A Clone Encounter (Part 2)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

A Clone Encounter (Part 2)

Postby veraka » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:11 am

Place holder for next post
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
Drakashin
Regular
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:19 am

Postby Drakashin » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:13 am

Drakin sighed raised up from the ground. "Why does everybody have animals."

Drakin rolled his neck and spotted Grisnaw in the trees. I never thought I'd be glad to see him.

The gargoyle continued to move through the trees, surprisingly stealthy for something normally so loud.

He decided to wait to see what this elf did next. He was in no hurry since if he did anything the tiger would attack him. He did move his hand closer to his wyvern bone shotel. If it came to blows, he would be ready.

"I figured helping a bunch of strangers would be my downfall," he said shrugging his shoulders, "Guess this is what I get for that. But, you also have to consider, your in a poor position yourself."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin http://www.eilistraee.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin http://www.eilistraee.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1701

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Postby veraka » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:21 am

"Um, sir?"

"What is it, Pyro?" Onix asked.

"Uhh, where did that flying fat imp go?"

"Up and over with Drakin, flanking our newest arrival from the top of the trees," Stalker put in, still zoomed in with his sniper scope.

"Alright, let's see if Drakin and his fat imp can either soothe or take down this newest unknown, huh?" Onix said rather calmly.

"Anyone got a good story to pass the time?" Pyro asked rather flippantly at the other non-clones in the group.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
Zanathie Avuna
Traveler
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:18 am

Postby Zanathie Avuna » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:25 am

"That may be true," she said back, surprised he decided not to attack her, "but the position you are in is not ideal for you either."

She gave a side glance at the over sized fat imp that was staring at her, and looked at Vladmir, Keep an eye on that little one.

Naturally, Vladmir set his gaze on the gargoyle.

Still uncertain about how to best approach the situation, Zanathie cautiously lowered her short bow, but still stood ready in case the drow decided to turn on her.

"What are you doing here, and why?" She asked him in a respectful but slightly commanding voice.

User avatar
Drakashin
Regular
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:19 am

Postby Drakashin » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:39 am

Drakin shrugged his shoulders, "curious about those aliens. Other than that, the fight they were having looked fun."

He knew if he wanted to avoid bloodshed, which some might just be his judging form the tiger's size, he had to keep her talking until the rest of the group came.

"Now, my turn. You weren't surprised to see the aliens here, were you?"

"Ah, come on," Grisnaw finally burst out, "I can take the giant fuzzball. Let's just fight already!"

"Grisnaw, shut it," Drakin said simply; his hand resting on his shotel now in case the elf decided to attack thanks to him.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin http://www.eilistraee.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin http://www.eilistraee.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1701

User avatar
Zanathie Avuna
Traveler
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:18 am

Postby Zanathie Avuna » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:03 am

Zanathie couldn't help but laugh at the imp's comment.

You want to test that theory, fatty? Vladmir casually asked the gargoyle.

"Don't tempt him!" Zana told the tiger. "That's the last thing I need right now, and to answer your question," she looked back at the half breed, "of course I've been curious about the aliens, just not stupid enough to come close, and plus, I have no reason to find out why they're here," she looked directly down and into sniper's scope. "Trust no one, and stay out of other peoples' business." And yet, it would be very interesting to see what's happening with that little party down there, she thought, curiosity getting the best of her.

Oh, no you don't, Vladmir tried to get her to use her common sense, going down there would just bring trouble.

Just admit it, scaredy cat, you're just too chicken to go and scope it out for me.

No, I'm simply sensible, Vlad retorted in an incredibly defensive tone.

Right,Zana said with a hint of sarcasm.

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Postby Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:26 am

((wow, most fri nights no one says anything...))

Zarae vanished from sight and moved twords the location, circling around to also scout for any other possible people hiding.
when none were around she came up twords the back of the female half drow. the rogue was silent as the shadows and hidden as she slowly made her way, edging in closer. she kept her hand on her dagger not unsheathing it yet but poised to strike should she prove an enemy.
she stopped a good number of feet away behind some bushes and waited watching the interaction tween the two.

((sorry its quick, it really late...and im worn out))
Image
signature made by Larlan

~Character~

Calabask
Regular
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Postby Calabask » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:02 pm

Once Lynx's invisibility sphere was up, Ryltar would weave the words to some protective spells for them both, covering each of them in a set of icy scales that would enhance their resilience to harm, as well as protect them from fire. Yes. Yes. When you need to use these components for everything you do, you can judge me. Until then do not judge me.

User avatar
Zanathie Avuna
Traveler
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:18 am

Postby Zanathie Avuna » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:14 pm

Even though Zana was slightly occupied at the moment, she glanced over her shoulder and noticed that there was yet another group member gone. This time it was the female drow. This ought to be fun, she thought to herself and Vladmir.

