A Clone Encounter (Part 2)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: Woot, I finally got my new avatar link to work! Now I finally have one that actually LOOKS like my lad!!

And V, you should have known this would happen sooner or later, when you started bringing the natives in....
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looks to Maryne and nods, "it's quite alright ma'am, though I'd just as soon understand your desire to return home. However, your offer is much appreciated and I'm more than willing to tell all of you how to best take down these bugs, now if you will accompany me, Maryne, Lynx, Ryltar, I'll get you two the items you both need," he pointed towards Ryltar and Lynx, and then gestured for the three of them to follow him.

Onix made his way through the blast doors, and rounded a corner into a long corridor. ((OOC: remember, everyone can describe the ship along the way to the storage facility.))
"Oh and Maryne, no this is not your 'ordinary infestation, more like a global crisis for Toril," Onix says to the priestess as he walks down the hall.
The clone starts to explain his methods of taking down the Leechers.
"First off to know about these things is that they can sense you, no matter where you are, cloaking doesn't help, so speed is your best asset when fighting these things. Second, and this should go without saying, don't get grappled by any of it's appendages, cause the moment that one of its four protruding fangs touches you, there nothing that anyone can do for you, and believe me when I say that the pain you feel will last longer because of your longevity as elves."

"Alright, now for the nitty-gritty stuff, pay close attention, because this is what we can't do to it. First off, almost all my weapons, save for this big guy, hopefully" Onix pointed towards the plasma cannon on his back, "can't do any real harm to these things, unless of course we had a full on barrage of projectiles aimed at it."

"That said, your basic slashes and hacking attacks are next to useless; these bugs were genetically engineered, like me, only they have a near impregnable chitinous-like armor shell, and they were created using dark sorcery, so most magical attacks, keyword 'attacks', will have little effect on them. However, I do know that concussive-type attacks aimed at their forehead seems to have a stunning effect on them; that said, any explosive force, or high-powered whack should daze it for a couple of seconds, should anyone find themselves grappled"

"Alright, and last, but sure as hell, not least, how to kill these bastards. As I said before, most physical attacks, piercing, slashing or otherwise, they can mostly shrug off from the front. The way to kill these things is pretty simple; a tanto-tipped, or piercing attack to the neck, in between a small crevice in their armor, will paralyze them for about 5-7 seconds and force their mouth open; then another piercing attack to the upper-jaw will kill them, or twist your blade 90 degrees when you've got it in between their neck joint and thrust downward; it'll kill them instantly by severing their spinal column. It sounds simple in theory, but trust me, it is hard as hell in practice."

"How to hunt them however, we're gonna have to find the general area in which the nest was laid, from there, it's relatively easy, but to find a live one, you should always pay attention to your surroundings, look for simple clues along the ground, tracks they'll leave, much a like a spider but deeper penetrating the ground and only six legs instead of eight. A leecher will go out of its way to find darkness just to ambush someone and feed upon them, so be wary of dusk and pitch black environments."

Ironside looked to Zana, and replied, "both sniper systems use slugs to do their damage, just one is propelled using a chemical explosion and the other using magnetism to propel its shot down the barrel."

Ironside looks at the rifle she has and shakes his head; "nope, you're wanting the railgun, up there," he points to a rifle that looks similar to Stalkers weapon; though upon picking it up, Zana would find that the sniper system weighed a whole lot more than anticipated.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

"Awesome," Zana said, shouldering the weapon. She looked on the racks next to the gun, and saw some ammo cartridges. Looking at the rifle, she noticed a pull back lever. Putting two and two together, she realized this must release the next round into the chamber. For some reason the gun felt almost second nature to her, like she'd been around them before. "I wonder if a nice head shot would finish off one of those leechers?" she asked no one in particular.

[i:10qw3g6e]Looking at those things, I don't know how to kill them,[/i:10qw3g6e] Vlad said. [i:10qw3g6e]Maybe a nice cut to the throat...[/i:10qw3g6e]he pondered.

"Maybe we should meet up with Onix so he can give us a few pointers," Zana suggested. They back tracked out the door and found the group still in the hanger. She approached them and heard Onix describing the best ways to kill them. She heard him saying that the best way was to peirce them in the neck, and then through the upper jaw. But he also said that the tentacles were something to be avoided.

"How are we supposed to get close enough to paralyze them without getting struck by a tentacle?" she said quietly, " Unless, I could shoot the neck from a distance, or maybe a spell of some sort?"
Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

As the fight begins to break out Scar sits there still drinking. He heard one of the Dark Elves hit the floor from Drakin's blow to the temple. After slamming down the other shot of one-hundred-fifty proof vodka.

