The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 4

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

He spins at the aasimar's remarks, a look of intense anger on his face. "Well, some of us can also sense shite- especially when we are continually hip-deep in it due to others' constant spouting of the stuff. Has that cur told you anything of how we got tangled up together in the first place? Or has he conveniently left that out of the conversation? I am not one to let such affronts stand. The fact that he seems to have my sister wrapped around his conniving little finger is only PART of the problem. Where HE goes, trouble ALWAYS follows- usually leaving death and destruction in its wake."

He draws his sword, and slams it point-down ino the dirt. "And then there is the unfortunate fact that he very nearly caused me to be expelled from my Order, simply because I was fool enough to DEFEND the weasel! And he oh-so-conveniently disappears for well over a year, only to drag me and my sister to a world we know nothing about, where my deity has no influence- leaving me with little means of protecting us or doing my sworn duties. And now we are stranded here for at least the next two years, until the creator of the gate we came trhough- on HIS insistance, I might add- decides that it is secure!"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[i:15ug9lbd]Bahamut, guide my words.[/i:15ug9lbd]
Silver radiant eyes narrow at the half-dragon knight as he explains his reasoning to Veraka.

"So you're quick to anger, much like myself, but also quite slow to forgive. Very unpaladin-like, but dragon akin qualities, those are," Veraka observed casually.

"While I haven't heard the whole thing from Lothir yet, true that may be; but did it ever occur to you, Sir Palax, that maybe, just maybe, those facts hurt him as much as they do you, hmm? The only difference between you two is how each of you respond to those facts. Lothir acting child-like, in his own impish way, but with a buried sorrow; you respond with anger that's been buried and unearthed again."

Looking the knight right in the eye, silver orbs glowing, Veraka continued; "have you ever considered that maybe your anger is your grief and protectiveness you have for your sister, hmm? From the point I'm at, it sure seems that way, only you're venting you're anger Lothir, who seems to be only part of the problem. Maybe anger is your only method of responding to anxiety, or the best way you know how to vent, hmm? Here among Faerunian dragons, golds are considered the wisest of all dragons, good or evil; and they almost all serve the same deity that I do with unyielding fury and unwavering courage. So tell me Palax, why should you be any different." Veraka didn't intend to get under the knights skin, but he [b:15ug9lbd]did[/b:15ug9lbd] intend to help the knight relieve some steam by any means possible.

"The golds of this world are also some the most patient among dragons, and forgiving that I've seen. If you are from a parallel realm, Palax, then the dragons of your realm should be just about on par with the ones that I know."

[quote:15ug9lbd]"Where HE goes, trouble ALWAYS follows- usually leaving death and destruction in its wake."[/quote:15ug9lbd]

"So, I am to understand that the death and destruction wrought in your wake or mine is not the same as that caused by your brother in law? Death is natural part of life's cycle, regardless of how it happens; and destruction must always occur in the wake of and the prior to creation. To think otherwise of both of these facts is foolish, Sir Palax; trust me, I know, I've both seen and done both of them in my own life."

When the paladin thrust his sword into the earth, the aasimar sighed; "You were [b:15ug9lbd]fool[/b:15ug9lbd] enough, or [/b]wanting[/b] enough? Have you ever considered Palax that you're anger is merely a surface precursor to your deeper, more complex emotions? Call a prude if you want, but my celestial heritage grants me what any paladin has, so my being a paladin and divine crusader for my deity only amplifies this effect; and while I see your anger around you like a light fog, you're deeper thoughts speak otherwise, knowingly or not."

At the last part of Palax's commentary, Veraka raised a brow; "so, you use Lothir as a scapegoat for your frustration caused by the fact that your sister wished to see her lover and father of her children, is that correct? I know not your background, Sir Palax, but I [b:15ug9lbd]do[/b:15ug9lbd] know that Lothir isn't the weasel or fool you claim him to be; an over-perverted and devilish, impish weasel, maybe, but not a fool. I would know, I've served by his side in battle once already. And as to protecting your sister, her younglings and yourself, you still your sword, you intelligence, your armor and your shield, do you not. I see the blade that you wield sitting right in front of me. You are [b:15ug9lbd]not[/b:15ug9lbd] without the means to defend yourself in this realm, Sir Palax. You are a half-dragon moon elf knight, so you can't possible tell me that you [b:15ug9lbd]don't[/b:15ug9lbd] posses the means to defend yourself and carry out your duties here as well as anywhere else."
Again the aasimar called upon his celestial heritage to grant him the wisdom in seeing through Palax's words, or at least getting to what he considered the heart of the words.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He grimaces in frustration- no one seems to understand the depth of his dilemma. "There is merit to some of what you say, good sir. SOME. The fact remains that I do not like or TRUST him, as I've seen the kind of careless thinking that has led to the deaths of far too many innocents. To make an example- it was his coming to the surface that brought not one, but TWO parties of drow to the kingdom in question seeking his return."

He continues, still seething, and now pacing. "The first group was dispatched- by him, no less, and with an ease that I find entirely too disturbing to contemplate- and the second consisted of only ONE individual. And SHE wrought more death than many small armies. She even murdered a tavern girl right under the noses of both myself and the local watch, for no better reason than because she could. And she is STILL out there somewhere, no thanks to him. Even worse, she was seeking some sort of artifact that could have allowed her to attain godhood, working alongside a very ancient and powerful elder red that wanted the same. And while we are HERE, playing house, THEY may have already found what they sought."

Palax pauses his tirade, and lets out a snarl that most definitely sounds more draconic than elven. "You're certainly right about one thing. That blundering fool IS a child. A very careless and manipulative one, at that. Vala is smitten, and nothing I"ve tried has changed her mind- and he takes full advantage of that, sneaking son of a cur that he is. And don't tell me I'm being unfair, because I know DAMNED well who his sire is- a traitor so vile that he would slay his own kin for greed and ambition, and when caught and submitted to the Rite of Dark Banishing, the devil went and gathered a band of bloodthirsty brigands and burned down an entire village. Now he sails at the head of the most powerful fleet of pirate lords ever seen. And THAT is whose blood flows in that weasel in there, along with gods-know how many generations of ancient traitors to the People from before the Sundering. It is only a matter of time before he shows his true colors. You'll pardon me if I find it hard to swallow his tripe about being 'different'."

"Of course, HE would tell you that he has saved both of our lives, but then if he had not set foot in the land where we lived, those bounty-hunters would never have darkened those lands, and we would not have been put in such a position to begin with. Would you like to know how many innocents died at their hands? More than a score- and a half-dozen or more of those were good soldiers! The rest were civilians in a CHURCH!"

At last he stops pacing, and shakes his head sadly at Veraka's mention of the sword and his ability to defend them. "You are a fellow knight. i would expect you of all people to understand what it is like to be shorn from that divine grace. Not because of any great sin or wrong deed, but to have it simply- no more. My service and my duty are my LIFE, as you should understand. But what good is that if there is nothing here to SERVE? I care nothing for the gods of either the wyrms or my mother's kin- both are a bunch of self-serving hypocrites, if you'll pardon the opinion. If either Bahamut OR the Seldarine spent half as much time GUIDING their children as they do fighting with their respective foes, then perhaps there would not have been any Dragon Wars, or Sundering."

He spits in disgust, and yanks the sword out of the ground, wiping it briefly before putting it away again. "To put it in a better light- while we are HERE, my DUTY goes unfilled, and what's more, without His guidance, I don't even have a farking idea what to do in the mean-time! And Vala is blind to what this is doing to both of us. She will not leave him, and I CANNOT leave her. I made a vow to our father to watch over her, and I cannot abandon that promise."

Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

'Civilized people indeed!' [i:1ywftw5x]So thought the Tengu hidden deep in his cloak, he watches them all, and for a fleeting moment, thinks one of them is to take some interest in him, but it appears to pass, and he pays the comment to take further note of him, no mind. Yes, they could pass for civilized, as might ruffians, judging by his observations. They could speak, reason, and were, most of them at least, well bathed. Still, he continues the occasional repetition of pouring himself more water, and downing glass after glass, while watching, and listening.

Growing complacent, as he sizes them up, and how they seem content to ignore his presence now, whether it is by accident, or by intent, another glass of water goes down, but this time, without restraining that deep hood, nothing preventing it from falling, and so, back it falls, revealing a very Corvid face, with black feathers and pointed conical beak, and those keen avian eyes.

