A Clone Encounter (Part 2)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Watching Zarae and Drakin engage this newcomer in conersation from a distance, Onix looked around and said; "truth be told, this probably isn't the first time we've been hunted like so and drawn attention upon ourselves."
Onix was referring to himself and Theta squad as he spoke to the rest of his allies around him.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Lothir watches the two return with a half-drow female in tow. She is accompanied by a white tiger, a fact which causes him to study her far more closely. At last, he slowly lowers his blades, and approaches the newcomer with a low bow and a polite expression. "Vendui, milady. I see you finally decided to come down and meet this rag-tag little group face-to-face? might I add, your companion is most impressive- Pashutsa must favor you!"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:3dx11ujj]Again, I'd like to urge us to get with the greetings in a safer place. A piece of the countryside suddenly becoming a charred piece of earth is more than likely going to draw attention to us, and given our luck thus far, it's likely going to want to cut our heads off.[/i:3dx11ujj] The drow shifted his gaze to Lynx, nodding to her, signaling that she should drop the invisibility sphere spell now.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:1wu5h0tx]Mmmm... I can always hold the ...kitty.[/i:1wu5h0tx] She nodded, indicating the chalk dust she held pinched between her fingers, smirking wryly. [i:1wu5h0tx]I reckon I have a Hold spell left.[/i:1wu5h0tx] Lynx brought her left hand up, dismissing the [i:1wu5h0tx]Invisibility Sphere[/i:1wu5h0tx], yet seemed to be ready to cast the spell, should the newcomer and her pet turn hostile.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Looking to Ryltar, Onix nodded his agreement. Tapping his wrist guard, the clone opened up his comm.
"Hawk, ya still there, over?"

"Right here, Theta lead. Finally ready to get going or what, over?" came the pilot's voice.

"Aye, that we are, you know our position?" the clone asked the gunship pilot.

"Got them right here, alright be there soon, ETA: 55 seconds, over and out."

Onix closed the link and turned to Ryltar; "our ride will be here in very soon. After that, yes; I believe that we'll be able to talk out and what not."

Onix looked over at the dead Leecher and turned to Ryltar, and Lynx; "say, either you wouldn't be able to do some of your 'voodoo' magic, and lift that over-sized bastard over here?" his tone was that of joking, but sincere.
"We're bringing it back to determine where the creature laid it's eggs, and I'd rather not have to move that thing [physically[/b] with my squad."
((OOC: Creature's about 15 meters tall, just as a reference))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Thank you, sir. I'm sure Vladmir appreciates you comment," Zanathie said, studying the stranger's face.

[i:1moln3f0]Of course I'm impressive, who wouldn't view me like that?[/i:1moln3f0] Vlad said with a prestigious air.

[i:1moln3f0]Hey, don't get cocky, oh exulted one,[/i:1moln3f0] Zana said sarcastically. [i:1moln3f0]And be nice, will you?[/i:1moln3f0]

She looked over the drow's shoulder at the others who were looking her way. "Now I have a question, and I know there may be several long answers, but what exactly have all these people been doing here? I see the aliens, but I've only been observing for a little while, so I'm curious as to what's going on," she asked the friendly drow, nicely.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:1aizbsel]That will be no problem at all. Will it Lynx? [/i:1aizbsel]The drow gave Lynx a knowing smile as he reached into a pouch and pulled out a small bowl of water. He'd wave his hand over it in small circular patterns as he stared at the creatures corpse intently, the waters in it swirling around in the bowl until they began to rise up into a pillar of ice. As the water contracted into th pillar, the creatures body would also shrink quite a bit. Once the spell was done the creature was 1/16th of it's former size, and the drow would make room for Lynx to perform her own spell.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:iaq3bwl8]Now, that it is smaller... it would not be too hard.[/i:iaq3bwl8] Lynx interlaced her fingers in some arcanic pattern, uttering the words of [i:iaq3bwl8]Telekinesis[/i:iaq3bwl8] quietly, then extended her right hand toward the shrinked Leecher, focusing. Her lips quirked and her thin fingers curled, betraying the effort put into the spell. The slain monster stirred some, then was lifted into the air, hovering three feet above it.

[i:iaq3bwl8]Ah, good. Now come to momma...[/i:iaq3bwl8] The young elf smirked, turning a little pale - spells of this school were still hard and rather taxing for her. Her hand moved with a delicate twirl of her wrist as if she was tugging some invisible string - and the Leecher started floating toward the wizardess, closer and closer, as the [i:iaq3bwl8]Sustained Force[/i:iaq3bwl8] of the spell and her will were moving it. Her eyes were locked on the corpse, then, as it was only several feet away, Lynx glanced to Onix sidelongs and smiled slyly, still concentrated. [i:iaq3bwl8]Where do you want it?[/i:iaq3bwl8]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Well, that depends- do you want the long version, or the short one?" the bard asks with a smirk. "Let's just say we're going on an egg hunt to prevent a bunch of big ugly bugs from eating everyone in the entire world. I think that about sums it up, right, Onix?" He folds his arms across his chest, and waits for the stranger to respond.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix's smirk towards Ryltar and Lynx quickly disappeared as he watched the Leecher's corpse shrink down to about 11 inches in height. The clone nearly went drop jaw at Ryltar's spell and what it did. Had Onix not seen similar, but very differing feats preformed, he would have had his jaw drooping in astonishment.

Instead, a blank expression crossed his face even as Lynx smiled at him. It was her question that knocked him back to reality.

"Just right over here," the clone gestured to a position five feet to his left.

"Can we borrow you two from your world for, like. . . . . ten years to help us kill those damned bugs, and win the war we're fighting?" Pyro asked in his usual charismatic attitude.

"Then they'd take away our jobs, dumbass," Stalker shot back at the explosives master.

"Would you two can the chatter for five seconds; I can barely here myself think," Edge replied to the two.

"Edge, you're always thinking, that's you're damn problem and probably why you always scare off the female marines you encounter," Pyro retorted in a joking voice. The squad burst into laughter even as Edge muttered to himself and went back to checking his weapons over.

Ironside finally chimed in; "actually that'd be kinda fun; I always wondered how those bugs would hold out when my bullets are half as big as their skull." The heavy gunner was referring to the rotary vulcan gun on his back.
"Besides, then we could actually have Bug BBQ," Ironside continued.

The rest of the Theta's looked at him in dead silence. Then finally Stalker spoke up; "We shoulda called you Iron[b:3n5s98s3]stomach[/b:3n5s98s3] instead of Ironside," the sniper replied in his gruff voice, a slight humorous tone in it.

Onix just sighed to himself as his squad went about their usual humorous antics.

Turning to Lothir, he responded, "yeah, that'd about sums it up, as far as our mission goes."
Last edited by veraka on Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:3posgps1]As you wish.[/i:3posgps1] Her wrist twirled again and she directed the floating corpse to the spot Onix pointed at. Then her hand relaxed and she shook it a little, ending the spell. The dead shrinked Leecher hit the ground with a thud, raising a little cloud of dust.

[i:3posgps1]Actually, who knows? We might be quite interested.[/i:3posgps1] Lynx said to Pyro, surprisingly seriously. [i:3posgps1]Afterall, a decade is not that long. But the experience would be rather unique and insightful. So ask us again when we're done with the bugs here.[/i:3posgps1] The sun elf looked to Ryltar then and smiled at him, her eyes locked on his face as she waited for his reaction to her words.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard listens to the banter, and shakes his head as if mildly amused, but stares down at the leecher for a long time while he considers what to do next. Then he gazes out over the devestation, a pained look on his face. "So much lost for so little saved," he mutters softly to himself, so quietly that only someone standing right beside him would hear.

He glances back at the bug, and a dark look crosses his face for an instant. "Perhaps using few of the sonic spells I know would help win your war, as well- assuming you have people up there capable of learning such magic." He tells Onix and the other clones. "Of course, I have very few that are uesful in battle, but with the proper adaptation, even the least damaging ones can be turned to an advantage in battle. Like the one that removed the armor of those soldiers." He smirks, giving Onix a meaningful look.

Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar grinned as he watched Lynx manuever the minature creature to where Onix indicated. Seeing the clone's shock stricken face amused him all the more. [i:345993wi]This is true. Ten year's is but a day for us. The gift of being Quessir. And I'm sure we'd be able to procude quite a few interesting things in our time.[/i:345993wi]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Pyro looked on at Lynx and Ryltar, then smiled, saying "wow for real; that'd be awesome. Hey we could even bring Zarae along and I could show her all the romantic planets that we've been on so far," the commando had an earnest edge in his voice.

Stalker popped the seal on his helmet and removed it, revealing his deeply scarred face, much like Onix's, only with his deep-blue eyes, and light brown hair. The snipe gave Pyro his best 'Are-you-stupid' look and retorted; "Pyro, a romantic getta way for you is sitting on top of a pile of your favorite explosives and drinking fine wines."

"So; I got class," Pyro cheerfully retorted.

"And no brains," Onix threw in, rolling his eyes at the orange armored commando.

"So what, Lead; you know explosives requires very special training," the explosives expert shot back.

"That's for sure," Stalker chimed in with-out missing a beat. The squad roared with laughter, even Edge seemed to be chuckling beneath his helmet.

Pyro laughed at himself, then pulled out a grenade; "hey, head-shot hero, catch!!" He banked the grenade toward Stalker.

Onix's blood went to ice. The sniper caught the frag grenade in an odd way, for the pin was partially pulled out. With master precision, Stalker pushed the pin back into it's slot, and put the hand-held explosive away.

"Are you nuts!!" Ironside shouted at Pyro, who was partially smirking, giving the explosives expert a good shove in the shoulder to emphasize his point.

"Maybe. . . " Pyro retorted, still smirking; "I'm part of Theta squad, am I not?"

Onix groaned getting the meaning of Pyro's joke. However, Lothir's little grin casts his woe down the drain.
"Too right you are, Lothir, too right you are," the clone replies to the bard with a grin of his own.

To Ryltar, Onix can't help but chuckle; "Ryltar, anything more than a pistol in your hands scares me," he said in a humorous tone.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard sighs, and shakes his head again. "I'm starting to think whoever they CLONED you all from was nuts. That would certainly explain it..." He says, rolling his eyes at Pyro's display.