Shores of Dispair (part 5)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

OOC: lyon is a human ranger, now paladin i think. its an elven name.
frad is a dwarf fighter, and yeah its a dwarf name.
pwdn is...well, like a jelly with a humanoid form cleric of ilmater.
biot is half drow, not sure of class.
Neriah is fey'ri rogue/sorceress, and a prestige class.

...who else is there? most the others should be known,
cinder drow druid
adain drow paladin
veraka aasimir barbarian/palidin/(special own class)
Zarae drow rogue/shadowdancer

----
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

((Lyon is a Human Paladin, level 3. He's very much the hero type.
Frad is a Dwarven Rogue, level 4. General troublemaker, would probably be suited to worship of Olidammara if he had as much of a presence in Faerun.
Pwdn is an Elven Cleric of Ilmater using the Slime template, level 17 (formerly level 22, but that's another story entirely). She's entirely dedicated to the Ilmaterian principles.))

Frad was still at work cooking but grinned. "Figures, tha way yer general hamadryad's one o' the more violent types. Lotta stories about 'em, but I'd guess ya musta heard some o' tha more blue stories? S'rarely the oaks wi' such an affectionate nature." He shrugged with overstated nonchalance and returned to his cooking having said this. "Ya get ta know this stuff when yer race is known fer wars wi' the forest an' all. Guess it's easier ta get ta know yer enemies than yer friends, eh?" There was no real point to this, but he was intrigued by the Satyr. He knew a rapier wit when he heard one being unsheathed, and he was testing him for the possibility of a comic duel. "Tell ya what mate, you stick around an' we'll see about tha adventures, though ya already missed the mad godless murderers, silver dragon, winter pheonix an' tha forgotten lair o' some ancient wizard." This ought to get him interested if nothing else, they were certainly all good stories in their own right. "Now hand tha stuff over an' I'll see if I can't run through that ole bastard's recipe an' make somethin' decent fer tha weddin' today." He grinned. "If yer really lucky, tha big demon an' all his mates might turn up again some time an' try ta off us all again. Or jus' tha vampire could come back fer Lyon."

Lyon was busy with a knife from the tent bag, it served for making pegs so it would serve for this; he was carving an image of two hands entwined by a rope or ribbon. His work was a little crude, but he took his time and slowly it became more apparent that he was modelling it on Pwdn, having seen her use her ribbon as a focus and knowing that the two hands bound together were the holy symbol of Ilmater. It would suffice for now, until he could find something more appropriate to use. He was also watching the sun elf, staying close in case she called for him or needed anything as he had been told to. At Frad's casual announcement, he looked irritable. "He can try, but I think he might be a bit more cautious this time, the great mewling fop."

Pwdn fixed the Satyr with an appraising look that was intense enough, even with the softened expression of her glasslike face, to be as close to threatening as anything else. "Believe me, you have no idea." Smiling again having reapplied her warning to him, she turned to Aidan, who she had been leaving to his time with Cinder for a while but felt she ought to offer some for of congratulations now considering his sudden fortune. "Aidan, I must say I'm impressed. You look very much the part of the romantic hero; be careful you keep to the image, you know how it is when you're representing so much so clearly. All eyes are going to be on you among our group, I suspect, whenever we encounter others on our journey." Suddenly realising this would sound rather daunting, she ducked her head to show that she still thought much of him. "I don't doubt for a moment, of course, that you will surpass all expectations as you so often do. I only mention this because being our leader, and now very obviously so, you might want to be a little more cautious in combat."
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"You have a point, Lady Pdwn," he said, running his hand through his hair a bit self-consciously. "I shall try to moderate the risks I take a bit."

Between the sword and the armor, Adian felt a bit more...well...in the role. They were still large shoes to fill, and he knew very well he had quite a bit of growing to do, but at least he [i:1z0v4zi4]looked[/i:1z0v4zi4] the part.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder with her brush in hand gently brushed his long beatiful hair to perfection. She stood back and looked at him, " you are truely a beautiful man. "
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian wore a silly grin as he looked at the ground, then back up to Cinder.

"Well, I guess I match my company then."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((sorry rasona. i was guessing i supose. tho i didnt catch that frad was a rogue.))

Zarae pulled out a cloth and a small bar of soap. over by the fire was an empty pit at the moment, tho whose she wasnt sure and it didnt look like it was in use. she filled it with clean snow and set in over the fire to melt. when done, seeing that most everyone else was up and busy, she dipped the cloth into the water and rubbed her the soap gently across it will it suds up. right now would have been a good time for a magic house again. she began the tedious task of cleaning herself, wipping any bits of dust, or possible dried blood.
when she was clean, as clean as she would be till she could get a proper bath, the stuff was put away and took out an old brush and began that process also.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looked to Adian, and nodded his approval at the young paladin's new look.
"Adian, I do believe that Cinder has something to be protective of now," the aasimar chuckled at the young paladin. As he finished his little joke toward Adian, Veraka noted his mother signaling for him to come over.

"Yes, mother, what is it?"
Sainsa looked at her son with pride; "Veraka are you going to sit around joking all day or are you going to take Neriah's hand in marriage and make sure that you are her child's father?"

Veraka looked at his mother with a dumbfounded look on his face, which caused her to laugh; "my son, do you not remember who I am. I have known about her little secret for quite sometime, and, yes, Veraka, you [b:lgig6phz]are[/b:lgig6phz] going to be a father. Now when and where that is going to happen, I know not, but suffice to say that yes, my son, you are going to be a father; which also implies that you and her got a little close to each other, and probably very, [b:lgig6phz]very[/b:lgig6phz] comfortable, hmmm?" Sanisa asked this, raising a slender brow, and forming a slight smile on her face.

Veraka's face instantly took on a new shade of red at his mother's very pointed statement.

"Oh, that he did, much like I did," came Neriah's voice, as she came walking up to the platinum-dragon scale armored aasimar.
An even deeper hue of red came over Veraka, one that matched the fey'ri's leather armor, which was a very deep hue of crimson to start with.

"Neriah. . . do you have to be so blatant?" the aasimar finally asked as his face slowly reverted back to its silvery hue.

"What? You [b:lgig6phz]know[/b:lgig6phz] you enjoyed it," she said innocently, as she brushed up against his platinum armor, and wrapping her arms around his neck.

Clearing his throat, Veraka looked over to Pwdn and spoke up; "Lady Pwdn; I believe now would probably be the time for you to perform your generous offer."

Aurora by this time, had gotten up and was now sitting by Sanisa, watching Veraka with a very sly smirk on her face.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

((No problem, you were close enough. ^o^))

Pwdn giggled as Veraka asked her to perform the ceremony for them, feigning ignorance of the previous exchange. "Right now, Veraka? Why the sudden hurry?" She drew out the resulting pause until he was about to answer then spoke up again, still full of joy for the two betrothed. "Of course I will, it will be my honour. But you are aware that you're unlikely to find a time after this when you are not subject to your lover's games? You shall have no choice but to become very good at them yourself." This small piece of advice passed on, she waved Neriah over as well. "What kind of ceremony were you hoping for? I can be about as long-winded and preachy or as brief and honest as you like, it's up to personal preference really. Just don't ask me to draw it out [i:t2xeo9uk]too[/i:t2xeo9uk] much or we'll be here for days!"
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Not that, I pray you," Adiam said. "I rather doubt we have enough food for such a long period."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka turned red at Pwdn's comment, knowing exactly what she meant. At that moment, two slender, leather clad arms wrapped around the aasimar's waist.

"And now, you have no choice but to put up with my "games", as Pwdn so aptly put it," came Neriah's voice from behind Veraka.

"Neriah, when have I [b:3vd1mvdi]ever[/b:3vd1mvdi] had a choice when it came to your little "games", hmm? If I recall, you've never let up since day on me with your games."
He turned around and kissed the fey'ri, despite how many were watching.

"And how many more times are you going to fall for my games, hmm?" Neriah asked, her lips curving into a sly smile. She brought a slender hand to her womb; "you've already fallen for my charms once."

