The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 4

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

[i:2537kzes]"A pity...he'd have found this to be more then amusing...and perhaps turn away his incessant pestering..."[/i:2537kzes]

The armored hand rose up again waving to the bar wench;
[i:2537kzes]"Bring me your strongest. I sincerely hope the tankard you bring it in will not be modest size..."[/i:2537kzes]
A loud snort sound off, as she leaned back into her chair, folding her arms over each other peering at the patrons curiously. The trails of each of their scents lingered in the air to her nose, each distinct...but only one familiar...

[i:2537kzes]"Tell me though...what've I missed lately...? It's been a while, and the temple seems empty."[/i:2537kzes]
:3
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Ah, he's been around here and there. don't know anout anyone else. oh, where are my manners! Vala, Palax- meet Lady Blackwood, or Rooky as most call her." He waves to her and then turns to Rooky. "And this is Vala Seyr Quirin, my- intended, and her brother Sir Palaxendor." He pauses and grins. "And THESE two little dears are Zaknirrachel and Mayerelaen, our children." He says, carefully liftingthe blanket up from the large basket in a chair beside him. Inside are a tiny half-drow pair of infants- a boy and girl, with an odd golden sheen to their skin.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Kalannar just grinned at Luexana as he took another fork full of the meal that was on her plate. [i:2byg85x6]Tha's my kin' o' lass. Willin' ta let me steal 'er grub and order more. So lon' as it ain' my tab, I don' mind. As fer th' dwarf... Ya figure he be killin' it from 'is stench? 'r 'is bulk?[/i:2byg85x6] Kalannar gave the dwarf a toothy grin before he took another swig of his bottle. Meanwhile, Delrum just glared at the half drow, muttering a bit. [i:2byg85x6]Yer one ta tal' abou' body odor there seaweed. Yer not smellin' the mos' pleasent yerself![/i:2byg85x6] The half drow glared again at the dwarf but would pause and tilt his head to the side, giving himself a sniff. [i:2byg85x6]I thin' I be smellin' quite nice![/i:2byg85x6] Which really wasn't that far off from the truth, though whether it was because of his sea elven heritage, or an actual desire for good hygiene, the Sea Elf did smell relatrively nice, much like a river, or lake.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:3c9xbq8x]Now now, Kalannar. You really do not want Delrum to punch you. So be nice.[/i:3c9xbq8x] Her eyes locked on the rather bulky woman's silhouette and the drowess shook her head softly. Her expression turned a little pensive for a moment as her thumb brushed across the ring upon her finger. Then she smiled again, waving the barmaid over.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

the rogue finished her plate of fish, just listening and watching the group. she chuckled at times at their games, but in a way she did envy them.
she caught sight of the large female, who wasnt truly human, enter. she watched a moment till she began chatting with a group. then Zarae turned full attention, for the most part, to the table.
"i saw there was a bathhouse, have yall checked it out? sometime tonight I think i will make way there anyway."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

[i:3lnxhad4]Ooc: This is..Try two at joining the role-play environment. I'm open to criticism, helpful, of course. Any pointers I welcome, so...Here goes. :\ [/i:3lnxhad4][/size:3lnxhad4]

