Shores of Dispair (part 5)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((OOC:Rolfmao :lol: HHHAAHHAHA! this is too rich; First off, Elliath, if this is the same PC that's hunting Neriah in Vale, Uhhohhhhohoh, this is gonna get great. Second, Ra'Sona, don't forget about V's mother, she's just away at the moment, prepping Lyon's 'gift'.))

One thing that Veraka didn’t notice was that his mother had stealthily slipped off to grab the gifts she wanted to give her son and her new daughter-in-law. The solar knew that Neriah was already carrying her grandchild within her womb, so a potent weapon with a strong protective power for the fey’ri was on the celestial’s list.

After a moment of searching through her memories, she recovered the one memory she wanted: where she had placed her dead husband’s powerful weapon. It seemed fitting to her that her son should be the one to carry the mighty sword of his father.
Shaped like a serrated thunderhead, the blade of Aphyon'arisa was both magnificent and deadly, a weapon made for one purpose: to utterly destroy the enemy that stood before it’s wielder, with it’s mighty Thundering ability and being a blessed weapon, Sanisa knew that her dead husband’s sword would indeed serve Veraka well.

((pic: [url=http://vnmedia.ign.com/nwvault.ign.com/ ... g:3bkqgo4n]Aphyon'arisa[/url:3bkqgo4n] ))

She also wanted to get the sword that Veraka’s deity had arranged for him to have, but she wanted to give it to Lyon, for the young paladin had defeated one of her son’s most hated enemies in single combat. So, Sanisa felt it fitting, since she was giving her son his father’s weapon, that Lyon should receive the one that was meant for Veraka. However, she needed to ask her son for his approval for this, as the weapon was made for only one person and that person had to accept the blade for it to accept them.

Next, she proceeded to open up a portal to the heavens; the celestial then blew a light, musical whistle into the portal and then out into the woods.

From the portal came a white, brilliant light, which shimmered and glowed, then faded.

The portal closed and Sanisa waited for a good five minutes; soon enough, she heard the soft, but distinctive foot-falls of a horse. Out of the dark woods came a huge black, armored stallion with a few items wrapped onto its back, three of which were swords, though each differing in size.

Sanisa unraveled the items and slung them over her shoulder. Looking at the armored stallion, Sanisa nodded her head approvingly at him; “you will be perfect to fight alongside my son in his struggles,” she said, raising a slender hand towards the war charger. The stallion neighed lightly, and then snorted, lowering his head to allow her to stroke his thick, black mane. The war charger was of the celestial decent; this Sanisa knew just by looking at him. This stallion was the descendant of a celestial war charger, and thus possessed many traits akin to his parent. Standing easily six feet at the shoulder, he was truly a sight to behold. Black as the darkest obsidian, yet possessing the grace of a Pegasus, the stallion was one of the most beautiful animals Sanisa had ever laid eyes upon.

[url=http://www.22gee.org/pc/wallpapers/Anim ... g:3bkqgo4n]Blaze ((Veraka's warcharger stallion))[/url:3bkqgo4n]

“You, Blaze, will you assist my son?” she asked the war charger, stroking his mane with her hand.

The stallion looked the solar in the eye, his gaze saying more than any action could.

“Good; my son needs a loyal and determined steed and you seem to fit that description aptly,” the solar replied as she stroked the stallion’s great black mane.

“Now we need you some good defenses if you’re to fight beside my son; I think I know just the set.”

Sanisa stepped back and began to sing in her musical voice, calling upon the heavens to enchant the stallion’s heavy grey armor. Soon the armor shimmered a little despite its gunmetal grey hue.
[url=http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs50/i/2009/ ... g:3bkqgo4n]Armor idea for Blaze[/url:3bkqgo4n]

“There; now I believe you are fit for frontline duty. Come, I have yet to introduce you to my son, Blaze,” the solar waved a hand toward the stallion as she turned around and started back toward the camp.

The war charger let out a neigh of agreement, then proceeded to follow the celestial woman. Sanisa lead Blaze back to the camp on the same path that she had come along on. When she returned to the camp, she noticed a strange fellow sneaking up on (?) ((Don’t know who it is, so . . .)).

Drawing her +5 greatsword, Veraka’s mother shouted at the newcomer, intent on frightening him; “Who are you and what be your purpose here?!!” Her voice seemed to fill the forest as it boomed with command and power, as she narrowed her golden eyes at the unknown visitor.

Veraka heard his mother’s voice, but not in the shouting, commanding manner that resounded now; drawing Marala Vharc, raising his shield and getting up from his position, the aasimar whirled to confront whoever it was his mother was shouting at.

Neriah had also heard Sanisa’s voice; but had sensed the intruder, despite the party and festival going on. She too had gotten up to see the newcomer and had drawn her sais at the same time. Her burning crimson eyes narrowed at the newcomer as she had seen his face before. ((I’m going on the fact that she was targeted in Vale of Shadows))

Aurora, all too aware of the newcomer by the time Sanisa had issued her command, had taken up a flanking position, and was gonna unleash her nasty frost breath if this unknown arrival proved hostile in any way towards her little aasimar brother or his wife.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

Eliath is lawful evil, but he has a ring that makes him immune to attemps to detect alignment or read thoughts. :D. The unholy khopesh, however, has no protections. And he is sneaking up behind veraka, since he was the only armored paladin that posted in a while, I kinda assumed he was the only one. Also, I thought PC's didn't carry over from other threads, otherwise laws of time and space are broken (Can't be in two places at the same time, and all that) which is why I'm only using one character...

At the sight of the solar, Eliath's jaw dropped. He knew that his greatest asset of stealth was oh so inconveniently taken from him. And also he knew, from previous experience, that his hat didn't affect solars, so he decided to drop the illusion and not even bothering to hide his frustration, he clenched his jaw, cursing every single god he could think of. He realized that the group's numbers were even greater than he imagined, and any hopes of fighting them would only end in his death. Eliath raised his hands, "I only came to borrow some food, and use your numbers as protection." He glanced at Neriah, and saw the anger in her eyes, "Calm yourself, it was only a contract. One that was resolved. I rarely kill a person out of contract, so you needn't fear my blades in your back any longer."
Death is an inevitable process of this world. The lords and heroes of this realm kill just as much as I. I simply profit from death, and so they call me evil.

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

The flames of the fire suddenly blazed brighter, and climbed to reach a height of nearly 6 feet. The color also changed, where there was a red, now they burned a bright green, and a two points of red light shone through the green blaze. A figure formed in the flame, and Zazzt stepped out onto the snowy grass. His twin swords hung at his hips, and everything about him seemed unchanged, but his hair was a bit longer, and it seemed that he might have aged slightly. He shook his head to clear it, his gaze settled upon the confrontation happening not far from him. "HOY," he called, "Whats all the commotion? Why summon a solar for an assassin like him, especially when there are so many of you, kinda overkill, don't you think?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

As the flames rised suddenly Cinder jumped from her comfortable spot by the fire, Meldrinus was kinda spooked as well and leaped up and stood back with his bows knitted together. " Zazzt! I was wondering were you disapeared to you certainly know how to make an enterance. " she laughed. And went to calm Meldinus.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((OOC: Eliath, or ajo, whichever you prefer, please do try to mark which of your comments are OOC and IC in the future; it makes reading the posts and keeping pace with the RP a lot easier. Thanks))

[color=blue:14w62xwm]"Calm yourself, it was only a contract. One that was resolved. I rarely kill a person out of contract, so you needn't fear my blades in your back any longer."[/color:14w62xwm]

Hearing this, Veraka dropped Marala Vharc to his side and narrowed his eyes at the newcomer; he didn't need his celestial granted vision to know that this man and what he had done. The aasimar remembered the fight back many years ago, back when he first got his armor.
Oh yes, Veraka knew this man, and what he had done to his newly wed Neriah spiked his anger to the point of exploding outright. If his mother didn't sense what was stirring deep down within his soul, Neriah would.
The aasimar bit his lip and tightened his grip on Marala Vharc to keep his rage in check and to prevent the Berserker from erupting form him like a supervolcano.

"I would be lying to myself if I didn't say I want nothing more than to ring your very existence from this plane with my bare hands; you try [b:14w62xwm]anything[/b:14w62xwm] towards the fey'ri and I'll personally deliver you to the ruler of Baator myself, especially after your [b:14w62xwm]last[/b:14w62xwm] attempt on her life." Veraka growled to the newcomer, AND placing himself between Neriah and the assassin he knew the guy to be. The aasimar didn't give a damn if he made a scene or not; this man had tried to take the life of his wife years ago, and Veraka was [b:14w62xwm]not[/b:14w62xwm] one to forget and was even slower to forgive.

If Veraka's rage bordered on the super-volcanic, what Sanisa felt within herself was closer to a living apocalypse. The solar narrowed her eyes at the assassin that her son apparently had had contact with in the past, and with great restraint on her part, choked her welling rage down.

"You presume much to think that you are welcome here, especially if what my son says is correct. Know that if you have threatened my daughter-in-law in the past, whatever reasons that, at that time, may have been, I [b:14w62xwm]will[/b:14w62xwm] not stand for any harm to come to her as of NOW!!" the solar exclaimed; as she did this, the wind seemed to pick up, her shimmering silver hair bellowing in its gusts.

After the little whether anomaly had stopped, Sanisa turned to the monk who showed up in the oddest of fashions.
"And as for you, Zazzt De'Shezbron, perhaps it would be wiser of you to first gather the known facts about the situation, then base your statements off of those facts. I was not summoned here by anyone, I came of my own accord. Much as it might be to your surprise, I am Sanisa, Veraka's mother, and as such, am entitled to see him when given the opportunity," she said to Zazzt in a calm and reserved tone.

Turning her piercing gaze back to the assassin, Sanisa looked him down, and said "You wish for food and protection of the numbers here, yet you are one who has attempted to take the life of one of those very number; and not just any one person of this group, but that of my daughter-in-law and my son's betrothed. Explain this contradiction of events to me," she said to the assassin, both curious as to his own reasons, and to prevent Veraka from unleashing his berserker beast upon him.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zhetta
Maid
Maid

Post by Zhetta »

Wow this was unfolding in a way that Zhetta had not predicted.......

OOC (( Pwdn, if you want to have a pissing contest........pull it out and lets get this over with))

Zhetta and the green eyed moon elf were taken back by Verka's news of the newcommer...............and were interested in seeing how this was to unfold.........Zhetta was at the ready if anything broke out
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt smiled, and bowed to the solar, "Forgive me, but I was called away. And Veraka never talked about you in the short time I was here. Naturally, I assumed you were summoned. Call it... a wizard's personality." Zazzt smiled at Cinder, and bowed, "A dramatic appearance is always useful. Helps to calm situations such as these. I was called away on some business for my master, however, I think I should be free for quite a while now."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

This was getting interesting Cinder thought and jumped on to Mendrinus just behind Adain. Sitting crosslegged her darggers were in sift reach just in case. She listen to the Solor she always seemed to get a dazz in her eyes when watching her, such a beautiful magical creature she was, she had never seen a angel before this.
" We are glade to have you back " she replied.
Last edited by CinderSuru on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

Eliath shrugged, "Your protection is of little consequence to me. As I have said before, that contract is done. I did not expect to be welcome. That is why I tried to take some food, and be away from you as fast as I could manage. You need not know of my being here for me to take advantage of your numbers. I have followed you for almost two whole days now, and I thought you might have forgotten our... previous meetings." He shrugged, "I suppose not. Either you don't have many run in's with assassins, or I have a special place in your hearts." He smiled wickedly.
Death is an inevitable process of this world. The lords and heroes of this realm kill just as much as I. I simply profit from death, and so they call me evil.

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt saw how tense everyone was, and he sighed, and shook his head. "he speaks true enough. I have a few connections who are assassins." He raised his hand before anyone could give him disapproving stares or comments, "Not a particularly good thing, but it comes with being the head of an organization, sometimes your morals must be put aside for the survival of your group. Either way, most of them follow the same code. Kill when you are paid, and leave the rest as it is. And it isn't as though he harbors any of you ill will from a personal point of view. Leave him be, if you wish I can can responsibility for him."

Zyeke
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((hey yall. lets not have any issues. it makes the RP less fun for others and I think there are better ways of dealing with it.
if there is a problem, it maybe best dealt with thru PM or maybe IM's.
thanks yall.))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian stood cautiously, very much aware of the gathering storm around him.

"I am not inclined to let a man starve in this wilderness while we have plenty," he said. "And if my friend Zazzt is willing to take responsibility for him then so much the better. Given the reactions of my companions, however, I would certainly wish to know whom we are addressing and his connection to the past of our just-betrothed couple."

Not to mention that killing a man would put a most severe damper on a fine celebration...
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

((Ngh, my caution earlier was a bit too blunt. I was just tired, didn't mean it to sound like that.

But yeah, it's best to be very careful with these sorts of things, and if anything else assume you can't succeed and let them be. Remember, in this sort of RP nobody can kill your character(s) without your permission, there's no need to be a step ahead of every evildoer that turns up. ^^ ))
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

Eliath relaxed a little. If he found a benefactor in the group, he didn't have any complaints. "I won't apologize for my actions against your wife. It was a job, nothing more, nothing less."

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt smiled, "Good, now that was dealt with." He walked over to Eliath, and placed a hand on the man's shoulder. "Besides, I have a feeling we may need his lack of morals and abundance of skill before this is over." He raised his hand, "I hear there was a party? Something about a marriage. Well, now, this shan't do then. Why not celebrate inside?" He turned, and with a grand sweep of his arm, showed an elaborately carved door that wasn't there before his arrival. (Mage's Mansion).

Zyeke