On The Shores of Despair (Part 4)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Looking up Cinder saw what was a golden Eagle. " Looks like a golden Eagle to me " she said climbing down behind Adain.
She looked Verake somewhat disapointed at having been interuped she gave him a crocked but playful smile. " it seems to have come in with the intention of not beeing noticed. You are right thow it does not seem to be wild, but it does not have any bad intentions of this i am certain. I have seen a few like it on Evermeet that were the monts of a highly place sun elf, probly a agent of a great sun elf mage. This is curiouse indeed i would advise no attact and only to wait for who ever may be monted on it to reviel it's self when it is ready it is mostly cloaked in invisabilitie. Sun Elves are the choosen of Corellon and i would not interfer, simply wait." Adain lifted her down and she took his hand. " i asure you there is nothing to be concernded about we are simply being watched for some purpose, maybe she or he knows somthing of the cave.
Meldrinus was standing on his hind legs eating as many of the plumbs he could reach. Cinder picked up the basket she had drpped and said well i am filling this basket with what i came for here for are you going to help me Adain? I think we will have to come back for more i am sure the horse will like them as well. There is know danger.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"As much as I trust your judgment," Adian said, watching the bird as it flew. "But I'd rather err on the side of caution. Sun elves are not the only ones that can tame a mount. I'll feel safer under cover of the trees."
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" Oh allright " she said following him back to the camp " come on Meldrinus " She looked up at the giant eagle it seemed farmilair some how.
She put an other log on the fire and sat down to warm herself

" feeling a little chilled Adain " she laughted and sat down to watched the eagle deep in thought.
Zhetta
Maid
Maid

Post by Zhetta »

The gracefull Eagle flew down and landed, now the beautiful sun elf could be seen, she dismounted and walk arrogantly over to Cinderanna. " Still the air head you have allways been Cinderanna " she turned to Adain and gave him a blank stare. " why don't the two of you just do it and be done with it ? all this foolishness does get boring " she looked around her and her eyes stopped at Verake, you do attracked unsavory company, a hord of demons." she sniffed.
She inclinded her head somewhat polite to the beautiful solor.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian's eyebrows came together, irritated by the arrogance. Nevertheless he was able to keep a polite tone.

"You appear to have the advantage of us," he said. "Who are you?"
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Surprise came over Veraka's face and a hint of anger flared at the outright rudeness of their newest arrival. Not only had this arrogant elf insulted his paladin friend, Adian, but had also made a point to throw one his way as well.

"Hey that's what we paladins do best; kill demons," he shot back in a half-mocking, half-joking tone, his eyes locking onto the sun elf.

Sanisa, who had gracefully dodged most of Grisnaw's surprise snowball ambush, by this time, had noticed the sun elf and Veraka's reaction. Walking over to him, she placed a firm and very gripping hand on his shoulder; "enough, my son," she said in her commanding voice, which meant that she was serious.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zhetta
Maid
Maid

Post by Zhetta »

Looking straight into the Paladins eyes she said, *and that advantage I will keep* until I choose to reveal my purpose for visiting this *rolles eyes* so called camp.........

And you with the dragon scaled armour should heed your mamas advice.............I would preferr to see you with all that dreadfull garb off..........as I do not really like your kind....but I would like to feast my eyes on your obvious manlyness.......to see if my senses are correct
Zhettas demure changes as she looks at the winter wolf....greeting her with respect and honour

Zhettas thoughts spoke to Cinderanna only.........the time is coming near.......
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" Zhetta " Cinder sighed. " I see you have not been able to refine your vulger tung or your delutional self importants." waving here insults off. She turned to Adain speaking to him in his mind. " Zhetta is not to be feared she is a agent of the a mage of the fellowship of the forgotten flower who was once my teacher for a time on Evermeet. She has many gifts to share it is only her tung that is untamed. "
Cinder got up and took the basket in her arms and returned to the tree calling meldrinus and begun filling the basket with the friut.
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

Frad, sensing a melee that might turn against him, had burrowed under the snow from where he was already half-buried and now dug himself up from his hiding-place as he sensed the attacks abating. His reaction to the eagle was one of surprise, and immediate suspicion. He eyed the eagle and rider edgily and carefully drew an axe from its' sheath ready to cast at the elf if things turned violent.

Lyon, moving closer, inspected the eagle. He lowered his gaze respectfully when it fixed him with a predatory glare, then looked up once it turned away again. "Well, you're certainly one of the most impressive birds I've ever seen, it's a shame your rider seems to mistreat you so. Out here in the frozen north so far from your own lands; I hope you managed to avoid the snap snowstorms, most animals brought out here tend to die in blizzards. I'm sure she knows what she's doing though, flying about like this." He ignored the elf herself for the most part, far more interested in the eagle, and wondering how she was keeping it safe from the cold.

Pwdn however, having been already disturbed once, took a much more direct approach with this intrusion. Walking forwards carefully she eyed up Zhetta with obvious disdain and more than a little pity. It was an expression that came to her easily, and this seemed as good a time as any for it. "You appear to be acting under the misapprehension that you are welcome here. You are not, and I would advise you to leave for your own terribly superior household before our unrelenting drabness starts to rub off on you. I'm sure you have some reagents to play with there and keep you busy, this is a dangerous area not suited to silly little girls." She looked back to Cinder suddenly, smiling. "Of course, if you wish to keep her along as your subordinate I can hardly refuse, but do try and keep her out of the way. She seems the type to be habitually underfoot and that really won't do for our group. Lyon?"