[i:3lnxhad4]"Not too much further, I promise you,"[/i:3lnxhad4] came a desperate whisper that formed through the soft silhouette of silver lips, the exact pair belonging to a petite Drowess they called LiNeee, of course that was her name in short form and she appreciated it as much as the elongated form. At current her mind was wandering through ways of discovering a place to rest her head, and of course the mare that she straddled;[url=http://www.nordritt.se/assets/img/nords ... g:3lnxhad4]Destiny[/url:3lnxhad4]. She was a fine black Mare with a long bristling mane, her coat shimmering lightly in the sunlight; though of course, it wasn’t sunlight right now. In fact, LiNeee couldn't remember the last time she saw sunlight was, way before anything she knew that was for sure. The mare below her gave a soft whinny, her ears flickering backwards in recognition of her masters words. [i:3lnxhad4] “There’s a good girl,”[/i:3lnxhad4] LiNeee whispered, leaning forwards in the western, leather saddle and stroking fine fingertips along the nape of Destiny’s neck. They had come to a soft halt on top of a small hill, looking over a garden that only could be described as beautiful; Destiny whinnied, excited to be somewhere, because of course, beyond the gardens and patches of moonlight lit fountains and bathing areas, stood the ancient but, very erect looking, Inn, or perhaps a Tavern. Excitement hit LiNeee hard, [i:3lnxhad4] food, water, sleep! [/i:3lnxhad4] Her mind was all but yelling at her as she clicked her heels hard into the flanks of her mounts’ side and took off down the hill towards the entrance gate; a large forming, chrome looking, masterpiece obviously built over one-hundred years ago. In awe, LiNeee guided the reins in, bringing Destiny back to a graceful trot, those hooves flicking the small stones here and there as they crossed paths.
[i:3lnxhad4] “Good eve, milady, welcome to the Half-Moon Inn,”[/i:3lnxhad4] A stables boy called as she brought Destiny to a stop in front of the wide oak doors of the Inn, her lips tilted up with a smile, showing off those pincer-like fangs, barely noticeable by most, but surely there, [i:3lnxhad4] “Vendui,” [/i:3lnxhad4] She replied fondly, swinging her leg over and sliding down; dismounting with pure elegance. Un-aware of her foreign language she went on, [i:3lnxhad4] “Qualla, Usstan orn’la saph ol Elamshin, ussta zaphodiop, zhahus washed lu’zirh. Usstan intend pholor staying I’isto, taknea.” [/i:3lnxhad4] Brows furrowed she watched the expression the boys face change, colour draining and his own eyebrows disappearing into his hairline. That was when she realised her mistake, [i:3lnxhad4] “oh, sorry,”[/i:3lnxhad4] she hastily told him, [i:3lnxhad4] “I am LiNeee, I would like, my horse Destiny here, to be washed, and fed please.” [/i:3lnxhad4] Each word seemed to drone on, even laced with her drow accent and coated in her innocent sweetness, it seemed like she was struggling. She turned away from him, but not before shoving her hand into the pocked she had in the leather body suit she wore, and bringing out three small golden coins, two of which she flipped towards him with a smile and tilt of her head as she passed the reins over. [i:3lnxhad4] “Take good care of her, please,” [/i:3lnxhad4]were her last words before she disappeared into the Inn; hood pulled up to hide her ivory hair and the small leather pouch tucked nicely to her side with the coins she had inherited.

[i:3lnxhad4] OOC: I'm really hoping that wasn't lame. XD [/i:3lnxhad4]
Last edited by LiNeee-niss'xae on Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looked to Veraka as the colossal woman and Lothir began chatting.
"So what's with the female tank here, ehh?"

The aasimar shrugged his shoulders, letting the clone figure things out. Veraka was content with just to sit back and let Onix do most of the talking.

The clone turned around, taking another swig of his drink, letting his tastes absorb the wine. It was when the newest drow walked through the door that he looked over, and raised a brow.

Turning back to the aasimar, Onix asked "what do ya think of her?"

Veraka raised a silvery brow and shook his head; "you're too tall," he chuckles to the clone.

"Hey, I did. . . . . . . you're no fun, paladin," Onix retorts, rolling his eyes in the process.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Welcome LiNeee. No, not lame at all, dear. One little question, though- I noticed the horse referred to as a mare, and then down at the bottom you called it "he". So which is it? Just something you might want to pay attention to, to avoid confusing folks...

IC: The bard looks up, turning to the odd pair at his table, and grins. "Onix, trust me- Rooky is more than even YOU can handle!"

At the new arrival, he watches thoughtfully for a moment, then shrugs. "Yeah, he's probably right, Onix- you'd probably break her. Anyway, maybe you should be looking closer to home?" He says, nodding toward Zarae. "You've got about as good a chance as anyone, my friend. At least she knows you."

LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

[i:1rqsgtww] OOC: Thankyou, and right you are. Sorry about that, I changed it. [/i:1rqsgtww]

Moments had passed, and still the Drowess stood there, shock emphasized on her face. Dedicated to her formal wishes; she really had no idea of just how many habitants would be inside the Inn. Rolling her neck she peered around the foyer with eager eyes, seeking out a table with no one taking up any unwanted space; that was what she headed for, each step precise, almost graceful for a tall woman; well, five foot eight.

Lifting a slender hand she bestowed the hood covering her face and brushed it back, revealing the moon shaded, hair that she had been hiding; why hide? Why feel pressured into living beneath rock when, she had no choice of what she were?
A deep sigh left her as she dropped into the hard wooden chair, those slender digits of hers, quick to snatch up a menu, on which she read the lists of beverages and meals, stomach growling in acceptance.

