Shores of Dispair (part 5)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looked to Drakin as the assassin revealed himself; "Unlike your roguish style of strategy, and much as it might be to your surprise, I [b:2whejiau]am[/b:2whejiau] trained in the art of strategy and tactics, just differently than you or your brother. You forget, I come from the Uthgardt barbarians of the Northlands. Their way of warfare is not so different than you might think."

"And I asked you to come along as someone I know is as skilled with his blade as I am, should our guest here have proven hostile, but seeing as he didn't attack us, then, I suppose not. But also in that line of thinking, Drakin, strategically, does not make sense to have someone, such as yourself, covering one like me. One shouldn't charge into battle without the cover of others."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin shrugged his shoulder nonchalant. He wasn't willing to argue the points in the art of combat when they both knew their styles were completely different.

Drakin looked at the new half-Drow, whom was looking at him with a weird look on his face.

"What are you looking at?" asked Drakin, "Never seen an half-Drow assassin before with an annoying gargoyle before?"

"Hey!" Grisnaw protested.

"Fine," Drakin conceded, "An over-talkative gargoyle."

"That's better."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

He stops the strange look and snaps, "No, all the Drow assassins I've seen aren't Half-Breeds." He then looks over at Vigil and says "Stop pissing yourself and go back to flirting with Aurora, if I heard correct, like the wolf ho you turned into."

Vigil skitters up next to Aurora and yips, "Just like Lights." and gave the best a wolf could do at a wink to her.

He chuckles a little and just sits right back down to observe again by glancing around at everyone.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((OCC: Soon enough here ,Cinder))

Aurora again chuckled, being a wolf, she was accustomed to the flirtatious attitude that Neriah brought in around Veraka, so she accepted Vigils comment, and wink in stride with a laugh, much to Veraka's amazement.

Shaking his head at the two wolves, Veraka looked over to the odd half-drow and said, "So you have no recollection of your past, as far as your wolf friend, Vigil here, describes, and don't even remember your name. Well, I for one, am kinda leaning towards some shut eye, these past few days have been . . . rough, on all of us, so, perhaps you would like to join us, either for some refreshments of just some good one-on-one time with a bed, hmm?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

"Well now since that's all settled," Drakin said, "I'm heading back to the drinks, then a nice bed sounds good."

"Oooh time for some mead," Grisnaw said happily.

"You don't need anything else to drink," Drakin said back to the gargoyle, "You've already drank enough to kill a giant."

"Ahh, you're no fun." Grisnaw said with a pout, or as close to one as a gargoyle could manage.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

He cocked one eyebrow and at the same time Vigil tilted his head. Both of them kind have had a look of what is he talking about after the giant said bed.

Vigil yipped at Aurora "Bed what is that?"

He thought to himself "They seem to be able to be trusted, seeing they have another half-drow with them, and some shut eye without worrying about being attacked would be nice."

He just stands up as a response to the giant's question.

"Also..." thinking again "...it's be nice to feel what a bed finally feels like."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora looked to Vigil with a confused face, but then realized that he'd probably never even been indoors without someone trying to come after either his friend or himself.
'A bed is what Veraka, Neriah and others like him use to rest comfortably on; much like a soft wheat field, only in a house or other artificially constructed, or magic-constructed, building. Essentially, it helps biped humanoids get sleep,' she yipped back to the black wolf.

Veraka gave a quizzical look to the odd half-drow monk.
"Whatever type of life you've led up until now, I pity you for that, but know that you will sleep sound tonight. If anyone can make sure of that it's our host Zazzt, and failing that, my mother will see to it that we are undisturbed during our slumbers."

With that, Veraka turns on his heal with Neriah, and starts to head back toward the mansion, with Aurora flanking him.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

He follows keeping a good fifteen feet behind the giant. Vigil trots next to Aurora wagging his tail with each step.

Vigil barks “Most comfortable place I've slept is in arms of a big red.” at the end of the sentence he put a little bounce in his wolf trot

“This is going to be some interesting times” mumbling to himself
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora, while liking Vigils friendly antics, is still shaking her head in her mind, thinking of what will become of this little troop.
'A big red, huh? Go on?' she yips back, keeping pace with Veraka and Neriah.

The group reaches Zazzt's mansion, and Veraka goes inside through the magic doorway, followed by Neriah and Aurora.
"Well, friend, this is probably as close to home for the night as you're gonna get," Veraka said towards the half-drow monk, as he gestured around the inside of the mansion.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

OOC: Cough, next day, cough cough.

Zazzt immediately detected the arrival of the newcomers in his mansion. He appeared at the top of the stairs. His face was definately more haggard than before, and his robes seemed to hang more loosley on him that before. He briskly walked down to where Veraka and the half drow stood. Zazzt bowed in greeting, and smiling warmly said, "Ah, yet [i:fj29no6f]another[/i:fj29no6f] traveler in these woods. Welcome to my humble abode. I assume you would like a seperate room for the night? Or would you rather share with Veraka and his lovely wife?" Zazzt winked at the aasimar. With a snap of his fingers, a thistly figure of a drow female appeared at his side. "She will lead you to your room," He said. "If you have any requests, she will be happy to accomidate them."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

"Big Red is tree. My favorite to sleep in." Vigil yips. "and, the leaves are pretty colors in fall. Pretty much like you." Vigil smirks after yipping this.

He walks into the mansion, and gawking as his eyes follow the giants hand. Certainly the largest and most beautiful building he has ever been in, not to mention one of the first. This Veraka character was certainly a interesting one to him.

"Veraka, is his name, so as this strange new figure says, interesting..." he was thinking to himself "...and this other half-drow Drakin, as Veraka says, this is certainly going to be strange."

He looks at this new figure and the Drow Female that appeared by his side, and twitches. He gets in a defensive stance again, and starts looking around to try and watch everyone at the same time. Slowly he backs up till his back is a little over a foot away from the wall.

"A trap..." he says to himself "...i should have known better"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt raises an eyebrow, and is momentarily confused by the half drow's actions, then he realizes what is going on, and a soft laugh escapes his lips, "Is this precaution really necessary? You have already spent quite a while with Veraka. And truth be told, I am a wizard, not only a practitioner of the martial arts such as yourself, so to me, it hardly matters if you are closer to a wall or not, as a ball of fire will would still suffice if I was to wish you ill will." He pinched the bridge of his nose, and let out a soft sigh, "Note, however, that I am not exactly in top shape, since the strain of maintaining a living place for a group as large as ours is difficult, and so I couldn't cause you any harm. Even if I wished it."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora laughed slightly, then noted Zazzt's statement with a wry grin.

Neriah looked at the half-drow monk and shook her head; "Scar, it's not like this female is out to get you; if that was the case, do you honestly think Veraka would just be standing here as well as Aurora?" Only then did Neriah realize that she inadvertenly called the stranger a name that wasn't his own. "My apologies," she quickly said.

The aasimar turned to his wife and gave her a blank stare, not quite sure what to make of what she'd just said. Then he spoke up; "actually, I think that fits our monk friend here just fine."
Turning toward the half-drow, Veraka continued, "you seem to have a number of real scars across your face, so I think it fits you aptly, plus you don't remember your past, as Vigil said to Aurora, almost like you've experienced a mental scar of some sort, but I leave it up to you, my friend."

Aurora yipped her agreement to the monk; 'I think it fits, plus you need a name.'
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

He sat there thinking for a while about what the female that came with Veraka had said. Veraka certainly didn't seem like the type to just stand around if a fight was about to break out. He lowered his guard and slide away from the wall.

"Scar..." He pondered a bit, and then just nodded his head in agreement.

Scar walked up next to Vigil, who seemed to think his rightful spot was at Aurora's side, and patted his head. Scar then turned towards Veraka and just smiled and nodded his head again in agreement.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka smiled as Scar accepted his nickname suggestion from Neriah.
"Well now that that's over, I for one, would actually like to get some sleep."
"Oh no, sleep is definitely gonna have to wait, my mrannd'ssinss," came Neriah's voice from his side. She had an impish grin on her face which Veraka already knew what he was in for.

[quote="Zazzt":1y2nhqlx]I assume you would like a separate room for the night? Or would you rather share with Veraka and his lovely wife?" Zazzt winked at the aasimar.[/quote:1y2nhqlx]

Neriah looked to Zazzt and snickered, "I'm sorry Zazzt, but right now, I'm more of the one-on-one type with my husband, and I'm [b:1y2nhqlx]very[/b:1y2nhqlx] adamant about that," she said with a wry grin. Then looking to Veraka, she dragged him away toward their room, with Veraka reluctantly following, albeit somewhat stubbornly.

With Neriah speaking so well for Veraka and being able to command him in such a fashion made Aurora smirk as she went over to a corner and plopped down, resting her head on the ground.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix