The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 4

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

"As if 'e coul' 'it me love." Kalannar grinned at Luexana once more while Delrum grumpily chose to fall silent and try to enjoy his ale in peace. When Zarae mentioned the bathhouse, Kalannar's brow would quirk. "A bat' 'ouse? Tha' migh' b' interestin'. I still b' thinkin' ya lot are weird fer makin' bat' houses though. Can' settle fer just taking a dip in the sea or somethin'? Lan'lubbers." He shook his head a bit at that, though it was clear he wouldn't mind taking a dip regardless.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

she smiled to that, "i have only see the ocean from a distance. but springs do often work well enough," replied as she absentmindedly played with a strand of maroon hair.
finally she had to ask, "your accent, I havent heard of it, at least not of an..." she was about to say a surface cousin, but paused, the idea clear what she was implying.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:c4z0emqg]Just do not accept his bet of him snatching a coin from the bottom of the pool. He cheats[/i:c4z0emqg]. The young priestess smirked a little, accepting a new plate with food from the barmaid as her food was stolen by Kalannar. [i:c4z0emqg]But a bath sounds like a lovely idea.[/i:c4z0emqg]

Luexena stared at the plate, falling quiet, something was still bothering her. Her sister was not coming around and she was getting worried greatly. [i:c4z0emqg]Excuse me for a moment.[/i:c4z0emqg]

The drow pushed herself up, walking to the door quietly, her bare feet carrying her across the floor with ease as she pushed the heavy door open and slipped out of the inn, taking a deep breath. Then she paused, trying to focus on the [i:c4z0emqg]Sending[/i:c4z0emqg], this time trying to reach her sister. [i:c4z0emqg]Where are you? Are you well?[/i:c4z0emqg] The breeze played with the folds of her lavender dress, making the silk rustle quietly.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: Finally!! I've been lurking off and on or two days with nobody on. Was starting to think everyone left, lol!

IC: Vala sighs a little at her beloved's outburst. "Well, at least one of you is willing to bury the matter. Just give him time- he'll come around eventually. I suppose he just needs to get used to the idea."

The bard shrugs, and downs his glass. "Seems like he's had more than enough time. I'm just tired of fighting. I left home to get AWAY from that sort of thing. It reminds me too much of my family. Just without the back-stabbing."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((lol, so have i, been checkin in once in a while to see no one posted or was even on...weird..))

As Luexena hurried off she looked to the males confused.
"whats going on?" she asked.
as a waitress picked up her empty plate. the rogue didnt want to bother the priestess at the moment and she had no idea how to even think to help her.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:jz4bz66f]Sh' b' worried abou' 'er sister. Sh' was supposed to mee' us 'ere. [/i:jz4bz66f] Delrum replied, taking a sip from his drink. [i:jz4bz66f]'er mate arrived, but not sh' 'erself. [/i:jz4bz66f] Despite this Kalannar didn't seem overly concerned, chjoosing instead to take a sip from his bottle once more. [i:jz4bz66f]'erhaps sh' jus' got sidetracked. Mayb' somethin' shiny popped alon' an' sh' be getting it fer the lad. I ca' alway's try ta woo th' lass, give 'er somethin' else to think abou'.[/i:jz4bz66f]
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the rogue nodded her understanding. she had for many years believed she had lost her twin brother, one she had been close to, when House Kilanatlar fell.
"is there possible trouble?" she asked, "woo her? I didnt think she liked you all that much?" she joked, guessing the male would then prove her wrong and go to her, and if nothing else make sure things were ok.
((if he goes))
looking to the dwarf(and who else is at the table), "well i have enjoyed this time here. i am going to see some old friends and then head upstairs."
she stood up dusted off her midnight blue shirt nodded to the group and made her way over twords the group of old travel companions.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Aha! and that's my cue...

IC: The bard looks up to see Zarae coming over to the table, and gives her a warm smile and greeting. "Well, Zarae, it's about time you stopped snubbing old friends. I was beginning to think you'd had a bump on the head and forgotten us!" He teases her, grinning as he pulls out a seat for her. "How have things been for you, milady? Well, I hope."

"Oh, almost forgot my manners. Zarae, this is Vala Seyr Quirin, my- er, consort-to-be, I suppose- and Sir Palaxendor is the grumpy fellow who looks like her. He's not the most agreeable sort though, for a knight. And the two in the basket are Zaknirrachel and Mayerelaen."
He nods toward the basket on a separate chair, with its two small sleeping bundles inside, dark gray faces with golden tint and soft silvery-white hair poking out.

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

she smiles to the group as she approached. she wouldnt stay too long, but enough to 'catch up' (i think thats the word) and say hellos. of course their last adventure that lead into outer space and into the underdark hadnt been too long ago. she remembered the adventure quite well. she even remembered her first one up in the bitter north and the large group dealing with Teardrop Lake.
the rogue faked scoffed to the comment, "I figured I'd better stop by sooner or later."
she sat down in the chair and said hello to the others (forget who all is at the table at the moment).
"it has been awhile, and for some of us to all appear here this day? yes i am doing well i supose, just traveling this surface world, being ran out of some towns, enjoying the sites of others."
she waved to the sibling.
"consort? you finally settled and found someone and produce more of you" she said, genuinely happy for the bard (that might not wrote like it was meant. sorry bout that). they had had a little something, but it was not meant to be. but the happiness of the dragoness and the two wrapped bundles was clear.
"well met to you. I'm Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar. or Zarae for short."
she still had the habit of using the ingrained title of her house name, tho she had been able to drop the title of her station while living up on the surface. she put her elbow on the table and looked to the others also in greeting.
"so where is your wife? and kid? kids?" she asked also to the warrior (i think veraka's here.)
then turing to the clone, "decided to stay in our universe a bit longer?" (i have no clue how that will end, so im going with a genaral one)
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

[i:2u06n5sz] "Well I say," [/i:2u06n5sz] LiNeee prudently hissed as the two males left the Inn, in haste. One slamming the door. [i:2u06n5sz] How quaint. [/i:2u06n5sz] It had been such a long day for the Drowess, problem after problem arising seconds before and after her every breath. First the cart wheeling goblins who had struck her horse and injured her, then came the elves, remarkable creatures, and yet LiNeee hated each and every one of them without a single' hesitation. Why; you ask. Well, that of course is simple, LiNeee, being her little predjudiced self, has an understanding for those who choose the light. Cast away to the shadows and the under worlds, what could one ask for that would be...Better?

[i:2u06n5sz] Argh, [/i:2u06n5sz] there she was talking to herself again, leaning backwards she fussed her hair out of her face and let each eye droop shut. Images sprouted like flowers on the underside of her eyelids, death and povety, infants crying; shouting. She slammed her eyes open just in time to watch the happy little waitress deposit the [i:2u06n5sz] requested [/i:2u06n5sz] drink down infront of LiNeee; she merely nodded.

[i:2u06n5sz] "Excuse me?" [/i:2u06n5sz] came the feint voice of someone trying not to interupt, though just in mentioning the two words; they already had. LiNeee turned to the left just as her fingers weaved around the small tankard of plum wine, [i:2u06n5sz] "Hmmm?" [/i:2u06n5sz] Charming, a little elven boy. LiNeee hid the sigh with such force as she took a strained sip of her wine, tongue rolling over her lip to clean it of liquor.

[i:2u06n5sz] "What can I do for you?"[/i:2u06n5sz] She asked rather casually, her english exceptionally good considering it was a second language. Of course one couldn't help but to not miss that devine accent that layered it with beauty.

[i:2u06n5sz] "Well, I tended to your mare, the one you arrived on?"[/i:2u06n5sz] The boy told her, sliding into the seat adjacent to her. [i:2u06n5sz] "I found several bite barks on her rear legs, care to explain? [/i:2u06n5sz]
A fury ripped through the Drowess like no other, she tilted the glass up, rincing the rest of her wine into her mouth and letting it gurgle down the back of her throat. The boy sat there, watching her every movement with those wide eyes, oh how she'd like to see them pickled.

[i:2u06n5sz] "I have nothing to explain to you, little one."[/i:2u06n5sz] She exclaimed, [i:2u06n5sz] "a simple task of washing, feeding and bedding my horse was all that was asked of you. No explanations needed, now perhaps I could explain how to get back to the stables, or better, perhaps I could get you a journal on the pathetic job you seem to have been bestowed. Best be on your way." [/i:2u06n5sz] With an even voice that only rose once throughout her lecture, LiNeee nodded and rose from her chair. [i:2u06n5sz] "I will be out early in the morning to pick her up," [/i:2u06n5sz] were the last words as she strode towards the bar and the other that stood there boasting.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((OOC: now this is gonna get interesting, :lol: ))

Veraka raises a brow toward Zarae, then chuckles, "Well, let's just say that she's definitively in one of her flaring moments along the way, so I figured I'd head out with Aurora and find some good income along the way. Suffice to say that she's constantly badgering me to get my ass back to her, just because she needs me presence. For what, I've no idea. So I'm just roaming around with the furball and trying NOT to kill every fool that I encounter along the way."

Veraka jested toward the bar, giving him a knowing wink.
"Not that I would [b:2li5rn1o]want[/b:2li5rn1o] to see our bardic friend here go, but now, he has a responsibility, so I feel somewhat. . . compelled to ensure he stays that way."

Aurora let out a low chuckle or what passed for one from a wolf.

Onix felt his former curiosity and intrigue with the newest arrival, as he stopped in his tracks on his path toward her. his face turned almost expressionless, but behind that emotionless expression, Onix wrestled with a new found rage that he felt surge forth upon seeing the way LiNeee treated the young stable boy. To the clone, the youngster was just doing his job.

Veraka turned his head and said "ohhh no; not good. Lothir, what is that clone doing?" Veraka pointed out Onix to the bard. ((Aylstra, you of all folks should know just how our commando feels))
"This could get ugly fast," Veraka replied as he started to get up from his seat.
[i:2li5rn1o]No, wait,[/i:2li5rn1o] came Aurora's voice in his head and toward Vala and Lothir; [i:2li5rn1o]Let's just see how well our soldier friend handles a new, unknown situation.[/i:2li5rn1o]
Veraka stopped, then shook his head; "alright, furball; but it's what that clone [b:2li5rn1o]can't[/b:2li5rn1o] do that makes me a little on edge."

Onix suppressed a very, [b:2li5rn1o]very[/b:2li5rn1o] strong urge to walk up to the drowess and smack her across the face with his maximum strength, as he narrowed his crimson-glowing eyes upon her as she walked up to the bar.
However, the clone refrained from doing so; he'd caused enough ruckus for one night, so decided to try a more smoother approach, but his rage was still there, and he was barely keeping it under a lid from going supernova. Striding right up to LiNeee from behind, the commando tapped her on the shoulder with a degree that made sure his presence was known.
"Ya know, Miss, kids tend to react better towards one if they show a bit of compassion toward them, versus open hostility, regardless of their job or position in society," Onix said in an even tone toward the drowess, though there was acid and ice in there as well.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"I'm rather inclined to agree, miss. I've seen slaves in Terrillis who were not treated so rudely. " The bard gives her an arch look, as if to say he finds her lack of manners toward the help deplorable.