Indeed, so rarely are his kin seen even of those that have been in the lands of Faerun for many generations, the sudden revelation surely causes some among the serving wenches to freeze in place, to gawk, and perhaps a few to drop what they were carrying altogether, unaware of little else but a 'creature' not widely known even with all the adventurers that pass through with their many stories.

Supremely confident though, he does not make an effort to hide himself. Not that he would underestimate any of these people around him, as his training would never allow it. It is not a true smirk that then shows, for such expressions cannot show upon a beak, it is the look in his eyes, as he declares,[/i:1ywftw5x] "I see the tales of these distant lands, with their civilized peoples being minimally so, were not so inaccurate. However, my Lord has sent me, and I am ordered to keep an open mind."
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka narrows his eyes even more, his silver orbs glowing now, but with an inner fury that rivals that of his berserker rage.
"So, Palax, you would have no qualm if I took Marala Vharc, went back inside and gutted the bard right now, right here?" the aasimar asked darkly, his voice in a very controlled anger, a hint of the super-powered dark Berserker growling within his tone. Veraka knew his question was loaded, but Palax's honest answer would give him more knowledge than the knight knew.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The knight sighs, and shakes his head. "Perhaps you mistake my meaning, Sir. I do not wish him dead, simply out of our lives. If I had wanted that, I could surely have done it myself long ago- though if I'd listened to my gut that first day and left him to that witch he calls a sister this might all have been avoided. But I listened to my over-compassionate sibling instead. And so here we are- worlds away from everything we have known, following the advice of a DROW, of all things, and with that very same witch quite possibly destroying our own world even now. To say nothing of the fact that our family is there."

His frustration and pain are plainly evident, as is the desire to simply go HOME. Clearly, he has been through this sort of questioning before, as his impatience with the aasimar's queries seems to show. "Tell, me, do you truly think that one who so selfishly keeps his so-called 'family' from their TRUE home is even worthy of your friendship? He has got it into his head to stay in this strange world, consorting with vampires, wastrels, and gods-know what other unsavory types, and my stubborn sister won't see the truth."

Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

[quote="Inriiaynrae Jaelre":5uykldpj]she sighed, wondering where she could start.
"its a complicated thing. but in a nutshell, I wanted to adventure and travel. to see the world instead of hiding from it."
she looked back outside to the dark sky and the light filtering in thru the window.
"do you have a purpose for living? do you live for something or someone, possible greater than yourself? as for other races, these folk have accepted you quite well."[/quote:5uykldpj]

((Sorry for delay. Not easy switching in and out of the mind-set of Naien.))

The question hit Krom like the wall of a mountainside, he would know too, he'd run into one when he was younger. Still, it put no less a blank look on his face than being dazed that day. what was he living for? The obvious answers came to mind, such as: 'To carry on the honor, and legacy of his ancestors.', 'To carry on his bloodline to the next generation.', or even 'To become a mighty warrior and help keep safe his people from other tribes.'

He knew it though, this is not what she was asking for. In the end, he lowers his head, and gives a shrug of those broad, heavy shoulders, [color=brown:5uykldpj]"I never really worried about such things. To be a warrior of my clan, is all that ever mattered. True, as I aged, I thought of other things, things I might never do, if I cannot complete my rite of passage. I could name deeds that none among my clan has ever achieved, but... no there has been nothing, nor no one person otherwise, that I have lived for."[/color:5uykldpj]
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka's gaze softened a bit, though his voice was still iron-hard.
"Palax, your over-compassionate sibling did this as well as take a death blow, WITH those two younglings still in her womb, for that bard in there. Onix told me that a while ago. You want him out of your lives, and yet your sister, Vala continues to pursue him, why; you've probably got the better answer than I; but I [b:3dfqkgjx]do[/b:3dfqkgjx] know that she wouldn't have done such an action without there being a good reason for her. If you are swore to protect Vala, then I'd say you've done an admirable job so far." Veraka breathed outward slowly.

"As to you wanting Lothir out of your lives; my question to you is why can't you see the good in him as genuine; the trouble that he brings with him is circumstantial. Him being a drow is never going to rid him of that fact, just as me with my curse will there never be a stop to the blood in my wake."
"With your world, I doubt that the witch in question will succeed, regardless of how ambitious she is or how much power she's amassed. Also, you should know that Bahamut [b:3dfqkgjx]does[/b:3dfqkgjx] care about his kind, BUT he also cares about [b:3dfqkgjx]all[/b:3dfqkgjx] goodly persons, regardless of race. THAT reason alone is why I am a paladin and a storm warrior to his name and my blade is his to command. As to the Seldarine, they've always cared about their own, with a little too much zeal and arrogance, if you ask me."
"Sir Palax; you judge him as if his blood has predestined him for evil; be that as it may be like the drow of Toril, it does not predispose him to being evil. If he was evil, and what you said was true, he wouldn't be here right now as a father to [b:3dfqkgjx]your[/b:3dfqkgjx] niece and nephew, for my blade would have gone right through him at that very instant. Yes, Sir Palax; if I had sensed the slightest evil upon him, I most likely would've killed him outright."

Veraka looked away into the sky at Palax's mention of the drow slaughtering the church folk; "Sir Palax; the bard may have brought them to the surface when he was fleeing, but that doesn't compare to what I've seen. . " he pauses, thinking for a moment; ". . . and done."

"And yes, I do know what you're referring to, as well. Why, well simple enough; I forsook my first god as a paladin in his name. The first god of justice, Tyr; I believe that were he still alive, you would make an excellent knight in his service. For one simple reason, you share his zeal for justice, no matter the cost. That ideology is what nearly got me killed and what cost my father his very life when I was but a infant. That same zeal that you posses, Sir Palax, is the exact same thinking that forced my mother to stay her hand in the battle that took my father from this world," Veraka said with a growl; "I don't want you to become like Tyr, yourself, Palax. [b:3dfqkgjx]That[/b:3dfqkgjx] is why I'm asking you these questions."

"Also, Palax; what exactly [b:3dfqkgjx]is[/b:3dfqkgjx] your duty, hmm? It doesn't seem to take the portfolio of a paladins code. As to your question about what do [b:3dfqkgjx]I[/b:3dfqkgjx] think about Lothir and him keeping you, Vala, and the younglings from your home, I think of it like this: he's trying to atone for his past mistakes, and he's earnestly wanting Vala in his life now. THAT's what I believe he is doing; perhaps my answer is not what you were expecting, Sir Palax; but I will say this and I think this statement pertains to Lothir."

"Why is he worthy of my friendship, because if I didn't accept him for who he is and not [b:3dfqkgjx]what[/b:3dfqkgjx] he is, I would not be worthy to be a paladin of Bahamut, nor would I feel worthy to be called my mothers son; but most of all, if I didn't call Lothir a friend, I would not be worthy of my wife, nor being the father of the child she carries within her. I am an aasimar, Sir Palax, and while I live and breath on this world, I will not turn down any drow seeking to put the ways of their people behind them, and that extends to any drow on this world as well, for I once served under the Dark Maiden, much like Lothir does now. Why do I think him worthy of my friendship and trust, because he has done nothing to disgruntle me yet. I believe that all should be given a fair chance to prove themselves, and should they not, then I let them go their way, unless they attack me or my wife, especially my wife or other friends, then I meet them with swift, and very ferocious, attack, sometime going as far as willing unleashing my darkness upon them. It is what happens when you are the son of an archangel, you learn to accept the goodness in all folks, and do your best to asssit them in gaining it. Lothir has done nothing but be a friend to me, so I see no reason to retaliate against him. Perhaps, I don't know your experience like you do; in which case, I retract all my former statements about you, Sir Palax; but Lothir, despite his shortcomings, perverted some of them may be, but, he has a good heart none-the-less, and truly wants what is best for Vala and her children, as should you, and as you do, protecting them anyways."

Veraka breathed out slowly, then finally said; "A wise monk once told me that the things in this life that are worth most living for are never going to be easy to attain or retain; but if ya keep fighting to achieve them, then they'll always be worth it. You're an admirable example of that very statement, Palax; but let me share with you a piece of advice my mother shared with me. 'A hardened heart will shatter when confronted with life's problems and simple break, leaving nothing; but a soft heart, one that is gentle, but resolute, will absorb the blows in life as they come, and still have room for more to come down along the road.'
Try and keep that in mind next time you talk with Vala or Lothir; it might give you a new perspective of things, maybe even help you out too. I know it did me, and how I met my wife was due in no small part to that very statement."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He looks confused for a moment, and then suddenly bursts out laughing. (OOC: a rare thing for him- enjoy it while it lasts!!) "WHAT?! She did no such thing! In truth, she CLAIMS he did such for her, but that was not long after our paths first crossed, not after...." He trails off, the thought of the two being intimate clearly still not sitting well with him. "Your friend must have been mistaken- or else he's been deceived. My gold would be on the latter, personally. As to why she remains with him, it is quite simple. He has seduced her, for whatever reason, and she is blind to how he has been leading like a lamb to slaughter." He says the last part with steadfast ocnviction, though perhaps his view is skewed. If so, he seems unaware of it.

He looks a little annoyed by Veraka's questions, and lets out an exasperated groan. "You know, I've found that those who look hard enough can believe there is good even in the most depraved individuals. While I do not believe that he is himself evil as yet, I have seen the potential there for it. If you had seen what he did to those mercenaries- and all on his own- it was enough to chill the blood. He did not merely slay those drow sent after him- he SLAUGHTEREED them. With little help from either of us, as Vala went down halfway through the fight from that pdamned priestess's whip, and I was swatted like a fly by her summoned earth elemental. And when we came to, he was long gone- along with nearly everything of value in sight. Though he claims he was hit over the head with a rock by that sister of his, I do not believe it. The cur has an excuse for everything, it seems. And if SHE took everything, why did she leave our weapons behind, and his? And why did he have all the coin pouches later? Forgive me for saying it, but the dhaeraow's tale is too full of holes to hold water."

He pauses for a moment, a dark look passing over his face. "I can only hope that you are right, and that she has not yet acquired the artifact she seeks, or our home might not even be there if or when we return. A tome that can make gods of men is not something to be taken lightly- and even the Trickster, Erlannor himself, warned us of her intentions. If she and that red get that book, I shudder to think of what may befall. I saw a vision not long after that, a communion that chilled me to the core. I pray that your words prove true."

To Veraka's words on faith, he replies, "I suppose I have simply lost interest in the affairs of either part of my own heritage. If our mother's people were callous enough to toss her out for consorting with a wyrm, then why should I give two whits about their gods? Same goes with the eternal wars of our dragon kin. Useless, pointless petty squabbles that mean nothing to me. I would rather serve our holy Sky Father Sorden, who concerns himself with justice and protection for ALL, not just a few who happen to bear his blood.'

"And if you must know, my code is not much different from any other knight's code, if perhaps more strict. A Silver Crown Knight is expected to uphold the highest ideals of truth, justice, and honor above all else. Very few are allowed into that order, and I was very fortunate to have earned that right." He speaks with some pride, and gives him a cool look. "I am the first of my mother's people to have earned that honor, so I take my duty very seriously." (OOC: Sorden is the chief god of my world, but mostly followed by humans. So far Palax is the first elf or half-dragon of his highest knightly order. At least that anyone knows of....)

"What is my duty? Strange that you should ask. It is no less than to fight evil and injustice wherever I find them, to protect the weak and innocent, punish foul deeds, and to stand against those who would abuse power. That one freely admits he has participated in acts of piracy and has stolen goods, yet he claims to have had no choice in the matter at the time. Those are the words of a coward and a liar. Yet I can do nothing, as he seems to have convinced a priest of Hellanya that he wished to atone for the thefts by way of recompense. And he gave my sister some story about having been flogged for aiding the survivors of the very attack he took part in!"

Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

[i:x0yo3g20]A sigh is all the avian can offer to the continuing bickering of the two warriors so obsessed with their gods and their misfortunes, they seem to know nothing of the horrible examples they have served of their respective races, and these very lands, to this foreigner, supposedly the emissary of a 'Lord'. Worse yet, the foreign eyes that had been observing them are noble born as well.

They've left a sour taste in his mouth, regarding the fate of his kin that came to this land centuries ago, and he is left to wonder if his duty should turn immediately toward rescuing them from these barbaric 'civilizations'.

He turns his gaze to Luxena, who looks as a different race of his lands, but one no less respected, continuing to speak in a human-like voice, which seems all the stranger now, coming from a beak, [/i:x0yo3g20]"Pardon me, honorable lady, as a stranger to these lands, perhaps I know too little of its ways to appreciate what those two humans were... discussing. Should I be taking this as a measure of the best of goodly folk in this land?" [i:x0yo3g20]He is assuming of course, Veraka and Palax are human, having no point of reference to see them as anything else. There is that hint in his voice, lending his concern about regarding them so, as if he is not pleased by the idea.[/i:x0yo3g20]
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((OOC: Umm, Agmasek, V and Palax are discussing their ideals outside the establishment, in the open air, where they probably wouldn't be heard. I just kinda felt like I needed to point that out.))

Veraka looked on with a sigh of resignation; it was apparent that he wasn't getting anywhere with Palax.

"To Lothir's intentions with Vala, all I can say is this; if Vala was truly seduced by him, she wouldn't have come here of her own will, nor would she be talking to Onix, myself and you for that matter. I've known Lothir for a bit now, and I've seen him fight valiantly beside myself, another paladin of Torm, and followers of the Dark Maiden. Whatever excuses he has made up in the past toward you and/or Vala were done in the past, as for here, I've yet to see him commit any of the crimes you've mentioned to me before. So as such, until a time arises where I might see these actions unfold before my own eyes, I will see him simply as the bardic friend that I've come to trust."

With a deep breath, the aasimar turns to head back inside; but not before saying, "just keep in mind, Sir Palax, that even the strongest of warriors cannot be angry at someone forever. If you hold it in for a long time, it will start to eat you up from the inside out."

"My only remaining question is this; will you deny Lothir his right, privilege and responsibility of being a father as well?"

With that said, the aasimar turns about and heads back inside. Opening the door calmly, Veraka lets it slide shut and makes his way back to Vala, Lothir and Lady Blackwood.
"He's more stubborn than a master-crafted adamantine sword," the aasimar says to Vala and Lothir.
Turning to Lothir, the aasimar asks him "Lothir, I'm not sure I should ask this, but what exactly happened between you and Vala back in your home realm?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

((OOC: Oops! Well, I could try to rephrase, though I have been playing catch-up too. Perhaps with the beginning of my last post being in past-tense, can be part of that?))
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Sorry if we confused you, Ag- that stuff was meant to be outside where they had more privacy. This inn needs a private room like at Candlekeep's forums.....

IC: Palax, scowls slightly at the aasimar's words, and gives him a long look as he leaves after asking his final question. After a few moments, he looks out at the clear sky, and sighs, talking to himself. "I'd have been happier if he'd never BECOME one in the first place," he mutters, then finally follows Veraka back inside, and moves up the stairs to one of the rooms without even looking at anyone.

The bard looks a bit startled at the question, and frowns slightly as he watches Palax go by in silence, obviously ignoring everyone. "I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Could you be more specific?" he asks, then glances at the door. "Oh, I see- you've been talking to Sir Grouch-a-lot out there. Well, there's really not much to tell, beyond the obvious." He nods toward Vala and the younglings, with a slight shrug.

After a moment, he leans back, one hand falling to absently stroke the lute by his chair as if for support. "I don't know what he told you, but he has a funny way of only seeing what he wants to where I'm concerned. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to convince him that my intentions are honorable. I think he's still sore about what happened when we met. Things were- hectic- at the time. There were misunderstandings, lack of communication- it's complicated." He gives the paladin a helpless look, as if to say that it's beyond his control.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looks at the bard, and nods; "So in layman's terms, he's more stubborn than a rock when it comes to you and Vala." The aasimar sighs, knowing that he'd been right for the most part; Veraka trusted his celestial granted gift implicitly and so far, it had never proven him wrong on any account.

"Alright then, so what's with the blindness; I mean I've seen and been in the position of being stubbornly blinded to the truth, but what's with how stubborn he is?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He sighs, and shakes his head. "I really wish I knew. Stubborn hardly begins to describe it. Oh, vith it- it's HIS problem. I'm through with trying to explain to him, or understand him- he can go vith off, for all I care."