The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 4

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((lol...she's aloof in such things. social awkward with naive about the world...bad combination at times, funny situations))

Ariali chuckled to that. "I think i will stick with water in these places."
she turned to thank him when she noticed he looked, different.
"are you sick. I am a cleric if you need healing. tho if its a curse, you might need a more powerful healer," she said concerned.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

It comforted Krom, to hear those words, even he managed to smile, and find himself picking his words, trying to find a delicate answer, ultimately choosing, "Ohhhh... it's a terrible curse alright, the humans call it a conscience, and for a lonely, road-weary, young bull, getting by on bounty-hunting, unable to return to his tribe until achieving some deeds of noteworthy battle prowess, even come to appreciate beauty in the furless races, this curse would have me behave in honorable manner, even if I find you.... alluring. I know it is not a wise thing to desire, know it's likely an impossible desire to fulfill, and I will go now, if you so wish it. If, however you wish it, I will stay, and we might perhaps... explore the details of my 'curse'."

There, put as eloquently, and respectful as he can manage, yet avoiding being too cryptic. In fact, the minor degree of cryptic speech was the hardest part for him to find the words.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:lrzwv6nf]My sister and I were born at the Lady's Promenade.[/i:lrzwv6nf] Luexena replied with a smile. You'd see many different races there. [i:lrzwv6nf]And the Dark Maiden accepts those who come with an open heart. Even in Deepingdale I have moonelf and tiefling sisters worshipping Her. [/i:lrzwv6nf]

As the tea was brought, she stopped playing for a bit, picking up her cup and taking a careful sip of the steaming amber liquid. Then the drow nodded her approval, setting the cup down and resuming playing the lute.

[i:lrzwv6nf]The Promenade is close to the surface, yet still situated in the caverns. So I was born in between the Night Below and Night Above.[/i:lrzwv6nf] The priestess grinned a little at the thought. [i:lrzwv6nf]As for the allies. Living on the surface as an isolated community is incredibly hard, so we sought to establish relationships with other races, settlements, sometimes failing, sometimes succeeding. Made friends of different races. Humans, hin, dwarves, elves, fey... you name it.[/i:lrzwv6nf]
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Ariali thought he was serious, for a second, then smiled friendly.
"well when you put it like that. then all the goodly folk would be cursed. but i like to think it is those who are ignorant or stupid to follow the path of evil and destruction are cursed."
she yawned barely able to keep her eyes open despite the light-hearted joking.
"I must sleep this drink away before I do something else foolish (like singing and dancing on stage). as the humans say, Good night?"

((she was barely awake so i gotta keep that part up. so this is a temperary exit for her. but she might come back.))
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"That's going to run up quite a tab if we go for very long," Lothir answers Gareth's comment. "Anyway, I didn't know we were playing for stakes- just a friendly game, as it were."

He glances around, and notices that everyone else in the room is engaged in their own discussions, though his ears perk slightly and he scowls for a moment as he catches one of the strangers mutter something about dhaeraow in Cormanthor. (He's got a very high listen skill- keen ears, or elven satellite dishes, as my hubby calls them, lol!)
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Swifty
Maid
Maid

Post by Swifty »

The assassin thought about it for a second. He was a loner, owing loyalty only to himself. But he did and would work for the highest pay; now who that was could change.
"that depends on the pay and what is meant by 'good.'"
The half elf tensed as the other assassin unsheathed his sickle sword (right?). His hand was instinctively on his blade inthe same instance and [i:1ectckm2]could [/i:1ectckm2]have it at the throat of another. After the male sheathed it he relaxed, slightly, for the assassin never truly relaxed. skills honed to precision and perfection never take a break.
Looking over to the card game, a very condescending scowl was on his face.
"I only gamble my life, never my money."
That and the assassin never was one for social interactions.

((any guess where that quote came from?))
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

Eliath smiled, "Well, as you can see, I have no shortage of funds. And we have a very strong hold upon our city, and authorities have never been an issue." He shrugged, "Suit yourself, but I find that gambling and our job have quite a few similarities."
Death is an inevitable process of this world. The lords and heroes of this realm kill just as much as I. I simply profit from death, and so they call me evil.

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

It is with a weight lifted from his shoulders, but not his heart, that Krom is able to accept the wise choices of his new friend, with an approving smile. Glad that someone would see the honor in his restraint, despite a temptation that Barbarian stereotypes suggest his sort would pursue at full force, without a shred of guilt in their heart.

He was not like that, refused to be like those stereotypes, and though the urge nagged at him harder as she lied down, as she surrendered her awareness to mildly drunken slumber, so vulnerable then, he shook his head slowly to the tempting notions that his lonely road had put into him, gave a soft grunt, and departed her room, closing the door securely behind himself.

Staying up there would do nothing to the benefit of his self-discipline, at that point, and so he gave a heavy snort, his form of a 'sigh', and came back down the stairs, every step down, remembering the shady people who had come here, he straightened his posture, squared his shoulders, and made sure to live up to the intimidating appearance his race had been known for commenting to those gathered at the card table, many among who seemed to be Ariali's friends, "She rests comfortably, and with far less bruises or scrapes than she might have earned, making a drunken stumble for her room." Well spoken he is, honorable too, but when someone put off a bad vibe to him, his tact was not the greatest, even as he adds, "And, me and my axe will be seeing to it she doesn't find anymore, that are not her own doing." This, leveling his untrusting gaze at Swifty. (sorry I never caught the character name, if different.)
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The minotaur comes back down and makes his announcement, and the drow raises one brow as he studies him for a moment. "It takes all kinds," he muses to himself, and turns his attention back to the game. "Show of hands? Since this is not a stakes game, I see no point in delaying the outcome. I've got a 32." He places his hand face-up on the table, and waits to see what the others will do.

"48, looks like I've got you out'numbered', drow," says Palax with a smirk.

"Hmm, well, in that case, here's mine," Vala says, laying down hers. both males look at her hand in disbelief.

"A 56?! Truly, I bow to your superior hand, milady," says Lothir, with a bemused smile. "Beaten by a woman- who would have guessed?" She blushes slightly, turning her cheeks a shade of rosy gold.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae took the glass and checked it, a habit from living in the cities, then sipped it.
"your from the promanade?" she asked incredulous. she had only heard of the place, but she had always wanted to visit the place.
"the rebel house," tho she didnt think to explain what she meant, "was set up simular to that. I can only imagine seeing it."
she heard the mintaur speak, tho what it was about she couldnt guess. something about a drunk girl?
then looking to the dwarf, "whats your story?" she asked curious and not wanting to leave him out. then she remembered to change her language to dwarven and asked again.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:3ensndvo]Oi. I be knowin' yer language fine enough lass. Can't go through Skullpor' withou' knowin' undercommon and drow. As fer me story, me and a batallion of my brothers were heading down there to strike ou' at some illithid and spider kissers.[/i:3ensndvo] The dwarf takes a deep swig of his tankard of ale and then rather than pour out a glass from the pitcher, he just grabs the handle and takes a deep heaping gulp from it. [i:3ensndvo]We got over powered and 'er father and brough' me back ta Promenade where they nursed me back ta health. I became friends with 'er father and well.. Someone needed ta keep 'im out of trouble.[/i:3ensndvo]
Swifty
Maid
Maid

Post by Swifty »

((yeah it's his name, I just haven't said it yet.))

The assassin felt the eyes on him. but this only made him smirk- a look of apathy and condescension. He wondered how quick his blade would slide through the flesh, slide into the beating heart. Once in a while he could strike and keep the victim alive a bit longer, until they were no longer useful.
Adjusting his dagger he stood up and made way to the staircase, his black cloak trailing behind him. He tossed a gold coin to the person behind the counter and started up the steps.
Last edited by Swifty on Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

Eliath pulled up another chair, and sat down, and looking at Adian, "Got room for one more?"
Death is an inevitable process of this world. The lords and heroes of this realm kill just as much as I. I simply profit from death, and so they call me evil.

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

[quote:1uw7v1vd]Adjusting his dagger he stood up and made way to the staircase, his black cloak trailing behind him. He tossed a gold coin to the person behind the counter and started up the steps. [/quote:1uw7v1vd]

The amusement, might have gone both way had the bull been able to read minds, for killing a berserking barbarian, was no easy task. His kinfolk included, some known to have bore wounds that might stop any other in their tracks, and go on to slaughter a dozen more enemies, before dying.

Eyes narrowed at the assassin , and as he neared the steps, seeming to wish to test his luck, Krom only knows to take it one way, at least in that moment, as a challenge, a formal request for a duel. At least, as formal as the wild barbarian tribes can be, and such duels seldom end without either a submission, or a death.

(Hopefully someone keeps this from turning ugly? Brawling is a barbarian speciality after all.)
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

(Yeah, i can do that.)