The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 4

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

He laughs at the clone's dubious expression, and shakes his head. "What, you think I mean literally? Perhaps you are thinking too one-dimensionally, my friend. When I say that something is of the element of water, it is more of an abstract concept, based on its most basic properties. In it's natural state, quicksilver tends to become liquid does it not? Just as brimstone burns easily, and with little provocation. Thus it is fire- not fire like a flame, but the ESSENCE of fire. They are all woven together in a tapestry of inter-relationships. Air is more than a simple gas we breathe- it is..."

He pauses as if the idea is difficult to put in words. "It is the enveloping truth of ALL gases, which connects them one to another. A master alchemist knows this, and can see the bonds between them to pull them apart or combine them in ways that border on magic. And sometimes, it IS magic."

OOC: Boy you opened up a can of worms on that one, V! I'm a wiccan, so I have done some study into how old-world alchemy correlates to modern chemistry. If you look at a periodic table, you'd quickly notice that all elements on it have certain things in common with others. Like what their natural state is closest to.

IE: Most metals are Earth, most gases are air, and then you have some that tend toward a liquid or highly combustible state. There are exceptions to the rule depending on variables such as atomic weight and mass, number of electrons, even the number and bonds of isotopes. But in general, the elements on the table will fall into one of the four categories that the alchemists of old defined.... That's more or less what he's trying to convey, but without knowing all the atomic stuff.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

[quote:59ej0iw5]"I can understand some of your clan's ways. We lythari are at times, odd in how we do things as some might say. but it is how we survive. and to be distinguished from those who are simular yet different (read evil)."
she looked out her small window as she rubbed her head. she was curious what time it was.
turning back to the barbarian, "there are times for stealth. and times for blunt approaches. but if you worry of my safety, I can tell you you dont have to worry. but i appreciate it." [/quote:59ej0iw5]

At this point Krom nods slowly, not entirely convinced that his protection is needless, then he answers, "If you understand these ways, then surely you understand also, my dilemma. I do not ask you to change your mind for pity's sake, nor at all, but if the gods would so mock my quest, by keeping the sort of deeds I seek to perform, to be welcomed back among my people, I must begin to consider how I might live a fulfilling life among other races."

[quote:59ej0iw5]to help him not worry, she whispers the words to a spell and a faint aura of magic filled the room (santuary- cleric spell).[/quote:59ej0iw5]

Wary of magic, he cringes a little seeing it enacted, but recognizing the aura, similar to powers shamans might invoke, he settles down though with a gaze all the more admiring and yet respectful of this female, asking her then, "Why then are you not with your tribe?"
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:2n7pyo0j]How?[/i:2n7pyo0j] Luexena paused, nodding at Zarae's plate when the barwench approached. [i:2n7pyo0j]The same for me, please.[/i:2n7pyo0j] Then she looked to the rogue. [i:2n7pyo0j]Delrum I've known since my childhood. Caine... That pixie is courted by my sister, and those two test my sanity more often than not.[/i:2n7pyo0j]

[i:2n7pyo0j]As for Kalannar...[/i:2n7pyo0j] The young priestess paused, casting a sidelong glance at the half-sea elf. [i:2n7pyo0j]He tossed me into a pond once.[/i:2n7pyo0j] The young drow smirked a bit at the memories. [i:2n7pyo0j]Then I sent a dragon after him. That was a beautiful payback.[/i:2n7pyo0j]

//caine lost his internet so might not be posting anytime soon - so we'll assume he's at some other table for now, playing his cards.[/size:2n7pyo0j]
Last edited by Luexena Deana on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Delrum grinned at that, pointing a bit at Kalannar who took a deep gulp of his drink and muttered.[i:3o43nops] Ya b' some messed u' people t' b' shiftin' int' dragon's as a joke! Tha' sor' of thin' woul' get a crew killed where I b' from.[/i:3o43nops] Delrum just smiled again and took a swig of his own. [i:3o43nops]S' ya b' from a place o' cowards then lad?[/i:3o43nops] Kalannar shot the dwarf a glare at that and then just smiled as he replied. [i:3o43nops]Nay. Jus' a place wit' people skinnier tha' ya.[/i:3o43nops] Delrum grumbled at that and was about to launch his own retort about skinny Elves and then glanced about noting much of his present company and would only utter "Bah." in response before burying his head in his tankard again.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

she sighed, wondering where she could start.
"its a complicated thing. but in a nutshell, I wanted to adventure and travel. to see the world instead of hiding from it."
she looked back outside to the dark sky and the light filtering in thru the window.
"do you have a purpose for living? do you live for something or someone, possible greater than yourself? as for other races, these folk have accepted you quite well."
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

[i:2tttfus9]As if all these goodly and peculiar sorts wandering in were not to each unique in their own respective way, the next figure to push through the door, though very much obscured in a hooded traveler's cloak, has an aura about him as a person of importance, and to a paladin's perceptions, a person of similar honor, and goodness. In the lands of Faerun these creatures have been seldom more than thieves, but what of their homeland? That distant place far across the ocean, and farther than any sailor along the Sword Coast has ever traveled, called Rokugan.