After a moment, he turns back to veraka and Zarae, and chuckles. "Make more of me? Oh, heavens- I don't think this or any other world could handle that! Still, it's funny that you should mention it, because while we were traveling here from Candlekeep, I started working on plans for a new House- a friend of mine offered us a place in Lothen- an empty manor we can simply take over, since the city is mostly abandoned and in ruin- and I thought it would be a wonderful opportunity to found my OWN house here on Toril. A way to restore the honor and good name of the Elterrinos family. I've even been working on convincing Palax to be my Weapon Master. All I need is a few dozen good warriors to defend it, a House Mage, and some diplomatic or trade connections, and House Elterrinos will rise once more to the place of respect it once had back home. And this time, it will be WITHOUT the stain of my father's crimes to shame it."

He grins, and turns back to Onix. "Were you really serious about going down with me to Menzo? Because, I was thinking of doing some 'recruiting' while I'm at it. I honestly can't think of a better way to send Lolth's minions into a tizzy than to steal a garrison's worth of soldiers out from under the Matrons there. Everyone knows the common soldiers always work for who ever pays them the most, or offers them the most power, so what could be better than to offer them better pay AND a place of their own up here? How many do you think would serve a House that would give them the chance to earn their own place, where they are not forced to pay service to some fanatic Matron, and where their efforts and skills are appreciated?"

LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

LiNeee, eyes narrowed and hands on either side of the bar, watched the young stable boy struggle to get up and walk away. Though that is exactly, what the youngen did.

A sigh caught her as the boy slipped through a gap in the large doors, however new company seemed to sprout up right beside her; and as she turned around to see who it was, she realised there were many who looked at her with appalled expressions. Her jaw dropped.

[i:2am2xrk2][color=darkred:2am2xrk2]"Ya know, Miss, kids tend to react better towards one if they show a bit of compassion toward them, versus open hostility, regardless of their job or position in society,"[/i:2am2xrk2] [/color:2am2xrk2] came a males voice from beside, she looked up; Onix was the chaps name, she'd heard it a couple of times in her short stay.

[i:2am2xrk2]"I know, all too well actually."[/i:2am2xrk2] LiNeee looked around uneasilly for a moment, if she said something wrong now, the whole place would go up in ruccus, [i:2am2xrk2] "I just don't understand how he could demand such things from me, I know myself that my horse is injured, I told 'im on the way in." [/i:2am2xrk2]

Her soft voice merely rose but a pinch, those ivory eyes slanting downwards as they narrowed slightly, [i:2am2xrk2]"I thought it was considerably rude to be questioned about a mount, that belongs to me. Not to mention, sir," [/i:2am2xrk2] her voie had levelled out, along with her back as she began to relax, [i:2am2xrk2]"the obscene gesture the boy gave me on the trail, if you thought I was rude then, I dare say you would draw your butter knives to what I wish to do."[/i:2am2xrk2]

An innocent expression, yet none-the-less she had just admitted to wanting to kill the little Elven boy. Her shoulders lifted in a simple shrug as her eyes saught out his, could she really take this bard if he dared to attack her?
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the idea of a house on the surface intrigued the young rogue. she hadnt heard of many of her kin doing that besides the few in Cormanthor, and those two were Vhaeraunite houses.
"thats, sounds very interesting; a [i:20le5c7e]home [/i:20le5c7e]up here of one's own." a few thoughts ran thru her mind before she continued, "but would these surface folks allow that? wouldnt they believe we ilythiiri were up to something? and recruiting folks would be another thing."
the tiff between the drowess, the stable boy and the clone continued, so the rogue stayed out of it for the moment.
she caught the conversation directed to the clone about traveling to the City of Spiders, and this peek her interest more, clearly shown on her face thru her eye color of now violet.
"yall are thinking of traveling down?" she asked very intrigued.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:ao8b1i5w]I be thinkin' I'm gonna go an' get some rest meself.[/i:ao8b1i5w] Delrum commented befoe begrudgingly hauling himself up out of his chair and making his way to the stairs. Though, not before ordering a pony keg. Kalannar meanwhile made his way outside the inn to Luexana, humming a little tune. [i:ao8b1i5w]'ello agai' darlin'.[/i:ao8b1i5w]