Shores of Dispair (part 5)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

He keeps his defensive stance, and keeps listening to the two wolfs talking to each other, and twitched at the sound of nameless one.

"It has been so long I forgot that i didn't even have a name."

Vigil barks "Aurora, pretty, just like lights that shoot across sky at night. We were playing, hiding, and running like we have done for years. See we've been friends since I was Pup and abandoned since I was runt."

"Damn it Vigil you just want to flirt don't you? We need to start running again before that big on gets here to kill us." he think to himself while looking up seeing a creature flying recklessly, almost drunk like above. "and if that thing is his they are close."

He tenses up getting ready to sprint towards Vigil. to pick him up and start bolting away from them. Vigil sense him tense, and growls at him then yips a bit.

"You don't know that!" he shouts at the wolf shocking himself that it came out that loud.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Looking at the half-drow, then back to Vigil, Aurora chuckles, or what passes for a wolf, and yips back; 'if you two were playing, then that is understandable; and what is your friend afraid of the big, shiny fellow, who's my friend, Veraka. If he's worried about Veraka being the aggressive type, then that's far from, I can't see my little brother and paladin attacking a couple of wanderers like you two; unless of course, he was provoked into doing so.'

Her implied meaning should have been understood well enough; though Neriah looked down at the winter wolf and replied "are you sure this is wise?"

[i:wgiqotss]It's not as if there's much to lose here; I honestly can't see the odd fellow and Vigil attacking us outright, especially with the way [b:wgiqotss]he's[/b:wgiqotss] acting.[/i:wgiqotss] Aurora was implying the black wolf who was now arguing with his friend about something.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

He lowers his hands a little after hearing what the white wolf and to say, but he was still ready to defend himself.

"He has been hunted by the humans because of the Drow in him." Vigil yips at Aurora "He believes the big one wants his head like the rest of the humans, but if he is your brother...certainly not human."

He takes a slight step forward now interested in the conversation between the two wolfs, but he keeps his eye on the giant, that has yet to speak, since he appears to be the most dangerous one.

"Looks like he would be very strong, and depending on circumstance my lose his temper and strike wildly." He thinks to himself "but, from what the white wolfs says we won't have to worry about that, and thus far i haven't known a wolf to lie."

He lowers his guard a little farther, and relaxes some more just listening to the wolfs.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Drakin since when have I asked you a question that was [b:198v02wv]not[/b:198v02wv] rhetorical, at least when it comes to the imp?" Veraka counters back at his friend. Keeping an eye on Grisnaw, Veraka continues forward, until he sees Neriah and Aurora.

The armored paladin slides to halt in the snow as he sees Aurora conversing with the black wolf that came with the newcomer. At the moment, he's left without words, for Aurora seems to be taking them all up.

Aurora nods her white head towards Vigil's statement, then continues to bark and yip to him.
'To a degree, you are correct; Veraka is not a human in traditional sense, he is a plane-touched, an aasimar to be specific, and that being said, he's one who has the blood of a celestial flowing through his veins; and again, you are not far off in that he's my little brother. Much like in the way that your friend is special to you, Veraka is special to me, and he is part of my pack, or I consider him part of it. As to Veraka wanting someones head; well the only time I've seen him go do something like that was when either myself or Neriah, the one beside me, was in mortal danger. Other than that, I can't see him doing such a thing.'

Neriah notices her husband walk up beside her.
"You missed quite a bit," she remarks as Veraka steps up to her flank.

"So I noticed," he replies, looking at Aurora, then Vigil; "and here I thought I talked to much."

"M'ranndii, you usually do," Neriah replies with a smirk. The aasimar rolls his eyes at his wife, even as she giggles at his little humiliation.

[i:198v02wv]Aurora, what have you been up to, hmm?[/i:198v02wv]

The great wolf looks to Veraka and responds [i:198v02wv]Oh, nothing, other than apparently getting a flirtatious wolf talking to me and assuring our newcomer that you won't tear their head off.[/i:198v02wv]

The aasimar looks startled by this, as well as confused. He wonders why anyone would think that. But then again, this was a world where prejudices ruled rather than intelligence.

"So the white furball gains a admirer and we find ourselves with a new person with no name . . ." he stops, noticing the finer details etched into the half-drow, particularly the scars on his face; "can't say I'm surprised, now that I see the results of prior engagements."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

"Since I have no desire to attack a woman or a wolf..." he thinks "I guess I will not be attacked." he finally lowers his guard the rest of the way and sits down. He notices how Aurora turns her head to the giant that showed up, and starts rubbing his chin while watching everything that goes on.

"Interesting..." thinking to himself "...the white wolf and the Aasimar, as the wolf Aurora calls him, seem to share a link. Actually maybe that wolf can talk with her mind?" He Shivers "...would suck if she could read them."

Vigil takes steps forward and stops right in front of Aurora and barks "How do you talk with your Brother? I here no barks when you look at him to seem to speak, Because I talk to him like i talk to you. He understands, but I don't know how more then likely listening to us speak. Why he is relaxing now."
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin didn't join Veraka with his wife, he still couldn't believe that the ill-tempered giant had even found one. Instead he moved through the trees, slowly setting one foot in front of the other so the snow would crunch beneath his feet. He silently pulled out his shotel and took a position behind a tree where he could still see the newcomer. He kept flexing his spiked gauntlet hands to keep the blood flowing in them.

Grisnaw on the other hand had no intent on being stealthy. He landed on a large tree branch and said, "Oh joy, we have another dog to have fun with."

Continuing under his breath, "I hope he's not as smart as the white one. . ."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

Hearing a branch snap he bolts to his feet and gets in a stance facing where the sound came from. Slowly he draws more energy, then needed to keep warm, from his chi like he has practiced. He widens his stance and squats a little to lower his center of gravity. Vigil senses him pulling from his chi and forgets about Aurora and jumps to his side.

"I don't like this any more." he says soft enough for only the wolves to hear. "that creature from the sky is gone."

He starts focusing his chi to his hands to make them strong enough to go through stone.
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

[i:hw4sq0rn]A monk,[/i:hw4sq0rn] Drakin moaned to himself when recognized the stance, [i:hw4sq0rn]I hate monks.[/i:hw4sq0rn]

Grisnaw continued to swoop through the trees, not yet attacking. He stopped pretending he was drunk once he realized what the newcomer was.

Drakin crouched even further to the ground, slowing his breathing. If it came to blows, the first strike could very well decide the fight.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

He waited...drawing even more of his chi and focusing it to his hands. He waited. He never liked striking first almost always defensive. After standing there and moving his chi to his hands for so long his hands started faintly glowing red. The aura was just barely visible. now he started moving the chi through out his entire body. Slowly his forearms, shoulders, chest, stomach and legs started glowing. The snow at his feet started to melt. Vigil started whimpering and put his tail between his legs. Vigil growled once and scattered of and stood next to Aurora.

"Him like this isn't good." He yips at her "Only seen this twice. He gotten much better at it."

Vigil took a few steps backwards, then turned around and ran a good distance into the woods.

He focused more. Memories of the past encounters flashed through him. Mostly of humans, he hated them. He thought more of one memory, that helped him focus and always seem to overflow with chi, a child and her mother cut down by their own human kind he just stood there and watched. He couldn't do much he was young, not as strong as he is now. The rage of watching and just letting this happened started filling him the red grew slightly brighter.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looks up upon seeing the newcomer assume a fighter stance; looking up, the aasimar sighs upon seeing the fat imp perched up top a tree branch.
Turning to the half-drow, Veraka goes on to say "ignore the over-sized imp, friend; he's more of annoyance that anything else, except when in battle. Besides, he's more of threat to me than anyone else."

Aurora yipped out to confirm Veraka's statement; 'My little brother speaks truth. The fat rat with wings is just a disturbance factor, nothing more.'

Then wanting to answer Vigil's question, the winter wolf continues; 'my brother and I communicate through a telepathic bond that both of us possess through me being of the good alignment and from Veraka having celestial blood. He possesses the ability to communicate with any animal through that ability. Oh and he's relaxing because of the simple fact that we're talking to each other.'
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

His focus wasn't going to break. He could sense something other then the imp, and he thought he heard very slight crunch before the branch snapped.

"Not the imp I am worried about." He says speaking out loud for the first time. "Something more dangerous, and stealthy."

He keeps his stance ready, and waits. He doesn't bother watching the imp, just the tree.
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Grisnaw flipped Veraka a rude gesture at the comment.

Drakin continued to wait and see what the newcomer would do. The monk was talented, Drakin would give him that much, when he saw the monk's chi beginning to become visible.

Drakin only faced a few monks in combat, and he counted himself lucky for that.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Ya know, ya rat with wings, I can always send you flying again, or one better, have Neriah throw a fireball your way," Veraka retorted to the gargoyles gesture.

"Now, why would I do that, when I'm enjoying seeing you be humiliated by this oversized imp, hmm?" the fey'ri responded with a cheeky smile.

The aasimar groaned as he was now outmaneuvered by not only Grisnaw, but his wife as well.
Hearing the half-drow speak for the first time, Veraka called out; "Drakin, you can play [b:1sppejzh]ninja[/b:1sppejzh] later when we're actually in need of it; I find the continued use of your ability against this stranger somewhat pointless, hmm?"
Last edited by veraka on Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin stepped around the tree and said, "You really don't know the art of strategy do you? If you did you should know not to show your entire hand. . . besides if you didn't want my abilities why did you need me to come along?"

Grisnaw planted a palm to his face with a loud smack and groan.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

He lost all of his focus, and his chi vanished after seeing this half drow step out from behind the tree. He could tell that he wasn't full Drow by most of his features. A look of shock was upon his face while he kept his hands up.

"Another..." he said to himself.