Lyon turned from the eagle, ducking his head to it again as he'd read was expected. "Yes?" "Try and keep Frad from bothering this child, I expect she's the fragile type. You know, self-proclaimed princess and all." With that she retired to the campfire, they were going to be low on supplies if they were expected to have a proper meal for the wedding she was intended to perform. "And try and teach her some manners, start from living-in-a-cave level and work up from there."

Her intent, while she spoke sharply and with very hooked words, was in intent to keep this arrogant girl cowed. Such an attitude would bring her or others to blows more often than not, and as she'd learned from her own lector the best way to have others get along was to be a constant antagonist; keep herself the focus of antipathy and while the girl stayed here the others would remain opined as 'at least they're not as bad as the cleric.' That, and maybe by having Lyon pair up with her he might start to rub off on her; he really was quite irrepressibly friendly.

Lyon approached and offered his arm to the girl. "I'm impressed; she's never actually insulted anyone before that I've seen, you must be a real piece of work. Still, as I'll be keeping Frad from playing his games with you I suppose I should stay close." He would, from this point, follow her until she left as he'd been asked. Still, he couldn't help but be intrigued by her, and more specifically by her mount. He'd been thinking on that subject quite a lot recently, after all, and she certainly had managed well for herself in that respect.

((Away again for the weekend, apologies for the long absence; there's been bandwidth issues all week with it cutting out suddenly and not reconnecting for several hours))
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian briefly wondered where all the metaphorical wasps had come from.

"Plainly you have business with us," he said, looking the Sun Elf in the eye...though it might be more accurate to say that he met her eyes with his cloth-covered ones. "I am sure you did not crop into our camp for a casual chat or to whet your tongue on our hides."
Zhetta
Maid
Maid

Post by Zhetta »

Cinderanna it is time for the orphan Adian to recieve his destined gift of a new suit of armour...........the finely crafted mail is painstakenly woven in feather light silver threads...........runic messages that Adain alone will understand in his times of need...............and magic only known to Adain when he adorns the attire..........it has the power of the quartz crystal to magnify his new found magic and there are tiny amethyst druzies that are there for his own health........making his personal life force [b:2x6g185i]near[/b:2x6g185i] undestructable while in battle..........Corellan has destined this paladin with a chore that can only prevail when Adian himself is adorn with the magic of the woven threads........
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae watched as Frad avoided most her flaming balls. at the last second she saw the solar's, and she managed to pull her piwafwi up in a shield like manor to stop the missile. she didnt expect the gargoyl(?) to drop numerous ones from above. as the hit Zarae just had to laugh at it all. she was truly enjoying herself. then she noticed that everyone was distraced by the large flying creature she remembered that was called a eagle.
Zarae brushed her self off to keep the snow out of her clothes and made her way to her steed. climbing up on Moonlight she moseyed over to the group gathered. she only paid attention to parts of the conversation, but the sounds of it, the surface elf was mocking her group, her friends. not something she was gunna put up with.
Nearing, Zarae tall upon the horses back, crossed her arms, tho it was not the usual gesture of peace.

((dont worry bout it. with school starting up, things might slow down anyway))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian's eyes went wide at this announcement. Two divine gifts in one day? Both of tremendous power?

He stood there like a deer having spotted a hunter.

"There must me a mistake...somewhere," he said. "What...how...?"

Whatever was expected of him must be very important indeed. The implications of this made him feel, for the first time in his life, like running and hiding somewhere.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder was carring back the basket of fruit when she heard Zhetta's words. She placed down the basket by the pack horses and took out the largest pot filling it with the plums and some snow and took it and set it near the fire. " Yes Zhetta " she said " May i offer you some tea " she poured her a cup and handed it to her. She smiled at Adain " Zhetta has a gift for you Adain, this is her busssiness with us try not to fall over I am sure it is lovely she has been working on it for many many years " she kissed his cheek reasuringly. " A task is not given to one that does not have the abilities to achieve" she went back for the basket. " I am hardly her subordante Pwdn. " she looked at the clerical rather puzzled. " Zerae would you like to come and help me pick some more fruit i am sure you will love the tree. " she asked as she passed her young friend.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"I think she meant that our friend here would be subordinate to you," Adian said. "Which is beside the point. Isn't this a little blase' of you? Do divine gift fall from the sky so often that they bore you or something?"

He stared at the sun elf, not at all sure what to say.

"Er...are you telling me that [i:d94md5op]you[/i:d94md5op] made this for [i:d94md5op]me?[/i:d94md5op]"

Presumably at the behest of her own deity. So now Corellon had blessed him as well...evidently long before he had ever known he would be stepping out of the caverns of the Promenade.

"I...don't know what to say," he said. "Except...thank you. I will strive to be worthy of this gift."

Now he suddenly knew exactly how Veraka felt about his own armor...wondering what purpose the gods had in mind for him.
Last edited by Adian Novar on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.