Veraka's face went from a smile to a stunned expression, and Neriah burst into a laughter.
"Did you not hear your mother; you are a father now."

"Guess not," said the aasimar with a slight smirk.

[color=indigo:3vd1mvdi]"What kind of ceremony were you hoping for? I can be about as long-winded and preachy or as brief and honest as you like, it's up to personal preference really. Just don't ask me to draw it out too much or we'll be here for days!"[/color:3vd1mvdi]

Neriah looked to Pwdn, and said "Well as preachy as I like my normal marriages to be, and considering that my lover's friend, Adian has mentioned, we have not the time nor resources to spare for a super long ceremony; but something that you would believe to be unique."

Veraka looked to Pwdn; "well, Lady Pwdn, I'll agree with Neriah on this, but please be honest as you will."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

With Tred's promises of high adventure, and mention of a few missed out upon, Millek's sense of the Epic was piqued, the bribe to seperate him from the potent Bacchanelia wine, and its dangerously ( at least to prudent and reserved people) intoxicating qualities, he hands over all but one skin of the wine, keeping one for the road, [color=green:219r1jgq]"Careful yer don't drink it too fast. Too much too fast, and... well, right, yer'd not 'ear me complainin', but wotever 'appens as a result, yer've been warned, and I wereh me 'ands of responsibility for any of it." [/color:219r1jgq]It's fair warning, he thinks, but in truth honestly hopes they ignore his warnings, hopes dwarven pride leads to the first excess and guides his friends and companions into subsequent excesses, for he would much like to see curious Zhetta, loosen up considerably around him, or at least be more vocal with her curiosities and ponders of him.

As for the matter of what manner of ceremony to have, he suggests, [color=green:219r1jgq]"Why not just a proper ole fashioned 'and-fastin', mate? Like them cheerful wee 'alflin' folk do it, then, eh? Gods know, if I were gettin' 'itched, right, I'd only be solemn about it, if Mielikki 'erself, or one of 'er 'andsome Unicorns came ter bless the union themself."[/color:219r1jgq]
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

((Damn ye Vail, how'd you know where I was going with this wedding idea?

Okay, magic time. So to speak. *ahem* >.>;; ))

Pwdn smiled appreciatively at the satyr, unbeknownst to him he was strikingly close in his suggestion to what she had decided for the ceremony. "Well, if you'd please hold hands, and if everyone could gather around with us?" She again held out the rings she'd made and placed one on each hand hand that was linkd together, an orison of pure, comforting light above the three of them causing the shards of gems in the rings as well as Veraka's armour and Neriah's gown to not just shine, but positively glow in what could only be termed an iconic display. Drawing the ribbon from around her wrist, once they'd put on the rings she wound it about their joined hands to bind them and to represent her own holy symbol as well as Veraka's armour represented his own. Neriah she couldn't be certain of having chosen a particular god, but she wasn't a direct servant herself and in the case of not having a patron she was certain that she would have no trouble whatsoever commending her to Sune for this ceremony, Neriah really was a glorious sight.

The place where they stood, where they had struggled together against evil and where Veraka had won Neriah back from the clutches of her sire, was still hallowed ground, and the ceremony seemed to resonate with the air around them and enhance the effect, making almost tangible the aura of sanctity and benevolence that everyone felt. "Veraka and Neriah are to be joined here today in marriage, their love for each other and their commitment to be sanctified by the law of mortals and gods alike so that none may break the bond between them. Among friends, family, and in the name of the heavens they will make their vows to each other and cease to be Veraka and Neriah, the separation of their names will be banished as will the separation of their lives; today we bear witness to the beginning of two halves made whole again. No matter now the time between them, or the distance, neither of them will ever be alone again."

She turned to Neriah, and bowed. "Speak your heart, and make your vow." When Neriah had finished, she turned to Veraka and said the same, then took the unbound hand of each of them and placed it on the bound hand of the other. "May Ilmater bear witness to this love, and may the records of his faithful forever show that from today Veraka and Neria have found themselves in each other, and always be remembered as one heart, and one destiny."

