On The Shores of Despair (Part 4)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

On The Shores of Despair (Part 4)

Post by veraka »

((Place holder for next post to Shores of Despair))
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Blue flaming blazes," Adian said.

The walls were not blank at all but covered with writings...scribblings in some sort of chalk perhaps. More measurements and arcane mathematics. The original occupant, the writer of the two journals, had been so obsessed that even his quarters had been covered with notes in their project.

The scrawls were almost everywhere...sometimes just random comments sometimes mystical formulae, and sometimes disturbingly unbalanced ravings.

"Is this what being alone does to someone?" Adian said. "I'd need a week to make anything of this...and probably not even then. There's no order at all."
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder sipped on her wine

Aurora being his mate was not exactly on my mind but now that you mention it.
I like his words i like his devotion and faith to Eilistraee and wisdom
But there is just something that draws me to him She scratched his ears gently and affectionately
I don't know what exactly he has a energy about him that i can't resist there is a strong link with us
he is very intelligent I sense this often when our minds are lined
He is warm, kind and thoughtful to all.
Why are you so interested my furry friend.
If you really wish I could go on all night about why he is so dear to me
But some how as simple as I can say I like being close to him I trust him very much and I think he trusts me
he would not be dishonest I know this and i don't know why it just is not in him
He knows the meaning of truth in every sense of the word and that is every thing.
She buried her face in his fur and hugged him.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Hold on there, Adian," Veraka said with a wave of his hand; looking over some of the scribble, the aasimar breathed in swiftly. "This is conjuration magic," he said, flabbergasted. Veraka then narrowed his eyes.

"The markings here, they indicate what looks to be some sort of banishment spell; but then over here, there's a spell of some power for a planar portal. Who ever was studying this was a wizard of some power," Veraka said with finallity and a little hesitance.

Aurora looked at Cinder with a strange look; [i:rdo8b1hc]If you wish to describe Adian, and his fine qualities in greater depth, go ahead, we have all the time until the group gets back.[/i:rdo8b1hc]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" Oh dear dear Aroura as I am sure you know i could go on about how wonderful i think Adain is all night don't you."

Cinder took some more of her wine and put another log on the fire

" It is not like I have know him so long although my trainer seemed to have know of him.

And I know that despite what happens between us I must aid him as long as he wishes or needs me too.

I cannot explain more just that he is the kind of man I know I will always respect and adore. "

even though he can be quite silly some times don't you think " She giggled.

" I hope they return soon I hope they are all right, what am I saying between them all i am sure they can flatten a mountain if they choose.We will just have to be patient." She said then took up the book and started studying it.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"But what were they harnessing?" Adian asked aloud. "And how? And what happened to it? This is...bothersome."

Adian only had a basic education in magic...a vague sort of 'what is possible and what isn't'. He was well aware that there was little that magic couldn't do, but the more complex the effect the more complex the spell and knowledge needed.

"There's only one other pattern in the book," he said. "We'll try it next...unless there's anything else we might find here."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora looked at Cinder and nodded, [i:1gj5rpds]Oh, I'm sure you could, Cinder, and yes, I agree; the young paladin can be funny at times.[/i:1gj5rpds]

Veraka merely shrugged his shoulders at the young drow; he wasn't sure what to make of the strange markings himself.
"Not sure, but there was definitely magic used here at one point."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" I almost wish I would have went Aurora " she snuggled into her.

" It is probably very exciting and I can't wait to hear about it. There is certainly some very interesting things going on around here, there is a bit about magic in this book but it is hard to make out. Do you know much about magic Aurora? " Cinder asked "
Last edited by CinderSuru on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Okay...let's take a look at where the other code leads us...maybe then things will make more sense."

Adian found the same rocks in the floor and tapped out the second pattern. There was a flash and they were all somewhere else...

This room had been a place of experimentation...a laboratory. Something had wrecked it. No...not merely wrecked. Destroyed. All the equipment that had been in the room had been blasted towards the walls and everything fragile had been shattered into a million pieces. A table was in two pieces on opposite sides of the room...or rather the two biggest pieces were. From the scorch marks on everything and the scattering of everything around the corner of the room the place had been the site of a terrible explosion. Closer examination showed the presence of small scratches and tiny holes in everything facing the center...shards of something.

Adian made a surprised sound and waved Veraka over to his angle in to place.

"There," he said, pointing.

A skeleton was amid the wreckage, its bones charred in places exposed to the center of the room...and more signs of shrapnel. In fact, they could see the shrapnel pieces embedded into the front of the long-dead victim of the explosion.

Crystal. Tiny fragments of crystal.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" All though i have studied Astrology quiet extensively " she continued " There seems to be some astrology references but it is so difficult to decipher." She sipped her wine and decided to water it down she was getting a bit light headed, " but it just tastes so good Aroura" she smiled at her and took a few pieces of bacon from the table for the kitty and the wolf and gave it to them. Continuing to try to decipher the astrology on the few pages it was on.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[i:2abgudk1]Do I know about magic; yes, to a limited degree, I do,[/i:2abgudk1] the wolf said; [i:2abgudk1]though, I do have a keen interest in it.[/i:2abgudk1]

The aasimar looked over to where Adian had pointed and didn't know what to make of it; "why in the fierfek would someone go to all that length to research that much on magic, then proceed to destroy it? I can only guess as to why."

When Veraka looked to the reminiscent crystal shards, he became even more confused. The skeleton here was either the owner of this little retreat of a cave, or some intruder that had the unfortunate accident of finding the cave.
"Something doesn't add up here," Veraka commented, more than a little curious about the skeleton.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"The journal mentioned that someone lost their life," Adian said. "I think. Perhaps this is whomever the writer was referring to. Maybe...an apprentice or assistant? Hm...the size of the hips and the shape of the skull suggest this was a female. Whatever happened it must have been very quick.

"I hope so, anyway."

He looked around at the wreckage.

"The journal also said something about doing the undoable...that something had to be sealed...a 'living light' for which sight meant death. Maybe...the mage or whatever they were realized they were into something over their head? And it took this to make them realize it? That's just speculation, though."
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" Well Aurora this I can tell for sure there is a planet that is quite distant but it is a large planet and it come closes to ours every 200 years, and it seemed we are in that year now but there are two others that are also distant that come only every 600 years to there closes point to us." she continued " it seems they are entering into this faz that brings them two closes to our planet in one months time. And all three will be in a concjuction , at which time one of the closer planets will be opposite this conjunction. This must be important indeed. "

Cinder staired into the fire sitting cross-legged in a lotus pose. She opened her mind and focused, as focused and directly as she could. " Adain I have found something, I am not sure were you are or if you can here me but do you see a star chart or what could look like an alignments on a chart of some kind "
She kept these thoughts directed at him, with intence
concentration.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

[i:1qfe64p1]The lab is a ruin[/i:1qfe64p1], Adian sent back. [i:1qfe64p1]There's almost nothing left to recognize. And there's a body here...long dead. Very long dead. Maybe about as old as that old journal. [/i:1qfe64p1]
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" Well that was easier than I thought it would be, are you coming back now or are there other rooms? I found something you may be interested in." Cinder answered back to Adain.