The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 4

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

:smirk: ((If that dagger's meant for Krom, better not miss. Hit anything not vital, and the back-hand will probably throw an elf across the room))

His reason for coming to city and inn, apparently unheard by the dwarf, Krom gives a shrug, and turns his eyes instead on the various sorts of elven folk bustling about, showing a sincerely sympathetic smile for one stumbling up the stairs. He has done this before, though there was usually at least one town guard helping keep his path straight, lest he put a horn through a wall, or worse.

In fact a little bored, and unable to follow the conversations in Drow tongue, the bull takes a big swig of his ale, then rises to follow Inrii. Now surely as much of a sight as he is to watch, who would ever expect to see such a sight, as he lending two supporting hands, gently as the towering barbarian could, helping this comparable wisp of a female up the stairs, and if she'd allow, to her room. He has his doubts if she understands common, so proceeds to grunt his way clumsily through what little bit of goblin he knows, [i:3ukuphxd]"Not safe, drink so much, walk alone on steps."[/i:3ukuphxd]
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((hehe...Inrii aint here...but thats ok. i know it gets confusing since im playing 2 characters, well i guess 3 now. but anyway, its Ariali.))

((before actually falling onto the bed...))

Ariali was surprised to find the large bull guy helping her up the steps. her face began to blush, nearly matching her burgandy hair. she didnt understand what language he spoke. if they didnt find a common one, then she could cast a quick spell. but she remembered him speaking with the others in the tavern, so he must know some of the human tongue.
"do you speak the human language?" then she asked in elven the same question, also in drow and draconic. she didnt think he would know celestial as few did.

((since theres no character killing, i doubt swifty is. likely he's going after an NPC. but if u want him to, he could prolly arrange that...;) ))
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

The trouble with those Barbarian types, they seldom learn many languages outside of Common, and those commonly used by their tribe, and sometimes common enemies ( be they always enemies, or circumstantial ones). Alas, he looks even more perplexed by her replies, elvish, and draconic were totally foreign to him. Drow, he's been hearing plenty of, since arriving, but it too is pretty much gibberish. It is the inquisitive tone of the words alone, that he risks giving a nod to the affirmative, hoping he has not been asked if he is trying to make unwelcome advances, or something else terrible. He's not had the chance to mate yet, and honestly finds the idea of making advances here, laughable, having his doubts if this delicate creature could handle him. For all his time in human lands, he's learned though, to appreciate furless beauty.

((Oh, well Krom wouldn't kill him if he stayed down. But no, let's avoid the killing attempts. All for a bar-fight, if it comes to pass. Lotta NPCs with sore skulls, and Krom prolly one of them that gets to spend a night in a cell.))
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((she did speak in common, then asked if u spoke elven in that tongue and so forth.))

she giggled as he nodded yes to every question. "so which is it?" she asked in each language (a question in [i:13ckncnz]each [/i:13ckncnz]common, elven, drow and draconic).
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

((It was all a context thing, and a misunderstanding of how it was written.))

Glad not having to stumble through Goblin anymore, and realizing the human tongue again, he nods again, "Human... Common I know better, and much more fluently. As I was trying to say, ascending stairs alone, after so much drinking, isn't safe. Believe me, though it takes a fair bit more drinking, I have ascended many a stair with one or two town guards helping me reach the bed, without putting out any walls in the process, having a sober hand help you there, is much safer... and might spare you any bad choices you might otherwise make as you wander to bed. Glad am I, you speak this language, I feared I was agreeing to an inquiry about unwelcome behavior." Now, not that she's unattractive to his human-exposed mind, but he remains aware, the dangers, not just a matter of size differences, but cultural as well. Perhaps, if he were ever to be exiled... such thoughts did not set well with him, no matter how he might've been interested.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Offering a nod to the patrons and a newcomer, Luexena took a seat at the table. [i:1nnpnnk0]Join us, Zarae, please.[/i:1nnpnnk0] Then she looked over to the dwarf, replying in common. [i:1nnpnnk0]This is Zarae, dear Delrum. One of the Lady's children. I met her outside. [/i:1nnpnnk0]

Then the priestess turned to the drow rogue and smiled a little. [i:1nnpnnk0]Would you like anything to eat or drink, sister? You must be starving from the road. Ask Delrum, he will fetch you what you want.[/i:1nnpnnk0] Luexena picked up her gloves then from the table and put them into her pouch, watching the minotaur walking off. [i:1nnpnnk0]Rest and enjoy your time, Zarae.[/i:1nnpnnk0]

The young drow crossed her legs again, one of her bare feet dangled in the air as she put one of her knees over the other, picking up her lute once more and resting it in her lap, playing a quiet and lighthearted tune. [i:1nnpnnk0]And tell me some of yourself when you're ready.[/i:1nnpnnk0]

Despite of her relaxed stance, Luexena was watching the other drow female curiously, trying to read her intentions, emotions, always keeping in mind the danger of encountering her kinsmen. Yet she seemed to be willing to give the rogue a benefit of a doubt.
Caine Tir'ein-Deanna
Maid
Maid

Post by Caine Tir'ein-Deanna »

A smile broke Caines face at meeting the woman then he looked around a little, confused mostly. 'soo heya lass, I'm zee great Caine Tir'ein or Deana or Caine'Tir'ein-Deana or...' breaking into a Snickers 'anyway, yes yes, I am also da grand high muckity muck and Poohbah of the Green Changling'
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard hears Caine's introduction, and snorts in laughter. "Well, what do you know? And here my friend Palax always says MY official title is lofty!" He chuckles, and grins at the elf's antics.

"In any case, Eight-Legs it is. The game is actually very simple- one starts with a hand of seven cards, and can discard down to five. The object is to have the hand with the highest multiple of eight at the table. A hand of 24 beats a hand of sixteen, and so on. The cards use the basic number values, although face cards, aces, or jokers can be wild, depending on the dealer's preference. Otherwise, an ace is either one, or eleven, as normal for most games, and faces are all 10. A player can discard up to twice, and can exchange cards for new ones only once, and only up to four from his hand. After he has exchanged cards from his hand, he must play the hand he holds, excepting for discards. Simple enough?"

(OOC: In other words, it's a variation on blackjack crossed with poker, using multiples of eight instead of getting closest to 21.)
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka, seeing Ariali stumble up the stairs, was about to move to assist her, but was a little startled when the minotaur gave her a hand.

While he didn't have any qualms with the big bull helping her out, the Storm Warrior had become a little protective during his last adventure with her, and his other friends.

The aasimar was about to get up and go over to Ariali, but a gripping, firm gloved hand gripped him on the shoulder, keeping him from getting up. Onix's voice sounded from behind him, "let her be, buddy; trust me when I say that the [b:3b9cgegs]last[/b:3b9cgegs] thing that you want to get into a bar brawl with is a minotaur. They're not easy to take down, even in a friendly brawl."

Veraka looked at the clone with a dumbfounded expression; "[b:3b9cgegs]you've[/b:3b9cgegs] fought a minotaur, and [b:3b9cgegs]won?[/b:3b9cgegs]"

Onix just grinned as he took his hand off of the warrior's shoulder.
"I've been trained since day one to take down bugs that are twice his size by myself and that have the ability to drain the very life that you call you're own right from your body. You tell me, light-weight," Onix snickered as he took another long drought of his wine.
Bringing the drink away from his mouth, the clone shook his head; "this stuff never gets old."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth shuffled the deck a litte and drew 7 cards, he gave another 7 to Xyris and put on his best poker face. Gareth told the nearest waitress for 2 bottles of ale. "This is wonderful, 2 of my favorite things in the entire world, Drinking and gambleing. Lothir really knows how to start off a party." Gareth passes one of the bottles to Xyris. "Alright, lets start this game up." Gareth said and peered to his cards, hoping for the winning hand.
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

Since this is an inn, I don't have to ask to join, do I?

Elliath calmly entered the inn, up until the point when he saw the group of drow sitting at the table, playing a card game. His first instinct and reaction was to drop his hands to the hilts of his khopeshes, but he caught himself before actually drawing them. He slowly uncurled his fingers, and walked to the bar, and ordered an ale. He slowly walked to a table next to theirs, and sat down, trying to avoid their notice, drawing on the magic of his cloak to hide himself better. He wore the disguise of a middle aged Calimshan male, with brown hair, that hung down beyond his shoulders. He also used his hat to change the disguise to appear a little more muscular, and also added a few scars, hoping to make himself seem more intimidating. He sat down, sipping his ale, and watched them play, and listened to their conversation.
Death is an inevitable process of this world. The lords and heroes of this realm kill just as much as I. I simply profit from death, and so they call me evil.

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Why thank you, Gareth, you really know how to brown-nose," he quips back, and holds up his glass for a toast to the teifling. He takes seven card himself seven and nine of clubs, two and six of spades, queen of diamonds, and four and king of hearts), while the two-gold-skinned siblings each do the same (Palax has threes of both hearts and clubs, five of diamonds, eight and two of hearts, and a king and ace of spades. Vala's are ace of hearts, two and king of clubs, six of hearts, and jack, nine, and eight of spades.)

"Can't believe I'm doing this," mutters Palax, huffing slightly. Vala just smiles, and shrugs.

"Well, brother, look at it this way- it will keep you occupied so that your hot temper doesn't get us- and by 'us', I mean YOU, into trouble..."

"I thought that was HIS job," he replies, glancing meaningfully toward the drow.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Swifty
Maid
Maid

Post by Swifty »

He noticed another of similar profession. for one can tell these things. He watched, pondering. Had his own employer sent them after him? If they had, they would end up like the target. the waitress returned, drink in hand. she went to set it roughly, intending to spill some on him. quick reflexes brung his arm up to the glass before she could tip it. That arm being held, his other hand came up and took the glass from him. She watched and waited. the assassin took a swing, his green pools gazing into her own hazel eyes. when nothing happened, her eyes grew scared and she tugged her arm to get away. His vice like grip released and she nearly tumbled. huffing again she hurried to the back and out of sight.
With a condescending smirk he took another drink from the glass. What the waitress didnt know was that he had become immune to poisons, just a side effect of his profession.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((ok, so whose at which table?))

Zarae nodded to the dwarf as she sat down. "um, maybe some milk?"
watching the priestess play she also looked to the other tables. her keen eyes spotted several in the back, others she guessed were trying for discretion. after she had studied everyones location, placed sounds with bodies or voices with faces, she turned to the question. when no one was intending to do her harm at the moment, she lifted up her gloved hands and pulled back her deep crimson hood. she pulled her hair out of her face.
the rogue thought for a moment; what to say?
"well, what would you like to know?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth rose his glass, "Its one of my many talents." Gareth joked, What no one knew though, is that Gareth was a weasly bastard when it came to card games of many types. His favorite was blackjack, and this was close enough. Many people don't know Gareth has an exceptional talent at counting cards. Gareth had a 24, a reasonable hand, He looked as everyone showed their cards and someone acted as the dealer.