The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 4

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Over his newly dealt hand, Onix's keen eyes pick out the odd character that just had his drink delivered to him. To even Veraka's own eyes, the waitress just looked to have stumbled, but to the clone's sharpened red orbs, the move spoke volumes.

"I'm out," he said in a dead-pan remark, with enough force and speed to prevent anyone from saying otherwise. Putting his hand on the table, the clone got up from the table and made his way over to the odd character, an armored glove going for one of his knives, when a platinum armored guantlet gripped him.

"Just [b:1jt6rb8u]what[/b:1jt6rb8u] exactly are you doing?" came Veraka's low-tone question from behind the clone; "mossy on over and engage the stranger in a knife fight; doesn't seem like you, friend."

"Takes one to know one," Onix retorted in an even calm tone.

"One what to know what?" Veraka asked, genuinely curious, but still wary of the clone.

"Takes an assassin to know an assassin."
At this, the platinum clad aasimar raised a silvery brow. Onix looked him in the eye; "and [b:1jt6rb8u]how[/b:1jt6rb8u] exactly, do you know that?"

"What? you think that all two decades of training were pure front line and assault; no; suffice to say that I was trained in ALL aspects of warfare, and assassination is on that list."

The clone knew from first hand experience a trained killer when he saw one, and this stranger was setting off all sorts of alarms in his head.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

(okay... who is sitting where? just please, point out your location, I am a bit confused too at this point)[/size:5gz5g31l]

Luexena canted her head at Zarae's question, sitting at her table in the corner, her hands still stumming the lute gently, a sweet quiet melody drifting in the air. [i:5gz5g31l]Just anything you'd like to share, sister. You said you do not meet many of us... Where are you from?[/i:5gz5g31l]

She glanced over to Caine briefly, mostly out of habit, to see if the nutso elf was behaving, then her gaze locked on the dwarf and she flashed a smile to him, calling out. [i:5gz5g31l]Order some milk and more tea, dear Delrum, please?[/i:5gz5g31l]
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

Next to the table of card playing people

Eliath noticed the scrutiny a half elf was giving him, and from the posture and the way he looked at Eliath gave him the impression that this was another person who made a living in the shadows of the world. With a small grin at the half elf's theatrics, Eliath stood up, and walked over to the table he sat at, and gave him a wink, "Greetings, the blessings of the desert be upon you." Keeping up with his Calimshan disguise.
Death is an inevitable process of this world. The lords and heroes of this realm kill just as much as I. I simply profit from death, and so they call me evil.

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: The cards are not shown, that was just what their hands contained....

IC: "You have talents, Gareth? Who knew?" shrugs the drow, snickering. He looks through his hand, and discards two cards. (the seven and nine, giving him a 32)

He idly glances at the two strangers in the corners, and looks up in surprise as Onix gets up from the table and goes over toward one of them. "Now, you wouldn't be starting a fight, would you? Because I'd really hate to have this lovely inn busted up, or get tossed out."

"Palax glances up, sees what is going on, and lifts one brow. "Interesting friends you have," he mutters. He discards two cards, and takes another (lose one three and the two, gains a six of daimonds) Vala frowns at her hand, and finally shrugs, before simply shrugging (she has a 56!).

"I think I'll stay." She says, though not entirely sure of herself.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((sorry. i'm not a good writer and my grammer definately shows it.))

Ariali smiled again as she leaned against the rail twords the top.
then she was a bit embarressed at herself. "i normally dont drink such things. but I will learn to not say, 'what there having.'"
thinking a second, "what kinda bad choises?" the nieve lythari asked. "unwelcome behavior?" her face showed the confusion before she registered, "oh."
she started up some the steps more careful as she stepped up, one soft boot at a time.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth slicks his hair back, "Hmm, I don't know... I fold." Gareth slides his cards across the table to the middle of the table. "Man, I much prefer blackjack. So much easier, the cards from everyone were all visible. Bah, il keep playing anyways." He waited fro the next round. "Hey everyone, i have an idea, for every round you lose; finish your drink! If you fold take a sip.
Swifty
Maid
Maid

Post by Swifty »

The assassin gave the new comer a 'what do you want' look. He didnt hide his thoughts. And whatever persona this one before him was trying, he could see thru it. Though whatever the man was, he didnt know, as of yet.
Forcing some civility in an effort to do his job, he mumbled under his breath before replying, "and what blessing does one expect from a desert?"
then he took another sip of the mug.
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

Eliath laughed, "Many. Water, a cool day, a swift horse. A good hunt. It is a common greeting amongst people in the Calim Desert." He smiled, and likewise swallowed a mouthful of ale. "I am new to this area." He leaned forward, so only the elf could hear him, "It is obvious to people of our profession when we meet another like ourselves. So let us dispense with the foolish banter and be civil. Like honest killers." He dropped the Calimshan accent from his voice, "I am simply passing through here. If this is your city, then I have no intentions of interfering with your business. Unless, of course, your name happens to be Elo." He straightened again, and slipped back into his Calim persona, "I am a hunter, wandering Faerun in search of ever new creatures to hunt. Gable is my name." He stretched out his hand in greeting.
Death is an inevitable process of this world. The lords and heroes of this realm kill just as much as I. I simply profit from death, and so they call me evil.

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
Swifty
Maid
Maid

Post by Swifty »

He scoffed at the comment of the desert, tired of useless talk. The male finally got to the point and he listened.
"Straight to the point, most intelligent thing I have heard all night."
His voice was low, for the other assassins ears only. Taking another sip his eyes were still locked with the fellow assassin. he didnt believe in some brotherhood or partnership nor even territory. He did a job as long as was worth it.
the half elf nodded to the extended hand. He didnt do such a foolish human tradition. the assassin leaned forward in a similar manor as the other male, "If you see me, I wasnt meant for you."
He finished the last sip of the drink and set it down with a bit harder clink than usual, intentionally to irritate the waitress, yet not enough to draw attention from other patrons. He leaned back again, arms crossed to study the other with him.
"Gable," stressing his name, "I would suggest some of the Cormanthor [i:1q811pbl]dhaerow[/i:1q811pbl]; a large House of them. [i:1q811pbl]If [/i:1q811pbl]you want a challenge."
His tone suggest a past with them as well as a personal hatred of them.
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

Eliath chuckled and leaned forward, dropping his voice again. "There is plenty I see, and even more that is meant for me. However, I was told to kill a human, and you are most certainly an elf. Or a damn good actor. Either way, I see no need to start any fights in this inn. Not either of our styles, I'm assuming." He emptied his mug, and put it on the table, waiting for them to be picked up. "If you ever find yourself in need of... assistance, the Velvet Gloves have an opening." He waved a hand, "The pay is good," Eliath drew a khopesh out of its sheath, to show its quality, "And the guildmaster is very kind to his own. Consider it, won't you?" He stood up, "Fancy a game of cards?"

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

the rogue wonders how much she should say. after all, she didnt know these people, but she doubted they were of those hunting her.
"well, i have been traveling the Light Above, a few lunar cycles. months i think there called. If your familier with us from the cities, then I am a houslesss rogue."
She reached into her pack and pulled out a half empty waterskin. she drank a few sips before speaking again.
"tell me of yourselves. yall are an odd bunch, tho I supose i have traveled with some before, not long tho."
there was alot more to those comments, but nothing too major.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

At first, all is in good humor with the big bull, a soft chuckle preceding, "I think you should probably stick to wine, I find it is a favorite among elven kin that drink fermented beverages at all. You can also just have water."

Further along those naive questions come to him, and even before the realization comes to Ariali, there is a profuse dark blush that shows within his ears, not to mention how he hides his face behind his hand a second, having a heated mental argument between honor, and desire. There is his doubts that it would matter, doubts that the lithe elven beauty could even handle coupling with him. But then the naivete, the drunken state, the ease with which he might convince her, and away from his tribe so long, desire for a woman at his side for even a night so terrible... in the end, though he follows to make sure she gets to her room alright, his embaressment, and attraction are both plain to read, if she has in fact learned to recognize such expressions.

He will see her to her room, safely, and return to the others, unless she decides otherwise. That risk will be taken at her discretion.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

The priestess noticed the rogue evaded giving the answer, but did not insist, inclining her head now. [i:g5tx64y7]We're hailing from Deepingdale. On our way to the Lady's Temple, to visit my father and grandparents. Besides Caine needs to be introduced to my grandmother.[/i:g5tx64y7]

She looked to the moon elf again, flashing a little smile to him, suspecting he might be nervous about the said meeting. Her fingers kept striking the chords lightly, a quiet yet teasing melody was drifting in the air.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

The dwarf would nod to Luexana and the rogue before hailing for an order of tea, milk, and most importantly of all in the dwarf's mind, a pitcher of ale. [i:1cwuf5et]Aye, and I be a friend of her fathers. Came to Deepingdale to watch over her an' her sister after they 'ad som' troubles there.[/i:1cwuf5et]
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

"a temple, on the surface, i have only seen 1, a small glade in, Cormanthor I think. so you are surface born and raised?" she asked with much curosity, her eyes giving it away as they were violet in hue from the maroon.
"it is interesting to see our people getting along with the surface people. one doesnt see that often. and that yall," indicating the dwarf and her surface cousin, "have moved past the prejudgices. are yall two also from Deepingdale?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~