A Clone Encounter (Part 2)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar glanced over to Lynx as he listened to the various options, the hand that was presently on Lynx's belly would move up to his chin stroking it. [i:swt76l35] Will there be another briefing about the insects after we prepare. I'm sure Lynx and I would like to explore this ship after we resupply but would also like to hear more about the bugs as well. We can always take a look at the weapons on this vessel later. [/i:swt76l35]
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Lynx looked torn. Of course she wanted to explore... of course she wanted to see all those powerful weapons. But she forced herself to focus on their task, so just canted her head to the side, gazing up to Onix.

[i:3h8igtct]Let's do that. Also, tell Ryltar when you want your Leecher to be returned to it's original size.[/i:3h8igtct] She shut the tome, the movement made the viper stir again. The small - and rather poisonous reptile raised its head and glanced about with its beady eyes before slithering up Lynx' arm to coil around the elf's neck loosely and fall still there like some necklace of sorts.

[i:3h8igtct]Lead on?[/i:3h8igtct]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

At the comments from Pyro, he snickers and slaps the orange-clad clone on the back. "Home-field? Huh. All well and good, I suppose, but I'd be willing to bet some of them might have a hankering for a taste of something more exotic after so many years of 'home-grown' so to speak."

He leans in closer to Pyro, whispering where only he can hear. "Remind me to teach you a little spell I learned from my Magic tutor a long time ago- it's called 'Touch of Rapture'. Turns ANY body part into a hot-spot, if you know what I mean."

He chuckles, and gives the clone a wink. "Got a couple of other fun ones to go with that- 'Speedy Undress'- to get out of that armor faster- and 'Vinegar Strokes'- for when you REALLY want the fun to last. The 'Touch of Rapture' one works wonders when used while giving a massage! The ladies REALLY appreciate that sort of thing, at least back home."

He gives him a sly grin, and mutters, "You fellows aren't the only ones who've been in high demand- my position back home being what it was, I could never seem to keep 'em off me. Being able to please any taste was pretty much a requirement. And I DO mean ANY taste. Like a flock of vultures sometimes. Have to admit, I DID get a little tired of it after a while." He makes a sour face and sighs.

On hearing Onix mention where to go, he nods, and whirls to follow Ironside to the armory. (OOC: Named for a Transformer- I LOVE it!! :p ) "Perhaps we can compare notes later, eh?" He says to Pyro on his way out.

OOC: No, he's not a pervert- but his teacher was!! :p :devil: Guess a little of it rubbed off....
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

OOC: Well, here goes.

A small light appeared near a corner of the room, widening to form a large rectangle on its side that flipped upright, the clear expanse of air within the rectangle shimmering for a slight instant and showing a deserted alley grown over with weeds before a large animal jumped through the door, pure white with horns curving up between its ears.

The light vanished almost instantly, and the creature regarded the room silently, just as another light appeared ten feet away to admit a female drow, garbed in a simple white dress with the symbol of the Dark Maiden embroidered in silver on one side, who stumbled to the floor, clutching her head, "Oh, oh ... vith. I [i:1pw46j20]hate[/i:1pw46j20] this." She looked up at the cat as it stalked over to her, patting the 'ground', "Where in the nine hells are we now? I swear, if this means he told us the wrong way [i:1pw46j20]again[/i:1pw46j20], I'll wring his neck." Muttering curses under her breath, the drow stood up, suddenly aware of the others in the room. Shorter than most average drow, drawing herself upright didn't really make Maryne any more intimidating, but she did it anyway, raising an eyebrow "Well? Would anybody care to explain where exactly we are right now?" Her voice rose to make sure everyone in the room was made aware of her presence.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

Scar couldn't help but giggle a little after Onix twirled around so fast. He ended up walking around and stopped a few steps behind Pyro. He Felt the need to relax and get drunk. He had a faint memory he wished to drown out before he broke down in front of all these new people.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((yeah i know...but if it happen to come up in the Inn, it could be funny. tho she'll visit w/ yall in a bit in there.))

[quote:u1tf3gkx]I never thought the drow could blush.[/quote:u1tf3gkx]
Zarae looked at her with an attempt at a serious look and try to gain some dignity back.
"yes, well..." she sorta stumbled, "next time I wont be taken by surprise," was the best she mustered up as the bard directed his comment back to her. again jesting out of a bit of nervousness of the whole.
[quote:u1tf3gkx]"Don't be so sure, milady. I've known plenty of females who were loonier than a three-headed gnome."[/quote:u1tf3gkx]
"insane is a matter of perspective," she quipped trying to tease him back with the casual remark.

hearing the different choices after most the joking was done, the rogue wasnt sure which to pick. and as she could sorta tell from some of the others, they were a bit torn too. she stood trying to decide

then magical energies appeared before them. someone was [i:u1tf3gkx]teleporting [/i:u1tf3gkx]in? and out hopped a mountain goat(?) followed by a female drow.
(if she is in Facade, i should meet her later, so i will go ahead and assume i know u. if im mistaken or u rather we not know, then i will edit it.))
seeing her look so familiar it registered, "Maryne?" the young rogue asked.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He caught Zarae's remark as he was following Ironside out, and called back with a short laugh. "Ha! You're only saying that because you've never met my sister. SHE'S nutty by ANYONE'S standards. Or do women normally skin their mates alive? I can never be too sure..." He says innocently.

