The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 4

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Post Reply
Calabask
Regular
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by Calabask » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:04 am

Kalannar paused in his running when he heard Luexana call after him. He muttered a bit and remembered her dress.[i:tjj7c9hc] Alwa's wit' the dresses sh' be[/i:tjj7c9hc]. Doubling back he'd poke his head out from the tree line, grinning. [i:tjj7c9hc]Y' shoul' probabl' los' th' dress love. Otherwise ya won' ge' anywhere in thi' forest.[/i:tjj7c9hc]

User avatar
Luexena Deana
Regular
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Luexena Deana » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:14 am

She paused, considering his words, then looked down at her beautiful silken gown, realizing he's correct. [i:3l2rqbh7]...Alright. One moment.[/i:3l2rqbh7] Moving behind the fence again, she reached to her pouch, taking out another set of attire, dark pants and a loose white shirt, then untied the lace of the corset, shedding her dress. The lavender-colored silk slipped to her ankles, the drowess tiptoed and stepped out of her gown, feeling the breeze with her skin, then quickly put the other set of attire on. She picked up her gown, folding it carefully and tucking it away, taking out a pair of sandals which she slipped onto her feet. Lastly Luexena tied a belt with a dagger sheath around her waist, tossing her braid onto her back. [i:3l2rqbh7]Ready.[/i:3l2rqbh7]

Calabask
Regular
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by Calabask » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:19 am

[i:38to4txm]Y' know lass. Ya didn' nee' t' 'ide behin' th' tree. It's no' like I 'aven't seen y' close to naked before.[/i:38to4txm] Ryltar quipped before again laucnhing into the forest. About ten feet in, he's unsheathe his rapier and would begin hacking at the branches and undergrowth, his smile getting bigger with each step. He'd then pause taking a deep breath once again through his nose before he began heading north a bit. [i:38to4txm]An' I wouldn't min' seein' i' again.[/i:38to4txm]

User avatar
LiNeee-niss'xae
Traveler
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:38 am
Location: Australia, QLD.

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:20 am

For moments she stood there, watching him turn red and glare. Then before she knew it he had stabbed the bar, her head tilted almost in confusion though more in curiosity.

[color=darkred:3kml0sqx]"I would probably draw my butter knives if that was the case; but I'm more likely to pull it on anyone who harms a kid for merely acting like a child,"[/color:3kml0sqx] Onix growled at her, LiNeee didn't seemed to mind one bit.

However before she could reply, another had joined the male's side, a sturdy hand upon his shoulder, [color=darkblue:3kml0sqx]"You do realize, Onix, that the lass here has a point. First off, she did inform the lad that her horse was injured. Secondly, if the mare is hers, then would it not be in her best interest to make sure the horse was in good condition and that she was cared for. I'm not disapproving of what you said, my friend, just that the drowess here does have a valid point." [/color:3kml0sqx]This one said, LiNeee straightened her head and gave it a stiff nod, the aasimar was right, of course, she had over-reacted, but that was how her breed was, was it not?

The clone, however wasn't finished; he yanked his knife from the bar and the other gave the bartender; who was red with rage, a few coins for the damage. LiNeee watched on and waited for Onix' reply, which came as he looked back up at her;[color=darkred:3kml0sqx]"though I agree with my paladin friend here on your point, does what the lad did justify your reaction as well. I've been on this rock long enough to know about drow and their disposition, but he's still just a boy. Does that reason justify the reaction I saw. Hells no. That being said, please refrain from doing that again."[/color:3kml0sqx]

[i:3kml0sqx]"And so you are right,"[/i:3kml0sqx] she said, [i:3kml0sqx]"however,"[/i:3kml0sqx] looking down at the bar; [i:3kml0sqx]"You yourself just put on quite a show over a few words, is that not what I did myself?"[/i:3kml0sqx] Her fingers were running over the groove he had made in the bar, her eyes locked on his before he turned away to another question.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval

User avatar
Luexena Deana
Regular
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Luexena Deana » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:32 am

[i:2gqmk6kn]I was not hiding![/i:2gqmk6kn] She scoffed softly, following Kalannar as he was making way for both of them. [i:2gqmk6kn]At least not from you, you crazy man.[/i:2gqmk6kn] Her hand rested upon the hilt of the dagger and the young woman frowned a little. [i:2gqmk6kn]What is it that you ...smell?[/i:2gqmk6kn] One of the branches he bent, straightened, almost slapping her across the face, Luexena managed to bright her left hand up the last moment, shielding herself. [i:2gqmk6kn]And hey... careful there![/i:2gqmk6kn]

Calabask
Regular
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by Calabask » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:36 am

[i:n7gqujat]S' ya be wantin' me t' see th' good's then love? I'll b' sure t' ge' a better view nex' time.[/i:n7gqujat] He grinned back at her and continued along, ignoring the question about what he had smelt. Though when he heard the branch smack back and almost strike her he had to stifle a small snicker. [i:n7gqujat]I a'. No' my faul' yer clumsy![/i:n7gqujat] His smile to her was playful, his tone teasing. It was clear he was enjoying her company.

User avatar
Luexena Deana
Regular
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Luexena Deana » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:41 am

She just sighed, falling quiet, feeling she could not win this game. Her slanted eyes locked on the back of his head for a moment as if she tried to burn him with her gaze, then she smiled and shook her head, focusing on their surroundings, just following the pirate. Her hand resting upon the hilt grasped it tightly and she flinched, stiffling a yelp when one of the forest birds, awaken by the noise the two were making, took a wing right before her face, startling her.

Calabask
Regular
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by Calabask » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:47 am

Hearing the commotion behind him, Kalannar dissapeared from view entirely as he vanished into the shadows of the night. Though a moment later, he'd reappear where he was, chuckling loudly. [i:1boj446u]S'. Le' m' ge' this strai'h'. Th' same priestess whom made fun o' me runnin' from wha' seemed to b' a real dragon is afraid o' bird's? I b' tellin' th' dwarf abou' this, tha' I be.[/i:1boj446u] With that he'd turn and bolt into the foliage again, taking off at a dart. If she persued him, she'd stumble into a clearing, with no sign of the half drow. Though his location was likely evident as within the large clearing there was a lake which reflected Selune and all of her tears on its surface.

User avatar
Luexena Deana
Regular
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Luexena Deana » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:45 am

[i:1oxl09ii]Not afraid, just was startled![/i:1oxl09ii] She attempted to protest, but it was too late. Kalannar already vanished from the sight. Luexena stepped out toward the lake and shook her head, the motion made her braid sway across her back. [i:1oxl09ii]And why am I not surprised[/i:1oxl09ii]? The priestess approached the lake, glancing about warily, then took a seat upon the shore, close to the water, admiring the reflection of the darkening sky upon it. [i:1oxl09ii]It's beautiful.[/i:1oxl09ii] She sounded genuine, smiling some.

Calabask
Regular
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by Calabask » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:10 pm

As she admired her reflection in the pool she could spy a boot near the waters edge, and a second half buried in the dirt and water lay near it. Soon afterwards other articles of clothing would slowly be carried in from the gentle waves of the lake, a belt.. A scabbard... The half drows vest... And then finally his breeches, which was a good indication that he was very much nude, somewhere in the darkness, and somewhere within the depths of the lakes water.

Rather abruptly, the stillness and calmness of the area would be startled as the half drow seemed to launch out of the water, doing a sommersault in the air before diving beneath the surface once again, the moonlight casting hjis gray-green skin in an unearthly glow in the twilight hour. Kalannar would then make his way over to Luexana at the edge, swimming rather quickly before he reached a depth that would allow him to set his feet down in the much. [i:3abru7z7]So, y' comin' i' or no'?[/i:3abru7z7]

User avatar
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Aylstra Illianniis » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:58 pm

"Excuse me, friends, but I think I need a bit of air," Lothir says after a few minutes. As much as he loves the company and the comfort, he finds himself wanting some time alone, away from the noise and stress of others. The female who had argued with Onix reminds him of home- a little too much- and suddenly he realizes how long it's been since he last did a proper Evensong.

He gets up, and moves to the door, going out without another word. Outside, he looks up at the dusk settling, and strides off toward a small garden area near the inn, where he finds a secluded place and pulls out his lute, and begins to sing softly, just letting the melody come as it will.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:45 am

the rogue looks to Vala and Palax confused then to the others at the table.
"did i miss something?" she asked.
looking around she turns back attention back, "when do yall plan this trip? and who all is going?"
Image
signature made by Larlan
~Character~

User avatar
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Aylstra Illianniis » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:03 pm

"No, i think he's just getting restless. He's like that sometimes- just seems to want to go wandering about alone for no particular reason." Vala watches the drow leave with a small frown, then shrugs. "I'm sure if it was something important he would tell us. Though I'm guessing he's anxious to get started. But I cannot go down there with these two- it's far too dangerous." She sighs, and looks down at the pair sleeping in the basket. She idly strokes the girl's head, as she was getting a bit fussy in her rest. "I think i'll stay behind this time."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188

User avatar
Luexena Deana
Regular
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Luexena Deana » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:07 am

[i:38dsd6jc]In a bit. Enjoy your swim for now.[/i:38dsd6jc] She replied evenly, then rose up, walking off to the opposite side of the glade, finding a spot for herself. It was a time for her Evensong and she felt the need to express her feelings to the Goddess. The drowess leant against a trunk of a tree and closed her eyes, singing wordlessly, quietly. The wind carried her song across the glade, so the distant echo of it reached the lake. The melody was hauntingly beautiful and sad, only in her Evensongs Luexena'd been allowing herself to express her true feelings, usually hidden behind a polite smile.

Calabask
Regular
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by Calabask » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:50 am

Kalannar frowned as she walked off and began her song. He'd move to float on the surface of the water, resting comfortably as he listened to the sorrowful lyrics that emanated from the Drowess whom had vanished for the moment at least. He laid there wondering just what was upsetting her, and he made up his mind to ask her, upon her return to the shore.

Post Reply