What should we do? Vlad asked, unsure himself.

Improvise.

User avatar
Drakashin
Regular
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:19 am

Postby Drakashin » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:24 pm

Drakin could see Zarae, but kept his eyes on the newcomer so he wouldn't give her away.

He saw the elf glance away, he was so tempted to take her out then and there, but he didn't have a contract on her and he loathed killing people that, more than likely, didn't deserve to die. So as she looked back he continued to hold his non-threatening posture. Grisnaw looked at him quizzically for not taking the opportunity.

Drakin only shrugged his shoulders to the gargoyle then to the elf he said, "Well, if you surrender now, we can both live. If you don't. . ." He let her mind think of what would happen.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin http://www.eilistraee.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin http://www.eilistraee.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1701

User avatar
Zanathie Avuna
Traveler
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:18 am

Postby Zanathie Avuna » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:42 pm

Zanathie looked back at her first opponent, "Surrender? Who ever said I was here to fight? My quarrel is not with you, but someone else, someone in that group down there. I don't want to fight you, and besides, I'm already out numbered."

Ah, yes, you may be out numbered, Vlad said, but with the two of us we can take on these people, and snatch our bounty.

I don't think it'll be that easy, one, because of there numbers, and two, have you seen the weapons the alien and his comrades are carrying? I've never seen anything like it. I say, we get to know them a little more, find out why they're here, and go from there.

I thought you said you hate trickery, Vlad told Zana.

I do, but sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do. Plus, it's my ass on the line if I don't bring him in, and I'd rather that not be the case.

"Alright, I'll lower my weapons if you stand down as well," she told the drow.

User avatar
Drakashin
Regular
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:19 am

Postby Drakashin » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:54 pm

Drakin thought about it for a little. Should he ask whom in the group she was after?

"Fine," he said removing his hand from his weapons. "Shall we go join my companions?" he asked with a sweeping gesture towards the group. He decided to warn the clones about it and leave it at that.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin http://www.eilistraee.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin http://www.eilistraee.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1701

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Postby veraka » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:24 pm

Onix looked to Ryltar and nodded at the mage's statement, deciding to leave it at that. The last thing he needed was to have his allies numbers diminished now.
"My judgment is not on or against you, I'm simply stating the facts as I see them, that's all." That being said, the clone returned his attention to the newcomer that Zarae and Drakin were now flanking her.

Seeing that Drakin had sheathed his weapon, Stalker said "well, looks like this standoff is quickly dissipating. I think we best start prepping a welcome wagon, sir."

Onix nodded his agreement and signaled the Theta's to stand down.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
Zanathie Avuna
Traveler
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:18 am

Postby Zanathie Avuna » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:36 pm

The half drow considered the other half drow's offer. Should I trust him? she thought to herself, strongly reconsidering hit and run. She had to many bad experiences in her past to trust someone on a whim. In fact, it usually took her years to fully trust someone, there was just to much hurt put into trust, especially when you've been betrayed by someone you trusted.

She looked at the drow, then at Vladmir, What do you think? Do we go with him, or not?

What do you think I think? I say we hit and run. Be sensible, Zan. Do you really trust this stranger? Probably not. We can get our bounty when he's alone. Vladmir gave his two cents, and like usual, was incredibly blunt about it.

Do you really think he will ever be alone, though? Plus, they may be gone before we can back track again. And you know I trust hardly anyone, and I'm not saying I trust this guy. But you know we have to do this, I would rather get killed fighting these guys than face my boss, that's the last thing I want to do.

"It's decided then, Vlad and I will accompany you down to your little posy, and you may want to tell the other drow who left the group to join us as well," Zana told the half drow, and scanned the area for the other female drow. "So, shall we go?"

It then dawned on her that she'd seen this drow's face before. He was her next priority after the alien, and she'd totally forgotten. Hmmm, boss will be pleased...very pleased. She looked over at Vlad and saw him shaking his head, and she smiled. Don't worry, be happy.

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Postby Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:58 pm

((well, i was hidden in plain sight- shadowdancer skill...but oh well now, i sopose i can go with it.))

the rogue had stepped back into sight and maintained a neutral stance. then the two spotted her and didnt attack, a good sign. and an even better sign when she lowered her weapons.
but all these people she didnt know, and wasnt sure who to trust still made her uneasy. but she rolled with it (however that cliche goes).
Zarae walked behind the two, maintaining a good distance from them as she also scouted out the area for more people.
Image
signature made by Larlan

~Character~


Return to “Roleplaying”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

cron