The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 4

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Ariali continued sipping the bitter drink. after hearing the conversation about different games her curosity was highly spiked. she'd never seen card games, much less any type of gambling. but the reaction from the twins wasnt the same as the others.
she decided to sit and stay with Vara and be content to watch the others.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Caine Tir'ein-Deanna
Maid
Maid

Post by Caine Tir'ein-Deanna »

Still smiling Caine watches the group over carefully, before shrugging '8 legs it is, spent a looonnnggg time in da enclave back ome. They ad hopeful converts pass through, usually I was 'banned' from talking ta em but ya know, I'm terrible at rules.' Smiling he stops his shuffling and for a second tucked away in his clothing can be seen a small symbol of a star with Asymetrical lines coming off it. 'We can teach da others.'

the question then is caine calling their bluff or has he really played such a game...
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

[quote:6jbe5iq6]"Oi. Make no mistake, even though ye see little o' us, what Clangeddin didn't giv' us in height, he put into our bellies and hearts! It's why we drin' har' and fight ferociously! We be enjoying our blessin's." He gave the minotaur a wide grin and made his way over to the counter with his collection of full tankards carried in both fists. He'd slap them all down on the bartop and would take a deep swig from one. "What be bringin' you 'ere anyway fella?"[/quote:6jbe5iq6]

A big grin shows on the bull's face, enjoying a private joke at the dwarf's expense, or perhaps not. Perhaps the pun was intended, perhaps the meaning of his comment wasn't properly received. He is familiar with the ferocity of dwarven fighting, he had only not seen as much of it as he'd like. To the question following, he declares, "To this town... an Orc." Now he's sure even mentioning those things to a dwarf would be an attention getter, then puts in after the climactic pause, "A stomach tired of Elven trail rations, and the coin for the ugly brute's bounty, brings me to this here inn. Tempus only knows how they survive on such food!"

[quote:6jbe5iq6]"I've never been much for cards," Vala says with a slight frown. "It just doesn't make much sense to me- wagering one's hard-earned coin on a turn of luck... " She shrugs, but says nothing about his look. [/quote:6jbe5iq6]

Overhearing this a moment later, Krom gives to Vala a shocked and incredulous stare. One thing no minotaur [b:6jbe5iq6]he[/b:6jbe5iq6] has ever known would turn down a contest of chance, as long though, as there's no cheating, of course. Cheaters seldom win, when cheating a minotaur, except the ones that can run faster or fight better. He lets on about none of this observation, but finds this Vala doesn't make much sense to him.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae watched the person. what surprised her was that she too was drow, here in village and not worried of attack. maybe this place was a safe haven. or they were at least tolerent. she watched as the drowess was dancing(?) around then paused to pray?
Zarae remained quiet to allow her time alone.
her gloved hands reach up to pull back her hood. locks of red streaked silver hair cascaded out falling to her waist and framed her moondark face. the rogue was still dressed in her midnight blue spidersilk shirt. the loose billowing sleeves flowing around her arms, with form fitting pants and knee high boots of a noble house were also indicators of her Underdark upbringing. and if anyone wasnt still convinced, her house emblem was pinned on her piwafwi, a small obsidian disk with the house symbol carved upon it. her belt was odd, a clasp containing a black sapphire carve in the likeness of a spider and a strap running from the belt up and over left shoulder contained 6 throwing knives.
the biggest issue the young rogue would face was the ruby colored spider tattoo that was on her face (only seen with a spell like true seeing). it marked her still, despite her efforts to find a way to remove it. one day she would be free of the Spider Queen. till then, she would always be on the run.

the rogue stood next to Moonlight as he was munching on some roughage. she sent a mental word to him to be careful and she would call him when needed. he sent his reply and walked on back twords the forest.
Zarae walked cautiously and silently up twords the other end of the garden to the door, twords the other drowess.

((edited))
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Was it an intuition or just a coincidence that Luexena turned and looked the direction Zarae was coming from? The breeze caught some of the loose strands of her silvery hair and tossed them onto her face. The drow reached up and brushed them away, just peering forward, perhaps not able to see the rogue yet. Either way her stance remained relaxed. The pendant was not visible, seemingly hidden in the cleavage of her silken gown.

The priestess brought her hand up and moved her fingers a little in a particular arcane pattern, whispering something, conjuring four small balls of light. They danced around her lithe frame, then she sent them toward Zarae with a gentle flick of her delicate wrist, simply seeking to light up the path some. Those little lights moved like will-o'-wisps, clearly harmless and fading very soon, not reaching the rogue's location. Luexena smiled again, watching them.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((i edited the previous since u said its hidden. and i wouldnt look that close...;) ))

(dancing lights right?)
Zarae knew the spell. tho was it a warning or a precurser to anything? Zarae prayed not.
when she was still a good distance, the rogue paused and crossed her arms in the Underdark gesture of peace.
(speaks in drow unless otherwise noted) "vendui. I come only to find a place to rest."
the young drowess let her own hair fall in her face a bit in hope of hiding the marks. with her arms crossed, she was also in reach of a hidden dagger, a precaution, but one that kept her alive.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

(dancing lights, yes)[/size:kas40t7c]

Luexena paused, canting her head to the side, listening to Zarae's words. Then she offered her a soft smile, tugging lightly at the silvery chain to show the sword shaped pendant she wore - the movements were pointedly slow so the rogue would see there was no danger for her.

[i:kas40t7c]My greetings to you as well.[/i:kas40t7c] She replied in drow to her, releasing the chain, letting the pendant dangle, and lowered her hands, keeping them where Zarae could see them. The bare-footed priestess stood motionlessly now, waiting for the other drow to approach, still appearing rather serene.

[i:kas40t7c]This place welcomes everyone who does not cause trouble. You can find a shelter here. Come in peace and rest and eat and no one would harm you. But first.[/i:kas40t7c] Those lavender orbs of her eyes sparkled with genuine mirth as she inclined her head respectfully to Zarae, offering the Lady's message to her.

[i:kas40t7c]A rightful place awaits you in the Realms Above, in the Land of the Great Light. Come in peace, and live beneath the sun again, where trees and flowers grow.[/i:kas40t7c] Then the drow held her hand out. [i:kas40t7c]I am Luexena Deana, the First Daughter of the House Mel'tlar, Maiden of the Mists, priestess of Eilistraee. I welcome you.[/i:kas40t7c]
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

coming to within 5 ft of the other drow, the rogue was shocked at first. then a visible smile spread across her face as did relief. her own maroon eyes shifted to a violet color as she heard the words she remembered well herself. her movements easy, she pulled out a mithril chain with two sword pendents upon it to show the fellow eilistraeen.
"I dont often find many who also follow Lady Silverhair."
Zarae pulled her hair out of her face as she tucked the chain back into her shirt.
"I am Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar, 5th daughter of second house Kilanatlar of Lith MyAthar," repeating what had been ingrained in her. she paused before continuing, "well of no house anymore."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:wnxo1jcu]Well met, Zarae. Come, join me and my friends in the inn.[/i:wnxo1jcu] Luexena watched the relief displayed upon the drow rogue's delicate features and inclined her head again, understanding such reaction rather well. Then the priestess turned and made her way toward the inn, stepping quietly and slowly enough for the other drow to catch up.

Was it her way to show trust that she turned and exposed her back to the possible foe? Or was it that the priestess' carelessness? Or perhaps confidence she'd be able to avoid attacks? Either way, she walked, her head was held high and the back was straight, the posture was relaxed. By the door Luexena placed her hand upon the doorknob and paused, looking over her shoulder to see if Zarae followed her, then pushed the door open.

[i:wnxo1jcu]Come, sister. [/i:wnxo1jcu]
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the rogue was hesitent; to enter the establishment and be forced away again? but the priestess was confident, extremely! for she had even turned her back to the rouge to walked twords the door. thinking on it, she shrugged and made way twords the door also.
before reaching the entrance she pulled her hood back over her face and followed inside.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

as she sat there, Ariali felt her eyes get heavy. she yawned and rubbered her eyes, but she couldnt overcome the sleepy feeling. finally she stood up, careful this time to hold the table so as to not fall.
"I think I will head to sleep."
she waves to the group and attempts to make her way twords the stairs. the lythari was doing good, and then she nearly tripped. an unusual thing among the elves! breathing out slowly, she started up the steps to the hall. there were a few rooms open and even a larger room set with couches and a table in the middle. on the far side of the stairs were cots and bedrolls for those who couldnt afford a room.
having only been in a inn once before, Ariali didnt know the rules of things. so she entered a small room (she aint paid basically) and closed the door behind her.
she fell to the bed, rather soft compared to the bedroll she normally slept on. and was soon fast asleep.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena led Zarae to the main room of the inn, speaking quietly to her in drow. [i:322dvdtn]There are many different kind of creatures, do not be alarmed. My friends and I will ensure your safety, should it come to such.[/i:322dvdtn] As they reached the end of the corridor, the young priestess paused again and offered the rogue an encouraging nod of her head.

[i:322dvdtn]Ready?[/i:322dvdtn] Her lips curled in a little teasing grin and she opened the door, slipping into the room. The folds of her silken gown bristled quietly as she brushed past the door, heading to her table now. Her eyes wandered the room, quickly Luexena located the dwarf and seeing her father's friend by the minotaur made her grin even wider. [i:322dvdtn]See the dwarf over there? That's Delrum, my protector, my father's friend.[/i:322dvdtn]

Then she nodded at the pale moonelf and looked over to Zarae, still addressing her in drowish. [i:322dvdtn]This one is Caine, my brother-in-law, an elf with a mentality of a pixie. But he is a good heart so do not mind his pranks.[/i:322dvdtn]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Instinctively feeling a set of eyes on him, Delrum would turn to face Luexana and Zarae, taking a big bite of the fried beef he held in his hand, he had no need for a fork or something else. He'd take a deep swig of his ale. [i:1zv60apn]Welcome back Silverwhip. Who's the lass there?[/i:1zv60apn]
Swifty
Maid
Maid

Post by Swifty »

a cloaked figure slipped in the back door and sat down in the far corner. it was easy to guess that he was of some elven descent based just on his movements; the male was graceful and agile in step. he made not a sound. but he was larger and thicker than most. one could conclude correctly he was of both human and elven descent.
moving to the far end, he kept his back to the wall and sat to where he could observe all his surrounding. the assassin in him kept him ever vigilant and always ready; beneath the cloak his left hand still clutched the dagger. deep emerald eyes locked on to the groups around. some playing cards, come sitting and chatting. what rubbed him the most was the number of drow in the establishment. and for than he was not comfortable. the assassin mentally cursed the drow- 'dhaerow'

the waitress came his direction. she was a homely looking human and middle aged. her skin was lighter than his and showing bit of wrinkles around her face. streaks of grey sprouted through out her auburn hair. she tried to hide this fact with clothes much too young for her, a red low top and dark wool skirt that ran to her calf.
"red elven wine," he ordered before she could speak. and with a gestured shooed her off. he had no time for her.
the woman huffed but did as she was told, turning on her heels and walking back t'words the front, shoes clinking in his keen hearing.
he continued to watch and wait. his hands had begun the process of sharpening the dagger he held. its hilt was carved and shaped into a red dragon head. the blade was of adamantine with red runes etched in an ancient elven tongue.
overhearing some of the conversations, he smirked condescendingly. how relaxed these people were, how carefree- how ignorant they would be. but he knew his job, his target was here. and as soon as he could finish, he would be gone and be nothing more than a faded thought.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

there was a rather mixed bunch in the main hall. even a minataur? but she shouldnt been surprised. the generally evil races sometimes had goodly folk.
Zarae followed to the table, her hood still low over her face and piwafwi pulled tight around her. a smile formed again when her eyes glanced over at one table. she actually recognized a few folks. tho she hadnt traveled with them long before she had to leave for reasons she had never disclosed. (for the three i know, lets just assume i was only around a short bit of time since those RP's are still in early progress. i can say i had to leave to take care of something.)
she would have to stop and say hello sooner or later.
stopping at the table with the dwarf and surface elf she nodded to them.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~