The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 4

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Post Reply
User avatar
Luexena Deana
Regular
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Luexena Deana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:01 am

Luexena was standing a few steps away from the door, gazing out, focused on her spell, so Kalannar's voice made her flinch and break the concentration. She turned swiftly, her dark lips quirked a little. [i:2rcgk6ev]Why, greetings again, Kalannar.[/i:2rcgk6ev] Quickly she wiped that worried expression off her face, masking it with a light, pleasant smile. [i:2rcgk6ev]Decided to get some fresh air as well?[/i:2rcgk6ev] Her eyes closed a moment as she was still -listening- intently, hoping to get a reply to her [i:2rcgk6ev]Sending[/i:2rcgk6ev].

User avatar
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Aylstra Illianniis » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:49 am

"Oh, he's trying to rebuild the city, and offered us a place there as part of the reclamation. It's sort of a personal favor. And he's sort of in charge of the effort, so I suppose that anyone who has problems with it would have to take it up with him. But it does present a unique opportunity."

He looks at Zarae, and grins. "In fact, I could even recommend you for a place, too, if you wanted. Mind, it's not all formal yet, but I'd wager he would agree."

"And yes, we are planning an expedition Below. Onix, I'm thinking we need to get some things together if we are going to do this. A few wagons, some 'entertainers', maybe a few things to sell. And maybe a guard or three."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:39 am

it was clear on her face she was considering the thought. at least a place between travels if nothing else. somewhere safe with no fears or watching her back. she wasnt ready to settle down. there was too much of the Lands of Lights to explore still. and of course truthfully, she could never stop looking over her shoulder. that was the curse.

but she focused on the possible mission in process of being planned.
"my house was known in Lith My’athar for poisons, potions, and especially famous for a dye only my oldest brother knew how to make. it kept us as second house as long as the city was old." there was some hesitation, and some hidden pain speaking of her family, but she continued, "I have a few vials, and I know the secret ingredient. but, I do not have experience in making such things. but I say all this, because I think this could be a very good front for getting into such a city. an apothecary merchant. and of course caravans often had guards and those who had special talents in other fields, such as entertainment. but I dont think you mean that kind," she said looking over to Vala.
she breathed out and paused a moment before continuing.
"do you have someone familiar enough with the city?"
her mind argued how stupid she was to even consider this. to go so close to the claws of the Spider Queen?
Image
signature made by Larlan
~Character~

Calabask
Regular
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by Calabask » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:53 am

[i:1585ncd7]Thi' place b' far too i' lan' fer m' t' enjoy it. I be preferring th' air of th' sea, 'r a lake. So maybe, I jus' cam' ou' ta keep ya company. No wor' from yer sister then, I take it?[/i:1585ncd7] The half drow seemed rather calm, though also on edge. Occassionally he'd toss a glance over his shoulder but for the most part he had a merry way about him. T[i:1585ncd7]h' dwarf ratted ya ou'.[/i:1585ncd7]

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by veraka » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:10 pm

Onix glared at the drowess with red glowing eyes of death; then, fast as a bolt of lighting, drew on his tanto fighting knives from its sheath, flipped it around in his armored hand and slammed it into the wooden surface of the bar with such force that it penetrated more than half a foot into the wood. The tanto was only a few feet away from where LiNeee was.
Silence filled the air as more than a few patrons gave stares to the clone.

"I [b:1bs47u83]would[/b:1bs47u83] probably draw my [b:1bs47u83]butter[/b:1bs47u83] knives if that was the case; but I'm [b:1bs47u83]more[/b:1bs47u83] likely to pull it on anyone who harms a kid for merely acting like a child," Onix growled to the drowess, her comment about the child not going past his attention.

Veraka saw that coming and shook his head; "so much for that method."
Walking up to the clone, the aasimar placed an armored hand upon the clone's shoulder.
"You do realize, Onix, that the lass here has a point. First off, she did inform the lad that her horse was injured. Secondly, if the mare is hers, then would it not be in her best interest to make sure the horse was in good condition and that she was cared for. I'm not disapproving of what you said, my friend, just that the drowess here [b:1bs47u83]does[/b:1bs47u83] have a valid point."

Onix looked the aasimar in the eye, but nodded. His armor turned red as the clone engaged max strength and yanked his knife from the bar.
Veraka pulled out a couple pieces of gold and handed them to the barkeep.
"That should cover the repairs," Veraka said with finality, then turned and walked over to Lothir.

The clone turned back to LiNeee; "though I agree with my paladin friend here on your point, does what the lad did justify your reaction as well. I've been on this rock long enough to know about drow and their disposition, but he's still just a boy. Does that reason justify the reaction I saw. Hells no. That being said, please refrain from doing that again."

[quote:1bs47u83]"Were you really serious about going down with me to Menzo?[/quote:1bs47u83]

The clone turns back to Lothir and replies, you're damn straight I am, because it's crap like that," he emphasized the young stable boy that had just ran outta the inn's doors, "that I want to prevent. If you're going as well as me, then my katanas are with you a hundred and fifty percent. Also, agreed; if you're as serious about this as I am, then by all means, I'm with you there."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Aylstra Illianniis » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:26 pm

He nods to Zarae, and grins. "Come to think of it, a potion-maker would fit in nicely. You're welcome to come along if you like. And no, we don't have a guide, but I'm sure that if we ask around, there's bound to be someone with a decent map of that area. fortunately, caverns usually tend to have few ways in or out, so as long as we stick to the more traveled tunnels, we should find it with little trouble. Unless you know someone who could take us?"

The bard looks at Onix and his tiff with the drowess, and rolls his eyes. He moves over to the trio, hoping to head off a fight before it erupts. "Onix, i know how you feel about this sort of thing, and i fully agree, but it seems in this case, BOTH of them were slightly in the wrong. Bad manners in children aside, such manners in an adult are even worse, as they at least know better. BUT! It's really not our place to get involved with a cranky traveler reprimanding the help for poor service. A better choice of words would have been in order here, but no harm was done, so let's all just drop the matter, eh?"

"Well said," chirps Vala, smiling. Palax simply glares at the drow.

"His meddling is going to get him killed one day- we can hope." He mutters quietly, though not so quiet that others cannot hear.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188

User avatar
Luexena Deana
Regular
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Luexena Deana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:06 pm

Luexena sighed softly, looking away now. [i:p4q1o7fp]Not a word. I am... worried by it. We're supposed to meet here several hours ago, even her mate is here. But she is not.[/i:p4q1o7fp] She reached up, rubbing her temple some, trying to decide what to do, hiding her expression carefully from Kalannar and from everyone else.

[i:p4q1o7fp]Caine's going to look for her. I just hope she did not get herself killed. You saw Rae. She is a magnet for all kinds of trouble.[/i:p4q1o7fp] It took her a moment to regain her composure, then she turned to look to Kalannar again, straightening her shoulders. [i:p4q1o7fp]Caine will let me know if something went wrong. I must say though, it's sweet of you to come here to check on me.[/i:p4q1o7fp] A corner of her mouth went up. [i:p4q1o7fp]Or were you just hoping to steal my money? [/i:p4q1o7fp]Clearly she was joking now, meaning no real insult.

Calabask
Regular
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by Calabask » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:10 pm

[i:21fnc1ef]No' all tre'sur' be silver an' gol' love. [/i:21fnc1ef]The half drow shot back as he crossed his arms across his chest. [i:21fnc1ef]I be thinkin' yer sister will b' fine thoug'. Sh' seemed fairly capable las' I recalled. So wha' is i' y' be plannin' t' do th' rest of the nigh'?[/i:21fnc1ef] He'd turn a bout once again, gazing around the area, trying o get a feel for it as it were, or looking for any sources of water.

User avatar
Luexena Deana
Regular
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Luexena Deana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:17 pm

She watched him for a moment, then motioned him to follow, turning and heading around the inn. Her bare feet stepping lightly across the grass and cobbles as she did not look back, pretty confident the man would follow her. [i:30hr8qq4]I do not know[/i:30hr8qq4]. The priestess replied calmly. [i:30hr8qq4]Soon it is the time for an Evensong. And after it? We'll see.[/i:30hr8qq4] They reached to the entrance of the garden again, the place where she met Zarae, and Luexena pointed to the fountain with a smile. [i:30hr8qq4]I figured you're looking for something like this?[/i:30hr8qq4]

Calabask
Regular
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by Calabask » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:21 pm

Kalannar did indeed follow, curious of what she intended. [i:22vx72xg]E'ensong? Wha''s tha'?[/i:22vx72xg] He asked as they rounded the corner and came upon the fountain, The half drow smiled upon seeing it and went over to it, dipping his hands into it and splashing some of the water over his face. [i:22vx72xg]No' a lake, bu' 't will do for now. Gonna need t' fin' me a pon' some time.[/i:22vx72xg]

User avatar
Luexena Deana
Regular
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Luexena Deana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:27 pm

[i:sc8mzqi9]Not sure if there are any ponds around, but there is a bath house. You need a dip, yes?[/i:sc8mzqi9] Luexena watched him calmly, quite aware of the man's heritage and his gills. [i:sc8mzqi9]Must be hard for you to be out of the water for so long. [/i:sc8mzqi9]She stepped closer to the fountain, seating herself upon it's edge, her feet not touching the ground as she enjoyed the occasional droplets of water on her skin. [i:sc8mzqi9]And the Evensong is a daily.. prayer of sorts one offers to the Lady, privately. All your concerns, all your joys and hopes, they all are offered to Her in a song, Kalannar.[/i:sc8mzqi9]

Calabask
Regular
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by Calabask » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:31 pm

[i:lvplu2uu]It can' be. Yea'. I wouldn' be traveling t' no deserts. Tha' b' for sure. [/i:lvplu2uu] He'd dip his head and neck in the fountain now, relishing in the feeling of the cool water on his skin and his hair. He'd then pull back his skin glistening lightly in the moonlight now. He'd Think back to the book she had given him some time ago he'd quirk a brow and would look over to her, a bit of a sly grin crossing his features. [i:lvplu2uu]Tha' be wher' ya stri' naked an danc'?[/i:lvplu2uu]

User avatar
Luexena Deana
Regular
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Luexena Deana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:44 pm

She chuckled at that, dangling her feet. [i:ipwjhcti]You sure -love- this idea. But no. It's a song. Dancing is a different type of worship, sorry about stealing your thunder.[/i:ipwjhcti] Luexena poked her tongue out at him, somewhat childlishly, then assumed a more serious expression again, just watching the half-drow. [i:ipwjhcti]Shall we return? Or feeling like spending more time here, outside?[/i:ipwjhcti]

Calabask
Regular
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by Calabask » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:53 am

[i:1u6zttnh]Damn. An' 'ere I though' I migh' get t' see a fine sight[/i:1u6zttnh]. Kalannar raised his head and took in a deep breath through his nostrils as he then glances over to the treeline. [i:1u6zttnh]I be thinkin' w' shoul' go explorin'. I thin' m' nose has caugh' onto somethin'.[/i:1u6zttnh] And with that he took off with a dash, vaulting clear over the fence, apparently not even looking back to see if she followed as he dissapeared into the tree line, confident that she too would follow.

User avatar
Luexena Deana
Regular
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Luexena Deana » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:00 am

Her curiosity flared and she ran after him, grasping at the folds of her dress and pulling her skirt up some so she would not trip. By the fence, however, she paused, unsure she could climb it, dressed as she was. Quickly the young priestess looked around, searching for a gate, then rushed to it. [i:3iipck3q]Hey, wait up![/i:3iipck3q]

Post Reply