The figure under the cloak, keeps his face hidden under a very deep hood, almost exagerated for most humanoids, and sort of hump, over his back, not hunched, looks like it might be a large round shield, at one side, though they are hidden mostly, the scabbards of the exotic swords katana, and wakizashi reside together. With the low sweep of his cloak, feet are almost never seen, and then not very clearly, across the way he crosses, minding his own business for now, and takes to a table alone. When along comes the serving wench, his voice comes off actually very human, which might throw people off all the more, who are watching, as he orders, [/i:2tttfus9]"Would just like some water." [i:2tttfus9]and then out comes his hand, it is black as a drow's, but scaly, and bearing curved black talons, and the little bit of his arm that shows, has... feathers? That's right, and surely black as any raven's. This hand also lays down quite the peculiar sort of coinage, for it is made of jade.[/i:2tttfus9]

((First time adapting this concept to a Faerun setting, anyone mind playing out the wench or such as I've no proper guess as to how a humanoid relatively unseen and mostly unheard of throughout most but not all of Faerun might be received?))
Agmasek (Shadow Dragon, Illusionist, Shadow Mage)
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
and their Grandfather, Shiru Kitsuki
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

The elderly barwench paused, blinking at the odd sight, then shrugged some. Afterall she'd seen many odd creatures coming and going, and this one could have been someone with magically altered appearance or a creature of another plane. Besides this place was meant to welcome everyone as long as the people were not hostile. The woman accepted the coin and looked it over curiously before nodding again. [i:3fduo7do]If you need anything else, sir, let me know.[/i:3fduo7do] With that she went to bring him a clay jar of cold water and a glass, setting them before the creature upon the counter, casting a wary glance at him and then going about her business.
-----

Luexena seemed pleased with the reaction Kalannar displayed - clearly the relationships of the two were rather odd. [i:3fduo7do]It is natural to be afraid of the dragons, Delrum. Do not judge him too harshly.[/i:3fduo7do]

She grinned and snatched a piece of fish up with her fork, tasting the food, then nodded her approval. [i:3fduo7do]Now this tastes very good. You should order some for yourself, Kalannar.[/i:3fduo7do]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Oi. If I 'ad seen a dragon, I woul' 'ave taken my axe and cut it's 'ead clean off it's shoulders like Clangeddin woul' wan'! Exclaimed the dwarf as he took a bite from come bread and then some cheese. Kalannar meanwhile would eye the fish before he grabbed his own fork and stabbed a portion of it, pulling the stolen portion away from the fish and to his lips, munching on it as he gave Luexana a teasing grin. "Yours be jus' as goo' as any I'd order."
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

[i:2arf5gb2]Watching, and a bit eavesdropping on the conversation about dragons, these things are after all revered in this stranger's lands as divine beings, more to be respected than feared. As his kind are rare here, the elves to him resemble a similar but very different race, but Delrum, he mutters about,[/i:2arf5gb2] "Korobokuru? Looks wrong though." [i:2arf5gb2]Considering the boasts of the dwarf though, he is inclined to say his piece within hearing of all,[/i:2arf5gb2] "If dragons here are half what they are in my homeland, you believe your axe is enough to cleave their scales?"

[i:2arf5gb2]Again he reaches that scaled hand across to pour himself some water, and pauses to consider, how to drink from that vessel, without his hood slipping back. So he has heard, in lands outside his own, even of the most civilized of people, many are savages that fear and hate anything that does not look like a human. He can fend for himself he is sure, but would prefer not to.[/i:2arf5gb2]
Alternative Characters: Yonmei and Renji Kitsuki (Kitsune Rogues [Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide]),
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:1gm6jzae]Now, while I offered to share a meal with you, Kalannar, I did not mean you should eat from my plate.[/i:1gm6jzae] Luexena murmured and glanced to him, quirking her brow a little. [i:1gm6jzae]Though go on, I'll just order more. [/i:1gm6jzae]

[i:1gm6jzae]I think the only real way Delrum can defeat a dragon is choking it from the inside when it tries to swallow him.[/i:1gm6jzae] She flashed a teasing grin at her friend and then looked over to the stranger, waving lightly.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

((I've been out of this for waaaaaay to long...it is free to join, no?))

As befitting something as theatrical as her own visage...more so then usual as of late, the titan sized figure of a humble seven and something foot barged into the tavern, gracefully and appropriately as one would appoint only to a rampaging Orc.

Clad in a crudely patched animal skin, a bear pelt by the look and color of it, and an unshinned, worn out, charred and blackened mix of studded leather, chain and plate. The plate covered boots sounded off with heavy, slow thumps on the wooden floor as the ever gracefull, and ever womanly lady Blackwood made her way to a more secluded corner in the tavern. A hand, covered in a crude chain and leather gauntlet, reached over the pelt throwing it over the rest of the chair. Joining it, a claymore as big...if not bigger then it's owner covered up in a worn cloth part the hilt on it. A weak scent of dried blood trailed after it, and the cloth kept it from making any large sounds.
The woman slumped down into the fur over the chair with an audiable grunt. The only even remotely feminine aspect in all her movements, stature and charisma was crossing one leg over the other. She turned the chair away from the table, leaning one elbow on the table, the other over the chair's backrest.

The frame of the woman seemed almost comical in the smallish chair, and it's equally tiny table. A thick shadow covered most of her face, but what shined off were animal-kin eyes, yellow in color, curiously, albeit carefully eying the rest of the patrons over.
A low, throaty rumble sound off, peering over the more...interesting patrons, but she fell silent soon afterwards.

[i:rtlgbqe8]"...New faces each time I spin back...I wonder where the others've gone..."[/i:rtlgbqe8]

On the end of that thought, a deep toned cackle sound off as she fold her arms infront her. The lights that flickered gave off shine to wolven fangs, the eyes folding in wrinkles from an amused sneer;

[i:rtlgbqe8]"And the Holy Boy would've been so happy to hear my newest tale..."[/i:rtlgbqe8]
:3
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard turns at the heavy sound of the new arrival, his conversation with Onix and Veraka briefly forgotten. His eyes bulge as he spies her, and then he barks out a laugh. "Why, by the Maiden's big toe- Lady Blackwood! Been a long time, comrade! Sorry to say, I've not seen Sir Tal in a dwarf's age, more's the pity. Welcome back. And please join us if you like. I've coin enough for your meal, if you wish- do you still prefer your steaks rare?" He says with a suppressed chuckle and grin.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix finally free of the bard's ramifications, turns to regard the newcomer, as does Veraka. Onix locks eyes with the newcomer, and finds himself staring [b:t5ywam89]up[/b:t5ywam89] to the woman's yellow glowing orbs.
"And they say that us clones are huge," he joked to no one in particular, though hearing the bard's comment, he gets all the more intrigued.

Veraka, on the other hand, senses something odd about this goliath-sized female; an almost feral sense is what he caught, but only because of his own ravenous, raging beast inside stirred. The Berserker sensed it as well, coming up, but not manifesting itself, much to the aasimar's relief.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

Normally a bird might be put on edge by such a large, seemingly feline presence. But beneath that cloak, was no ordinary avian. Called Kenku in the few regions of Faerun that had ever seen them, this one, his disciplined state of mind does not turn to the fear instinctual dread urges upon him, only caution.

Still he waits for the dwarf to answer his inquiry, or perhaps answer the teasing on behalf of his question. He has never seen a dwarf, before now, and the curious stout creature that seems to drink alcohol as if dying of thirst with nothing else to turn to, amazes him in that he somehow manages to keep upright.

finally he decides a two-handed operation, one hand holding his hood in place, would work, and so it does fairly well, still hiding his face, as he puts away the glass of water, like tossing back a shot of hard liquor. None would see the dark beak it's poured into, nor the little bit that misses. His head levels back down again, and seems to stare at Delrum anew, that deep hood and what it hides that he goes to such lengths to keep it in place, likely drawing some curious looks.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Now that's odd," says the drow quietly. "Feathers? I wonder what sort of tales he might tell, eh friends? He seems a bit- nervous about showing his face. I've known a couple of people like that. There was this monk I met once- in Ironhold, who had an odd habit of climbing walls and sitting perched with his feet ON the chair, crouched like he was ready to spring off. He occasionally perched on top of the table or bar, even. He was weird. Overly fond of web spells, too. But he never showed his face to anyone. Like he had something to hide."

He regards the stranger again, then asks the server to send a drink the hooded figure's way. "Whatever he's drinking, give him another on me," he says, handing her a few coins. "And tell him it's just a friendly gift to a fellow traveler."