Shores of Dispair (part 5)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

Reluctantly Scar follows the female Drow elf. He kept a good five feet from Her and Vigil stayed at the side of his heels. The female Drow stopped in front of a door.

"This is your room." She said pointing to the door. "Do you need anything else, possibly some company for the night?" She winked at him.

Scar kept his distance and just shook his head no.

She sighed, "Such a shame." and she turned around and walked off.

Scar scuttled to the door, and opened it. As soon as the door was open Vigil sprinted and jump onto the bed. He started rolling around and growling.

"Much better then Big Red." He yipped as he continued to roll.

Scar couldn't help but chuckle at his furry black friend. He shut and locked the door, and made his way to the bed. Scar pushed Vigil off to the other side of the bed and laid down. As soon as his head hit the pillow he found himself drifting off into the dream realm.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Ok NOW fade to black next day))

Sanisa raised her eyes up to the floor that Neriah had dragged Veraka to and shook her head at their little childish antics.
"Keeping each other up all night, and just for Neriah persuading Veraka into it."

The celestial finished her thought to herself, shaking her head with a slight smile. She knew her son to be strong willed, but he still had much to learn about being married to one such as Neriah. The fey'ri was a drow in all but physical appearance, except that she had the persona of one of the Dark Dancers. It was this reason why Sanisa approved of her son being with Neriah, for the young woman possessed several traits that made her one of a very unique nature.

Veraka awoke within his bed with Neriah curled up next to him, within his arm's gentle, but protective grasp. He saw his platinum dragon scale armor stacked neatly off to the side, and vividly recalled the events of last night. Shaking his head, the aasimar had really been in for the ride of his life last night, with how fiery and passionate the fey'ri snuggled up next to him was. Not giving a damn about time, he let himself slowly fall back into sleeps embrace.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin watched as one-by-one others being going to bed. He sat alone, Grisnaw having found a nice place on the rafters to sleep off his night of drinking, drinking a final glass of fine elven wine. As soon as his brother bade him goodnight as well, did he finally decide that it might indeed be time to sleep.

He finished off the last of the wine. He knew he had enough liquor in him to prevent the dreams that have haunted him for a while now. The last thing he wanted to remember were the innocents he had to kill while after a target. Some people deserved to be killed, he thought, most didn't.

Drakin got up and walked, without stumbling to his room. Where, upon entering he collapsed on the bed and was asleep within minutes. He didn't even bother to take off his clothes or weapons.

(fade to black)
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

When Adian emerged from the baths, post-breakfast, he was looking very satisfied and had a bit more spring in his step. He was a bit tired, but he felt energized like never before and more than capable of taking on the day. With Cinder's assistance, his new armor was in place, and his weapon secure in its sheath on his back.

[i:1iykhafg]Only a day away,[/i:1iykhafg] if that, he thought. [i:1iykhafg]Then maybe we'll finally get some answers about what's in Teardrop Lake.

Provided we don't run into something [b:1iykhafg]else [/b:1iykhafg]insanely absurd...[/i:1iykhafg]

He settled down in the main room where he could see the remains of the party the night before. Who would have imagined a wedding and celebration out in the middle of the frozen forest?
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder dressed in her white leather pants, sweaters and boots with her dargers. She brushed her hair and followed Adain to have breakfast. The drow house maidens were laying out fine foods on a table and tiding up from the night before. Cinder chose a peice of dark bread and bacon with a bowl of fruit and sat at another table beside Adain.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt walked into the room soon after Adon. He greeted his friend warmly, and with a wave of his hand, the large table from the other night was once agin filled with various foods, though nowhere near as rich as the previous night's feast. Zazzt, however, didn't pay much attention to the food, simply grabbed a steaming mug of a stange herbal mixture, and wearing only his customary threadbare clothing, stepped out into the winter's bite. He set the mug of tea in the snow, and taking a deep breath, crouched into his fighting stance, repeating his morning ritual of studying spells, and keeping physically fit.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Zazzt...once again, thank you. Er...are you sure you won't eat? You look rather stretched thin, if you don't mind my saying so."
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder finished her breakfast " I am going to see to Meldrinus " she said squezzing Adains Hand. " I think i will see what arrows are left to collect as well." She excused her self and went out to find Meldrinus who was at the plum tree having his own breakfast. She scratched him playfully and leaped onto his back too find her arrows.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((ok, now we can get moving...yay!))

the rogue finished her bath and made her way to an empty room to rest. waking early she got dressed (re-equipped, brush, ect) and went to breakfast. a few were stirring and moving about. grapping some fruit she walked outside to the fresh air. whistling, Moonlight came trotting out of the trees with the other mounts. bitting into the apple, his nose sniffed wanting a bite. she playfully push his large muzzle away which only made him more eager. finally she gave in and fed him the rest. rubbing his neck she pulled off his blanket and folded it into her pack. she pulled out some oats and feed him some. then she went to the others and began feeding them some oats also. of course they got a little pushy, Argo nipping at one.
"easy, now, there's pleny here."
she also scratched each behind the ears. the snow was piled up but nothing was falling. the sky was clear, and would make a bitter cold day. but they hadnt far to go. in fact they should be close to the lake as it was.
she wondered if she should go scout it out while people awoke and got prepared to go...
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian went to check on his own mount and spent his time brushing her down and preparing her pack and saddle. From here they only had a hop, skip, and jump to the "secondary lab" cave. Then they might be able to confront the threat in Teardrop Lake. Hopefully.

Remembering the previous night, he almost put his saddle on his mount backwards. He corrected the mistake immediately and made an extra inventory of his equipment.

[i:j7fobyy2]Almost there...[/i:j7fobyy2]
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

((Here begins my re-entry using Tristian. Until Zhetta returns, I'm thinking she and Millek either ran off somewhere together, and will be returning sometime later, or perhaps not, we'll see.))

Another long night on patrol of his appointed region, past and done/ At least not alone, for he had come with his dearest friend, truest companion, and by her feral reasoning, life-mate, and the whole of their evening out had been uneventful. Some of his clan, not sharing his preference for the outdoors, would likely grumble their disappointments had there been no sightings of their usual quarry. No fun in the hunt and re-slaying of wretched undead. For Tristian, it was just as well, there he was with his as yet, unnamed companion. They did not need for names between each other, 'mate' and 'lover' were the only identifiers that mattered between the two of them. With their patrol done, they'd settled on a higher ledge among nearby mountains, a natural alcove in the mountainside, but not a true cave, offering relief from cool winds, they settled for a night of sharing warmth, snuggling, perhaps a bit of love-making. For aware was the unnamed companion, that her druid mate, experienced such incredible elation from their couplings, as she experienced portions of it herself through their link. With the grim business their patrols were aimed at, why would she not want him to feel good?

<An uneventful early morning, Tristian rested enough through his meditation after his mate had fallen asleep, passes>

With the first rays of sunlight reaching out to greet Tristian from his high up vantage point, the great werebat reverts to his elven form, and from a small bag usually fastened on his companion's back, he retrieves and dons woolen shirt and pant, overlapped by leather armor, of dark earthy colors, followed up by a reversible cloak, one side, white with splotches of gray here and there, and the other side, a smattering of various greens, meant for forest environments. Today it would by white-side-out. Dressed, he steps out to the edge of their landing. Smiling he welcomes the warm sun upon his face, a reminder that though his food supply is not much different from his prey's, he was not one of them.

Just barely, in those early hours, does he spy the movements of Zazzt as he appears outside, seemingly from nowhere. Not about to rouse his still-resting beloved, he brings to his call one of the locals of the mountain heights, and sends down into the lands below a golden eagle,to spy on the human and his activities. Seeing through those eyes, not dizzying him, he is afforded the view of those keen eyes and watching Zazzt closely. This human, whatever might be discovered, was at least no vampire, and at most one of many his family secretly protects from the spread of that scourge.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

Having stayed the night, and many of his hoped for business left incomplete, but dismissed in light of more adventurous events springing up around his visit, he dismissed each in turn, taking no offense, but then came the night, and not getting much proper sleep, he still had his illusion to keep up around himself.

Now Agmasek, seeing the celestial woman, at once felt the dread creep up his spine, knowing the enmity between these creatures as his -true- species. Still, he approaches her, hoping for the best. He held no doubts she could see him for what he was, an adult Shadow Dragon. Still he moved in, wearing an expression that would make little sense to someone unaware of his illusory facade, but relays a pleading request to be calm, and silent of his identity. He offers his hand to her, just being friendly, "Pardon me, madam. I pray I am not a troublesome presence. Perhaps though, you can help a twice-orphaned mage to find his second mother?:
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Sanisa, though would've preferred to slumber like her son and newly wedded wife, had decided to take the other course and keep watch on her son's company all through the night, occasionally going over to pet Aurora during the night and then for the remainder of the night.

It was the odd mage that Adian seemed to know who came over to her that caught her attention, her celestial abilities noticing something intriguing about him. She greets him with a warm smile, knowing full well what he is, not caring about that at the moment. Sanisa, much like her son, was very fair in her treatment to others, only invoking her wrath and abilities if absolutely necessary.

She takes the young mages hand and replies "think nothing of it, my young friend; now what might a servant of the heavens do for you in helping you find your second mother?"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder found a few of her arrows wiped them off as best she could and headed back to the camp. She stopped to watch Adain fumbling with his saddle, she dismounted and quitetly came up behind him and wispered something in his ear.
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

[i:553vo03y]Gladdened was he, to see he would not be judged for his blood alone, knowing well the tendency toward evil his particular type of dragon was predisposed to as inhabitants of the Shadow Plane. Ever, it has been a burden and more than once has he had to either hide it, or prove the uncommon goodness in his heart. Sanisa's welcome response brings a warm smile to his drow-looking face, and though accepting the hand-shake, shows himself educated in courtly manners, shifting the shake to lifting her hand and dipping into a not-too-deep bow, to place a delicate kiss upon it. Clearly this 'second mother' did a fine job of raising the dragon within that facade.

To her question though he ultimately finds he must shrug,[/i:553vo03y] "In all honesty, I am not sure what [b:553vo03y]can[/b:553vo03y] be done. I have however exhausted all other means at my disposal without asking the help of others. Perhaps those in association with goodly gods, I am hoping may have insights that I could not. She found me, you see, when I was very young, raised me as her own, in secret, and when I had begun into my juvenile years, keeping me a secret grew increasingly difficult, and I was sent away that I might learn the rest of the life lessons I would need to survive on my own. When I had achieved just that, I returned to search for her, show her how I'd lived up to her hopes, and thought perhaps to rescue her from that horrid city. That city, it was Erelhei Cinlu, and mother was a priestess of Eilistraee. True, such is not often welcome in Lolthite cities, but so long as they did not interfere in Lolthite affairs, and paid a tax to the house ruling that section of the city, they were allowed to operate. I... never did learn her name, but surely the goddess would have taken note, of one who could reform a child with my heritage. Might that you could, sometime put forth an inquiry to her fate with beings higher than I? If there is a price, so long as I feel it reasonable, I will pay it, on my word."

[i:553vo03y]Words chosen with care, to not reveal more than he wanted known to anyone not the wiser of his identity, Agmasek finds himself confident that his youth at adoption implied as an unhatched egg, his lessons of life as growing into a mature and capable dragon, the reform of his heritage as the offspring of evil outsiders, and lastly, his given word, not as the false drow identity, but as a dragon's honor oath, which he is bound by unwritten but (mostly) unanimously accepted as divine draconic law, to fulfill.[/i:553vo03y]