessel, grinning broadly. Oh no, she was not frightened at all, she was completely enthralled. Such... knowledge. Such progress... Such opportunities to learn! She'd travelled so long in a search for new knowledge and finally she was rewarded, that ship was a gift of the Three and the One, she knew it. Her teal eyes were simply shining now with excitement.

[i:2f8ds4ff]Oh yes, I am going to learn how it works... [/i:2f8ds4ff]
Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

Out of sight from the group that has been standing there for some time Scar sat and watched. This beast from the sky fell upon them and opened its self up as people in strange outfits ran out. This was his chance. He sneaked in sightly behind the best and out of sight from the group. With some random chance of luck found a hatch and crawled in. It was a very tight fit, but he squeezed his way through. and came to a compartment that was piled high with box. He found a nice dark corner and stayed there enjoying his cleverness for finding a way into the beast.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looked Lothir and laughed outright. "Lothir, if you're father would kill for something like this, which we have [b:3tcjykhl]many[/b:3tcjykhl] of within the hangers of the [i:3tcjykhl]Nighthammer[/i:3tcjykhl], I 'm willing to bet that he'd tremble with fear at the [b:3tcjykhl]actual[/b:3tcjykhl] mothership, because she's bigger than this thing," Onix clanged an armored hand on the gunships hull; "[b:3tcjykhl]way[/b:3tcjykhl] bigger."

Looking to Zanathie, the clone explained "this here is a heavy assault gunship, capable of performing anything from suppression fire and direct assault, to troop transport and landing marines on a planet's surface; suffice to say that this thing is our universal troop transport/assault craft."

Hearing Grisnaw, Onix laughed at the over sized imp; "listen, gargoyle, just for clarity's sake, I'll tell you something, [b:3tcjykhl]this[/b:3tcjykhl] thing [b:3tcjykhl]wasn't[/b:3tcjykhl] what fired the orbital bombardment down upon that army when I called it down. The guns that fired those bolts of plasma are about three quarters the size of [b:3tcjykhl]this[/b:3tcjykhl] thing," the clone said, pointing to the thrumming assault craft behind him. He had to admit, he was starting to like the fat gargoyle.

Turning to Lynx, the clone smirked; "You'll be able to learn all about this thing and more, but first we've got some cargo to load on. Pyro, Edge, grab that now undersized bug and throw it in the cargo and do BIND it somehow," Onix barked to his explosives expert and second in command.

Pyro and Edge made their way over to the undersized Leecher and started to haul it to the cargo bay of the gunship.

Turning back to Lynx, Ryltar, and the others, he said, "alright, well, let's load up, we're not gonna get to the [i:3tcjykhl]Nighthammer[/i:3tcjykhl] by sitting around." With that, he ordered the Theta's on-board, and waited for the rest of the group to bored.

((OOC: for simplicities sake, everyone just ignore Scar IC, cause he DID sneak by everyone, I mean, we all were pretty intrigued by the gunship; And if someone DOES spot him IC, then wait a little before going after him, we're gonna catch him when the gunship lifts off.))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar's eyes widened at the sight of the ship. The drow's mind swirled at the potential use he could find in such a device, and how he might use it, and it's technology combined with his arcane might together. Glancing over to Lynx, he'd smile as he boarded. [i:1hm491wg]This will be interesting I bet, very interesting.[/i:1hm491wg]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

At Onix's comment, the bard laughs out loud "Tremble in fear?! Ha! THAT'll be the day. Somehiw, knowing him- or anyone in my family, for that matter- I rather think he'd be inclined to try to take your mothership by force, and use it to wipe out every elven kingdom in existance back home. He's a BIT overzealous in the revenge and conquoring departments. And nothing I know of has ever made him afraid- mostly just enraged. Even a hurricane caused by huge elementals nearly tearing the Executioner apart right out from under us didn't faze him. And THAT was about as scary as it gets!"

He starts to follow the others as they board, his head craning every which way in wonder, trying to get a good look at everything about the ship both inside and out before it takes off. "I bet the gnomes of the Shattered Isles would love to get their hands on this thing. I've heard they have some pretty amazing machines there, but I've never been to that part of my world. Things like cable-conveyances to cross from one island to another, steam-driven boats with huge paddle-wheels to propel them, even some sort of flying device with a spinning blade on top!" (OOC: A crude helicopter, much like the one designed by Da Vinci...)

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looked to with a grin; "and how exactly would your father fight off me, my squad and another 3000 clones like us on-board. You've already seen us in action, add to that another 200,000 battle-ready Marines to that number, plus the ships automated defenses, yeah I'm sure you father has the resources first to get on-board and second to fight off THAT many troops and survive, Lothir," Onix replies to the bard, giving him a 'I-claim-bullshit' look.

"I'd like to see [b:grt6tlqu]anyone[/b:grt6tlqu] try and steal the [i:grt6tlqu]Nighthammer[/i:grt6tlqu] from us, let alone find the number of trained and knowledgeable crew required to run her properly."

Then Onix's comm crackled to life; "Come on, Theta lead, I'm burning reactant here, let's move it, ehh, over," came the pilots voice from the speaker.

"Copy that Hawk, wait one, we're loading the loading the bug on now, over," the clone responded.

"Rodger that, but I'd prefer to get back to the ship [b:grt6tlqu]without[/b:grt6tlqu] having to switch on the reserve supply, over and out."

Onix looked around as his allies began to board the gunship. Inside was not the most elaborate of setups, but it allowed the gunship to effectively transport an entire two platoons of Marines, as well as up to three squads of commandos comfortably within its troop bay. Within the bay, there were seats as well as an overhead hand-hold for those who might stand up.

As one entered, they'd see two bulkheads facing to the front of the crafts interior, where the hatch to the cockpit was. To the right and left of the cockpits hatch were small alcloves that led to the front-mounted port and starboard side rotary railguns. Within both hatchs stood Marine gunners, controlling their twin mounted rotary railgun turrets as well as rocket pods attached to the turrets. In the back could be found the reactor room, which was sealed off from the rest of the ship, keeping both unwanted material from getting in and from others from tampering with it.

Near the middle of the troop hold was a steep stairwell that led to the second level of the gunship, where the the top-side plasma turret was located as well its gunnery station, in addition to the four upper rotary rail turrets as well as their operators.
Along the walls of the craft were various racks and storage containers, which had everything from medical equipment and supplies to extra weapons, grenades and explosives, as well as extra ammunition for the weapons. Beneath the deck plate, one could feel the vibrations of the magnetic repulsors thrumming, keeping the gunship slightly aloft, while maintaining constant power so that when the pilot needed them to lift off.

At the rear of the troop bay was hatch that led to the engines, which were at very low power at the moment, so they barely made any noise. When Onix came onboard, he smirked and asked everyone, "so like what you're seeing?"
The Theta's chuckled together at their leader's random humor.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He laughs back, and shakes his head in defeat. "I never said he COULD, mind you- but I've no doubt that given half a chance, he'd damned well TRY. Most likely by sending in every slave soldier in Argonia first to wear down you and your fellows, before letting loose the heavy hitters and the elite troops. Maybe a few dozen wizards to take out the heavy resisitance, too, now that I think about it. Your machines and weapons are impressive, to be sure- but never underestimate pure determination and cunning, my friend. Not to mention the power of arcane force. A few good fireballs on your marine friends would kill just as quickly and thoroughly as those weapons you carry!"

He shrugs, and lets out a long sigh. "Not that matters. It was just a hypothetical thought, anyway. If I were him, I'd send in a small force to infiltrate your people and gain their trust until the opportunity came along to steal it while it was relatively unguarded. Maybe even create some kind of diversionary attack elsewhere to draw attention away from the real objective. Not that I'D ever do something like that, but I DO know how the fiend thinks. After all, I was born and TRAINED to be just like him. Guess it's a good thing for you it didn't take, eh?" He says with a chuckle, grinning.