Shores of Dispair (part 5)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((new guy might be a satyr if i remember right)

Zarae shrugged to Cinder's question. the last several days she hadnt been too worried about her appearence, as it was clear with a bit messy hair. but zarae didnt often think about her appearnce, surprisinly for a female drow. with it mention, she took her hand to flatten her red streak silver hair.

but the new music got everyone distracted. she remained quiet tho vilgilent should the newest person prove hostile. watching and waiting was something she was practiced at.
'this forest is more inhabited than Pyoro implied,' she thought to herself as her foot silently suffled thru the snow.
the sky had been clear and bright blue. not a cloud in sight, tho that meant bitter cold coming that night. at least they still had some of the fire berries, she hoped anyway.
Zarae looked back to the others sitting quietly and she made her way over to them and joined them at the main camp.(those who aint able to post as much- Pwdn, Frad, Lyon, Drakahin, Biot, ect...)
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Zhetta
Maid
Maid

Post by Zhetta »

is wondering if she knows this green-eyed................from another time and place
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

((A few OOC notes for future reference: Yes, he's a Satyr (aka Faun). Yes, the dialect is Cockney, I figured such a dialect of Common would be well-suited to such a person. Lastly he is not a Druid himself, Satyrs are racially immune to the magic of their flute music. That particular music BTW, is a magic only a Satyr can use, and it must be with their flute. Used by anyone else, the instrument is as powerless as a mundane flute. He is however both a Ranger and a Bard, the latter a more common occupation for Satyrs.))

One more druid than he'd suspected in his midst, the dark-tanned face shows his surprise, but it is not without delight. So taken is his race with the pleasures of life, and there is no exception as he now has two women to admire for resisting the charms of music that has left many men fast asleep, and many ladies seduced by his natural and magical charms. He could see though, this second Druid was with someone, and was the wiser not to cross that line.

Still, there is Zhetta, who catches the majority of that admiration, and if indeed a Druid long enough to know that look, the look of a fey creature, intent upon wooing her. Without anyone giving an answer about dryads, he pipes in, [color=green:2ot6pogq]"Dryads, isit? They can be a rowdy lot, usually fough, they lure in good adventurers such as yorselves, wiv the illusion of a damsel beset by monsters, or demons, beggin' yer ter Chas'n'Dave 'er, all the bloody wile, right, the bloody weave of the illusion gets deeper, right, wile yer go ter her rescue. Before yer know it, she's got you lot wrapped so tight 'round 'er fingers, right, her glamor, right, that yer've forgotten and abandoned all uvver purwhistle and flutes in life, for the chuffin' illusory joy of servin' yor new mistress. Anyway, they're a type of fey, 'oose lives are bound directly ter oak trees. Trees, it's the bloody Sylvan tongue, they speak. Bloody gossip mongers! Struth!"[/color:2ot6pogq]

That said, his brows knit a moment, and he realizes with all embarrassment, [color=green:2ot6pogq]"Blimey! 'ere I've been waggin' me tongue, on and on about the tree-folk, and 'aven't said a word of proper introduction. I'm bloody well afraid I'm not terribly well-known, right, but known enough where it counts, right, Millek Amephran, Bardic Ranger at yor service."[/color:2ot6pogq] At last, there is a pause to consider Zhetta's stare, as if he should remember her, and it causes him to render the same expression. In all the twists and turns of his magical life, had he met her before, perhaps as a small girl? Had he left an impression back then? And what sort, if so? These questions nagged at him, terribly, an he mentally begged for his chosen goddess, for Mielikki to send either him or Zhetta a clarifying memory, that ties them together, ending the dual of curious stares.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka hears the odd, but interesting music, then a masculine voice coming from the direction of Cinder, Adian and Zhetta. Turning about, he saw a satyr now among the ranks of their ever growing band.
Instantly, his mind flew to Neriah, and was worried that she might have been seduced by the faun's music. A calm hand grasped his shoulder, and Veraka instantly felt better. Who in their right mind would try and seduce his bride to be when his mother was present, and was ecstatic about the news.

"Come, Veraka; let's go meet this new arrival," came Sanisa's voice from his side.
The storm warrior nodded towards his mother and walked over to the newly arrived bard.

"Hail, Mellik Amephran; what brings you to our fine, little alcove in the woods?" came Sanisa's near singing voice as the solar stepped forward from her son and gave a slight bow to the satyr, then turned about and signaled Veraka to come over to her.
Last edited by veraka on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

Frad emerged from where he'd been watching the group and walked through to the campfire, past Pwdn who had finished whatever cookery she'd been doing and determined to add his own touch to the wedding festivities, such as they were. He announced himself to the others as he went through with a comment to the satyr. "Yer thinkin' o' tha hamadryads. S'any plant gets one if they're old enough, ya just head about 'em more from tha oaks what with their tendency ta live the time taken ta gain favour wi' the fae." He looked the satyr up and down as he spoke. "Ya got any joy in a bottle at all? Jus' askin.'" He moved on to the campfire to get to work but remained close enough to interact with the others.

Lyon, who had been grinning like a loon at all the new arrivals, was watching the satyr with interest, he'd not even heard of one before but he didn't register as evil, so the creature was of course welcome.

Pwdn, who seemed somewhat better off than before having created a simple restoration poultice that had restored a portion of her lost strength, was delighted to meet yet another companion. She greeted him with the offer of some of the tea she was drinking. She'd made it from the roots of some of the shrubbery and it was bitter but very refreshing indeed, just what was needed after the fight and with all yet to come. She continued to eye the brash sun elf, not yet ready to let her get complacent while here lest she endanger them all, but did not yet say anything. "It is a pleasure to meet you, I must say you play beautifully, and I'm sure I needn't tell you that it is in your best interests to be very careful whom you try to meddle with while here, though I can't say none here would appreciate your attentions several of us are spoken for, and I myself would be a bad choice for such distractions. I mean no offence, of course, but it is best to be direct and honest about such things don't you think?" She had brought enough of the tea for everyone, and offered it about in turn to the whole group.

Lyon yelped as he drank his, causing Pwdn to chuckle. "I suppose I should mention that it's still very hot."
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian glanced around at the others: There was a sort of guardedness about their welcomes that he didn't know anything about. He sighed, reminded again that his life in the Promenade hadn't been the most worldly education.

"Well," he said. "The invitation stands open. The fire is warm and a near celebration is in the offing soon. We could always use a musician to cap things off."
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder spotted two sapplings close enought to each other to make a nice Arbor the couple could stand under. " Are you going to put your new Armor on adain?" she asked. " and Adain i did bring the lute i found at the cave if any one knows how to play it i t is rapped in a fur hide on the pack horse."
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian raised an eyebrow.

"Everything in that cave was at least a hundred years old."

On the other hand she had a pretty good track record. He shrugged, wrapped himself in his cloak, and moved towards the forest.

"I'll be back in a few minutes," he said. "Changing armor can take a little while."
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder made an arbor with Zhetta for the couple to get married under with the two saplings that were happy to have the honor. Cinder thank them for there blessing and promised to be very carefull. She desided that her leather pants and thick sweater would not do for the occation and went to her pack to find something after the arbour was delicately made to satisfaction. She found a woolen purple dress that would have to and did her best to shack out any rinkles it would have to do and went behind the trees to put it on.
Last edited by CinderSuru on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

By this time, Neriah had gone off into the woods, and try on the wedding cape that Zhetta had crafted for her. The red in it matched near flawlessly with her red form-fitting leather armor. The fey'ri looked about and twirled, letting her newly acquired red wedding cape flow with her as she spun. Content with the added attire, Neriah made her way back to the camp and then overheard Pwdn.

[color=indigo:20s2ada8]I'm sure I needn't tell you that it is in your best interests to be very careful whom you try to meddle with while here, though I can't say none here would appreciate your attentions several of us are spoken for, and I myself would be a bad choice for such distractions.[/color:20s2ada8]

Neriah smiled at Pwdn as she made her way over to the cleric; "Pwdn, I definitely know how to make the guy's concerns voiced, don't you," she giggled at the Illmaterian.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

the rogue sat at the small fire just watching it and thinking on the events of the last day. she heard the business of things around her, plans, preperations, even getting dressed and ready. when Pwdn brung the drinks up she gladly took one. she was about to inspect it, a habit, but remembered she didnt need to. she sipped the hot drink carefully. she wondered what she might could do when an idea hit her.
within minutes, the arch and area set up for the ceremony was highlighted in numerous colors of faerie fire, purples, blues and greens on the plants and thruout the snow around the area.
then she set about throwing some reds in for accent(is that the right word?). she wasnt sure if other races appreciated the beauty of the faerie fire like the drow did. but she did want to help. (i guess zarae will have to fix up herself some soon.)
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder came out in her long wool dress trimed at the wide sleves and bottom in white fur. She thought it might be a good idea to add a larg chunk of snow to the wine plum mix just to thin it out a bit she didn't think they needed any one getting to drunk, she had gotten a bit of a hang over from the warm wine the night before. All the pits and peels had been removed and it was warming by the fire and realy for the celabration.
" Can any one play the lute " she asked looking around
She brushed her hair waiting to see Adain appear in his new Armor.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian reappeared a few minutes later. As fine as his elven mail had been, the new armor was a sight to behold. Polished and gleaming, the fine mail moved like cloth on him, with metal plates protecting his joints and vital organs. The runes were small, etched along the edges of the metal pieces, and quite small so there were a great many of them. His cloak fit neatly over the whole thing, and it was possible for nearly the entire suit to be concealed if he were to wear thick enough clothing.

"Well," he said. "I look like I'm ready for a parade...or a binding ritual."
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

As Adian emerged Cinder heart sunk, the armor fit close to his chiselled body she knew well. The violet lights around him seemed to dance with delight " You look glorious Adain " and she hug him close to her and took his hand " lets have a drink of warm wine, i was thinking i am getting a bit hungery would you like something too.'
She asked " i believe Zhetta is planing to use her magic to make a feast for after the wedding but you might like something until them. "
She asked " You look so handsome " she said kissing his cheek.
She sat by the fire with some of Pwdn's mushroom loaf and honey sipping the warm wine. " Please help yourself anyone there is plenty of the warm drink to last. " she offered. She watched Adain as he wanded the camp helping Verake make ready. She could not take her eyes off him the amyethist stones glistened in the sun there seemed to be a magical reponce between them and the violet lights surrounding him " She knew her devotion to him would be absalute no matter what the future might hold for him, she understood on the deepest level what her mage required of her toward Adain and he would have her love what ever form it might take. There was one reason she was there and that was for him and what ever he required of him. she looked up to the half moon rising on the horizion. She thought of Eilistraee and her new devoition to her, and could not wait to enter her service offically.
She saw the happiness that emerced Verake and his beautiful women.
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

(Now beggin' your pardon, but what manner of folk are Frad, Pwdn, and Lyon? Their names are peculiar on their own, so I'd be guessing something not quite human?)

[quote:2k1552yn]"Hail, Mellik Amephran; what brings you to our fine, little alcove in the woods?" came Sanisa's near singing voice as the solar stepped forward from her son and gave a slight bow to the satyr, then turned about and signaled Veraka to come over to her. [/quote:2k1552yn]

Now this puts the often confident fey a little off-balance, he'd always had this concept of solar as bald and genderless, here's one that to the satyr found his debonair smile for, by the time she'd come up from her bow, ever intent on charming any lady he could, but aware well before he's told that many seem spoken for here so it is a smile with caution, [color=green:2k1552yn]"Truff bein' told, my lady, I've never found a place ter settle dahn, right, so I'm bloody well often on the road... or off it. Eever way, I were out stretchin' me legs, wen I smelled the aroma of fruit upon the wind, right, and knowin' that none of the local monstrous races, except maybe a few giants, right, have any talent for such not so bad cookin', right, I 'ad ter come spot wot I might find."[/color:2k1552yn]

An arched brow of curiosity and intrigue mark Millek's face with the lesson about his apparently limited familiarity with dryads, ultimately though, he gives an indifferent shrug, [color=green:2k1552yn]"They are all pretty much the same, right, I find wen it comes ter gossip, blokes pickin' stuff off their trees."[/color:2k1552yn]

At the inquiry of joy in a bottle, out from under the satyr's heavy, sable wolf pelt cloak comes several water skins, [color=green:2k1552yn]"Not quite bottles, right, but I 'ave some liquid joy right 'ere, init? Might be a bit too strong of stuff if yor 'avin' a weddin' as reserved as 'uman or elven folks do them. I spose I could part wiv it fough, if yer can promise me some not so bad adventures ter write about. Good wine ain't so 'ard ter find among Bacchae, right, but fresh new songs of adventure, ffese are more valuable at such a knees-up."[/color:2k1552yn]

[quote:2k1552yn]"It is a pleasure to meet you, I must say you play beautifully, and I'm sure I needn't tell you that it is in your best interests to be very careful whom you try to meddle with while here, though I can't say none here would appreciate your attentions several of us are spoken for, and I myself would be a bad choice for such distractions. I mean no offence, of course, but it is best to be direct and honest about such things don't you think?"[/quote:2k1552yn]

Now to this, honestly he could only laugh outright, giving a grin that both held both assurance that he well-understood the subtleties of which he was being instructed upon, but at the same time, his next words came in part as friendly teasing, [color=green:2k1552yn]"I find it's often the most reserved lasses, right, that are the wildest once they're swept off their feet, and shown 'ot ter have fun."[/color:2k1552yn]

The attempt to flirt with the cleric doesn't last though, between Sanisa and Zhetta, the flirtatious satyr, had other prospects to keep his interests, especially as these two seemed free to him. Awhile after watching the arbor being made, and still trying to remember if he should know Zhetta, he finally falls into playing a playfull melody upon his flute, this one holding a subtler magic to it, easily resisted, but harmless all the same, for it lies in the high spirits of the tune, the urge to dance, or tap feet, or even drum fingers. There is also an effect upon the dance of flames, natural, magical, and even the perceived Faerie Fires, which he takes fond note of, as within the confines of each respective source of flame, there forms shapes of dancing satyrs and nymphs, dances of celebration and revelry. All the while, the bob and weave of Millek's head in time with his melody, wears a big smile, and a flirting glimmer in those green eyes should either of the prospective ladies meet his gaze. A hint of curiosity too, if they are Zhetta's eyes meeting his.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)