On The Shores of Despair (Part 4)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"And your deity, whomever they are, has a reason for forbidding you this?" he said. His voice had gotten tight with confusion and a bit of anger on his friend's behalf. "I do not wish to think that it was out of callousness or indifference."

He glanced down at Cinder's sudden tension, but he ran his fingers through her hair until she relaxed again.

He wasn't sure he wanted to hear the answer.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Sanisa stared at Adian, sensing his apprehension and softening her expression.
"No, my deity did not do this out of callousness or indifference; no, my young paladin, my deity did this out of necessity and fear. Necessity because he felt that my son was to become something of a destroyer of the innocents and fear out of that exact reason of the first reason of necessity. You see it, my son's patron deity, Bahamut, the Platinum Dragon; it was his predecessor, Tyr, that commanded this of me before the events of the Spellplague." ((I'm assuming that this RP is after 1385 DR; otherwise, I'll edit this statement))

Sanisa looked up at the darkened sky, her golden eyes glowing at the heavens. She then looked back to Adian; "yes, it was Tyr, himself that commanded this of me, and Torm, The Loyal Fury, who, through Tyr's persuasion, also asked this of me, though he seemed to resent this as much as I did; and so, I obeyed their command, like a good soldier would, and watched with a saddened mind, a heavy heart and a crying soul as my lover was slaughtered before my eyes, and as my son was left for dead. Never before had I felt sorrow or fear in my heart. Also, before you ask Adian, my deity demanded this of me because of a certain trait that manifested itself right around the time my son had his first birthday. You both might recognize it as a certain rage that comes forth whenever my son is in danger or when he sees something that disturbs him deeply."
Last edited by veraka on Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

There were many things Adian could have said...some of them not very nice or very wise.

"That gods might fear a mortal...I find that disturbing," he said. "And yet he holds the highest trust of the gods now." He nodded to the storm warrior's armor and weapon. "As for the Spellplague, I was quite isolated at the time. I cannot judge the actions taken during it.

"yes, I have seen the darkness he battles," he added. "He seeks to master it. Can it be done? Can it be cured?"
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Sanisa actually smiled and giggled a little, albeit the seriousness of the discussion.
"That the gods would fear one like my son is hard to see and at times, even a little amusing," her voice then resumed its hard edge; "No, young paladin, unlike you and all the others here, my son possesses something that is most unusual, even to those on the slopes of Mount Celestia. For what he has none of us truly know, not even the infernal ones of the Nine Hells have a clue as to what it is that possesses him during, what he calls the 'Berserker'. It is not my son as a mortal that the Triad feared at the time, it is the affliction that hounds my son that makes them stop in their tracks; and so they issued me the command to not intervene and so I did exactly that; and now as you can see, yes my son has won the attention of Bahamut himself, but it is not because of Veraka's darkness and his yearn to destroy or master it that the mighty Platinum Dragon has gifted him, it is because of his undying and unyielding sense of justice and pursuit of its true meaning that has snatched Bahamut's eyes. Yes, my son is a champion for the Platinum Dragon, but he sees this path as one that will help him ascertain a greater control over his berserker darkness."

She breathed out with a heavy sigh and looked to Veraka, whom slept near his fey'ri lover, looking like a vanguard protector to her.
"As to your other questions, Adian, yes, my son does seek to master his darkness that hounds him wherever he goes. To your first, I truly don't know; so far, Veraka has, at the very least, been able to control it during his times of great distress and need. If he can master it's power, then he will truly be a force to be reckon with; and I can only imagine that force will multiply now that he has someone to care for," she chuckled, indicating a sleeping Neriah with her slender hand.

"As to your latter question, my young drow paladin, I'm afraid there is no cure for it, as it is a curse, one that none have ever encountered. I only know that as my son grows in strength, experience and skill, so will the berserker in raw power, and fury. The stronger my son becomes, the more ferocious the berserker becomes; but so far he has shown considerable restraint in using it, and in the times he has tapped into its dark energies, he used it to accomplish what he saw as justice to those whom deserved it. I will not deny that his darkness has saved him on several occasions and even brought him victory out of seemingly un-winnable situations. However, it is that exact reason why I was commanded to not intervene for him or his father; because of that darkness within him."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"I begin to see the cause for concern," he said. "There is the danger that his rage can get ahead of his control. That [i:2zrjsv43]is[/i:2zrjsv43] something to fear.

"Thank you for being so direct," he said, looking up at her. "Veraka is not unreasonable. And I think he has a big heart. I am quite sure there is plenty of room for you in it It might take some time but...perhaps I can nudge him a bit."
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder was in and out of sleep and heard bits and pieces of the conversation Aidan was having with Verake mother. Cinder wondered if Adain would sleep he seemed to have alot on his mind.
She heard the last part of the conversation, that he though there would be room i his big heart for his mother, she hoped this was true. She knew what it was like growing up with out knowing her parents. her mother was dead but she know her father was somewhere out there most likely in the underdark realms, she did not even know if he knew she existed. She would love to see Varake make amends with his mother so she could be in his life.

SADE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF7yuNg_zWE
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Sanisa looked to Adian with a glimer of hope in her eyes; "yes, Adian, I believe that your assessment of Veraka is correct; though he can be stubborn at the best of times; and, though, I do not doubt his ability to forgive, as I have seen with his. . . . . choice for a girl, I wouldn't be surprised if he still harbors a grudging anger toward me for leaving his father to die fighting for his life. I sincerely hope you are right, paladin of Eilistraee. As to your offer, Adian, I would gladly accept; nothing would make me happier if not just to see my son rid himself of his anger toward me, it is unfocused and unusable; however if what I'm sensing is. . . " she trailed off in her words, her golden eyes looking at Neriah.

The solar got up from her position and strode over without making a sound, to the resting fey'ri and placed a hand on her lower abdomen.
"Well, well, well; it seems my son's fey'ri girlfriend and lover has been keeping something from him for a little time now," she said, a small smirk forming on her face as she got up and walked back over to Adian, Cinder and Aurora.
"If my son doesn't have a focus point for his rage by now, he will soon enough," said Sanisa as she sat back down, noting Adian's curious expression. She decided to let him chew on her words for a moment or ask his own question.

The celestial nodded at Adian, confirming her own fears of Veraka's berserker.
"Yes my young paladin; if Veraka were to lose control of his rage, I fear the worst for him would be inevitable. The rage not only grants him tremendous strength and resilience, but also allows him to absorb nearly four times as much punishment as he would if he weren't in his rage." She eyed the half-drow wizard that was on the outskirts of the camp.

"You, wizard, with the oversized imp-looking gargoyle for a familiar. You've seen this durability that Veraka possesses first hand, have you not? I believe you can attest to my description of my son's rage capabilities." She said to Drakashin, waving him over to speak. Sanisa was familiar with Veraka's . . . . odd acquaintances and their professions. While she despised Necromancy in all its forms, she did not doubt the wizards abilities, nor her son's judgment of character.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"I shall have to congratulate Veraka and Neriah tomorrow," Adian said. Despite the otherwise grim conversation, the revelation that Neriah had been keeping something'...that 'something' at least apparently being a developing child...he found himself smiling. While he had little to no experience in the matter, he knew the joy with which a new birth was greeted in the Promenade...particularly since they were rather rare.

"And congratualtions to you for being a...what is the Common word...'mother of the father'...great...no...gra..."

He sighed with frustration.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder gently stroked Adians face... i can not belive you are not tired after all you have been through tonight she hugged him and said it is almost dawn. is some one having a baby
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Maybe," Adian said. "It's funny...my body is tired, but my mind feels...unsettled. Maybe I should go ahead and lie down...for a couple of..."

He was asleep moments after his head touchred his folded cloak.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder smiled and rapped herself around him again she was glade to see him finaly sleep. In the morning they would have to burn the body of the evil creature that lay only to close as a scarfic to Eilistraee. She kissed him and again fell asleep watching the fire.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Sanisa smiled as she watched the young drow couple go to sleep in each others arms.
"I suppose that leaves just you, me and that eccentric wizard friend of my son's and his rather odd gargoyle familiar," she said to Aurora, whom rested her head on the solar's lap while getting her ears scratched from behind.
[i:20sst6my]I suppose it does, though I think that the wizard's familiar is having one of his rather odd moments.[/i:20sst6my] The wolf indicated Grisnaw a distance away, who was doing something most peculiar.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder awoke to a cloud cast morning she moved slowly and silently and got up not waking Adain and streched. She decided to gather some wood. She indicated to Aurora to follow... shhhh she said to her come on lets go for a walk...and they disappeared silently, she brought back an arm full and went back for another. She was not use to such silent in the woods, there were no birds about to entertain her only a quite breeze wisped through the branches. She stopped by the tree that she had been stationed in the night befor, touching it with both hands giving thanks. She gathered enough wood to last a few hours.
When the water was on the fire she took out her brush, sat on a tree branch a gently pulled the knots from her hair and tied it in a high ponytail on top her head clipping it into place with a hair tie. Then started thinking about making some bacon she saw in the packs, there always seemed to be plenty of everything thanks to one of Pwdns talents. She gave an apple each to the horses and Meldrinus then took out her clean dagger and started cutting the bacon in stripes to fry.
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakashin moved to sit with Aurora and Sanisa.

"Yes," he told her, "I do know your son's rage well, after he tried using on. . . my other half a while ago."

Grisnaw, a short distance away, seemed to be, for once, at a lost for words at the announcement that Veraka was to be a father. His left eye began to twitch and Drakashin knew the silence wasn't going to last long.

"I must apologize for Grisnaw," he told the celestial, "I'm afraid he is probably going to do something rash here in a few seconds."

He was right, at that moment the gargoyle burst out, "The fat man's going to be a father! If he expects us to watch him while he's on one of his adventures, I am NOT going to be the one doing the changing!"

The gargoyle stomped out of the encampment.

"Well, that wasn't as bad as I expected it to be," said Drakashin.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The solar, along with Aurora, had to hold herself in check to prevent herself from bursting out in a fit of laughter.
She composed herself and then resumed brushing Aurora, who was content to smirk at the now retreating over-sized imp.

Then, Sanisa spoke up toward Drakashin; "Drakashin, I believe it is for you; why would your gargoyle expect to become the uncle of my son's prodigy; I find the implication both disturbing and frightfully amusing?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix