Shores of Dispair (part 5)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The celestial woman accepts Agmasek's courtly mannerisms with a smile; though she's a Solar, she doesn't consider herself among those worthy of such treatment, but accepts it all the same.
Sanisa gazed upon the drow's face, knowing too well what he was hiding beneath the facade, but at the same time, having a genuine appreciation for his desire to change himself from the ways of his kin.

Looking into the drow face with her silver glowing eyes, the solar replied, "I would be more than happy to inquire with the deities that I serve, and the Dark Maiden herself as well. Whoever this mother of yours is, I will search into her fate that is unknown to you. Though I will be hard pressed to find such a person without a name to go off of, but none-the-less, I will consider it among my priorities when I return to Mount Celestia, and consult with the Dark Maiden as to her whereabouts when I'm able to."

Upon his mention of a price, Sanisa found herself at a loss, for no Solar would ask for something in return, but any dragon that heeded their honor oath were with their pride, and as such, the task that was being asked of her was something that Agmasek considered important, even by his oath.
The celestial woman looked into the drow's eyes and said "my requirement for such a task for you is this: for you to continue the path you are on, but to openly oppose that which you have been brought up from; if you see an injustice, correct it, by your power or that of someone you know. Abide by your honor oath, but not just when it suits you, but also when it assists those who you see in need and with no deceit upon them. Do this, and you'll have earned your request from me."

The solar knows that her request is a lifetime one, versus his is a one-time request, however, if Sanisa guesses correctly, then Agmasek would be true to his word, as she would hers.

"I hope this works well with you, Agmasek?" she finished raising her head high, looking into the drow-disguised-shadow dragon as her wings unfurled around her mithral half-plate armor.

"I see I'm not the only one making new friends among this unusual occasion, huh, mother?" Veraka asked with a raised eyebrow, one arm holding his helm, the other wrapped around Neriah, who clung to his side, her face one of love and joy. His platinum dragon scale armor was gleaming with radiance, almost as if it was reflecting the emotions of its wearer.

The solar smiled as she saw her son with his wife; "still making friends with the most devious of females I see, hmm, Veraka?" she retorted with a smirk.

At this, Neriah laughed and chimed in; "oh no, he doesn't just find the most devious of girls, also the most energetic and vivacious of them."

The celestial woman laughed cheerfully, her voice like music to those around.
"Go outside with your 'vivacious' wife, my son and you'll see a new edition to your mounts; and DO try not to something overly obnoxious out there."

Neriah giggled as she pulled the massive aasimar outside the mansion.

Sanisa then turned back to Agmasek and said in a serious tone; "I ask one more thing upon your word; protect these young ones. while they are strong, I fear for all their safety, including my son, his wife, and their unborn child. Swear to me this, upon your word, that you will see to their safety for the duration of this excursion, and you'll have my undying promise that I will look into your missing mother the moment I set foot back on the higher planes." If her tone was anything to miss, Sanisa's eyes blazed with power as she said the words.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

Twisting, turning getting wrapped up in the sheets. A sharp pain in his foot, and a loud yelp. Scar bolts upward and awake in a cold sweat. Vigil is on the floor growling at him and limping a little.

"I'm sorry buddy..." He says softly to the black wolf. "I was having a bad dream."

Scar gets up and stumbles out the door to head out and find where the strangers he met last night.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian looked around and spotted Scar. Another one they had somehow picked up.

[i:1iel8jd1]For near-empty wilderness, this place certainly attracts a lot of vistors.[/i:1iel8jd1]

The young palidin kissed Cinder on the cheek, then watched the newcomer.
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

[quote:1rkvj5na]The celestial woman looked into the drow's eyes and said "my requirement for such a task for you is this: for you to continue the path you are on, but to openly oppose that which you have been brought up from; if you see an injustice, correct it, by your power or that of someone you know. Abide by your honor oath, but not just when it suits you, but also when it assists those who you see in need and with no deceit upon them. Do this, and you'll have earned your request from me." [/quote:1rkvj5na]

[i:1rkvj5na]To this Agmasek gives a slow nod, and a slight chuckle, [/i:1rkvj5na]"For the most part, you ask me to hold the course of behavior that my conscience bids me to follow anyway. I cannot however guarantee any lack of deceit if I am to follow this path with all my power, it is the very nature of illusions, and more so of Shadows, which no matter the brilliance of my aura in your eyes, I am still one of." [i:1rkvj5na]It seems a fair compromise to him, and he watches the young couple with a smile, that hides a bit of envy. Not brought up with the draconic superiority complex, he realizes that while in terms of time many many races seem to him short-lived and young, even Veraka is respectively older, when he views the aasimar's maturity by draconic aging. He can guess he has lived longer, but has neither ever had a mate, nor known an intimate touch upon his scales.[/i:1rkvj5na]

[quote:1rkvj5na]Sanisa then turned back to Agmasek and said in a serious tone; "I ask one more thing upon your word; protect these young ones. while they are strong, I fear for all their safety, including my son, his wife, and their unborn child. Swear to me this, upon your word, that you will see to their safety for the duration of this excursion, and you'll have my undying promise that I will look into your missing mother the moment I set foot back on the higher planes." If her tone was anything to miss, Sanisa's eyes blazed with power as she said the words. [/quote:1rkvj5na]

[i:1rkvj5na]Drawn from his contemplations, he listens to this additional request and answers,[/i:1rkvj5na] "Adian I intend to watch over, no matter the requests of mortal or god. He does not know, I think, how highly I have thought of him, since the day a young and nervous paladin, without his weapon, challenged my sworn word of peace, and did so with commendable courage. Occasionally I think the Dark Maiden erred, and that he should have been my twin brother. As for the others, the one with the statue that drinks more than a dwarf, we'll see, something about those two unsettles me. Your son and daughter however, and all their companions, so long as it doesn't offend my sense of morality, I will look after. I know, you ask this as a mother, and not a Celestial holding me to mt word, and mine would want me to do this for you." [i:1rkvj5na]The implications about Adian, he leaves to her to decide if the Drow Paladin should learn finally, the admiration he had gained that day, and held since. He has been up much of the night, and holding his illusory disguise, and so he heads toward the exit, adding with a reluctantly given yawn,[/i:1rkvj5na] "I beg your pardon now though, I am very tired, and if the road soon awaits, I shall need rest and a full meal."
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" See this ice in my hair " she said to Adain " I hope the sun is warm enough to dry my hair " she kissed him back and went off to pack up Meldrinus.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

the rogue hopped up on her tall mount and turned him twords Adian saddling up his (Raven i think). some of the party had filtered outside, some likely still sleeping.
"we need to get moving soon," she said to Adian, "maybe we should send someone in with a loud voice to get them up. I am thinking about scouting ahead. I could take a few with me and so split up into two groups."
he then could lead the second group and join up, at least that was her idea.

((i dunno if zazzts wants to still ride his, but if not, theres a palimino gelding open for riding. Pwdn hasnt responded in a long while, but she has a white horse someone can ride with her. anyone with their own mount or able to 'make' one is an option. but most likely their will be double riders on a few.))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

OOC Zazzt never rode, with magic and the monk speed, he can match the best of horses.

IC: Zazzt finished his training, and a little sweat glistening on his brow, walked over to where Adian and Zarae were having their discussion. "Oh, I don't think we'll need a loud voice. You forget, I can dismiss that which I created at any time I so choose." He nodded at the horse, "And as for the two groups, since we have another wizard, I volunteer to go with the scouts. I'm much faster than our paladin friend there,and I do have magic, on top of my martial studies." He turned around, and wrapping his worn cloak around him, Zazzt looked in the direction they were going. "Should be a nice stroll in the park, eh?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Fair enough," Adian said. "Though perhaps there might be a warning for the less-prepared. I'll leave it to you."

He petted Raven for a bit, waiting for the group to be ready to go.

"I am sure that a hood or scarf will help," Adian said to Cinder. "And perhaps scouting is a good idea. In case of another ambush: We've been running into more than our fair share."
Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

Scar stumbles around almost like he his drunk holding his head. Vigil is right at his heels wondering what is wrong. He was licking Scar's heel as he took his steps in an attempted to stop him.

"Blah..." Scar Say to Vigil, "I only had a bad dream, and just can't get it out of my head." Vigil just whines back at him. "Yes I know that Vigil thank you. Now, where is everyone?"

Stumble around with his hand on his head didn't let him notice that people where near by, and his lack of trust made it a sticky situation sometimes.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((i figured with such a large group, we could split into two groups, a mix of classes in both.))

"alright, I will take a few of the group. and make haste to the cave." a thought then reminded her, "how do we get this many people into the water?" she asked thinking aloud. but she would have to wait and see.
riding over to the group, "I am taking a few and we are gunna scout ahead."
she thought like 4 would be a nonconspicious group to do the job, and those with some scouting abilities, since she had a wizard.
Zarae looked to Adain, "do you have a spell to keep in contact so I can transmit messages to yall?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder geared up and rode over to Adain and waited with him for the group. She wore her fur head band and sarf for her eyes. it was a sunny day and her eyes were feeling sencitive. " I can hear you Zarae if you need to transmit anything. I will right here beside Adain. " she said.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

He nodded to Cinder and then found himself catching Scar before the half-drow could stumble into him.

"Steady, neighbor," he said. "You're not looking well."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt shrugged, "Well, I have a spell that should allow us to breath water, provided the people can get close enough to me. Apart from that, I have nothing to protect anyone else from the effects of heat or cold. You are on your own there."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"It'll be freezing in the water," Adian pointed out. "And remember we still have a cave to check out first."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the rogue chuckled, "all these, and most have no clue what their getting into," she said as she shook her head.
turning to Cinder, "how do I go about that? my skills in the divine realms, are, lets say rather lacking, to the utter exasperation to my sister as she put it once."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~