On The Shores of Despair (Part 4)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder heard frud quite clearly she was not really all that far

Frud you little snip... a night time... chamberin, her ears were fuming i am going to hang you by your ears to the nearest tree

she came back and dropped another load at Adains feet... do i have to light it too she kissed him onn the check

I am going to be busy chasing Frud and i can run rather fast frud so you may as well just give up now

She started after him with fierce determination
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian's face went a shade of grey at Frad's crudeness...and the threat he seemed to be implying.

Frad, however, had long established himself as a troublemaker...so his "advice" was likely to be frivolous. The removal of 'balls'...especially if 'balls' were what he seemed to be implying...was not at all a likely aim of Cinder's.

"You can hang him," Adian said. "In a moment."

He suddenly dropped and swept his leg hard against the back of Frad's legs, toppling him forward into the snow. A moment later he was grinding the dwarf's face into the nearest drift. Despite his small size, he was quite strong.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Oh good it will give me just enough time to get some rope maybe i will just tie him to a tree no reason to pierce a innocent tree now is there

She grabbed a robe and when Adian had done with him she gripped his feet one in each hand and dragged him to a tree are you going to help Adian he is quite a squirmy snip.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian's grip on the dwarf was difficult to keep...the dwarf was strong as well...and compact, so it was hard to use leverage to move him.

"Hold still and die like a man!"
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

It was not easy to drag him to the nearest tree, am i hearing a recant Frud she quickly tied his hands behind the tree tightly.

Perhaps the crow will be circling soon i can always call a few if there are any near by.

There now lets go make a nice warm fire Adain and have some supper.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora padded over to Cinder, who seemed to be a little heavy-hearted, and said [i:16bughus]well Cinder; you can look at it like this when it comes to males; one: they are always going to be odd, but they usually intend well if they truly care about one, such as yourself or Neriah; and two: if they say something that you find offensive or you're confused at, just ask them. Males in general, especially my little brother, respond much better to direct words than to subtle actions and whispers. Believe me, I've seen Neriah work Veraka much the same way that a wolf mother scolds her mate and male cubs; quite effective if you want to know something or are just feeling hurt and want to know the truth.[/i:16bughus]

Veraka looked at the young drow with a surprised look; "Adian, perhaps I'm not the best one to tell you this but I feel that it safe to say that Cinder uses both her heart and her head with equal power and restraint."

It was then that Frad made his crude and rather, very obscene remark to Adian about the young drow, which took the aasimar by surprise. Though it was Aurora, not Veraka, who decided to do something a little fun herself. But by the time the winter wolf had come over to the two drow, they'd already tied up the obnoxious stout one.
[i:16bughus]AHHHhhhh, come on Cinder; I was gonna sit on him,[/i:16bughus] the great wolf said, her ice-blue eyes glittering with glee.

Neriah had decided by this point to make herself useful, and start the fire for the group; picking up a armful of the branches found by Cinder, she cast Fireball onto them, and ignited them into a small inferno.
[color=indigo:16bughus]"You're actually rather beautiful, and you seem very kind, I can see why Veraka is so taken with you. Though. . . " She paused, feeling foolish but she had started and so she finished. "I must admit, I do not understand your sense of humour very well." [/color:16bughus]

Looking up to the Ilmatarian acolyte, the fey'ri half-smirked, half-smiled at Pwdn's remark.
"Thank you, Lady Pwdn; very rarely does one actually give such a comment without malicious, or" she pasued, looking for the right word," other thoughts within their heads, particularly males. As to my kindness, well I think that Veraka's paladin aura has rubbed off on me over the years, or just him not seeing me as something of a toy or the evil that's often associated with demon-blooded creatures and their offspring."

She stopped, making sure that the fire was going well, then continued; "I love that huge aasimar for that quality among others; his ability to see past racial stereotypes and surface prejudices; he sees what people truly are and judges them based on that [b:16bughus]new[/b:16bughus] knowledge. As to your wondering of my unorthodox and probably, unnerving sense of humor, well that comes with the blood line, though I prefer to use it as a way to vent emotions, and Veraka does have a certain funny tolerance for it, so I think he doesn't mind. As to my innuendos; oh, well, that stems from the first time that Veraka and actually met. Since I'm sure long stories bore you, I'll just say that that storm warrior told me something that I wouldn't have guessed a male in a thousand years would have said to me."

Veraka had decided to sit down, and rummage through his memory banks, trying to think up the name of that particular weapon that Lyon had mentioned to him. He looked like he was deep in concentration; then out of nowhere "HOLY SHIT!! I GOT IT!!"
The shout drew more than the desired attention, but when Lyon looked up, the storm warrior was approaching his position, a very big smile on his face.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian's head snapped around at Veraka's shout, wondering what in the hells he had 'got.' As the warrior approached them he folded his arms and grinned.

"So are you going to tell is what it is or are you going to stand there smiling until I ask Aurora here to sit on you?"
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

I think he is to stubborn to recant Cinder stood over him with her arms crossed maybe lick his face girl give him a chill.

She took out her dagger and said you know what i should do with this donèt you. She swung behind him and with one swift cut he was loose.

She took Adains hand and looked him straight in the eyes and squeezed it affectionately. Stood on her tip toes and pressed her nose against his and walked over to the fire and started to consider what to make for supper as she waShe started with boiling water for tea and found some barley flour there were plenty of mushrooms left and some peppers to she started making flat bread and asked frud if he could cut up and cook the mushrooms and peppers.

There is some butter there to fry it in so come here and warm up and get started ...she insisted
rmed herself.
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

Frad, laughing even as he fought back and was strung from a tree, did not lose his determination to cause trouble. He kicked out as he was trapped there, a clever shove on Aidan's rump that sent him falling forwards onto Cinder as she kissed him to land together in the snow. He had loosened the ropes around his hands, slick shorty that he was, and glad for having made the effort to learn the skill. He wandered over next to them as they lay in the snow, and snickered. "Now ya got 'im lass, make sure he don't suffer too much!" He ran off again with a whoop, then made a sharp turn as he saw Aroura standing nearby and dodging between the trees to avoid a pounce. For someone of his size and stocky physique, Frad was surprisingly agile. "An' another thing, ya gotta learn not ta use such a simple set o' knots for yer ropes. Ya couldn't hold an arthritic boar wi' the effort ya made fer me! Snowballs were employed to slow their progress, Frad was nothing if not opportunistic.

Pwdn was playing with a perfectly spherical night-black stone, letting it sink through her hand and drop before catching it and repeating the process. She'd found it in the cave, a raw shard of jet, and had polished it bit by bit to form the attractive shape which, upon their return, she would either sell and send the profits on to the nearest temple or simply donate the gem itself to someone in need. "Well, I do try to think the best of everyone, but at the same time I have already failed everyone once in a previous encounter of. . . of which you probably have already seen the remains some while ago, in a clearing with lots of white birds. I must at least be cautious, to protect those I care about." She bowed her head humbly in apology. "And I am truly sorry for being more cautious with you that I might have with another. In my caution I have made the mistake of comparing you with the few others I have met of similar heritage. If I may, I would beg your forgiveness for my rudeness."

Lyon, turning over some large bones in the snow that he assumed belonged to a bear or elk, looked up to see Veraka approaching. "Oh! Hey, I was just thinking about. . . well, I borrowed a book from the smith in the camp and there are so many enchantments that I could barely take them in. One allows a combatant to receive the attacks meant for another, even without physically interposing himself between aggressor and protectee. I have much to learn I suppose, and yet I'm still finding my eye caught by Pwdn even though she hasn't an interest in me." He grinned. "Of course, I'm not giving up, I'll just have to think of a way to catch her eye."
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

((( well ok Pwdn i will go with than but he still has to help me make supper )))

Cinder responded fast and flipped Adain on his back and jumped on his chest again holding his arms down with her knees pressing into his elbows.

Haven't we been here before she said burrowing over with laughter and could not hold him down she rolled in the snow and quickly got up and ran to the fire to get warm. She took out the loot and hoped that Lyon would take it up.
[youtube:2bqj95wy]q5a0OAtzrXE[/youtube:2bqj95wy]
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

[i:wpakcrp4]"WHOOF!"[/i:wpakcrp4]

Adian had a moment where he was looking up at Cinder as she straddled his chest. When she rolled off of him, he felt as though she were somehow still on him for a moment. Then he levered himself up with a very sheepish expression and tried to make his cheeks cool off with a handful of snow.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder finished making the flat breads awaiting Fruds duties. She wormed a cup of wine by the fire to wam it and lay there looking into the fire with chin in her hands.

Hoping Adain would jion her.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looked at Adian with a wry smirk; "oh, just figured out how I'll coax Neriah into becoming a mother."
The aasimar made his way over to Lyon, and heard the young man speak up; "Yes Lyon, I believe the enchantment your thinking of is called Shield Other, and yes it does exactly what you said. Though, I am curious, you wish to have a merciful weapon, what would you need to perform such an enchantment?"
[i:3gistjnw]I wonder if Neriah could perform such an enchantment; she IS a powerful sorceress, so magic is something of an ease for her,[/i:3gistjnw] he thought to himself. As he was caught up in his thoughts, Veraka found himself staring at Neriah as she was chatting with Pwdn around the fire.
He felt his cheeks go red as her attractive features made his hormones flare and sent his heart racing. His breathing increased in tempo as the storm warrior shook his head hard, trying to clear his head of the very tempting thoughts that slithered within his mind. Though it was little use; resistance was futile.

Aurora watched Frad get out of his imprisonment, then say something to Adian and Cinder, then watched with a bemused expression as the stocky dwarf darted in and out of trees as he tried to run away from the winter wolf.
She stalked after him, her stark white fur camouflaging her perfectly into the snow. She may have a been a good-aligned creature and didn't kill just for fun, but that didn't mean her wolf skills were any less potent.
She wove in between trees, using drifts to conceal her position. As Aurora caught up to the fleeing dwarf, she caught sight of him, and blitzed over to his position, her massive legs giving her the edge in speed to overtake Frad. Within seconds, she was on him, quite literally, [b:3gistjnw]on[/b:3gistjnw] him, as half a ton of flying white fur, muscle and tissue buried the stout dwarf under the snow. Aurora merely just lay there, looking innocent despite whatever the dwarf might be saying now. ((Sorry Ra'Sona, I had to; it was to tempting. Besides Aurora has not sat on anyone this entire RP.))

Neriah looked up at Pwdn as the glassy feminine figure juggled the piece of polished black stone between her hands.
"It's quite alright, Lady Pwdn; I am used to such warnings and cautions, it has become second-nature for me to just expect them," Neriah replied halfheartedly, her eyes going to the fire that was now burning.
"Ah, so that would explain the bloodied battle site that I stumbled across coming here; I wondered how that happened. In any case, Lady Pwdn, you cannot blame yourself for something that happened without your knowing it would," the fey'ri said, staring Pwdn in her eyes; then as fast as she'd been on that subject, Neriah changed gears.
"In truth, Lady Pwdn, I have come to expect such prejudices from everyone that I encounter; well except my paladin lover, that is. As for your apology; no need to apologize mi'lady. I have become so accustomed to such receptions that it really doesn't bother me anymore, for the most part, anyways. Now, wether or not [b:3gistjnw]he[/b:3gistjnw]," she pointed at Veraka, who was conversing with Lyon, "will stand for it or not; that's another story in its entirety." The fey'ri giggled a little at the thought of Veraka not standing for ANY insults or prejudices being thrown around; he just wasn't built that way.

The fey'ri caught sight of Veraka staring at her; a sly and coy grin set upon her features. The reaction she got out of Veraka was perfect, and made her giggle. Going back to her conversation with Pwdn, she continued; "Tell me, Pwdn; what race are you exactly? I've never seen one such as you before, and rarer than that, a devout of Illmater."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder looked up at Verake an could see he was up to something, maybe i will have to cut and cook up these veggies, it looks like Aurora will be keepin Frud.

She sipped her warmed wine and got to the job at hand.

Everyone will starve waitin for Frud, she laughed besides i hope she gets him good.

Cinder poured Adain some wine and put it by the fire to warm, you will have some warm wine here in a few moments Adain come and sit down and get warm

there will be something to eat soon too.

She whistled to Meldrinus to come over and he came and layed behind her. She was watching Verake closely she knew that something very interesting was up and she was not sure if she would tease him or not but she was giving it some thought.

[youtube:3amdy8p0]_i-gcWdBUb8[/youtube:3amdy8p0]
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

(Ahhh...Bob Marley...)

Adian wiped the slightly melted snow from his face and walked over to where Cinder was sitting...letting Aurora take care of Frad. He picked up the heated wine between his hands and sipped it.

"It's good," he said.

[i:3k4ei4hs]Okay...so what do I do now,[/i:3k4ei4hs] Adian wondered to himself. [i:3k4ei4hs]At this point G'eldfryn claimed they had him halfway out of out of his clothing...but I seriously doubt his truthfulness on that matter. In this one area he was known to confabulate a great deal. Soo...what do I do? Put an arm around her...or let her put it around me?[/i:3k4ei4hs]

That was the downside of growing up in a matriarchal society...the females generally called the shots romantically. Especially since they were usually the larger of the two.