Shores of Dispair (part 5)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt chuckled, "Aye. That is true. Unless you are willing to sacrifice another half the day, I can be better prepared for the capriciousness of mother nature, however, I think that these people will not have too much difficulty with the water. After all, you have your armor. Veraka won't be dropped by a herd of minotaurs charging him. And the others... well, if they are adventurers worth the name, they have learned that nature can be a more deadly enemy than a mindflayer archmage bent on conquering the world." He smiled, "As for myself... it would have to be devilishly cold to make a dent in me."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" Direct your thoughts to me and i will here them " Cinder replied to Zarea. " I cannot say if you will hear me, all i can say is keep your mind open. I can try and clear a link. "
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

For the watching druid, high upon his meager little campsite upon mountainside, looking through an eagle's eyes, the gathering of bodies was a curious sight, a human monk, judging by his dress, a collection of dark elves, and one wolf so far. Memories of a journey in Underdark, some years ago, he deduces these must be the 'infamous' Eilistraee followers, spoken so poorly of in Menzoberranzan. Curious was he then, reminded how like-minded their following had been to the views of his idol, a dark elf he was determined to meet someday, if he ever could.

Still, he knew with day coming he could not afford to remain out for long, for if he did not report in on his patrol, others would surely come looking for him. He needed to get down among the trees, a sad look goes back to his resting mate, and he decides to wake her, she'd not like him wandering off into potential danger out of sight, not after the Harpell incident.

Soon enough he was headed down the mountain, maintaining his elven form, and carrying no melee weapons of any kind, but rather only a longbow, and accompanying quiver full of arrows. All fixed with attached vials of holy water in the shaft just behind the heads, a delivery system intended to spread the liquid directly into their intended victims, vampires. If the solitary druid were to be spotted, he makes no attempt to avoid it, nor any attempt to hide his red eyes, an abnormality for a moon elf, though every other feature, to those knowing the difference indicative that's what he is.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

"no, I plan to go on, and the few with me," she said to Zazzt. if this many folks were here in this frozen forest this far north, then what they would deal with might be worse.
moving Moonlight to start, she looked to Cinder, "alright," she said pulling a mithril band off her finger and placing it into a compartment in her bracer. her mind was less protected, but it should allow any message to be read.

she whistled softly for those coming with her ((i dunno who wants to head off now, so first 5 with transportation means who leave with me are going scouting, then the others party members will catch up coming with Adian)) and Moonlight began trotting thru the snow, directly northward, the sun to their right and reflecting off the thick snow; enough that she had to pull her cowl low over her eyes. looking back she saw the elf going to join the camp, but she and the group had already pulled out.
Moonlight picked up speed, now in a canter. she would have been faster had the thick soft snow been more easy to navigate.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt saw Zarae take off, and waving at his friends, turned, and activating the permanent spell of flight on his person, jumped into the air, and rose into the air, and sped off after her, wind whipping his cloak. He caught up to Zarae, and then slowed down to match speeds with her. Using his arcane sight, Zazzt was able to trace the link forged Cinder's link, and used that to direct the energies of a mental link spell, that allowed him to mentally speak with Zarae and Cinder, though he kept the connection dormant for the moment. He scanned the ground around them, and saw a lone elf that had a bow, but no other weapons apart from that, and so, Zazzt paid him little attention, since a lone anything wouldn't be much of a threat to a group of their size.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Just be very careful!" Adian called after them. "The journal warned of a 'light that could kill by sight!' If you think you're about to get into something bad, back off. I don't want to find you dead!"
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder opened her sences and listend to the sounds of the forest
" It is strange a sky with out birds. " she said to Adain. " There is a lone elf out there not much of a threat but curious. "
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Sanisa bowed respectively to Agmasek, knowing that her request had been taken to heart.
"Do as you need, Agmasek; I too, am needed elsewhere," with that the solar turned on her heel and made her way outside as the two parted.

Veraka and Neriah made their way outside Zazzt's mansion, only to find a huge pure black, armored stallion staring at them from a distance. Veraka locked eyes with the stallion, and almost immediately, the horse came trotting over to him. The stallion was big by any standards, but it was the depth at which the horse looked into the aasimar's eyes that made Veraka a little unsure of the stallion.

"He's beautiful," Neriah said with admiration, taking a step forward herself, and bringing a slim hand up to the black stallions head. The horse didn't budge, rather, he let the fey'ri run her hand across his soft mane. She then stopped, looking like she was contemplating something.
"Wait a minute, I don't remember us having a horse like this one."

"That's because you didn't," came an all to familiar voice from behind the two. Sanisa made her way over to her son and daughter-in-law, her mithral half-plate armor glistening in the mourning sun.
"His name is Blaze and he's all yours, my son," she said looking to Veraka. The mighty warrior looked inquisitively at his mother.

"What do you mean, 'all mine'?" he asks out of sheer curiosity.

"I mean, my son, that Blaze is your horse for your being a paladin. He is now your loyal steed and ally in battle and friend and companion on travel, as is Aurora," the solar replied calmly to her son.

Veraka looked shocked at the reply, but soon shook himself clear of the expression. Blaze looked the aasimar straight in the eye and neighed slightly, shaking his armored black head, his mane shaking itself free to fall around his thick armored neck. Veraka was starting to sense that the horse had almost chosen him.
"Mother, why is Blaze so calm around me?" he asked Sanisa in an honestly curious tone.

"Because, he senses that you've blood of the higher planes flowing through your veins, as does he himself. Blaze is the descendant of a celestial war charger himself, so he can sense other beings or descendants of beings from the higher planes," the celestial woman continued on to her son.
"But, before you and your beloved go off to have more adventures of your own, I do have a few things I would like to give you," Sanisa continued, making her way over to Blaze and withdrawing a few items of interesting length from the stallions flexible leather saddle.

She first went to Neriah and drew out the shortsword that she intended to give the young woman.
"Neriah, you carry within you, a wonderful child, and my grandchild, nonetheless," the solar said in calm, caring voice with a smile.
"I know that you, and my son, will do everything to protect this young unborn child, so as such, I feel compelled to give this weapon. Use it when you need to, but know that it will protect you when you need it to. I've enchanted it myself to assist you when you need to or you're grievously injured." With that said, Sanisa gave the weapon over to the fey'ri, who could barely reach out to accept it, she was overwhelmed.
Not many people in her life had ever given a gift to her, not without it coming with some sort of attachment or cost on her part.
Neriah accepted the blade with a little encouragement from Veraka; as her hand grasped the hilt, she felt a soothing type of energy flow through her.
The blade was the white of the purest snow, the hilt was in the shape of upturned angel wings; as she picked up the blade, a sense of peace and belonging passed through her. The blade was Neriah's and as she was it's wielder. It would protect her as as she would use it to vanquish the evil that threatened her and her unborn child.

The fey'ri looked at Sanisa, and suddenly lept forward and gave the solar a very tight hug; Sanisa was anticipating such a reaction and gently wrapped her arms around Neriah and returned the hug with equal affection.

Veraka smiled at the display, knowing what he did of his wife's past. Sanisa released Neriah from the embrace and looked over to her son.
"Veraka, this is something I believe will serve you well," she told him as she unwrapped Aphyon'arisa, the greatsword that belonged to Veraka's father.
"This weapon belonged to your father, as this cloak did as well," Sanisa explained to Veraka as she extended the weapon to her son, holding back a tear of sorrow as she did.

The aasimar grasped the hilt of the weapon and hoisted it up in front of his face. The greatsword thrummed with the power of a super-cell as it was grasped by the aasimar. Sanisa nodded in approve as Aphyon'arisa reacted to the bloodline that Veraka possessed that was passed down from his father. The aasimar looked to his mother as she handed him the cloak that she was talking about. Putting the cloak around his back, Veraka felt something within the fabric start to energize.

"Mother, what is this cloak?"

"It belonged to your father as did that sword, Aphyon'arisa; both times gave him significant boosts in some areas that he considered essentially to staying alive on Toril, and across the planes."
Veraka gave one last look at the cloak that came down to about his knees and turned to his mother, "not that I'm ungrateful, far from it; though is this a proper way to do battle. You above all should know how I fight and that anything that gets in my way or decreases my mobility in any way is a threat to myself."

Sanisa actually chuckled as the cloak shrunk up to a more combat-suitable size.
"It adapts itself the wearer's situation and shrinks or lengthens accordingly; call it a 'protective' attribute I gave it for your father."

Veraka had to say that all this from his mother, he was almost as overwhelmed as Neriah was.

Suddenly, Sanisa got a facial expression of surprise; "oh, I almost forgot. Both of you hand me those necklaces of yours'," she said to her son and Neriah.
Both of them did as asked. The celestial woman then held both neck pieces in the palms of her hands as they glowed with divine energy. After a brief moment, Sanisa handed the necklaces back to both Veraka and Neriah.

"Now you both will be able to sense each others presence over an infinite distance, as well as whether or not each other are in danger. Should either of you be within the immediate proximity of each other and one of you is grievously wounded, the other will be able to heal the wounds moderately to the point of almost enduring the injury themselves."

Veraka smiled at this, though Neriah looked genuinely happy as well.
"Thank you, mother," Veraka said in a loving tone to Sanisa. She nodded her head, her silver hair waving in the process.
"Now, I believe you have a cave of sorts to go to and finish up this little adventure that you've gotten yourself into, so go," she said, shooing the two of them off.

Veraka and Neriah made their way over to Adian, as Blaze, flanked by Aurora, followed the two.
"So, Adian, you going to take on the role of this groups esteemed leader?" Veraka jested toward the paladin, all in good nature, though.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"I have attempted to do so," Adian said, seeming to completely miss the jest. "Though it has sometimes felt that my position in that role is more of an indulgence on the part of the rest."

He looked around at the substantially grown crowd of adventurers and eccentrics.

"The sheer number of people who have joined us, however temporarily, is extraordinary," he added. "I cannot help but feel as though the gods are taking some sort of hand in all this...though whether to help or as a mere prank it us hard to say."

He mounted Raven at last and then bowed to Sanisa.

"Your help has been greater than any possible expectations," he said. "Thank you, my lady, for your gifts...material and immaterial. Will you be continuing with us, or is this a temporary farewell?"
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder bowed her head toward Verake's mother " It was an hounor to meet you my lady Sanisa I do hope that we have the pleasure of your company once again." she smiled at Verake " what a great mount you have there Verake, I am glade you will have to ride with us." Her attentin flowed back to the forest .
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((there still some folks that aint posted in a while, so they might wanna decide how they plan to travel...b/c suddenly appearing at the cave aint gunna make sense. someone take Argo so Pyoro doesnt attack us when/if we actually make it back.
and for those unaware, we will be going underwater, tho a debriefing of all new folks will have to happen, have to find a way to enter w/o freezing and be able to breath underwater.))

they made good time, moving swiftly thru the snow. with Zazzt over head he had a good view of the surroundings and this able to warn of any dangers. the terrain grew more rocky, Moonlights hoofs clanking on the rocks. He slowed his pace as she pulled out a map that Pyoro gave them. evergreens thinned out somewhat in some areas while there were thick portions that would barely allow passage of something as large as a horse. the priest marked a general area and from her guess they were nearing and would likely find it within the next hour.
the passed an unusual tree that caused her mount to slow and hesitate. on the tree was a sigil ward. the trunk diameter was the diamater of a large feast table. the tree was bare and leafless, but the tree seamed to not be in hibernation.
she looked up to the wizard and signed to him to come and check it out.

((no more than 10 post and then a new thread))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Sanisa looked to Adian and responded; "Always to pleasure and privilege to assist those both in need and deserving of it. I came to do what I could to help you all, where in fact I find myself now in both the position of being a grandmother and guardian. I do hope that my gifts do everyone some good, especially you, Paladin of the Dark Maiden. As to your second question," she turned and let out a sharp, musical whistle. From deep within the forest, a horse, whiter than most, and fully armored, came trotting out.

A celestial charger of great power, the horse came up right to Sanisa, whom immediately, slung herself up and onto the mighty steed. "I believe I wouldn't be worthy of being Veraka's mother if I didn't see him and all of his friends to their destination unharmed."

"Oh and Cinderanna; thank you. Your words are greatly cherished."

Veraka looked to Cinder, then to Blaze again, still dumbfounded at the mighty war charger. However, the aasimar shook off his stunned look and mounted Blaze, the horse not moving an inch as the colossal warrior climbed up and onto his back. Veraka with Blaze looked truly inspiring, as both Sanisa's and Nierah's expressions foretold. The aasimar's platinum armor glowed radiance against the black mane of Blaze.

Veraka then reached down toward Neriah, extending his hand toward her.
"My lady," he said curtly with a smile; giggling, Neriah took her husbands glove, and was hoisted onto Blaze's saddle, in front of Veraka.

Aurora looked up at Veraka and Neriah, and said [i:3jpgakby]I feel small now.[/i:3jpgakby]
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian grinned.

"Jealous, Aurora?" he asked. "Perhaps you should be. The mount of a paladin is closely bonded to them. If he starts to neglect you, however, you can always bite him."
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" My lady Sanisa I am sure that we are all glad to know that you will be with us on our journy." Cinder said. " There could be great danger awaiting us, you presants I am sure will be a great aid this being the case. "
Cinder looked at Adain to see the violet lights around him had intencified, the crystals on his armor were almost blinding as the mystrious lights moved throw them.
She had shared that light with him and her sences were growing reseptive to them.
" Are we ready to go Adain " she asked softly somewhat intranced.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Just waiting on the others," he said, reaching over and squeezing her hand.

He was unable to see the lights she was so enraptured by, so he was naturally wondering why she was looking at him with such intense...what was it? Admiration? Was that the right word? Last night had been amazing but...

"Is there something on my face?" he asked.