"Fifteen!" he says out loud almost like he was counting. "Give me a bottle of the stuff" The bar tender not wanting to stick around for long after the start of the fight quickly hands him to bottle of vodka, and scampers off.

Scar turns around with the bottle in hand and fire burns in his eyes as he see two of these dark elves begin to rush.

"Vigil!" He yells as he stands up and stumbles a little bit. "Bastards killed him!" He begins to remember that night, the worst of his life.

(Flashback)

Another night sadly he was getting used to being chased, but sadly unlike normally there was almost an army after him tonight. They really wanted this abomination killed. Vigil, his trusty wolf, was by his side weaving in and out of the trees like he always was. Arrow flew past his head and stuck into the trees. they were getting close, too close, and there were more then normal from when the Drow come after him. He quickly glances behind him, and saw all of the Drow. He was starting to get worried now, and Vigil could sense it. No use in running for too much longer both of them were starting to get tired.

"Vigil..." he says to the wolf "...we need to hide, and soon!" the wolf nods his head in agreement, and barks at him. "You are right..." Scar says "The hills are coming up soon."

They came up on the hills and into a canyon. The canyon was deep, and the walls, when they got farther in, towered fifteen feet above Scar's head.

"I know it is here some where." he mumbles glancing right and left as they run deeper in.

The canyon begins to narrow down, and Scar knows they passed their chance to hide.

"Vigil..." he yells at the wolf "...keep running and hide."

The wolf continues off, and Scar skids to a stop spinning around while gathering his Chi. He gets into his fighting stance with his hands held out like knifes in front of him. his left leg is back and his right is in front of him almost fully extended. He was ready for what ever came at him. The faster three of the Drow caught up and were surprised to see him standing there ready. All three began to rush him with their short swords. Scar dodge the swords easily and got behind one of the and quickly grabbed the Drows head and snapped his neck. The Drow fell lifelessly to the ground. The first to react of the two left sent a stab at Scar's stomach. He simply slapped the dull side of the blade and sent it wide while at the same time stepping in and twisting and breaking the Drow's wrist grabbing the sword and buried it deep into the Drow's chest with a quick spin of the blade. The third step back and started retreating till the rest of the Drow caught up to him. Sixteen were there now in that narrow canyon. Scar smirked and drew more chi engulfing himself with it. at this time there was a very faint glow of red around him. He was at the max he knew how to pull and hoped it was enough. The Drow stood there staring him down, and were shocked when they saw the red glow. Up above Scar at the top of the canyon were two more Drow. He was unaware of this. They jumped, their trajectory would land them on top of Scar, they began to yell as they started falling. Scar looks up to see his doom to only fall on him. There was growling and the skitter of claws on the rock. Black fur flashed over him knocking to two drow of their crash coarse with Scar. Yelping, and yelling was heard, but out of sight of Scar. He hears one of the Drow hit the ground with a simultaneous ring of a blade and cutting of flesh and bone. Vigil's head rolls to Scar's feet, and he begins to get infuriated. His chi began to glow brighter and move towards his hands. He hits his knees.

"Vigil!" He screams out in tears. "I told you to keep going you stupid wolf!" He begins to pet the head. Scar looks around at the Drow that killed him. He was seriously wounded. Scar begins to smile.

Scar's chi kept creeping towards his hands, and kept glowing brighter as it did so. Soon it covered his hands a was no where else it was so bright it had to start hurting the eyes of the other Drow, since they put their hands over their eyes. Scar's face went blank and his hands opened. The chi engulfed his body again, and he took a step forward

(End Flashback)

The Alpha's that were rushing Stalker stopped and look puzzled. Scar had tears in his eyes and kept stumbling forward as he takes a swig from the bottle.

"You'll pay for this. That day I made a promise, and I let you touch my friend there." Scar says to the two that stopped their rush.

He takes another staggered step forward, and another swig from the bottle. The two dark elf Alpha's laugh at him.

"What is a drunk midget Half-ling such as yourself going to do?" Says the Alpha closest to him.

Scar just laughs and put on a evil smirk. "Come find out." he says, then takes another swig. At this point he begins to glow red.

The Alpha runs up to him and throws a swing with his right. Scar simply dodges and rolls to his left. He switched the bottle over to his left hand as he did this, and used his right to grab the Alpha's wrist. using the arm as a fulcrum and the moment of the punch Scar throws the Alpha to the ground. Keeping his hold in the process the Drow landed on his face. Scar quickly used his left foot and stepped on the Alpha's Shoulder blade. Using the arm as a lever he pulled and broke the collar bone at the same time this dislocated the elbow. Scar let go and turned towards the rest of the group. He counted seven. Then his face when blank.

"This one is for you Vigil." he says as he looks up tears still in his eyes.

Four of the Alpha's surrounded him after seeing dispatch the one so easily. Scar takes another swig from the bottle, and sets it on the ground to free up both of his hands. His chi started to glow brighter and move down to his hands again. It stopped when is hands were giving of bright red light and the chi that covered the rest of his body was just a faint glow. One of the four Alpha's started to rush him, at that point the other three moved in as well. The first Alpha Marine tried to drop kick Scar. Scar spins out of the way, and falls by starting to elbow drop the Marine. He did it so flawlessly it almost looked like an accident. As soon as he and the marine hit the floor he whirlwind kicks up to knock the other three back. using the whirlwind kick he mounts the Marine and begins to hammer strike his face in. Two of the three that got knocked back recover and pull Scar off of their friend. Attempting to keep Scar's hands behind his back as the third one recovers. He rushes over and begins to hit Scar repeated in the Stomach. Scar laughs after every hit.

"Come on that all you got big guy?" Scar mocks, because the Marines towered over him since he was only 5' 6".

This pissed the Marine that was hitting him off, so he sent a strike to Scar's head. Scar pulled himself forward with the other two marines still holding on to him, and Head butt the Alpha. The alpha's strike landed in Marine's shoulder that was trying to hold him. After this Scar quickly broke out of the hold, and got low and sent a spin kick at the two behind him to knock them down. after knocking them down he stood up and attacked the Dazed Marine he head butt. A few strikes to the head quickly knocked him out and cracked the Marine's skull. As the Marine began to fall he turned around and went after the two that were know starting to get up. He grabbed on by the throat picked him up and clashed him into the other. He dropped the Marine he grabbed and stomped on the others head. The Alpha got lucky and caught the second stomp. He threw Scar of his feet and stood up. Scar quickly Flipped back up and went after the two Marines. one threw a punch that connected to scars ribs while the other threw a kick that Scar caught, and proceeded to snap the knee. Using his right leg he sent a front ball kick to the Marines chest that hit him to push him away, and then sent a snap kick to the Marine's other knee that he was holding onto. With a very loud snap his knee dislocated and his shin broke. The last marine that jumped him began to crawl back to his buddies hoping he wouldn't get noticed.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((awwww yall left me....somewhere. and as for discribing a space ship...im not a nerd, well whatever space thing nerd person thingy.))

the three followed Onix and the rogue was standing there, and then deciding what she wanted to do. she heard the comotion down the hall, as most of the ship had now. she decided to explore the weapons room mentioned earlier as the three discuss the bug infestation.
she walked a slower pace than her normal looking around the ship and inspecting the different parts. her eyes were a brillient violet at the moment. she turned a corner to an empty hall and sveral closed doors. around her was the soft him of the ship and whatever was behind the doors.
'Shade should be here for this,' she said to herself. pulling out the carved (spider shaped) black sapphire in the clasp of her belt, she spoke the word and a small purple mist formed that took on the shape of a 3 ft tall spider. within seconds it had formalized into the physical presence of Shade. a few clicks were heard and the rogue sighed.
"i know, but I have been to busy."
a couple more animalisic clicks and clanks of the mandibles were heard and she just shook her head.
"lets check out this ship. besides, you can get into places i cant."

((yes a spider- b/c i in real life like spiders, but Shade is a follower of Lurue of intelligent/talking beast.))
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

The elf listened keenly to Onix' explanation, then offered a soft nod.[i:ef1n0xbu] I think I shall focus on holding them and boosting the troops, and leave all damage spells to Ryltar. He's stronger in Evocation than me.[/i:ef1n0xbu] Lynx admitted simply. [i:ef1n0xbu]Whereas I am focused on Mind affecting spells, and Hold Monster is one of them. Just need more chalk dust for that one.[/i:ef1n0xbu]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar listen quietly to the explanation of how to kill the bugs and scowled when he learned invisibility would be useless against them. Still, Improved Invisibility might prove useful just for the concealment it would lend him and others to make them harder to hit potentially. [i:d41fmbro]Still not as good as I Lynx, when it comes to Mind Affecting spells. [/i:d41fmbro]

In truth, it was likely they were about equal, and it was likely Lynx whom was superior with evocation. His studies and status of a Shadow Adept weakened his skill with Evocation to a degree, however in return it greatly strengthened his necromantic, illusion, and enchantment spells in turn. Still, dominate wouldn't work on the creature, at least not the Dominate Person spell he knew. He wouldn't outright tell Lynx they were equal with enchantment, as he was proud of how far she had come since he began teaching her. [i:d41fmbro]Disintergate might do well, and Fireballs might prove useful. I think Delayed Fireball Blast might be outside of our skill at the moment, but hopefully for not too much longer. Though.. We may wish to be wary on using Fire Balls down in the Night Below, lest we cause a cave in. Lightning bolt, and Chain Lightning might prove better.[/i:d41fmbro]

OOC: Apologies for not posting sooner. I had a flight to Florida, and there was some chaos after we arrived here since it seemed like one of our bags decided it just wasn't quite ready to part with NJ for ten days, so it dissapeared and came over on a waaaaay later flight and didn't arrive here till about 1 AM.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Lothir is vaguely aware that the strange monk has joined the fray, and sees him put the hurt on one of the Alphas. He glances over at him while ducking a blow, and notes that he is still drinking. <He's a Drunken Master? Oh, wonderful- that explains EVERYTHING...> he thinks, shaking his head as he feigns a punch to a dark elven soldier's gut, only to sweep his leg out and drp him to he floor, then stomp hard on his hand. The marine lets out a howl, and he grins and kneels down to punch him out cold.

He starts to sing a little ditty- one that he hopes the odd monk will appreciate- and suddenly he and his companions are all suffused by a surge of power and confidence, a slight wavering aura surrounding them all. Their hits come harder and more accurately, and they feel invigorated and stronger as the energy suffuses them.

He is clearly enjoying himself, even putting a few little flourishes into his punches and kicks, as if he is dancing rather than fighting, and he may well be, as he spins around a pair of opponents, to slip down and sweep them both to the floor as they charge past where he was standing, He hops back up and into a roll that takes him into a leap at their backs, elbows into the kidneys of both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhUkGIsKvn0

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Stalker saw the crazed Scar go into a frenzy and take down four of the Alpha marines; the clone didn't have time to react as he as he was slammed into the bar by a third marine, even as the two that'd he'd been wrestling with were recovering from their bout with the sniper.

Stalker absorbed the ram into the bar as the marine brought his head up and snapped Stalker's face backwards, splitting his chin open. The sniper recoiled as the dark elf followed up with a right hook.

Stalker caught the incoming punch with an open hand, and returned the move with one of his own, which was also blocked.
The two struggled for a solid ten seconds before Stalker finally brought his forehead down in a practiced head-butt.
The move connected with a sickening 'CRACK'; right after that Stalker balled a fist, snapped his arm out and hit the marine straight in the face. The sniper followed up with a straight-out ball-heel kick to the chest, sending the marine stumbling into a wall. The sniper ran full-throttle at that marine, shoulder-charging the dark elf into the wall, smashing his face into the surface. The marine slumped to the ground.

Stalker whirled about to see one of the two goons that had charged him running toward him. Reacting on instinct and training, the sniper stepped forward with his left foot, sending a speedy snap-punch to the marine's throat. The Alpha gagged as he was stopped in mid-stride; the clone followed up by shifting his feet, bringing his right boot forward and delivered a powered palm-strike to the dark elf's face, smashing his nose in. Again, bringing his left-side around, the sniper brought his left arm back, balled his fist, letting his muscles build up their tension, then fired off a maximum straight in the marine's sternum. The drow went flying into his incapacitated teammate, slumping down as he impacted the wall.

By this time Pyro had awoken fully, and noticed that his brother was about to be jumped from behind; reacting, the explosives expert bolted toward the offender. When he got within nine feet of the marine, Pyro launched himself at the drow, feet first, and delivered a solid drop-kick to the Alpha. The momentum from the kick was enough to send the drow careening forward into the floor. Stalker simply walked over to the fallen marine, and gave him a quick palm strike to the head, knocking him out.

Pyro got up, and with all eyes on him, gingerly said, "Pyro's back and ready for action!!" The tavern erupted in cheer as the clone's and their allies had successfully brought down a team of Alpah Recon marines and with quiet the show. Stalker looked to Pyro and gave him a thumbs-up, smiling as he did so.

All this took place in under a second and a half
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Show-off!! :p :D

IC: Seeing that Pyro was back up, the bard hops over a marine who tries to tackle his legs, coming back down into a low dip as another tries to bash a bottle over his head. He grabs the arm, heaving the offender over him into the first one. both go down in a tangle of limbs, and for good measure he shoves a table over onto them.

After a few more seconds, he looks around, to find that most of the remaining Alphas have begun to avoid the small group, and reaches out to an abandoned bottle of something on a table, taking a quick swig of it as he pauses in his song. Then he promptly uses the bottle on the head of one marine who attempts to sneak up on him, thinking he is distracted. The marine goes down amid a shower of glass fragments and whatever strong spirit was in the now-broken bottle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN9jTnxv0RU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26wEWSUUsUc

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

the rogue turned a corrner down another corridor with more closed doors. the hall ended in a dead end and a very large sealed door. from the looks of it, one for authorized people only. and that only made her all the more interested.
"wait here, and watch my back," she whispered to Shade who had crawled up on the ceiling watching.
walking over to it, she inspected the panel of buttons on the side and for any locks. reaching a finger into a small pocket like chamber of her gloves, she pulled out her lock pick.
she looked back again to double check and went to work looking for a way to break in. her sensitive finger trips ran over the metallic door, looking for hidden switches.
still, nothing, but she was determined now.
glancing over the panel, she guessed some puzzle that required the correct sequence of numbers. there was a tiny hole below the box, almost like a keyhole.
(i have no clue how doors work in these type of space ships. so if i need to fix, let me know. i going with, if power fails another way to get in?)

she heard distant footsteps and the small warning from Shade of the approaching...
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:18ckfymz]Of course, of course, Ryltar.[/i:18ckfymz] The girl glanced at him, her smile was a bit teasing.[i:18ckfymz] Perhaps you can do everything yourself then and I'll just stand behind you and look pretty?[/i:18ckfymz] The viper flicked its forked tongue the drow mage's way, catching its Mistress' mirthful mood.

Lynx took out the projector and tapped it, seeking to activate the device, until finally hitting the right key. The hologram of the spaceship appeared and the elf peered at it curiously.[i:18ckfymz] These decks.[/i:18ckfymz] She pointed with her finger lightly.[i:18ckfymz] Then everywhere next to armories and the vessel's guns. In overall... If I am correct about the proportions... It'd take around eighty glyphs to cover the most areas.[/i:18ckfymz]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar gave a teasing smile in return to Lynx's own. He'd study the map as well and then groaned as the magess said the amount of Glyph's they'd need to make. [i:2dbvi0zc]Only eighty? Well.. I guess we can consider ourselves lucky that we're only doing the ship and not the entire facility...[/i:2dbvi0zc] He paused a moment, as if musing a bit. [i:2dbvi0zc]For now. [/i:2dbvi0zc]The drow resumed tapping his chin, once again musing over potential glyphs to make. [i:2dbvi0zc]We're going to need a few bags of holding worth of quartz I think, and chalk. As well as other things. I might try to make a glyph of my own or two, experiments, mostly. Just to see if it can be done while we're at it. Perhaps something that will summon those kobolds if entered. That might keep potential intruders occupied until we arrive. What do you think?[/i:2dbvi0zc]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looks to Lynx and nods; "while I'd prefer direct assault versus these stupid bugs, I understand the need for support. If you can use that 'hold' spell, like the one you used on the queen we killed, I think we'll be in good shape."

Onix then looked to Ryltar as they walked down the corridor, the clone said "Electricity will work against the bugs, but I'd focus more on explosive or sonic attacks, or at least sound bursts, within your spells, otherwise, it'll be tough to kill the ones that we find full grown."

The clone continued down the corridor, leading the three to the storage unit along the western half of the [i:9ntf2zpx]Nighthammer[/i:9ntf2zpx], for the materials that Lynx and Ryltar were looking for.
Onix looked to Maryne over his shoulder and asked, "so, I take it you're an officer of some sort among the ranks you come from?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

"Hmmm. Home is somewhere I know and feel safe in, I suppose. Hence the need to return. You'll find someplace like that. I never believed I could, and now I feel a fool for ever thinking it." She was about to add more, but stopped as they entered the hallway, staring at the odd structure. Everything seemed so open to her, having grown up around narrow tunnels and lived deep underground for her whole life.

She found it a little hard to pay attention to Onix as they passed a large indent in the wall, which she assumed was a door, but couldn't find a handle. Beside it, a pad with human characters on it below a screen was placed halfway up the wall. She reached and pressed a button, jumping when it made a strange, high pitched sound.

She quickened her pace to catch up to them, "Is there only one nest? How fast do these things breed? And immune to magic ... they must be powerful, indeed."

[color=indigo:3qlkoh84]"so, I take it you're an officer of some sort among the ranks you come from?" [/color:3qlkoh84]

"Ranks? I'm no soldier, if that's what you mean ... I am a priestess of Eilistraee." She shrugged, "And not quite high ranking either ... I spent more time pursuing magic than I ever did any deity's blessing."
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.