From here she elaborated slightly in her own personal way, something she liked to do in official ceremonies. "Too often people claim that love in the truth of the word is illusory, the harshness of the world casting doubt in their minds and drawing cynicism from their tongues in bitter riposte to indignities suffered. You two are proof of the reality, and on each step of your journey through life you are a beacon of hope to those who want to believe and an insurmountable proof against those who would claim otherwise. As you are a blessing to each other, so you bless those who take strength from your example, and offer your encouragement to anyone who feels the same." She couldn't help but glance at Aidan and Cinder as she said this, their own romance seeming to go from strength to strength. Looking back to Verakah and Neriah, she unwound her ribbon from their hands and left them to wear the rings they each held. "Verakah, Neriah: congratulations." She would continue to encourage them to embrace then, but in all likelihood they would have been well ahead of her in that respect anyway.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((edited. i didnt do a good job as i was in a hurry.))

Zarae had finished with what grooming she could do and just in time. the others had gathered under the flowered trees highlighted with faerie fire. she quickened (her already fast pace) step and made it over there before they began.

Zarae listened intently as the ceremony proceeded, listening to Pwdn's words as she was also pondering them.
before her was two very different races joining together in a sacred union.
her mind wondered over her future and past, reflecting in many a things.
how much different the surface was from her people as a whole. Marriage, an almost foreign concept among the long lived races. and even more so among her people, her family. she remembered her mother, the matron, would take a mate when she felt like it, and would discard him when she grew bored, even sacrificing them to the Spider Queen as high priestess were to do. looking back, since she had only stayed among the rebel house a few years, she could see different things were.
and that strange idea- [i:ip49ewrz]love[/i:ip49ewrz]. she knew of friends and caring for them, even willing to die to protect. but what of love? how little the young rogue knew.
of course such thoughts of love steered her mind in other directions; would she ever find someone one day? was she capable? everyone who had ever gotten close to her had been murdered. so she had remained guarded and closed off for the most part. she knew that she would be walking a solitary path. and she didnt know how she thought about it.

Zarae realized what she was doing and blinked to refocus on the wedding. she glanced around to the others watching their reactions, their outward expressions to what was occurring (say if anyone is crying or what not.)
the ring exchange was most curious to her. she had never seen such.
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian's own experience with marriage rituals was rather limited: Usually lifetime bindings took place among the few shorter-lived races at the Promenade. Such commitments were rare among the drow...though they existed.

The priestesses took consorts, with their relationships lasting from mere months to many decades. Lady Veladorn herself had a consort to whom she was devoted and vise-versa for the entire duration of Adian's life. They preferred to keep things informal. There were three permenantly bound drow couples, and their promise to one another was greatly respected, but none of them had happened within his lifetime.

Because of this, he regarded the event as something quite special and he hoped that Veraka and Neriah would be happy with one another for a long time. They certainly looked it.

The only downside was, as Adian had emphasized to Cinder, that the calling of men such as Veraka and Adian had to take precedence over everything else. When their gods required something of them, they were bound to answer regardless of attatchments.

Eilistraee, he felt, was not the sort to call someone from their loved ones without great cause, but it was still a real possibility that would have to be faced and accepted.

None of that mattered right now. He stood, proud to be witness to Pdwn's words and Veraka's and Neriah's promise to one another.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

As the groupd gathers around the couple, Cinder stood near to Adain as she could and took his arm as she listened to Pwdn's beautiful words. She felt the glow of happieness around the group of freinds and, watched the great love pass between Verake and his beautiful Neriah. The breez sung thow the trees in rejoys, and Cinder thought she saw a tear of joy run down the cheek of the mighty Solor Sanisa. Her arms held Adains arm close, for the first time in her life she was beginning to understand the kind of love shared between a man and women. She looked up at Adain and smiled and then rested her head on his stong shoulder. Feeling pure joy.

(( OOC..I am not sure what the vidieo looks like i have not high speed in the valley so if it is not the best just listen to the song ..I think it my be rite... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B7sH5QLyXY ))