Shores of Dispair (part 5)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((OOC: Well, I know that this RP is getting some attention, but it's founder did specifically say that anyone who wishes to join could do so))

Neriah gave Zarae a rather odd look, then laughed a bit; "My dear drow, if I was with whatever bounty hunters you're referring to, would I honestly be standing here with that big aasimar everyone seems to know, preparing to marry him for the remainder of my mortal life?" She winked at Zarae at this.

"Yes, I am Veraka's fiance, well lover-turned-fiance, and yes I am his bride to be. I am Neriah Dlardrageth of Cormanthor, and I am happy to meet your acquaintance, Zarae."
Last edited by veraka on Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zhetta
Maid
Maid

Post by Zhetta »

asking Nariah if there are any preparations that she would have me do for her on this fine day.........her special day
Zhetta
Maid
Maid

Post by Zhetta »

Adian has yet to put on his new suit of armour........I guess he is waiting until the wedding is over as not to steal any of the limelight from this wedding day...........after the wedding I am sure we will be breaking camp and moving out towards the caves........now with two fine men and women, all with their own special gifts.......this move will come fast enough
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The fey'ri turned to regard Zhetta, then said "You've done much already, Zhetta," she indicated the finely crafted dress; "but if you're willing, I would appreciate something that I could use to carry . . . let's say. . . . a young one in a blanket that keeps them warm and safe while they would travel with their mother."
She said this with a very slight smile on her face.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zhetta
Maid
Maid

Post by Zhetta »

Zhetta is now busying herself with weaving a blanket for the baby to be..............
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae continuing the jesting, "true, tho at times I question his judgment..." a pause on purpose, "so watch it."
the name of cormanthor tho brung a few memories. Zarae had been thru there once or twice. even met a crazy friend.
"tho I am not as familier with it, I have been there, among both the followers of the Dark Maiden and surprisingly tho secretly among the Masked Lord's. oh. what was the name of the house? anyway. yes it is good to see that the big guy has met someone."
the rogue walked over to the camp twords the quiet folks when she over heard Neriah about a cradle board(?).
that Zarae didnt expect.

(im not sure, but elf gestation i think is around two yrs. so i think the fey'ri has some time....tho who to feel sorry for?)
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"I'll help as best I can," Adian said. "But you're going to have to teach me how to tell a ripe plum from one that is not. I don't know much about surface plants."
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder showed him a ripe plum and ones that were not, the basket was fill and they walked back to the fire together. Cinder fill the pot by the fire with the plums they picked and added the rest of the wine that was left. " Thank you Adain, I can't wait to see you in your new armor."
She was a bit tired so she sat by the fire to get warm and took the clip from her hair and begain to brush her hair.
Zhetta
Maid
Maid

Post by Zhetta »

those plums cooking smell very good..............are you going to make wine for the celebration? I would love some if it is near ready.....
Zhetta
Maid
Maid

Post by Zhetta »

Cinderanna passes out the plum wine...................Zhetta takes a sip and gives Cinderanna the thumbs up for a brew well made.........this plum wine tastes great, and being warm, the armoma fills the air with its intoxicating fragrance.............
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" Thanks " Zhetta Cinder replied " it will be better when it cooks just a wile more and i will have to strain the pits and peelings out. but a little tast won't hurt we have lots now, she winked at Adain. " She said as she finished brushing her hair. " would you like me to brush your hair for you Zarae? you have been on a long journy and it might feel good, come and sit down by the fire beside me " she asked. " we have missed you, I am sure you have lots to tell and it is nice to see you up and around feeling better. "

(( OOC i will be going to spend some time at my parents in a few days hope i don't miss the wedding there is not a computer there but i might be able to drop in the library ))
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

Where there is wilderness, there are often fey, and where the aromas of wine are to be found among them, occasionally it cannot help but draw the most hedonistic of these enchanting creatures. With the imbibing of wine, it probably did not help the situation any, or perhaps at all, when upon the wind came a distant tune, a tune growing closer, clearer, and carrying upon the piping flute notes, a magic all its own, grabbing at everyone who hears it, and attempting to send them fast asleep.

The source? It takes some time in appearing, though for when it does, a wolf-pelt cloak surrounds the figure of a man, with a bit of spring in his step, accompanying the tune played upon reed-pipe flute. But then it occurs to any who have managed to resist the charms of the fey magic, this 'man' his hair is russet red, and a pair of thick, spiraled goat-like horns branch out from the brow of his head. His eyes? A vibrant verdant green, complimented by a green winding tattoo of vines and leaves along the cheeks of his tanned face. And his step, muffled under the concealment of a snug-drawn cloak, it carries a distinct click to it when falling upon rock.

This man is not a man at all, and his green-eyed gaze meets Zhetta's readily, expecting a druid to resist these tricks. Within those green eyes though, there is only the mischievous spirit that lurks in all fey creatures, and no true malice. The first wiff of wine though, and the melody ends, the surprisingly very mundane flute, drops from his lips, and he inquires, [color=green:17wajubh]"I say, right, is that wine yor brewin', then, mate? Not much a proper neighborly sort, right, to be makin' wine out in the wild, and not offerin' ter share the bounties of the land wiv we fey. Mielliki be praised I found yer before the dryads could. They're a rabbit and porkative bunch, gossip travels fast, right, and 'ere yor pickin' fings off of trees, probably wivout a please and thank yer ter the trees, right, I bet."[/color:17wajubh]
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" I thanked the tree i will have you know " Cinder said indignately and sang it a song as well, any tree knows my heart not that i have to explain myself to you friend."
" You may have a small tast i am not finished making it as a matter of fact i think i will strain it now " she dipped in a cup filling it she handed it to the new comer. She went to her pack to get a piece of silk to strain the pits.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian turned at the first sound of the pipes, wondering which of the group had started to play. It took him a moment to remember that he had not seen a single instrument among them in the entire journey.

As the song came closer its insistent call for sleep nagged at him, but his elven blood was too strong for such a lure. Instead he faced the source of the music, his violet eyes narrowed...then they widened at the sight of the strange creature emerging form the woods.

Horns? Another demon?

No...he did not have the sense of supernatural evil that the other beasts had. He stared at it is it approached, torn between the reflex to touch his hand to his sword and his instinct that this was not a malicious threat.

Cinder's casual response to the being made him relax a bit...she had been right about the various people they had met out here. Nevertheless the intruder's appearance having been heralding by a magical tune designed for sleep did not bode well either.

"I had thought these woods to be uninhabited wilderness, neighbor," he said, still a bit wary. "Who are you...and what is a 'dryad'?"
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder senced Adains apprehention and moved to his side
" i can't be sure Adain " she spoke so only he could hear. " who can say what wanders this hauted forest. He could be another destoned to follow this enchanted journy we find ourselves, it is hard to say really, I will keep a very close eye untile we are convinced how ever "

She spoke now to the druid
" We have no need for sleep so i will thank you to change your tune, however we are preparing for a wedding so if you have something appropiate for the occation that would be wellcome. But i suggest you be very careful friend or you may find yourself in deep trouble. "
Last edited by CinderSuru on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.