[i:1rqsgtww] "Ahh, just a plum wine, please..." [/i:1rqsgtww] LiNeee gently asked one of the many employees that were running around, name tag exclaiming; [b:1rqsgtww] Bronwyn Lightfoot. [/b:1rqsgtww] Savvy. The girl nodded her head and took off in the direction of the bar, hips wiggling and hair swinging. LiNeee grinned, teeth shining almost in the rather decent light of the Inn. Well, she thought, might aswel get comfortable. With that she leant backwards in her chair, crossing one leg over the other under the table, hands coming to sit on the surface of the table; there, she waited.
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[quote="Lothir":10hkvzmy]
"Onix, trust me- Rooky is more than even YOU can handle!"

At the new arrival, he watches thoughtfully for a moment, then shrugs. "Yeah, he's probably right, Onix- you'd probably break her. Anyway, maybe you should be looking closer to home?" He says, nodding toward Zarae. "You've got about as good a chance as anyone, my friend. At least she knows you."[/quote:10hkvzmy]

The clone looked to Lothir, then back to Rooky and shrugged; "if worst case scenario happens, then so be it, we'd find out then. But until such an occasion, does happen, I'll just think of her as a very tank-like woman who I don't want to piss off; it's that simple."

"Oh brother," Onix said rolling his eyes; "this is where I had Pyro with me. He's my wingman in these sorta situations; buuuttt, I suppose I'll just have to substitute you at the moment, Lothir," Onix grunted back to the bard.

Veraka chuckled at the clone's response.

The aasimar then continued; "oh and as to Onix being that strong, I wouldn't be too sure of that; sides I once knew an sun elf maiden, who was stronger than most gave her credit for, including me, as I found out the hard way. But that day was [b:10hkvzmy]long[/b:10hkvzmy] ago. So Lothir, don't be to hard on our clone friend here."

The clone raised a brow to this; "Is that a challenge?"

"I don't know; up to you," the aasimar replies, putting an elbow up to onto the table, his hand extending towards Onix with smile on his face.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He looks dubiously a Onix, and chuckles. "Suit yourself- But you know the old saying about lying down with dogs. You wake up with fleas..." He chuckles to himself, and then shakes his head. "Much as I'd like to oblige you, my friend, I can't be anyone's wing-man, as you put it. I have other responsibilities now." He nods toward Vala and the little ones, and picks up the pick-wrapped bundle that is May.

Vala puts a hand on the clone's arm, and smiles. "Why not just go over and ask her?" she says, looking at him curiously. "A woman likes to feel appreciated, and to know that a man is interested."

OOC: Veraka- for some reason the site's not allowing me to pm, so...
Answer: Only someone as devious and evil as a drow!!! You know what I mean. :devil:

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Bout damn time, the lad found himself some responsibility and took it; way to outlandish for his own good," the clone responds to Vala.

"As to your suggestion, Lady Vala; well, there's little trait that my brother Pyro always possessed that I've lacked which we clones like to call brashness. For some reason, and all my brothers all agree with me here, I've always been the bachelor of our squad, if you will."

Veraka looks to Onix, then to Lothir, then to Vala and finally sighed; "look, friend; if you aren't gonna get up and go over to ask that lovely lass to even simply come over and join us, then I will."

Onix raised a brow right as the platinum armored aasimar scooted his chair back.
"Alright, alright; jeez, I'll do it" Onix mumbled in return to Veraka, who merely chuckled.

"That's the soldier I know," Veraka snickered.

The clone looked to Vala and said; "gods, I hope you're right Vala."

Getting up from his position, Onix made his way over to the Inn's newest arrival. The clone could feel his heart racing as he made his way over to her.

"Excuse me, miss; I couldn't help but notice that you're over here alone, and I was wondering if you'd like to join me and my companions over at our table?"
Onix hoped to whatever god or goddess was watching at the moment that he wouldn't find himself facing a rejecting reply.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

OOC: So I got eaten by life >>

It's not even amusing anymore. Wasn't before either, but you'd think the locals would get used to you. Then again, new arrivals seem to pour in daily...how do they even find the Temple? It stands as a demiplane, conduits open to all the prime worlds and planes in the Multiverse and yet they -find- it with no problems...