He heads down a corridor behind the taciturn clone, marveling at the doors opening by themselves. "Have to remember that for later," he mutters, and quickly pulls out a small thin book whose pages are mostly empty, along with a quill pen, and begins to write as he walks along, pausing every few minutes to examine the paneling or the strange little pads of buttons by some of the doors. When they reach the armory, he steps inside, and nearly drops the book and pen as his hands fall to his sides in utter astonishment at the contents of the room. (OOC: I'll leave the description of what he sees to you, V!)

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

The elf blinked as yet another drow and some creature appeared, so the girl rolled her shoulder, freeing herself from Ryltar's embrace, turning to face the newcomer as she of course was able to determine the drow female appeared here by magical means.

Her tome got tucked into the satchel swiftly and her nimble fingers curled some as her eyes locked on the woman's face - Lynx got ready to counter any spell the female might try to cast, should she prove hostile. The viper wrapped around her neck raised it's head again and flicked its forked tongue out, tasting the air.

[i:2zkel54f]By the Triune...[/i:2zkel54f]Lynx muttered under her breath. [i:2zkel54f]This place has a rather heavy traffic. Might need to check it for magic beacons.[/i:2zkel54f] As the wizardess spotted the symbol of the Maiden, she lowered her hands some, yet remained alert. [i:2zkel54f]Nice of you to barge in here and then demand explanations, lass. Does it happen here often, Onix? You might want some protections on your vessel.[/i:2zkel54f]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar himself whirled about when the new Drowess appeared, seeing the symbol of the Maiden he'd sneer a bit before he'd compose himself and replace the expression of disdain with a smile. [i:2s9wnnhg]Manners, miss. It is we who should be asking you how you got here. Though, it's possible whatever magic that decided to twist the mass teleport Lynx and I took, affected your own method of travel.[/i:2s9wnnhg]
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin hands went to hilt of his weapon as a doorway opened up in the room. As a female Drow stepped out and demanded to know where she was.

Grisnaw, who was also close enough to hear the newcomer's comment about wrong directions said, "I'd say you took a wrong turn somewhere around Luskan which took you directly up about three hundred miles or so. . ."

As the gargoyle said this he pointed to some kind of energy field, through which millions of stars could be seen as well as a random asteroid here and there.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

As Zana and Vlad were contemplating which way to go, someone somehow telaported in. "What?" Zana turned to look at the new comer when she demanded to know where she was. "Bold, I wouldn't do that," she whispered. Knowing drawing attention to ones self wasn't the best way to go. [i:1mfqc8ds]First me, then this crazy Scar guy, now yet another? These clones must be popular folks.
[/i:1mfqc8ds]
[i:1mfqc8ds]I agree. We were just pursuing them because of a bounty, but this is just weird, [/i:1mfqc8ds]Vlad said with a slight hint of surprise in his voice. [i:1mfqc8ds]You'd think they would have some sort of defense system on this ship.[/i:1mfqc8ds]

[i:1mfqc8ds]No kidding. But just think, they are aliens from somewhere else in this universe. Maybe there is no magic where they come from. Just look at the weapons they have, we know nothing of these kinds of things. So changing the subject, I vote we follow Ironsides.[/i:1mfqc8ds]

They turned to follow Ironsids, but were walking a about twenty feet behind. It turns out, the armory was going in the same direction Vlad and her had attempted to go earlier. The corridors had different intricate designs that Zana had never seen before. "This is amazing," she said, looking up and down and all around. "I can't wait to see the armory. Maybe I'll get one of those fancy weapons that they carry. What says you, Vlad?"

[i:1mfqc8ds]Just don't point it at me, gods know what comes out of those things and what kind of damage they do.[/i:1mfqc8ds]

"That's why I want one. Perhaps they have something that is meant for shooting strictly from a distance. Something for a sniper. That would be most useful," she said out loud, forgetting that she could tell him in her mind. Besides, her specialty was shooting from a distance, most helpful when a bounty hunter.

[i:1mfqc8ds]How about something for me?[/i:1mfqc8ds] Vlad asked.

"Maybe they have steel claws," Zana joked.

[i:1mfqc8ds]That actually sounds rather intriguing,[/i:1mfqc8ds] Vlad thought about it and liked the idea.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Pyro snickers at Lothirs and responds, "I'll take you up on that offer when I've given the chance," he replies as the bard travels through the blast doors.

Turning to his brother, Pyro motions for Stalker to come on and the two clones head out of the blast doors toward the resting area and the tavern.

Onix heard the portal open up and the creature come through; in under a split-second, the clone had his sidearm out and pointed at the portal and its arrivals.
However, once he saw the odd symbol that he'd seen off of Lothir, he lowered his pistol and listened to her questions. Though she was shorter than most dark elves he'd seen, Onix sensed that this female was an authoritative figure just by the air around her.

[quote:5p7npqek]"Well? Would anybody care to explain where exactly we are right now?"[/quote:5p7npqek]

"Ma'am, you're on-board the [i:5p7npqek]Depraedor[/i:5p7npqek] heavy assault-carrier, [i:5p7npqek]Nighthammer[/i:5p7npqek], our mothership; though by what power, I know not; as to the [b:5p7npqek]where[/b:5p7npqek] you're in space right now, about 300 to 500 miles outside Toril's atmosphere," said to the commanding drow female.

To Lynx's comment, he replied, "Believe me, this is as much of a first for me and everyone here as it is you; and we do have protection, but not from the sporadic magics that invest this system."

Ironside led the way to the Armory; when he opened the door, he
heard Lothir's arms fall to his sides as the drow looked into the room.
"Like what you see?" Ironside snickered to the stunned bard.
Along the walls of the armory were weapons galore; from ranged to melee, this place had it all. Assault rifles, carbines, pistols, SMG's and shotguns lined the left wall. Among those weapon were the HMG that Onix and his squad used, the railgun that Stalker favored, even vulcan guns, like the one Ironside favored, was up there, as well as the regular weapons that the Marines carried. Even a few energy weapons, like the plasma cannon that Onix carried lined the walls.

On the opposing wall, was the melee weapons, everything that one could dream of was on the walls. Longswords, shortswords, greatswords, axes, double-bladed weapons, sabers. Some of the more exotic choices featured katanas, tantos, flails, shuriken, katars, even reinforced gauntlets and tiger claws were among the choices.
Vibration generators were next to them, allowing for easy installation of all the weapons.
"And now you see why I like this duty," Ironside hooted to the bard while setting his vulcan down.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

Scar kept pace behind Stalker and Pyro as they moved out. He stayed a few steps behind them and stayed silent hoping they would be at the tavern soon. He could really use a drink.
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Zana gazed out in amazement and she quietly walked around the room, looking, just looking at the assortment of different weapons. She'd never seen half of them in her life, especially these guns, as they were so called. She carefully touched one of the assault rifles and ran her hand along it, not sure exactly what it did.

She carefully approached Ironsides and this was the first time she'd ever been this close to one. Though she was tall for a half- drow (5 ft 8in), she felt incredibly short standing next to this giant behemoth with armor. It's the armor that intimidated her slightly, and that's what made them look so big in her eyes.

When she stood next to Ironsides she asked, "Do you by chance have anything for sniping in this room? Or, I should say, any of these, um...guns? Are they sniper guns, or sniper...rifles? Is that what you call them? And if you do, could you tell me exactly how they work?"

She was sightly wary of the clone, and unsure about what he might say, he might just flat out deny her the right to know anything about these guns. Why, she didn't know, but some people were just like that.

[i:1h6wnffz]Why do you want to know so much about these guns?[/i:1h6wnffz] Vlad asked.

[i:1h6wnffz]Why not? The more weapons I have, the merrier I'll be. It'll make my job easier.[/i:1h6wnffz]

[i:1h6wnffz]But you have me,[/i:1h6wnffz] he said in a mock pouting voice.

[i:1h6wnffz]You're my distraction, not many people look away from you when they see you.[/i:1h6wnffz]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"By the Maiden!" Lothir exclaimed as he sw the array of weaponry before him. "It's like being back home again- only half these weapons look like something a mad gnome might create..." He paused at Ironside's question, and frowned. "I'm not sure. I don't know whether I like it, or I should be afraid. Yes, my family would DEFINITELY kill for weapons like these- to say nothing of what they would do WITH them." He shudders briefly, and walks into the armory, looking over the many melee weapons.

He picks up a few swords of various types, one after the other, and gives each an experimental swing or two. After a moment, he turns, and shakes his head. "If it's ll the same, I think I'll stick with mine. These are certainly as fine as any I've seen, but they do not feel the same- there is no soul in these." He looks over the array of ranged weapons, and spies a small crossbow that looks as if it shoots some sort of incendiary bolts. "This looks interesting, though. I know a gnome who would love it!" He chuckles, thinking of his last encounter with the pyromaniac wizard.