A sigh escaped, as she found it not even worth the thoughts anymore...perhaps the Dancing Lady knew what she was doing...perhaps she didn't. But it wasn't worth much thought. Blackwood raised from her seat, peeling out of the shadows...In her trade, the marks of battle are normal, but some stand out far more then one would like them. To the more savage, primal races, the bigger the scar, the greater the honor gained from the kill. To others, the odd glances aren't the greater concern, already the questions the onlookers, passers by and acquaintances ask more times, then one would be comfortable.

From the tip of her scalp, over the brow and across the right side of her face, down to the very line of the chin, three marks of a claw large enough to cover the entire side of her face trailed over. The redness in it spoke of how recent it was...but despite the redness, the signs of burnt flesh weaved along the claw marks. Whatever struck her, burnt her as well.

As she wead her way beside the tables and chairs, a passing glance was sent to the infants. For a moment, the glance lingered on them...in another time, another world perhaps she'd have even smiled at them, but all the beast could smother was cold glance and a quirked brow. On her stride to the bar, she look over her shoulder, towards Lothir.

[i:1gl793pa]"I admit I find their heritage amusing boy...unless my own senses betray me...but the blood of a Sun Elf lingers in them...no?"[/i:1gl793pa]

One would expect she'd wait behind the bar, but Blackwood simply made her way behind it. All the bar received was the odd gold coin, while she helped herself to the drink. How many times she stood here idly, and the time wasted arguing over dogma and moral, she didn't even need look where the alcohol was. On a few attempts at uncorking the bottle, the patiance waded. A closed fist raised to the neck of the bottle and smashed it off sending the shattered piece into the sink behind the counter.

[i:1gl793pa]"The last time this happened, the senior priesthood insisted I remain outside the temple for a month...afraid I'll strike at the children...as insulting as the thought of theirs was, that I will slaughter infants, they were right to be concerned...how do you expect them to prosper as such? The purity of blood is of greater importance then their grasp on morale and the enlightened path..."[/i:1gl793pa]

Even the growl sound off through her deep voice, and feral eyes peered at both infants and their father, there was no usual threat in it...yes, her voice was as usually harsh and bitter in tone, but this seemed more an inquiry then anything else.
:3
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Vala chuckles at his assessment, and a merry twinkle flashes in the golden-skinned female's eyes. "Oh, don't be so certain. He's more responsible- not to mention canny- than he lets on. Perhaps if you get him tipsy enough, he might even tell you about how we met! He hides his ideals behind humor and a carefree manner, but make no mistake- there is no one who is more dedicated to serving justice and light."

"Bite your tongue, milady- you'll ruin my bad reputation!" the bard says, clucking his tongue. Then he glances at Palax, whose eyes roll at the jest.

"If he's do damned responsible, why did it take him so long to return to us? Over a year? And then only AFTER he'd gone and begat his mongrels on you, sister. Oh YES- VERY responsible." He says with more venom than is prudent, and gets up to stalk away with a scowl, wisps of smoke drifting from his nostrils. His golden features bear a tint of red, and he slams the door on his way out.

"Well, that was.... Palax still hasn't forgiven my absence, it seems."

At Rooky's question, he looks up, and looks at her with puzzlement. "Sun elf? Ah, no, more like Moon elf and gold dragon. An odd combination with my own self, to be sure, but hopefully they will have their mother's temperment, rather than Uncle Sourpuss who just stormed out."

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka, still watching Onix, was a little surprised when the other paladin stormed out of the room, generating quite the ruckus as he did.

The aasimar sighed, and got up as well; "excuse me for a bit; I believe the paladins need to have a one-on-one chat for a bit. Lothir, Vala, Lady Blackwood," and with that, Veraka followed Palax out the door. The aasimar, who'd known most paladins of Faerun to be somewhat fair and like-minded folks, found the knight's antics to be a little on the extreme side.

Finding the knight, Veraka called over to him; "ya know, Sir Palax, it does make it easier if ya just get me drunk and say a rather obscene comment about my size if ya want to be bring down the tavern."

The dragon-scale armored aasimar walks up to the knight, with his helm in his left hand.
"Besides, as I recall; being a knight OR a paladin calls forth the recipient of the title and rank to be fair and just to [b:1d16eldr]all[/b:1d16eldr] folks, regardless of race. That is why all paladins have the capacity to sense evil."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix